Any Shorties Out There?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Wavesssssss while I wait for the car place to take me home. Car said 92 when I got in this afternoon ewwwww lol :)

Hi Kel
    Does this mean Your car needed service? I have no doubt that cars here in NJ were that hot or hotter where the Sun was hitting them. It hit 91 in Newark, NJ and near 90 where I am :( To early for that!

Stay Cool
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hiya Kel! Stay cool. :)

Hi Vix
    If my temperatures are in the upper 80s are Yours any better?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,356 Member
    Hi Roger...nope, we're geting the same, mid to high 80s. Sunny today so far. Painting class coming up soon.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I see You posted while I was posting elsewhere :)

Overall decent weather IMO, No Snow, Hail, Tornadoes or Hurricanes.

Enjoy Your Painting
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hm. Didn't get any painting done today. We were moved from our classroom because they had scheduled a driving class in there, and then the teacher decided she wanted to go over tips and tricks. Just discussion, so. Anyway, I'm more of a hands on person and understand much better how things work when I try them, even if I don't get it right, I can understand what the idea of it is. By the time we got back to where we had a table to work on, it was just about time to leave, and all I had time for was to do a little masking. Maybe I'll work on that a little at home, although I don't usually make time for painting at home.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I am a hands on type myself so I understand what You mean. I am not sure what masking is.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Masking for watercolors is usually a liquid rubbery substance that you can paint onto your paper where you want to leave it white. Paint around it and then peel it off to reveal the white. Some people also used masking tape or other tapes, but you have to be more careful with those not to ruin the paper.
    Hope you have a good holiday too. :) Happy weekend. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Thanks for the explanation. I wonder if the Blue painters tape would work?

Enjoy the Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • eku0
    Probably, if you didn't leave it on for too long.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I was wondering about that since it designed to be easily removed and leave no residue behind.

I got out today, walked, returned and Mowed then Brought the BBQ grill to clean in the Kitchen Sink. BBQing today due to the weather forecast. I brought the grill in and scrubbed it in the sink to protect the finish on the wires. Interesting item in the news the other day about people getting hurt from using wire brushes to clean their BBQs. It seems that some of them have left pieces of the wire behind that got overlooked and ended up in their Burgers and then in the people eating them, Not good.

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • eku0
    I made a bird feeder this morning out of one of the shallow bowls I made that I didn't really like so much. We had a hood from an old bird feeder that I could attach it to. I'm sure the birds will appreciate the free food...haha....and it will give us a chance to watch them. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    My Brother brought home a plastic kit that converts a Water bottle into a bird feeder :)
    Yours sounds better.

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi Roger.
    I also hung one of the birdhouses I made outside on a tree. I think I may make another one today. :)
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Our neighbor has birdhouses and one of our park has many birdhouse all around. Some are single and some on poles have multiple entrances.

Have fun Today
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    *peeks in and waves* back home and no spots, yay! hope you're all doing well :)

~k
  • eku0
    Hiya Kel :) Guess you visited your Mom and did yard work....yay for no spots! :)
    Roger, the birds still want to build nests under our shutters!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I haven't headed out yet for my walk, It is drizzling outside and appears from the weather report that it should be out of here on a while. Front porch in the mid 60s so that will be OK today.

Have a Good Friday & enjoy the upcoming Weekend
    Roger
    *peeks in and waves* back home and no spots, yay! hope you're all doing well :)

~k

Hi Kel
    I bet You are glad to be home and spot free :)
    When I go on vacation I am glad to go and just as glad to be back home too.

Cheers
    Roger
    Hiya Kel :) Guess you visited your Mom and did yard work....yay for no spots! :)
    Roger, the birds still want to build nests under our shutters!

Hi Vix
    The Year they built under the window AC it was the one in the bedroom and I did not have the heart to get rid of it once I realized it was there since I did not notice it until they hatched and started making noise. Hard to sleep late that way however.

When You say under the shutters do You mean between the shutter and the house as I suspect?

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    Yes, but hubs is right on it and gets rid of them before they get too far in the building process. ( A leaf blower works well). A couple of years ago, some birds built a nest on my daughters front door wreath...they didn't notice until there were eggs, so they waited until the babies were able to fly...but what a mess! They had to throw out the wreath, disinfect the door, and constantly clean the porch.
  • RogerToo
    Yes, but hubs is right on it and gets rid of them before they get too far in the building process. ( A leaf blower works well). A couple of years ago, some birds built a nest on my daughters front door wreath...they didn't notice until there were eggs, so they waited until the babies were able to fly...but what a mess! They had to throw out the wreath, disinfect the door, and constantly clean the porch.

Hi Vix
    I think I remember that did You post pictures?

I wish I had noticed in time to get rid of the nest too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    I did. It was sort of cute til the chicks hatched and they raised them there...what a mess.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I agree birds can make one heck of a mess especially when they are taking care of chicks.

I'm glad to know that at least my memory is working OK.

Well I'm off to breakfast, Yesterday I had the Turkey Sausage & Egg Muffin at 180 calories + 20 from the cheese I added 1/2 slice of cheese for taste at 20 calories, Today I am having the Canadian Style Turkey Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin at 150 calories, I do pull the cheese out of it before Microwaving it and then add it back in once it is heated. Plus a NS Coffee Shake Mix Protein shake. I already had my Banana before going out walking.

I had an OK night, Woke up a little early however, Early night tonight most likely.

Have a Great Day
    Roger