Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Thanks. Off to my daughter's in a few minutes.
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I shall be posting Humor Shortly

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 50 Degrees. There was a breeze when I headed out the door that ended before I returned home.
    The rain in the forecast is for Friday night into Saturday followed by Rain Sunday night into Monday. That has changed once again back to what they forecasting earlier in the week.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/travel/sc-trav-weekend-in-chernobyl-0416-story.html
    Decades after nuclear disaster, tourism is booming in Chernobyl

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/cars-data-privacy
    Your car is watching you. Who owns the data?
    Computers on wheels raise thorny questions about data privacy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/10/fukushima-disaster-first-residents-return-to-town-next-to-nuclear-plant
    Fukushima disaster: first residents return to town next to nuclear plant
    Parts of Okuma are open for business once again, but only a few hundred former residents have moved home.

https://news.yahoo.com/flight-shame-swedes-rethinking-air-travel-032414475.html
    'Flight shame' has Swedes rethinking air travel

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/entitled-gen-z-workers-want-raises-promotions-just-for-showing-up/
    Entitled Gen Z workers want raises, promotions just for showing up

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/tiny-indiana-town-with-population-of-3-for-sale/
    Tiny Indiana town with population of 3 is for sale

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/charges-dropped-against-pet-owner-because-law-doesnt-protect-fish/
    Charges dropped against pet owner because law doesn’t protect fish

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, hey jo I believe finding the money while cleaning counts. Nice walk this morning it was a little chilly. We got a good price 8 trees very large trees for 3300.00 so we are happy with the price that is taking all the roots and all stumps . we will have so much less leaves. take care everyone I have pt at 8am
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Vix-Sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Irene-Glad the PT is helping and good luck with your car. I hope you get a good price on taking the trees down.
    Roger-I find myself sitting a lot when I am home. I am better off getting out of the house.
    My tire is all fixed. I didn't do too much driving, because I only had what my husband calls the donut tire on my car. It is advised not to drive over 50 mph on that tire.
    I found a quarter this morning. Does it count if I found it under my husband's dresser when I was mopping the floor. ;)
    Have a good day! :)
    Good Morning Joanne
    I never liked those Donut tires, Limited speeds and limited distance as well as the fact that they will have a impact on the vehicles handling.

I personally think it counts. Just like a couple of years ago when I found money in the driveway. That likely ended up there when Either myself or my brother were getting the car keys out of our pockets :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Thanks. Off to my daughter's in a few minutes.
    Have a great day, everyone.
    Good Morning Vix
    I do not have much to say beyond what I said in my Daily walking report with news links. Decisions, Decisions, When to cook the Holiday Ham, Saturday or Sunday we are not that tied to the calendar here. Either way there will be plenty of leftovers.

My latest NS order processed at 6PM last night. I hope that the two Breakfast items, the Dinner Item and the two Snack items that all show low inventory are in the order, Wish me luck

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, hey jo I believe finding the money while cleaning counts. Nice walk this morning it was a little chilly. We got a good price 8 trees very large trees for 3300.00 so we are happy with the price that is taking all the roots and all stumps . we will have so much less leaves. take care everyone I have pt at 8am
    Good Morning Irene
    I also feel that found money is found money even if You remember dropping it in the past.

I ended up putting the hood up due to the breeze Other than that it was a nice walk.

That sounds like a good price since that includes Cutting down the trees, removing the stumps and roots, Well Done.

Less maintenance in the yard is always a plus, We have to rake leaves each fall even though there are no trees in the yard, Only next door and across the street have trees.

If I thought I could convince my Brother I would go for some sort no maintenance needed front yard.

Good Luck at the PT
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    That is a good price, Irene.
    Jo, I was babysitting while my daughter and son-in-law went to the funeral. So I spent a lot of quality time with the little one. I'm not used to handling a baby on my own for that long anymore, it was good (but tiring), and my daughter got to be with her friend when really needed. hmm...don't like the donut tires either.
    Roger, it would be nice if I could go back on NS...there are too many things in processed food that I'm not supposed to have (like soy, gluten, nightshades, and chemicals). But, it's really hard to find a diet that works for losing weight on my own. Good luck with your NS order. :smile:
    We have an appt with the 2nd florist this afternoon...that should be fun. Need to get some exercise in this a.m. and maybe some grocery shopping (we're out of salad ingredients!)
    Happy Friday everyone.
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2019
    Options
    More humor Shortly

Hi
    I'm home and feeling tired and taking into consideration the weather I did not go walking and Therefore not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 62 Degrees. The rain in the forecast is for Friday night into Saturday has happened and currently the rain has ceased a short while ago, however the 6AM Weather Radar shows that there is more rain to the west moving this way.

