Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Joanne
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Maryland is 8th in wedding costs. My son and his fiance have narrowed it down to 2 places. I think the future in-laws need to check out the 2nd one and then decide. I remember when we were looking at places for my daughter's wedding, there was a wide range of options, barns to fancy hotels, golf clubs, wineries, etc. I think they'll keep it modest (like we did).
    Sunny with a high of 82 today. The morning is nice and cool. Have to go to an imaging center this morning....after that I'm free. I have a big bruise where I got the shots in my hip. The leg seems a little better, but I'm not ready for long walks yet.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Narrowing it down to places is good progress, Do those places provide everything including Cake and Music or ??

I wonder is keeping pressure on the shot location for a minute would have helped prevent the bruise, it does work when they draw blood in my case.

Great weather the last couple of days, Sadly the forecast is for another heat wave to see the month out as we head toward labor day.

ZnedkS.jpg

1VwnFX.png

Good Luck with the leg
    Roger
    good morning, well George did go to work and he is feeling better. We did a nice hour walk this morning it was a little chilly but it was good to walk in the cooler weather. my plans for today is the hospital and the food shopping take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    How nice that George recovered so quickly, I wish I did that.

Yesterday I could feel my fingers were cold believe it or not, today I remembered to wear light gloves when I went out the door. Currently I have the front door onto the porch open to get some nice cool air into the house.

Maybe the Grocery Store for me Sunday, My brother does the ShopRite run on Sunday since that is the start of the new sales from the weekly circular :smile:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning our walk this morning was nice I actually had a light jacket on it was like 52 this morning. George is still not 100 % his fever keeps coming back not sure why.no plans for today except mass tonight . Vix it is great they have an idea what they want . take care everyone hi jo and roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning.
    Partly cloudy with a high of 81 today. Cool so far this a.m.
    No plans for today.
    Roger, I'm not sure about the places (parents of the groom this time, not our call). In Maryland, the couple usually has to find their own music, flowers, and officiant, the places usually recommend vendors for a cake, and provide the catering. Lots of them have lists of recommendations.
    As far as the bruise, I do have some arnica cream I could put on it. Haha...I never think of it. Should do that now, it really helps them heal faster.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    More Humor shall be posted shortly so as not to trip the Spam Filter here

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 65 degrees, it was comfortable while walking due to the the great temperature and low humidity which is slightly higher today.
    When I headed out the door a walking appetite ran away and up the street across the neighbors yard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqlDtjnwyPA
    SNEAK PEAK: Documentary to reveal how they manipulate your searches; power to control info...
    An eye-opening documentary, The Creepy Line reveals the stunning degree to which society is manipulated by Google and Facebook and blows the lid off the remarkably subtle – hence powerful – manner in which they do it.

Surprise, Surprise, Not
    https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/venezuelas-nightmare-is-spreading-to-its-neighbors/
    Venezuela’s nightmare is spreading to its neighbors

Interesting
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-22/small-business-ownership-among-black-americans-jumps-400-one-year
    Small Business Ownership Among Black Americans Jumps 400% Since Trump's Election
    As black unemployment remains at historic lows, The number of small businesses owned by African Americans in the United States has exploded by 400% year-over-year, according to a survey of more than 2,600 small business owners and entrepreneurs by Guidant Financial.

https://apnews.com/1823e5cfb9224c32bd75d9e0c0e2dcec/Huge-wildfire-southwest-of-Berlin-sets-off-WWII-arms-blasts
    Huge wildfire southwest of Berlin sets off WWII arms blasts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/growing-marijuana-illegally-national-forests-ravaging-environment/
    People are growing marijuana illegally in national forests – and it's ravaging them

