Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    good morning, had a nice morning went for our walk and then we went for breakfast I had the western omelet it was ok I think I like the farmers better. take care everyone and have a nice Sunday.
    Good Morning Irene
    Just curious here, what is the difference between them, I would have though that Farmers as a variation of the Western ?
    good morning, the rain this morning waited until our walk was over but then it poured and a pretty bad storm with lighting some people here in the mills lost power but we were ok. Jo I love Clark shoes sorry you found a pair that won't work for you. My plans for today is Drs apt and then get my nails done. Then this afternoon we are having ac repair guy over we aren't getting any cool air so we need to get this fixed. take care everyone
    Lucky You, here the rain started Sunday Evening and went through the early morning. Around 7AM I noticed it had ceased and now I'm seeing clouds and blue sky.

Hopefully the AC is a simple fix, possibly find a Freon leak and then a quick recharge.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Kind of dreary and drizzly out so far today. No special plans...my leg has been really acting up this week. Will do some laundry and want to get out for a while. I need some birthday cards, and some presents. I'll probably try to get on the eliptical a bit too. For some reason, that is easier on me than regular walking.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I'm sorry to hear that Your leg is bothering You, Hopefully the new week will be better.
    The elliptical must be using different muscles or Maybe You are getting some support from the handles ?

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Today is a holiday for us, Patriot's Day. It is also the Boston Marathon.
    I found a penny on Saturday and Sunday.
    My daughter and I went for a walk in the Arnold Arboretum. It was early, so it was nice and quiet and very pretty with the magnolia and dogwood trees starting to flower. It got up to 70 degrees. Today is 62 and raining.
    Vix-Babies can be tiring, but there is nothing like baby cuddles.
    Irene-that is a great price for taking down that many trees.
    Roger-I will try to remember to check out the price of butterbeans when I go to the store today.
    I usually shop at Stop and Shop, but as they are on strike, I will not cross the picket line.
    I went to Big Y to do my shopping on Saturday. I couldn't find a lot of items that I usually buy.
    So today I am going to another store to see if I can get those items.
    I also have to return a pair of shoes that I ordered. They are Clarks, like I usually wear, but a different style. I found after wearing them for a little while that the balls of my feet hurt. I will stick to the ones I usually wear.
    Have a great day! :)
    Hello Joanne
    Patriots Day and the Marathon, That sounds like a good reason to stay away from that area.

Thank You for the pricing offer, I did see that Stop & Shop workers were on strike, It is a non event to me as I do not shop there around here there are cheaper grocery stores to shop in.

I buy the same brand and model of shoe to prevent problems like that. If the maker drops that model then I will have to experiment to find one that works. Does Clarks take them back after they have been worn ?

Good Going finding money
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    Beautifullly sunny, but cool and very windy here. We had t-storm warnings and a tornado watch last night, but luckily none of that happened.
    I went for a massage this a.m., and made an appt to check in with my GP this afternoon, then will take some family time.
    I bought a pair of Clark's sandals last year that felt really great in the store, but they get uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Didn't realize that until I wore them several times, so I kept them. Best shoes I bought this year were my hiking boots...they are totally comfortable.
    haha, but would not walk a marathon in them! Enjoy your holiday, Jo!
    Happy new week, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor will be posted shortly

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking thus not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 41 Degrees. I did not go walking due to only dozing overnight, I am still having some stomach pain and that kept me from sleeping, not from lack of trying either. I will be going to try again in a little while. Yesterday's Breakfast did not help nor did it seem to hurt.

Not sure I agree
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sun-men/8860464/men-beards-germs-dogs-bacteria/
    FEELING RUFF Men with beards carry more germs than dogs including deadly bacteria in facial fuzz, study claims
    Professor Andreas Gutzeit said the study showed hounds were 'clean compared with bearded men'

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201904151074134837-exodus-evidence-revealed/
    ‘Mind-Blowing’ Evidence of Moses’ Journey From Egypt to Saudi Arabia REVEALED

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Beautifullly sunny, but cool and very windy here. We had t-storm warnings and a tornado watch last night, but luckily none of that happened.
    I went for a massage this a.m., and made an appt to check in with my GP this afternoon, then will take some family time.
    I bought a pair of Clark's sandals last year that felt really great in the store, but they get uncomfortable after a couple of hours. Didn't realize that until I wore them several times, so I kept them. Best shoes I bought this year were my hiking boots...they are totally comfortable.
    haha, but would not walk a marathon in them! Enjoy your holiday, Jo!
    Happy new week, everyone.
    Hello Vix
    It was windy here too, The rain left and returned several times throughout the day.