A question if I may, My brother is complaining about the price of Canned Butter Beans, So I was wondering what they cost elsewhere if I am not imposing.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019/04/10/coffee-shop-criminals-computers/
    Coffee Shop Criminals Strike Again, Grabbing Computers From Patrons

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/why-do-we-need-sleep-israeli-scientists-solve-the-mystery-1.6995426
    Why Do We Need Sleep? Israeli Scientists Solve the Mystery
    Groundbreaking research shows that when a zebrafish sleeps, so do its nerve cells – freeing them to focus on repairing their DNA

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/04/millennials-talking-strange-things-happen-at-the-masters-where-cell-phones-are-banned.html
    Millennials talking? Strange things happen at the Masters where cell phones are banned

The Phrase "Man's Best Friend" originated in a court of law. Back in October 28, 1869, A man's dog (named old drum), was shot to death by a neighbor. Animals had no rights back in those days, but the man wanted justice and so he hired 3 lawyers to sue the man who shot his dog. One of these lawyers, named George Graham Vest, is given credit for originally coining the phrase "Man's Best Friend" during his final summation to the jury. By the time he was finished with his speech, the jury only took 2 minutes to reach a verdict. The jury awarded the victim $5 (a very large amount of money back then). The jury also wanted the man to be sent to prison, but there were no laws governing this type of incident back then so the judge was not able to honor the jury's request for prison time.

This is a record of the final summation given by the lawyer...

Gentlemen of the Jury

The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son and daughter that he had reared with loving care may become ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him when he may need it most. Man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees and do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our head. The only absolutely unselfish friend a man may have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of a pauper as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert... he remains.

When riches take wings and reputations fall to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his grave side will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.[/b]

Have a Nice Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    That is a good price, Irene.
    Jo, I was babysitting while my daughter and son-in-law went to the funeral. So I spent a lot of quality time with the little one. I'm not used to handling a baby on my own for that long anymore, it was good (but tiring), and my daughter got to be with her friend when really needed. hmm...don't like the donut tires either.
    Roger, it would be nice if I could go back on NS...there are too many things in processed food that I'm not supposed to have (like soy, gluten, nightshades, and chemicals). But, it's really hard to find a diet that works for losing weight on my own. Good luck with your NS order. :smile:
    We have an appt with the 2nd florist this afternoon...that should be fun. Need to get some exercise in this a.m. and maybe some grocery shopping (we're out of salad ingredients!)
    Happy Friday everyone.
    Good Morning Vix
    It may have been Tiring but I am also sure You enjoyed it.

Donut tires were (are ?) one of the worst ideas to come out of the automakers, I suspect they were used to make a smallish trunk look bigger and likely were cheaper too.

I hope the order comes through OK, I just did a quick check in my email client, Thunderbird and NS is not showing shipped and that is OK too, It will let me use up some more of the foods on hand, especially the Lunches and Snacks.

Salad Ingredients... For me those are simple, a head of iceberg Lettuce and some Salad Dressing :smiley: The alternative is the ready to use mixed salad ingredients when they are on sale at a reasonable price :smiley:

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger

Good Morning Irene and Joanne

Did You go walking in the rain Irene ?
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, yes roger we walked in the rain but only did a short walk, on our way back home it stopped raining. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Went to Home Depot this a.m. Hubs wants to build some shelves in the garage, and wanted to look at what types are available.
    Roger, I did enjoy watching the baby. Nothing like baby hugs!
    I vary my salads. I generally don't use iceberg lettuce. Right now I bought organic spinach, some cabbage, olives, avocado, garbanzo beans, and zucchini. I make my own dressings with herbs, vinegar and oil.
    Good for keeping up the walking, Irene.
    Hi Jo!
    It was very foggy this a.m., but cleared up to be a beautiful sunny day!
    Enjoy your Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor was posted, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 58 Degrees.

From what I just watched in the local weather forecast it appears that we have a 100% chance of rain for today and Monday. Then two days of no rain followed by two days indicating rain :(

I will not say it was hot yesterday but when the Living Room hit 79 degrees I turned on the the Wall Mounted AC.

Fifty communal toilets where slaves and workers could chat go on display as Nero's palace opens to the public

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/evangelical-group-us-volunteers-detained-laos-62375595
    Holy Stairs, believed to have been climbed by Jesus prior to crucifixion, unveiled in Rome
    After over a year of restoration, the 28 marble steps were unveiled Thursday.

As it Should.
    https://apnews.com/98613f20d0254b8bacd908ef12107fef
    As cashless stores grow, so does the backlash

https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/nyc-tech-commissioner-left-atlanta-job-shortly-before-crippling-cyber-attack/
    NYC tech commissioner left Atlanta job shortly before crippling cyberattack

https://www.apnews.com/082ab3d8f16d4360bf9ade45c41925f8
    S. Korean babies born Dec. 31 become 2-year-olds next day

Could be or maybe not, You decide
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/11/the-no-1-reason-you-cant-stay-healthy/
    The No. 1 reason you can’t stay healthy

Hows that ? Actually interesting
    https://nypost.com/2019/04/12/florida-man-arrested-after-aggressively-eating-handfuls-of-pasta/
    Florida man arrested after aggressively eating handfuls of pasta

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, yes roger we walked in the rain but only did a short walk, on our way back home it stopped raining. take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    The rain did end in the morning, then I looked at the Local News weather radar showing more moving in a decided to heck with it.

