Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Right, Roger....I'm tired of going to Drs. Have a referral for pain management, probably a steroid shot to try to help with my uncooperative sciatica/leg issues. Also have to catch up with regular dental cleaning , and yearly exams coming up. Chiropractor this afternoon.
    We're going out with the family tonight to celebrate my husband finishing his radiation treatments. He goes back next week to get the seeds implanted. Hopefully this will all quiet down soon.
    Partly cloudy with a high of 86 today, not bad.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I do not blame You, I had to get a shot into a joint at the base of my middle finger on year recently as it was very inflamed. The shot worked wonders, OTOH the pain while he gave the shot was :(
    Good Luck with Your Shot. I worked with someone that had Sciatica for years, he was not happy. Oh Darn, You had to mention my long deferred Dental visit that should be scheduled :blush:

Good News with Your Husband.

Sometimes a nice quiet period is needed.
    Thanks, Irene. He's doing fine. Happy he can stop going in every day.
    Nice living in the country. :)

I'll bet he is.
    Good morning. Another hot one today, expected high of 90 and sunny.
    It was nice spending time with family last night.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Saturday. :)

Not a Nice weather forecast for the next few days, Hot & humid, Yuck !
    A possibility of Rain for Tuesday, Yesterday we spent time in the garden watering. Early on it was not that hot and then in the afternoon it could have been better.

I'm sure it was nice, I wish I had family close, Our family scattered over the years.

It is what it is...

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, Vix So awesome that your husband is done with his radiation how is he feeling? Our weather here is beautiful took Annie out for her 2 nd walk but now I have to go food shopping. Roger we live in the country so it is mostly shady she does walk a lot on the grass we don't even have side walks but thanks for asking.
    Hi Irene
    I hate going food shopping, I seem to buy junk when I do. That explains why I let my brother do most of it.

Our town is a mix of streets with sidewalks and no sidewalks. The only problem with walking on grass is that it can disguise a dip in the ground that might be a trip hazard :neutral:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, I have been doing really well being on track with my exercise and eating my ns I already have 13,000.00 steps feeling pretty good no big plans for today. Roger we pretty much walk on the road and Annie walks in the grass. Vix glad you have family close . George's and my family is both up in pa so we don't see them too often . Hey Jo
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Good news that Pete is finished with his treatments.
    Roger-I found 11 cents the other day.
    Irene-congrats on your step counts and exercising.
    I have not been using the computer lately. I have been trying to be more active instead of sitting in front of the computer.
    So far there doesn't seem to be any improvement on Sophie's lumps. The vet said it may take up to 3 weeks. He shaved her tail where the lumps are and she has been licking them and they look irritated. Other than that she seems to be doing good.
    The weather here hasn't been too humid. I shut the AC off and have had the windows open.
    Enjoy the weekend. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2018
    I have just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 12 cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and It was not comfortable even when the breeze blew. I got lucky less than 5 minutes after I arrived home the skies opened up and the rain poured down.

Here’s Why You Should Never Wash Chicken Before Cooking It

https://gulfnews.com/sport/football/worldcup-2018/will-shaheen-get-the-world-cup-winner-right-1.2251100
    Will Shaheen get the World Cup winner right?
    The World Cup predicting camel is backing Croatia to make a massive piece of history for the tiny Balkan nation

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/07/14/wework-bans-meat-employees-expensing-meals-company-events/785409002/
    WeWork bans meat for employees expensing meals, at company events

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/716352/Ryanair-flight-emergency-landing-FR7312-Dublin-Frankfurt-Germany-Zadar-Croatia
    EMERGENCY as plane DROPS 30,000ft in 5 mins - '33 in hospital'

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/12/starbucks-straw-ban-will-see-the-company
    Starbucks Bans Plastic Straws, Winds Up Using More Plastic

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    good morning, I have been doing really well being on track with my exercise and eating my ns I already have 13,000.00 steps feeling pretty good no big plans for today. Roger we pretty much walk on the road and Annie walks in the grass. Vix glad you have family close . George's and my family is both up in pa so we don't see them too often . Hey Jo
    Hi Irene
    Even with the headset on and listening to a AudioBook while walking I can hear traffic coming when I do need to walk in the road. The Darn trucks are so noisy as are some of the cars that they drown out the Book. I feel like yelling at the noisy cars "Midacize"

Congratulations on the Exercise and the NS diet.
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Good news that Pete is finished with his treatments.
    Roger-I found 11 cents the other day.
    Irene-congrats on your step counts and exercising.
    I have not been using the computer lately. I have been trying to be more active instead of sitting in front of the computer.
    So far there doesn't seem to be any improvement on Sophie's lumps. The vet said it may take up to 3 weeks. He shaved her tail where the lumps are and she has been licking them and they look irritated. Other than that she seems to be doing good.
    The weather here hasn't been too humid. I shut the AC off and have had the windows open.
    Enjoy the weekend. :)
    Hi Joanne
    Congratulations on the 11 cents.