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-lifeexpectancy/life-expectancy-declines-seen-in-u-s-and-other-high-income-countries-idUSKCN1L723R
    Life expectancy declines seen in U.S. and other high-income countries

https://www.newswars.com/seismic-shocker-the-number-of-global-earthquakes-over-the-last-30-days-is-more-than-50-above-normal/
    Seismic Shocker: The Number Of Global Earthquakes Over The Last 30 Days Is More Than 50% Above Normal

https://www.csmonitor.com/Technology/2018/0823/As-Japan-s-farmers-age-drones-help-with-heavy-lifting
    As Japan's farmers age, drones help with heavy lifting

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    good morning our walk this morning was nice I actually had a light jacket on it was like 52 this morning. George is still not 100 % his fever keeps coming back not sure why.no plans for today except mass tonight . Vix it is great they have an idea what they want . take care everyone hi jo and roger
    Hi Irene
    Your Weather was cooler than here. The weather forecast is for rising humidity and higher overnight with higher Daytime temperatures.

I wonder if George is getting reinfected somewhere, Somehow or only because of not waiting long enough before getting going again.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Partly cloudy with a high of 81 today. Cool so far this a.m.
    No plans for today.
    Roger, I'm not sure about the places (parents of the groom this time, not our call). In Maryland, the couple usually has to find their own music, flowers, and officiant, the places usually recommend vendors for a cake, and provide the catering. Lots of them have lists of recommendations.
    As far as the bruise, I do have some arnica cream I could put on it. Haha...I never think of it. Should do that now, it really helps them heal faster.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    Understandable that the Brides side makes many of the decisions.

Good Luck with the Bruise, when I get one it takes a while to go away :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope George is feeling better. Not good that it came back.
    Roger, again the headlines are more than enough.
    Hi Jo.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Just caught with everyone.
    Vix-I hope your bruising goes away quickly. Is the injection site sore also? What part of Maine are you going to?
    Irene-I hope George is feeling better.
    Roger-the weather here has been great, very little humidity. I have had all the windows open for the last few days.
    I went for my 2nd Shingles shot and also got a flu shot. I didn't sleep well that night. My arm was sore and I woke up achy all over. I went to work for only 4 hours and came home. I stayed home the next day. Friday I was fine and went to work. Friday night I wasn't feeling well again, this time stomach problems. I went to work on Saturday but left early. Today I am fine. At first I thought it was from the shots, but now I think I may have picked up a bug.
    Today is a lazy day, not much planned.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, it was awesome walking this morning the weather has been great. Jo hope you are feeling better. What ever George had is gone and he is feeling better.take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor, Enjoy, Smart Dog FWIW

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 73 degrees, it was not comfortable while walking due to the higher temperature and increased humidity which is slightly higher today.

Not a Surprise to me
    https://www.wral.com/money-really-does-lead-to-a-more-satisfying-life/17793260/
    Money Really Does Lead to a More Satisfying Life

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-sparkes-blind-veteran-rowing-from-california-to-hawaii-prepares-to-ride-out-hurricane-lane/
    Blind veteran rowing from California to Hawaii prepares to ride out hurricane
    Stroke by stroke, it's a grueling, 2,400 mile race from Monterey, California, to Hawaii. It's a challenge for anyone, but imagine doing it without being able to see.
    "A sighted person can see the rolling waves coming at you so you can predict the rolling of the boat, I can't," said Steve Sparkes, who is legally blind.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/eastern-shore/bs-md-oc-sea-lice-20180823-story.html
    Sea lice outbreak causes discomfort in Ocean City

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/local/highschool/football-participation-declines-for-the-second-consecutive-year-nationally/article_65d9d993-2fa9-5059-803f-b4879401fcd4.html
    Football participation declines for the second consecutive year nationally

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Ebola-outbreak-now-at-105-cases-and-bordering-13181274.php
    Ebola outbreak now at 105 cases, and bordering countries are on alert

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/A-man-thought-female-drivers-are-incompetent-13182402.php
    A man thought female drivers are 'incompetent' - so he shot them, police say
    Kristine Phillips, The Washington Post