I would not do a marathon no matter what the boots or shoes are.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hello Irene

Hello Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, we had a nice walk it was only like 42 degrees when we walked this morning. I had the repair guy over to fix the ac a small part wore out so glad it was a cheaper item it was a capacitor so now it is working again and of course it is colder now but that's ok because it will be getting warmer. My plans today is going to Costco and not sure where else take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Stained glass and clay today. Finished one of my chickadees that I'm making for the holidays...starting now so I can finish well in advance of December! Working on 2 platters in clay group. Went for a walk with my daughter and grandson around the neighborhood. It was nice, but my hip is still bothering me some. It is a beautiful sunny day, and happy I could get out.
    Glad I have no obligations for tomorrow!
    Happy Tuesday. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Roger-I hope you are feeling better.
    Irene-Glad you got your AC fixed, now you are all set for the warmer weather. It as actually chilly here yesterday.
    Vix-sorry your hip is still bothering you.
    I found a penny yesterday. Today is my day off. I am going to Kohl's to see if I can find some pants for work. We have to wear black pants. I tried Walmart and they only have skinny pants.
    I want something comfortable, not skin tight.
    Have a wonderful day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Humor was recently posted

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking being exhausted from not sleeping. The Temperature out the door was 53 Degrees. There is chance of rain in the forecast for today through Saturday

I have reluctantly called the doctors and have a appointment for 10:30 AM today, Wish me luck.

I got both the Frozen and Ready To Go NS foods delivered yesterday. So far I have checked in the frozen and it has two items short. Hopefully I will get the RTG foods checked in today which I want to do before calling in the shorts. They also substituted for one of the low inventory breakfast items. I now have 13 Breakfast omelets even though I had only ordered 7.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/15/malls-see-tsunami-of-store-closures-as-foot-traffic-declines-further.html
    Offering shoppers new experiences isn’t helping as malls see tsunami of store closures, falling traffic
    according to a new report from data analytics firm Thasos, which uses more than 100 million mobile phones to track when consumers enter and leave certain trade areas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6923151/Gulf-Thailand-dog-rescued-oil-rig-worker-swimming-135-MILES-coast.html
    Dog is rescued after it's found swimming 135 MILES out at sea: Oil rig workers pluck pooch from Gulf of Thailand - and have no idea how it got there

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/half-of-pastors-say-they-worry-about-speaking-out-on-social-issues-offending-people
    Half of pastors say they worry about speaking out on hot-button issues, offending people

Have a Nice Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, we had a nice walk it was only like 42 degrees when we walked this morning. I had the repair guy over to fix the ac a small part wore out so glad it was a cheaper item it was a capacitor so now it is working again and of course it is colder now but that's ok because it will be getting warmer. My plans today is going to Costco and not sure where else take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    I wish I felt able to go walking :( The lack of energy tied to the lack of sleep is the culprit.

You were lucky that it was a cheap fix. So of course You don't need it :wink:

Hope You had a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Stained glass and clay today. Finished one of my chickadees that I'm making for the holidays...starting now so I can finish well in advance of December! Working on 2 platters in clay group. Went for a walk with my daughter and grandson around the neighborhood. It was nice, but my hip is still bothering me some. It is a beautiful sunny day, and happy I could get out.
    Glad I have no obligations for tomorrow!
    Happy Tuesday. :)
    Hello Vix
    Interesting idea doing Chickadees. Will the platters be for home use or gifts, just curious.

I hope Your hip gets better quickly.

At least the Day was enjoyable.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Roger-I hope you are feeling better.
    Irene-Glad you got your AC fixed, now you are all set for the warmer weather. It as actually chilly here yesterday.
    Vix-sorry your hip is still bothering you.
    I found a penny yesterday. Today is my day off. I am going to Kohl's to see if I can find some pants for work. We have to wear black pants. I tried Walmart and they only have skinny pants.
    I want something comfortable, not skin tight.
    Have a wonderful day! :)
    Hello Joanne
    I wish I was feeling better, Wish me luck at the doctors later today.

I have heard of circulation problems from Skinny pants that were to tight.

Congratulations on Your find.
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, roger you are not feeling any better. vix hope your hip is better today. Jo good luck on finding pants that aren't skinny pants. today I have pt and then the hospital I would of liked to stay home . on my second walk yesterday I found a penny take care everyone
  • eku0
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, sorry you aren't sleeping well, nor feeling well....good luck at the Dr., hope there is an easy fix.
    I am making the platters for my future daughter-in-laws bridal shower...trying to find a nice pink glaze...you never know what color they come out after firing!
    Good that you're keeping up with your pt, Irene. Nice that you got your AC fixed, and not expensive. We had ours checked out too...good thing, mice had eaten through some wire outside, so that's been replaced, also not too costly.
    Jo, have fun buying new pants. Most of the skinny ones are stretchy, but I like having breathing room in mine too. I always feel a little funny in the skinny ones and compensate by wearing tunic tops with them. Enjoy your day off.
    Today is supposed to be mostly cloudy here, but up to 65 degrees, so that's pretty nice. Happy Wednedsday, everyone. :)

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I found a dime this morning on our walk. We had a nice walk it was in the 50s this morning it is suppose to get up to 73 today. Today I am going to get a trim my hair has grown. Roger I hope you are feeling better .hi vix and jo
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Went to painting class this a.m. Spent the time rearranging and hanging pictures, and I found some small frames I was looking for. Daughter and grandson came over this afternoon and spent some fun time with them. Nice day.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Roger, are you ok? Hope everything's alright....how was the Dr. visit?
    Wishing everyone a good Friday.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, hope everyone is having a good Friday, we went to mass last night with it being holly Thursday we always enjoy that mass even though it is sad take care everyone roger hope you are ok
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Worried about Roger....haven't heard from you in a few days....hope you're ok. Rest up, feel better.