Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Partly cloudy today, no rain in the forecast with a high of 85. Not bad for summer. High 80s and 90s for the next week, starting tomorrow. Thank goodness for AC!
    Art class this morning, and I have some errands to run after that.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Lucky You with no rain, AC was churning away Thursday and on my return to the house I have turned it on early. Hopefully getting the house cooled off early helps. It was 77 degrees at 5AM in the living room.

THI is forecast to be at or above 100 degrees with the high humidity.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning, Well we did start out walking at 3am but turned around there was too much thunder and lightning for us to feel safe, I walked Annie around 7am when it all cleared up but I do believe it is suppose to storm all day. So I walked Annie for about 45 minutes then came home and got on the treadmill for 31 minutes. I have no other plans for today just going to take it easy. Roger thanks it really is nice going to the hospital it helps the people who are sick some only want me to pray with them which is fine. Hi Jo and Vix

Hi Irene
    There was lightning in the distance while I walked on Thursday however I carried on walking. The day was so so, Sun and periods of rain intermixed.

How is it going with the Trenton House, Hopefully well.
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Roger gift cards are on sale at Costco not sure how long . I did get my exercise in I walked 45 minutes then got on the treadmill for 32 minutes so I am good for today. The only thing I have planned for today is food shopping and the pool this afternoon take care. Vix enjoy your art class, hey Jo
  • IreneMurman
    hey Roger we did have people over to look at the house and they felt the house needed some up grades but we don't plan on doing anything else
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hello
    Yesterday was not a good day....if you want to read my tale of woe, here it is:
    My car got stuck yesterday....wouldn't start in the parking lot at Walmart as I was running my errands....was giving me an electrical systems problem error. Since it's so new, I called Honda for help. It took an hour and a half for the tow truck to come. Then as she was about to load it onto the truck, she couldn't do it because the brake was stuck on. She called back to the company for a truck that could pick up my car without pulling. All I could think was great, another 1.5 hours waiting. Luckily I had called the service dept of my Honda dealership and he told me that sometimes they can jump start the car, so I asked her to do that....the car started and I was able to unlock the brake, we got it on the truck and went. Then when we got to the dealer they were super busy. It was already about 3:30. So it took them a little while before they could get to it, and about 1.5 hours later the guy told me it was almost done. But then...more problems, the short in the battery had taken down all the electrical systems and they had to download the systems on WIFI and the WIFI kept going out. They started the download , and then it would quit on them. About every half hour the guy would come back to me and tell me that it would be done shortly. They closed at 7:00. By then the guy said he would stay until it was fixed. Luckily the download started again and finished by 7:30. I was surprised he stayed there all by himself to fix it. So nice. Anyway I got home around 8:00 and realized I hadn't eaten all day....left home in the a.m. with just coffee. It was a really long day. Didn't at all get around to doing the things I had planned.
    This morning saw the chiropractor again and ran a couple of errands. Just happy my car is good as new.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    And humor is now posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and No cents. The Temperature out the door was 71 degrees. it was Semi comfortable outdoors while walking, There was a Light breeze that went away. The heat wave in the forecast starting Friday arrived with humidity moving in during the day :(

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/kroger-to-soon-begin-driverless-grocery-delivery.html
    Kroger to bring driver-less cars to grocery delivery

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/28/health/cdc-exercise-report-study/index.html
    Just 23% of US adults get enough exercise, CDC reports

https://www.wxyz.com/news/america-has-a-record-high-stockpile-of-cheese-at-1385-billion-pounds
    America has a record high stockpile of cheese at 1.385 billion pounds

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/slideshows/states-where-the-most-people-get-enough-exercise-in-their-spare-time
    States Where the Most People Get Enough Exercise in Their Spare Time

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/06/28/time-warp-las-vegas-paranormal-investigator/
    Paranormal Investigator Claims To Find ‘Time Warp’ Near Las Vegas

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/28/massive-data-leak-could-affect-nearly-all-american-adults-security-researcher-says/
    Massive data leak could affect nearly all American adults, security researcher says