I do not worry about using the computer as when I am in the house the alternatives are watching TV or Reading a Book :wink:

Good luck with Sophie
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Thanks all.
    My children are close...the rest of our family is scattered. But I'm super happy to be near my children. :)
    Irene, congrats for staying on track and all the walking.
    Jo, congrats on being more active. I hope Sophie gets better soon.
    I've been trying to be more active too, but not doing very well at it. Did manage a walk in the park yesterday. I was really tired and achy after that.
    Roger, your cents add up. :wink: Forecast here is for high of 89 and possible isolated t-storms. So many of the news sites are asking for permission now to keep info, that I would rather not read what they have to say than to authorize more keeping track of me. Such is the world of technology.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    I am starting spring cleaning today. I know it is a little late. It is a gloomy day, so I decided since I have 2 days off from work I would deep clean the house.
    Vix-I was ache yesterday and had to take 2 Ibuprofen. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with it? Our forecast seem to be the same as yours.
    Hi Roger and Irene.
    Back to cleaning, have a wonderful day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Good Sunday Morning, Wow Roger and Jo congrats on your find. Jo I was wondering do they put cones on cats so they don't lick there sores? Vix I think the weather does affect our body. they care everyone. oh I had Chinese food last night and what I had was steamed veggies and brown rice of course with soy sauce so today I can't get enough water so I guess I should of stayed away from the soy sauce.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    One more hot one today...up to 93 and mostly sunny. Then t-storms tomorrow and a little cooler.
    Good luck with your cleaning, Jo. You are always so industrious!
    Irene, Chinese food is delicious, lucky you. Soy sauce is loaded with sodium, and the MSG can mess with you too.
    Hi Roger.
    It's massage Monday for me. Yay. I have a visit with a Spine and Pain doc tomorrow. Looking for a little magic. :wink:
    Hoping we all have a good week. :)
  • RogerToo
    Enjoy the humor I just posted.

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1cent that I spotted laying in a crack, It blended in due to some discoloring and I was lucky enough to see the round shape and look closer. The Temperature out the door was 75degrees and It was sort of comfortable when the breeze blew. Sadly it was intermittent. It rained off and on during the morning then cleared up for the balance of the day. More rain is forecast for Tuesday thus we do not need to water until Thursday if the forecast holds.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/archaeologists-egypt-discover-mummification-worskshop-110445367.html
    Archaeologists in Egypt discover mummification workshop

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ticks-that-carry-lyme-disease-are-spreading-fast/
    Ticks that carry Lyme disease are spreading fast

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/11/cute-young-couple-robbing-shoes/
    Young Couple Wanted For Robbing People Of Their Shoe

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/04/23/health-insurance-costs-texas-teachers/
    Health Insurance Costs Could Drive Texas Teachers To Leave

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/13/georgia-police-flipping-coin-arrest/
    Cops Under Fire For ‘Flipping A Coin’ To Decide Whether They’ll Arrest Speeding Driver

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Boil-Water-Advisory-in-Effect-for-Major-Portion-of-DC-488088441.html
    Don't Drink the Water: DC Warns Thousands of Contamination Risk

Don't Drink the Water: DC Warns Thousands of Contamination Risk
    Judge orders L.A. Times to alter story about Glendale cop, sparking protest from newspaper

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Thanks all.
    My children are close...the rest of our family is scattered. But I'm super happy to be near my children. :)
    Irene, congrats for staying on track and all the walking.
    Jo, congrats on being more active. I hope Sophie gets better soon.
    I've been trying to be more active too, but not doing very well at it. Did manage a walk in the park yesterday. I was really tired and achy after that.
    Roger, your cents add up. :wink: Forecast here is for high of 89 and possible isolated t-storms. So many of the news sites are asking for permission now to keep info, that I would rather not read what they have to say than to authorize more keeping track of me. Such is the world of technology.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Before the scattering all of us Kids and parents were within a 20 minute drive. Now the closest relative is at least a 30+ minute drive, the next is a couple hours if traffic is light then the rest are over a day away :(

I think it might have been the weather as I was tired yesterday too. All my get up and go went away early morning.

Do the sites work if You turn them down ? I get location type requests that I turn down, always.

I think the Thunderstorms left at least a 1/2 inch of rain behind, We needed the rain too. The Lawn is currently a nice brown that will go back to green with the rain.
    Good morning.
    One more hot one today...up to 93 and mostly sunny. Then t-storms tomorrow and a little cooler.
    Good luck with your cleaning, Jo. You are always so industrious!
    Irene, Chinese food is delicious, lucky you. Soy sauce is loaded with sodium, and the MSG can mess with you too.
    Hi Roger.
    It's massage Monday for me. Yay. I have a visit with a Spine and Pain doc tomorrow. Looking for a little magic. :wink:
    Hoping we all have a good week. :)

Today is forecast to be hot and humid here too, with a chance of Thunderstorms...

OTOH if the Take Out menu proclaims no MSG You should be good to go. When I was delivering overnight a block from Madison Square Garden You could see 5 gallon size containers marked MSG in front of the Chinese eateries, OTOH it did not mean that much back in the 80s an 90s as a recollect.