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope George is feeling better. Not good that it came back.
    Roger, again the headlines are more than enough.
    Hi Jo.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
    Hi Vix
    In some cases so true. Some could be disturbing and some could be interesting, I feel like we should see things not covered by the Networks and Newspaper OTOH.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Just caught with everyone.
    Vix-I hope your bruising goes away quickly. Is the injection site sore also? What part of Maine are you going to?
    Irene-I hope George is feeling better.
    Roger-the weather here has been great, very little humidity. I have had all the windows open for the last few days.
    I went for my 2nd Shingles shot and also got a flu shot. I didn't sleep well that night. My arm was sore and I woke up achy all over. I went to work for only 4 hours and came home. I stayed home the next day. Friday I was fine and went to work. Friday night I wasn't feeling well again, this time stomach problems. I went to work on Saturday but left early. Today I am fine. At first I thought it was from the shots, but now I think I may have picked up a bug.
    Today is a lazy day, not much planned.
    Have a great day! :)
    Hi Joanne
    I'm sorry to hear that You have been feeling bad, Working retail makes it easy to catch whatever is going around. When I was working retail I would have people come in that were to sick to work, not to sick to go into a store and give those deep raspy coughs however :(

Flu Shots are out already ? I'm thinking I should go get my free shot, Medicare :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, it was awesome walking this morning the weather has been great. Jo hope you are feeling better. What ever George had is gone and he is feeling better.take care everyone
    Hi Irene
    I agree we had three great days of walking weather, Sadly as I see it the entire week is not looking that good, Higher Overnight and Daytime temperatures as well as increased humidity. I returned home covered in sweat from this mornings walk so I shortened it from what I have been doing the last few days.

Good News that George is feeling better
    Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited August 2018
    Good morning.
    Roger, I never heard of sea lice before. But then I'm not a lover of swimming in the ocean. Sounds awful.
    Jo, sorry you haven't been feeling well. I didn't know there was a 2nd shingles shot...I thought it was one and done. My injection site is a little sore. We are flying into Portland, Me and driving to Bar Harbor (Acadia National Park). The weather has been pretty nice here too.
    Irene, glad George is feeling better. It is nice that the weather is cooling off at night and in the mornings.
    Another Monday, have a good week, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Thank you all. I am feeling much better.
    Vix-There is a new improved shingles shot. It is given in 2 parts and is supposed to be good for the rest of your life. It is so beautiful in Bar Harbor. We went a few years ago.
    Roger-I have never heard of sea lice either. I have not been swimming in the ocean for over a decade.
    Irene-I am glad George is feeling better.
    I got out early and cleaned the bird baths before the heat of the day. My daughter and I went for a walk yesterday, but cut it short due to the humidity. She came over and cooked us lunch yesterday. She is vegetarian, so we had burgers, called beyond meat. It is a plant based product. They were not bad and reminded me of the NS burgers that came in the pouch.
    Hot and humid in the forecast for the next week or so. I don't think I will be spending too much time outside.
    Have a great week.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning all, well we did our regular walk and then I went to Trenton mowed the yawn took George's truck in to get the air bags fixed we had a recall on them so now we are good. I am back home and going to take the rest of the day off. Vix we were in Bar-Harbor on our honeymoon it was awesome well everyone take care
  • RogerToo
    I will be posting more humor in a minute or two

Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 78 degrees,Yesterday at 10PM it was still 86 degrees, it was not comfortable while walking due to the higher temperature and increased humidity which is higher today.