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2173039-the-us-has-an-anti-drone-gun-that-shoots-drones-at-other-drones/
    The US has an anti-drone gun that shoots drones at other drones

https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/news/local/pennsylvania/2018/06/28/pennsylvania-homes-raided-investigation-mystery-explosions/36455421/
    Pennsylvania homes raided in investigation into mystery explosions

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2018
    good morning, Roger gift cards are on sale at Costco not sure how long . I did get my exercise in I walked 45 minutes then got on the treadmill for 32 minutes so I am good for today. The only thing I have planned for today is food shopping and the pool this afternoon take care. Vix enjoy your art class, hey Jo
    Hi Irene
    I had planned to mention that I suspected them to be on sale as I noticed they were priced at $59.99 when I was in Costco Friday. I picked up a ten pack of Kleenex, a bag of if Frozen Organic Brussels sprouts, and the usual other two vegetables which is the Normandy Mix and Organic Green Beans from the freezer. The Sprouts were a bit pricey with 4 one pound bags in the larger bag for $8.99. I did not see the price before hand or I might have passed on them :neutral:

I did manage to pass the food court despite the Chicken Bakes which I do like calling me to buy them.

Congratulations on the walking. I will admit that I am not looking forward to the higher overnight temperature in the forecast for the next few days. I may end up not going very far if the Temperature and humidity gets to me when I head out the door.

Is the pool warming up much ?
    hey Roger we did have people over to look at the house and they felt the house needed some up grades but we don't plan on doing anything else

From what You posted the house is in great shape, if the buyer doesn't nibble their will be more along shortly. I see people flipping homes on the TV and I passed one that is being flipped while walking.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello
    Yesterday was not a good day....if you want to read my tale of woe, here it is:
    My car got stuck yesterday....wouldn't start in the parking lot at Walmart as I was running my errands....was giving me an electrical systems problem error. Since it's so new, I called Honda for help. It took an hour and a half for the tow truck to come. Then as she was about to load it onto the truck, she couldn't do it because the brake was stuck on. She called back to the company for a truck that could pick up my car without pulling. All I could think was great, another 1.5 hours waiting. Luckily I had called the service dept of my Honda dealership and he told me that sometimes they can jump start the car, so I asked her to do that....the car started and I was able to unlock the brake, we got it on the truck and went. Then when we got to the dealer they were super busy. It was already about 3:30. So it took them a little while before they could get to it, and about 1.5 hours later the guy told me it was almost done. But then...more problems, the short in the battery had taken down all the electrical systems and they had to download the systems on WIFI and the WIFI kept going out. They started the download , and then it would quit on them. About every half hour the guy would come back to me and tell me that it would be done shortly. They closed at 7:00. By then the guy said he would stay until it was fixed. Luckily the download started again and finished by 7:30. I was surprised he stayed there all by himself to fix it. So nice. Anyway I got home around 8:00 and realized I hadn't eaten all day....left home in the a.m. with just coffee. It was a really long day. Didn't at all get around to doing the things I had planned.
    This morning saw the chiropractor again and ran a couple of errands. Just happy my car is good as new.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    What a day You had :(
    I wonder if the WiFi problem was tied to the sign at the Dunkin Donuts this morning that there was a large Internet outage that affected "on the go" ordering, Coupons and Card usage.
    Hopefully You did not have perishables in the car from Walmart.

I recall a boss I worked for bought a new car, a couple of days later the car was dead. When they took it back to the dealer they found that the Alternator never got connected and it had been running on battery until that ran down. Things happen. Does that mean You have a New battery too.

