Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,356 Member
    Hi Roger,
    The rabbits kept digging tunnels under our front walkway just in front of our porch stairs. Didn't want to weaken the cement there. We don't mind if they dig in the back yard, or out by the trees. They're really kind of cute, even if they eat some flowers.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Vix
    I wonder if they are looking for food or shelter?

I would think that if the Cement is a proper thickness and a good PSI strength and had chicken wire in it for strength that it should be OK.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    The cement is a good thickness, doesn't have chicken wire or any other metal in it. It's just like a sidewalk, laying flat on the ground.
    I think the bunnies were looking for shelter. They have a smorgasboard with our garden and the bird seed that falls from the feeder. :)
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    The cement is a good thickness, doesn't have chicken wire or any other metal in it. It's just like a sidewalk, laying flat on the ground.
    I think the bunnies were looking for shelter. They have a smorgasboard with our garden and the bird seed that falls from the feeder. :)
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Vix
    In my yard there is no way Bunnies would get any fallen bird seed, the Squirrels and Ground feeding birds beat them to it.

I am wondering if it is Rabbits digging under the shed or a Ground Hog or ???

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Ground hogs make a way bigger hole than bunnies or moles. You haven't caught any pictures on your night cam? We saw the ground hogs in the daytime hanging out by the shed. We don't seem to have many squirrels in my new neighborhood yet....I'm happy about that, they were annoying! :wink:
    Oh, I tried the new protein shake mix....it's ok, but I liked the old version better. This one has a funny sort of sweet aftertaste.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I have tried one called Pea Protein Vanilla Toffee - 2 lbs by Now Sports and it was not too good.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/36919112#Comment_36919112

I have not tried the One You suggested yet. I do need to do that too as My next NS order will process on July 5 and ship on July 6 and can not be delayed any further as I delayed it the max allowed earlier. I need to decide whether or not to add more NS Protein shakes to the order. I do like the flavor and texture of them.

I posted pictures of what the Trail Cam captured, I think I need to figure out how to place it differently :)

I saw the comment that the new version was not as tasty as the older version in the user reviews section. It makes me wonder why they tinkered with it, Money saving or discontinued ingredient or.......

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hmmm....maybe they were trying to make it sweeter? It was really pretty good the way it was. I always add fruit, which helps the taste.
  • eku0
    tuesday_002.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hmmm....maybe they were trying to make it sweeter? It was really pretty good the way it was. I always add fruit, which helps the taste.

Hi Vix
    I do not know why as I never tried the old version :)

I do not think the fruit can really help with the gritty taste (Texture or feel?) the one I mentioned above had however.

I turned on the Living Room AC before I went out walking as it was already 78 degrees in there or maybe it picked it up after I turned it off and never cooled off. It was only down to 71 degrees this morning when I went out at 6:35AM.

Have a Nice day, Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I hope You have a Great 4th of July Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    you too, Roger! :smiley:
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I'm sure You will see my other posts in the slower weight loss thread to Joanne ahead of my reply to You there :)

If I said I am just as happy being a stick in the mud and doing little on a Holiday, especially not traveling.

Much of my driving miles are actually with my brother driving in hos car. When I had my car repaired yesterday $207+ :( He commented do You drive at all, only 400 miles since the last Oil Change last Year. So true, the occasional drive to CostCo and Walmart and the Acme for some sale items I can not get in the smaller local Store and a lot of the driving I used to do is now verboten, that being Fast food eateries :) and a lot of my grocery needs are now being met when I bring things home on my walking.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited July 2016
    Good morning Roger :)
    We switched to PCs in the late 80s, and were networking a little bit, but mostly used them to get to the mainframe (instead of dumb terminals) and for writing documents....I think we were using WordPerfect back then. I also installed microfocus cobol, so I could program, test and then upload to the mainframe. I think it was 93 or 94 when I switched over to PC programming and was using Lotus Notes to set up web sites. It was fun...felt so powerful to set up a whole system and get it to do whatever you wanted it to do, pretty much single handed. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Oops
  • RogerToo
    Good morning Roger :)
    We switched to PCs in the late 80s, and were networking a little bit, but mostly used them to get to the mainframe (instead of dumb terminals) and for writing documents....I think we were using WordPerfect back then. I also installed microfocus cobol, so I could program, test and then upload to the mainframe. I think it was 93 or 94 when I switched over to PC programming and was using Lotus Notes to set up web sites. It was fun...felt so powerful to set up a whole system and get it to do whatever you wanted it to do, pretty much single handed. :)

Hi
    They used Dumb terminals where I worked from 1982 t0 1996, they were never turned off and You could see the Log In prompt burned into the screen. Back then I suspect it was Wordperfect or Wordstar that were the big ones for businesses. Then Microsoft came out out with MS Word 1 for Windows. As I remember it came with disks that would let You install a dedicated version of Windows 286 to run it so You did not need windows or You could install it to run in windows. My one Brother and his wife liked the PFS Write for its simplicity.

It sounds as if You had serious programming skills :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    I loved programming. It was my favorite job. I did some heavy duty programming back in the day. Wrote several programs to help automate processes in offices nationwide. Moved to network and systems administration after programming.
    How about you....programming? systems admin?
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Hi Vix
    I would say that Your Programming skills were very good compared to mine.

My only dabble into programming was writing a program many years ago in Basic, and that was back before IBM Clones became the standard home and Business and before the Apples became so Popular. I never really had any Apple II Products. My first MsDos computer was a 8088 IBM Clone with Dual 360k Floppies that I assembled from boards from a computer show.

I found that writing a basic program was fascinating, however it was distracting too. I would get to my first stop with the truck and not recall how I even got there :) Then I would grab paper and write down what had come to me.

Then following that job I went into computer assembly and repair in a smallish local Computer store chain. And there I stayed until retirement 16 years later. I also picked up a 2 year degree in Telecommunications between the previous job and into the period I got that job and started on a part time basis the first year. Bragging slightly :) I came out with Honors and a membership in the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phi_Theta_Kappa

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Well, that's cool. Congrats on the honors, that's something to be proud of. :) I only did repairs and rebuilds for a couple of years. Forgot most of what I used to know. I took night classes to get into programming, also got an MSCE along the way when I started as a systems admin. I was glad I had a background in psychology when I became a manager. Even happier now that I'm retired. :smiley::wink:
    Hope you have a great day too. Happy 4th of July. :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I would say You did real good, programming and a MCSE and a Systems Admin too. You must have been busy. Toss in that Background and I know You were smart :)

Don't feel bad I know I have forgotten a lot of what I knew, When You do not use it, it fades away.

I have been enjoying not being ruled by the Alarm Clock too!

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Haha...I was always really busy....guess that's why I'm still trying to learn how to relax. :)
    Cheers.