Not a Surprise to me
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/725636/notting-hill-carnival-london-acid-attack-barricades-homes-shops
    Lawless London: Worried residents building BARRICADES around their homes
    HOMEOWNERS in London are building massive barriers around their homes ahead of the Notting Hill Carnival tomorrow.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/08/24/640511068/fad-or-the-future-robot-made-burgers-wow-the-crowds-in-san-francisco
    Fad Or The Future? Robot-Made Burgers Wow The Crowds In San Francisco

https://nypost.com/2018/08/24/wolves-are-helping-war-vets-deal-with-ptsd/
    Wolves are helping war vets deal with PTSD

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/motor/2018/08/24/eli-lilly-pulls-sponsorship-conor-daly-nascar-ride-road-america-racial-slur-derek-daly/1089166002/
    Conor Daly's Lilly sponsorship decals removed because of father's use of racial slur in 1980s
    Conor’s father, Derek Daly, on Thursday admitted he had used a racial slur in a live radio interview in the early 1980s. Connor Daly was born in 1991.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Roger, I never heard of sea lice before. But then I'm not a lover of swimming in the ocean. Sounds awful.
    Jo, sorry you haven't been feeling well. I didn't know there was a 2nd shingles shot...I thought it was one and done. My injection site is a little sore. We are flying into Portland, Me and driving to Bar Harbor (Acadia National Park). The weather has been pretty nice here too.
    Irene, glad George is feeling better. It is nice that the weather is cooling off at night and in the mornings.
    Another Monday, have a good week, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    This year is the first time I have heard of Sea Lice too. The last time I swam in the ocean, Well waded TBH was many years ago.

Lucky You, This morning was miserable outside when walking. I turned on the AC in the wall before I left to cool off the room and give me a way to cool off quicker on my return.

Hopefully the injection site becomes painless quickly.

Enjoy the Vacation
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Thank you all. I am feeling much better.
    Vix-There is a new improved shingles shot. It is given in 2 parts and is supposed to be good for the rest of your life. It is so beautiful in Bar Harbor. We went a few years ago.
    Roger-I have never heard of sea lice either. I have not been swimming in the ocean for over a decade.
    Irene-I am glad George is feeling better.
    I got out early and cleaned the bird baths before the heat of the day. My daughter and I went for a walk yesterday, but cut it short due to the humidity. She came over and cooked us lunch yesterday. She is vegetarian, so we had burgers, called beyond meat. It is a plant based product. They were not bad and reminded me of the NS burgers that came in the pouch.
    Hot and humid in the forecast for the next week or so. I don't think I will be spending too much time outside.
    Have a great week.
    Hi Joanne
    That sounds like a Vaccine for Shingles ?

That makes sense to me. My Brother plans to Mow the lawn today, I'm hoping the Heat and Humidity doesn't make him fall of his perch :wink: I cut my walk short today and likely tomorrow to.

Is that the NS Burger shown here ?
    https://www.nutrisystem.com/diet-nutrition/4198/dinner/356/hickory+smoke+flavored+beef+patty
    Hickory Smoke Flavored Beef Patty
    IMO these are terrible.
    The Hamburger that comes with bun as a lunch entree is tasty and can be made into so many different variants.

That sounds like a plan to me, I plan to stay inside as much as possible
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning all, well we did our regular walk and then I went to Trenton mowed the yawn took George's truck in to get the air bags fixed we had a recall on them so now we are good. I am back home and going to take the rest of the day off. Vix we were in Bar-Harbor on our honeymoon it was awesome well everyone take care
    Hi Irene
    Congratulations on getting Your regular walk with the weather Monday.

You got caught up in the air bag recall, Hmm I suppose I might should check if the 1999 Buick Century is on that list too. OTOH it might be old enough not to need a recall.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    A little heat wave for the next few days. Off to classes today. Running late.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we only did a short walk this morning it was way too hot. No plans for today I think I will be spending the day in the pool I already put the heater on the pool. It is nice not having any plans. Well George's truck is finally done it has taken awhile to get it fixed. I am so glad I mowed the yawn yesterday before it got too hot take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We are in for a hot one today. I will be going from my AC house to my AC car, to AC at work.
    No outdoor activity for me today.
    Irene-Enjoy the pool.
    Hi Roger and Vix.
    Stay cool. :)