A long day on only Coffee could be a problem if You were to have blood sugar problems.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, yes I have a new battery. Actually I was fine running on coffee and water for a day. Had a nice salad with a boiled egg when I got home and some berries. The scale looked good the next morning. :wink: I'm kind of thinking that it might be good to do a semi fast once a week. It would make my schedule easier and maybe I can start to lose some weight again. Luckily I don't have a problem with blood sugar. I'll see if I get hungry or not. haha.
    Irene, people are always going to ask for more when you're selling your house. It's usually their way of trying to get the price down, a negotiating tactic. If they're buying a used house, they can't expect everything to be new. Good luck, hang in there.
    Hi Jo, hope you're not working too hard...are you off for the 4th?
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning ,we went for our regular walk plus I got on the treadmill and I have been good on my ns so hopefully the extra weight I have put on will come off. Vix I am sorry you had a crappy day but at least it is fixed also the guy that stayed to make sure it was fixed that is so awesome. Roger and Vix we don't plan on putting any more money into it. At this point we won't be making any money as it is. Hey Jo I figured you are working hard
  • RogerToo
    I just posted some humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and No cents. The Temperature out the door was 77degrees. it was not comfortable outdoors while walking. The heat wave that was in the forecast starting Friday got warmer Saturday and worse today with Uncomfortable humidity :(

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/29/amazing-discovery-on-seabed-space-treasure-map-leads-to-mysterious-shipwreck-site.html
    Amazing discovery on the seabed: Space treasure map leads to mysterious shipwreck site

https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/woman-sues-chinese-buffet-for-1m-over-fried-rice-syndrome/
    Woman sues Chinese buffet for $1M over ‘fried rice syndrome’
    A Texas woman filed for $1 million in damages from a Chinese buffet after she allegedly suffered a terrifying bout of “fried rice syndrome.”

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/06/29/anonymous-person-buys-1m-worth-of-remaining-toys-at-toys-r-us-to-donate/
    Anonymous Person Buys $1M Worth Of Remaining Toys At Toys R Us To Donate

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-sears-license-20180629-story.html
    California doctor critical of vaccines is punished for exempting 2-year-old boy from all childhood immunizations
    Probation is the most common punishment for doctors in California accused of wrongdoing. In the last fiscal year, the board took away 57 licenses, while putting 197 doctors on probation

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/06/28/sources-authorities-investigating-multiple-locations-in-bucks-county-in-connection-to-mysterious-explosions/
    Bucks County DA: Suspect Charged With Weapons Of Mass Destruction In Connection To Mysterious Explosions

https://www.wired.com/story/friday-comcast-outage-cut-fiber/
    Friday's Massive Comcast Outage Shows How Fragile the Internet Is

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Bitcoin-bloodbath-nears-dot-com-levels-as-many-13037337.php

Bitcoin bloodbath nears dot-com levels as many tokens go to zero

https://www.bloombergquint.com/global-economics/2018/06/29/freaked-out-americans-desperately-seek-to-escape-the-news
    No Surprise to me :)
    Freaked Out Americans Desperately Seek to Escape the News

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/national-security/article213987384.html
    Are your eyes lying to you? Experts, Pentagon hunt for tools to detect hoax videos

https://www.heraldnet.com/nation-world/this-european-country-makes-us-look-lenient-on-immigration/
    This European country makes US look lenient on immigration
    Lawyers risk jail time if they even help a client fill out a complicated Hungarian-language form.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    Good morning.
    Roger, yes I have a new battery. Actually I was fine running on coffee and water for a day. Had a nice salad with a boiled egg when I got home and some berries. The scale looked good the next morning. :wink: I'm kind of thinking that it might be good to do a semi fast once a week. It would make my schedule easier and maybe I can start to lose some weight again. Luckily I don't have a problem with blood sugar. I'll see if I get hungry or not. haha.
    Irene, people are always going to ask for more when you're selling your house. It's usually their way of trying to get the price down, a negotiating tactic. If they're buying a used house, they can't expect everything to be new. Good luck, hang in there.
    Hi Jo, hope you're not working too hard...are you off for the 4th?
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    It is unusual for a battery to short out. According to AAA the Summer Heat kills more batteries than the Winter Cold. When I think about it I had one go bad on a hot summer day. The car started fine leaving work, and when I came out after a stop on the way home it was gone.

Intermittent fasting is one type of diet plan. It might be helpful to check with Your doctors.