I may decide not to walk tomorrow too, They are saying torrential rain with a possibility of Lightning. I have enough coffee leftover from this mornings walk I could just stay home.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Went to Home Depot this a.m. Hubs wants to build some shelves in the garage, and wanted to look at what types are available.
    Roger, I did enjoy watching the baby. Nothing like baby hugs!
    I vary my salads. I generally don't use iceberg lettuce. Right now I bought organic spinach, some cabbage, olives, avocado, garbanzo beans, and zucchini. I make my own dressings with herbs, vinegar and oil.
    Good for keeping up the walking, Irene.
    Hi Jo!
    It was very foggy this a.m., but cleared up to be a beautiful sunny day!
    Enjoy your Saturday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    Weird weather here, When I left to go walking I just put the reflective vest on over my Pocket T-Shirt, I wear Pocket Ts as the pocket is where I stash my iPod while walking. When I left and returned to the house it was clear out, Now a moderately heavy Fog has moved in. Oh well better now than when I was outside.

My brother and I have different tastes too, I can eat Iceberg Lettuce without any toppings and enjoy it, He prefers Romaine Lettuce. He often makes his own Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
    I like Garbanzos and he hates them, Hard to believe we were raised by the same parents sometimes given the differences in tastes.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Missing Link from my links post

https://news.yahoo.com/fifty-communal-toilets-where-slaves-114152784.html
    Fifty communal toilets where slaves and workers could chat go on display as Nero's palace opens to the public
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, had a nice morning went for our walk and then we went for breakfast I had the western omelet it was ok I think I like the farmers better. take care everyone and have a nice Sunday.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Kind of dreary and drizzly out so far today. No special plans...my leg has been really acting up this week. Will do some laundry and want to get out for a while. I need some birthday cards, and some presents. I'll probably try to get on the eliptical a bit too. For some reason, that is easier on me than regular walking.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Today is a holiday for us, Patriot's Day. It is also the Boston Marathon.
    I found a penny on Saturday and Sunday.
    My daughter and I went for a walk in the Arnold Arboretum. It was early, so it was nice and quiet and very pretty with the magnolia and dogwood trees starting to flower. It got up to 70 degrees. Today is 62 and raining.
    Vix-Babies can be tiring, but there is nothing like baby cuddles.
    Irene-that is a great price for taking down that many trees.
    Roger-I will try to remember to check out the price of butterbeans when I go to the store today.
    I usually shop at Stop and Shop, but as they are on strike, I will not cross the picket line.
    I went to Big Y to do my shopping on Saturday. I couldn't find a lot of items that I usually buy.
    So today I am going to another store to see if I can get those items.
    I also have to return a pair of shoes that I ordered. They are Clarks, like I usually wear, but a different style. I found after wearing them for a little while that the balls of my feet hurt. I will stick to the ones I usually wear.
    Have a great day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, the rain this morning waited until our walk was over but then it poured and a pretty bad storm with lighting some people here in the mills lost power but we were ok. Jo I love Clark shoes sorry you found a pair that won't work for you. My plans for today is Drs apt and then get my nails done. Then this afternoon we are having ac repair guy over we aren't getting any cool air so we need to get this fixed. take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm home and did not go walking thus not a single solitary cent was found. The Temperature outside is 60 Degrees. There was rain overnight with really heavy rain for around 25 minutes.
    I did not go walking due to not sleeping at all overnight, Something I ate yesterday is causing a lot of stomach pain and that kept me from sleeping, not from lack of trying either. I will be going to try again in a little while. I hope that Breakfast helps and does not make the pain worse, Wish me Luck

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-germany-politics-centenarian/making-a-splash-centenarian-runs-for-office-in-german-town-idUSKCN1RP06Q
    Making a splash: Centenarian runs for office in German town

I saw this on the news Saturday Night, a scary looking ride
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/04/12/rider-records-train-turbulence-nj-transit/
    Must See Video On NJ Transit: ‘Oh My God, I’m Going To Be In Another New Jersey Train Crash’

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/us/no-religion-largest-group-first-time-usa-trnd/index.html
    here are now as many Americans who claim no religion as there are evangelicals and Catholics, a survey finds

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-12/weakening-earths-magnetic-field-has-greatly-accelerated
    The Weakening Of Earth's Magnetic Field Has Greatly Accelerated

Not Interested
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6916747/Scientists-say-brains-connect-computers-decades-form-internet-thoughts.html
    Scientists say our brains will connect to computers within decades to form an 'internet of thoughts' that will provide instant access to information

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/13/business/stratolaunch-worlds-largest-plane/index.html
    The world's largest plane just flew for the first time
    After years of development in the desert north of Los Angeles, a gigantic, six-engined mega jet with the wingspan of an American football field flew Saturday morning for the first time

Have a Nice Monday
    Roger