If I said I have stopped worrying about sodium? And have started using some to season food to taste.

Here's hoping that magic happens
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2018
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I am starting spring cleaning today. I know it is a little late. It is a gloomy day, so I decided since I have 2 days off from work I would deep clean the house.
    Vix-I was ache yesterday and had to take 2 Ibuprofen. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with it? Our forecast seem to be the same as yours.
    Hi Roger and Irene.
    Back to cleaning, have a wonderful day. :)

Hi Joanne
    Hmm... Spring Cleaning... I preemptively took a a couple of aspirin with the Food I eat before I walk as yesterday my knees were somewhat sore and I had some minor pain in the joints of my hands. I blame the weather, Why not, it is as good an excuse as any :smiley:

I would say enjoy the cleaning but it is cleaning :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Sunday Morning, Wow Roger and Jo congrats on your find. Jo I was wondering do they put cones on cats so they don't lick there sores? Vix I think the weather does affect our body. they care everyone. oh I had Chinese food last night and what I had was steamed veggies and brown rice of course with soy sauce so today I can't get enough water so I guess I should of stayed away from the soy sauce.
    Hi Irene
    I love Chinese Food, However it is somewhat fattening depending on what You order.

I have found that in my case it is not the sodium, as I get very thirsty and retain water even if I eat plain white rice. I have been know to melt some butter into it, I am fairly sure that butter will not have that effect. To combat the if it is there with the Chinese rice side I tell them hold the rice when I remember to tell them that. The Beef Chow Mein is pretty tasty and being lots of Vegetables I believe it is OK now and then.

I believe that all the sauces have some Soy sauce in them FWIW.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we went for our 1 hr walk and then I did 30 minute dvd My plans for today is to go and ordered our storm door it is for the front door. The last time it was replaced was 20 years ago so it is time for a new one. We got 2 big closets cleaned yesterday so I have more for the vets well take care
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor in a couple of minutes

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 80 degrees and It was not comfortable even when the breeze blew. There is rain and thunderstorms in the forecast for later today.

https://www.sfgate.com/local/article/sf-dmv-wait-time-hellish-nightmare-real-id-13075871.php
    The SF DMV is somehow the worst it's ever been, visitors say
    I will say that is one area NJ has them beat. I spent around 15 minutes renewing my Registration and I could have done it by mail if I had chosen to do that.

http://www.wnd.com/2018/07/is-this-a-political-ad-facebook-thinks-so/
    Is this a political ad? Facebook thinks so
    Gospel praise song blocked by social-media censors

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rolls-royce-plans-off-flying-taxi-market-120417550--finance.html
    Rolls-Royce plans for take-off in flying taxi market

https://nypost.com/2018/07/14/dont-be-surprised-by-fast-foods-bait-and-switch/
    Don’t be surprised by fast food’s bait-and-switch

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-space-tourist-flights-could-come-2019-064622743.html
    First space tourist flights could come in 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jul/15/stanley-kubrick-lost-screenplay-burning-secret-found
    Lost Stanley Kubrick screenplay, Burning Secret, is found 60 years on\

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/07/14/high-tech-mirror-points-flaws-should-come-mental-health-warning/
    High-tech mirror that points out all your flaws should come with a mental health warning

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, we went for our 1 hr walk and then I did 30 minute dvd My plans for today is to go and ordered our storm door it is for the front door. The last time it was replaced was 20 years ago so it is time for a new one. We got 2 big closets cleaned yesterday so I have more for the vets well take care
    Hi Irene
    All we did was replace the Glass in the storm door on the front porch being frugal :smiley:

Congratulations on the walking and closets being donated to the vets.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Going to stained glass and clay today, but will be leaving clay early to see a spine and pain doc.
    Irene, good work cleaning out closets. :)
    Roger, good that you're keeping up your walking. Today's forecast here is high of 89 with scattered t-storms throughout the day.
    Hi Jo, I've been trying not to sit so much too. Went to TJMaxx yesterday, just to get out. Got some new hand towels, ours are starting to tatter.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone.:)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    Good morning.
    Going to stained glass and clay today, but will be leaving clay early to see a spine and pain doc.
    Irene, good work cleaning out closets. :)
    Roger, good that you're keeping up your walking. Today's forecast here is high of 89 with scattered t-storms throughout the day.
    Hi Jo, I've been trying not to sit so much too. Went to TJMaxx yesterday, just to get out. Got some new hand towels, ours are starting to tatter.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone.:)
    Hi Vix
    Not a great forecast here either :(

I need to order a couple of pillows for the bed, The ones I'm using are getting old. Interesting that You mentioned hand towels, Our hand towels are not getting frayed so much as Worn thin :smiley:

Enjoy Your Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, Well we actually slept in to 5am we all were tired so I walked Annie myself only did about 35 minutes too hot outside for her to be walking. I did come home and did 45 minute dvd the one we use to get with ns Leslie really wore me out. What's nice about this dvd it also did floor exercises . Well my plans is to clean more closets or maybe start on the basement vets pick up next Monday so the more I can get rid of the better . take care everyone Vix good luck at the spine and pain dr