That observation on buyers has a rig of truth to me.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning ,we went for our regular walk plus I got on the treadmill and I have been good on my ns so hopefully the extra weight I have put on will come off. Vix I am sorry you had a crappy day but at least it is fixed also the guy that stayed to make sure it was fixed that is so awesome. Roger and Vix we don't plan on putting any more money into it. At this point we won't be making any money as it is. Hey Jo I figured you are working hard

Hi Irene
    I'm guessing You want to sell quickly to avoid the carrying cost too. I saw a sign that what I consider a fixer upper is under contract. I consider it a fixer upper since there have been shingles missing off of the roof for for several years.

Staying 100% NS will have that effect, the weight will go away.

Good Luck selling quickly
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-I am sorry about your car ordeal. That was really nice of the technician to stay.
    Irene-I agree with Vix about tactics to lower the selling price. You put a lot of work into fixing up the house. It sounds to me like the house is move in ready.
    Roger-I have had the AC on since Wednesday. The house is a comfortable 72 degrees.
    I am still stuffy and blowing my nose. I am now wondering if I also have allergies. I have no other symptoms.
    I have no plans for the 4th. I am off from work this coming week, Wed, Thurs and Sat.
    Irene-Happy Anniversary!
    Have a great day and stay cool! :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Another sunny day, and supposed to go up to 96 today and 97 tomorrow. Too hot for me.
    Jo, it does sound like allergies....hope you're feeling better soon.
    Irene, it does sound like the house is move in ready. Good luck with the sale.
    Roger, glad they caught the guy in PA. Also the article about stress....I've read how the stress levels have gone up since the change in the political atmosphere. I can feel it in the people around me. I hope it changes for the better soon.
    Our son and his girlfriend stopped by yesterday, it was great to see them. My son still has some of his things at our house, so he picked up his work bench and bicycle. We still have boxes in the basement and some things in the garage, but now that he has his own house that will all be moving. :)
    We have no plans for the 4th either. Our town sets off fireworks on the third. We can see a lot of it from our house, so we won't go to the carnival grounds and get stuck in the traffic. I have a lot of projects to do around the house, so no worries about keeping busy.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Vix-I am sorry about your car ordeal. That was really nice of the technician to stay.
    Irene-I agree with Vix about tactics to lower the selling price. You put a lot of work into fixing up the house. It sounds to me like the house is move in ready.
    Roger-I have had the AC on since Wednesday. The house is a comfortable 72 degrees.
    I am still stuffy and blowing my nose. I am now wondering if I also have allergies. I have no other symptoms.
    I have no plans for the 4th. I am off from work this coming week, Wed, Thurs and Sat.
    Irene-Happy Anniversary!
    Have a great day and stay cool! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I have been dealing with a runny nose right after heading out the door for a while now. Usually I do not suffer allergies, this year with the runny nose and occasional sneeze while walking :(

I have the Living Room Wall mount AC set to 72 degrees too, Many times I set it to 74 degrees, that depends on if I at too many carbs and feel warm at 74.

Whee, Enjoy the 4th :smiley:
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Another sunny day, and supposed to go up to 96 today and 97 tomorrow. Too hot for me.
    Jo, it does sound like allergies....hope you're feeling better soon.
    Irene, it does sound like the house is move in ready. Good luck with the sale.
    Roger, glad they caught the guy in PA. Also the article about stress....I've read how the stress levels have gone up since the change in the political atmosphere. I can feel it in the people around me. I hope it changes for the better soon.
    Our son and his girlfriend stopped by yesterday, it was great to see them. My son still has some of his things at our house, so he picked up his work bench and bicycle. We still have boxes in the basement and some things in the garage, but now that he has his own house that will all be moving. :)
    We have no plans for the 4th either. Our town sets off fireworks on the third. We can see a lot of it from our house, so we won't go to the carnival grounds and get stuck in the traffic. I have a lot of projects to do around the house, so no worries about keeping busy.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I have no problem with stress caused by politics, I just ignore it all being turned off by the news reports :smiley: The local cable news channel last night indicated that today parts of the state would hit 100 degrees with a THI that was higher :(

The Work benches here are built in, No picking them up except by disassembling them and rebuilding them elsewhere.

We can pick up some fireworks this year with the changes in the law, They have to be ground display devices however, No Firecrackers or Rockets as an example.

We are not that lucky as regards seeing the towns fireworks :( Lucky You.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, we did our walk at 5am due to the heat wave it was 98 at 7pm last night we did spend the day in the pool we also were in it earlier today planning on going back in. We don't do fire works Annie gets so scared of the noise , Thanks guys for the feed back about the house I know the bathroom could use an up date but we are not doing it. Thanks Jo we had a nice day on our anniversary just hung out at the pool take care all
  • RogerToo
    I did just post more humor, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back from walking and No cents. The Temperature out the door was 75degrees. Once again it was not comfortable outdoors while walking. The humidity made it uncomfortable :(

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/2018/06/29/112-year-old-austin-resident-oldest-living-veteran-robbed-savings-identity
    112-year-old Austin resident, our oldest living veteran, robbed of savings, identity

http://theweek.com/speedreads/782276/fitbit-stomach-charges-itself-using-organs
    This 'FitBit for your stomach' charges itself using your organs

https://www.wxyz.com/news/woman-bites-of-part-of-man-s-ear-at-macomb-county-chinese-restaurant
    Woman bites off part of man's ear at Macomb County Chinese restaurant

https://www.stripes.com/news/it-started-with-your-shoes-then-your-water-now-the-tsa-wants-your-snacks-1.535518
    It started with your shoes, then your water. Now the TSA wants your snacks.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/06/study_about_1_in_5_adults_use_pot_many_report_driving_high
    Study: About 1 in 5 adults use pot, many report driving high

http://www.bostonherald.com/opinion/editorials/2018/06/editorial_new_law_no_bargain?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=fb-bostonherald
    Editorial: New law no bargain
    Rocky seas are ahead for businesses in Massachusetts.
    Yesterday, Gov. Charlie Baker signed the “grand bargain” bill into law. It increases the minimum wage to $15 an hour by 2023, requires paid leave for workers starting in 2021 and establishes an annual sales tax holiday each August.
    Last year, the state Legislature voted themselves a handsome pay raise. This week the mayor of Boston as well as the City Council did the same. Taxpayers are made to hand over their hard-earned dollars to improve the standard of living for their elected representatives again and again.
    When do they get some relief? One weekend in the summer?

http://theweek.com/speedreads/782401/neighbors-called-cops-ohio-12yearold-lawn-mowing-business
    Neighbors called the cops on an Ohio 12-year-old with a lawn mowing business

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/5-wwii-airmen-who-died-during-mission-in-germany-buried-together-at-arlington-1.535074
    5 WWII airmen who died during mission in Germany buried together at Arlington
    In the raid, 38 bombers were lost and 481 were damaged, according to an April 2007 Air Force Magazine article. The USAAF estimated that as many as 500 Luftwaffe fighters attacked and almost 400 men did not return. Many were missing in action after bailing out of their aircraft.

The Nov. 2nd mission was the deadliest, the article explained, but not the last of the missions to Leuna. Crews risked a half-dozen more missions over an array of at least 1,700 flak guns.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/joe_fitzgerald/2018/06/newsroom_shooting_raises_cost_of_unrelenting_news_reporting
    Newsroom shooting raises cost of unrelenting news reporting

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all, we did our walk at 5am due to the heat wave it was 98 at 7pm last night we did spend the day in the pool we also were in it earlier today planning on going back in. We don't do fire works Annie gets so scared of the noise , Thanks guys for the feed back about the house I know the bathroom could use an up date but we are not doing it. Thanks Jo we had a nice day on our anniversary just hung out at the pool take care all
    Hi Irene
    I was our the door at 4:50AM today for the same reason.
    It was 90 degrees at 10PM Saturday Night and 89 degrees at 10PM Last Night, Sunday Night.

I am more interested in quiet fireworks that make a nice looking display, Noisy ones I find annoying or worse.

Good Luck
    Stay Cool
    Roger