Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Irene-congrats on finding a dollar.
    Roger-congrats on finding a quarter. You were both luckier than I. I only found a penny.
    Vix-Happy birthday to your son.
    We went to the gym this morning. We didn't go at all last week due to our schedules.
    Today I plan on trying on clothes. I brought 4 boxes down from the attic that I have been saving. I think it is time to go through them and donate the items that I don't want.
    It was so nice yesterday that I opened all the windows and aired out the house.
    Have a great day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I think You find more money that I do :smiley:
    The quarter was just sitting there when I looked over to the left as I was walking, I usually find what money I find in Parking lots or on the sidewalks in from of businesses.

Saturday was a great day here too. We donated a lot of clothes in the past trying to make the closets usable.

Congratulations on Donating
    Roger

Hi Vix
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, well today we went for a nice walk and then went out for breakfast . Annie seems to be leaving her paw alone so far we didn't have to put her cone on time will tell if we have to put the cone on. it is raining here now so it might be a day to spend inside take care everyone.
    Hi Irene
    I was out before the rain too, Sunday early on was nice walking weather.
    Today not so :(

Hopefully that means that Annie's paw is getting better.

Our rain was done by 2PM, Yours ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,124 Member
    Options
    hi all, we got in 2 walks yesterday ,we had rain in the morning but we did get another walk in later in the afternoon. Roger I think it is going to take awhile for her paw to heal. Jo great on donating . Roger the fire isn't near us . hi vix
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    I just finished going though all the boxes of clothes. I have 1 box to donate and 2 boxes went back into the attic. One with clothes that are too big and one that has clothes I hope to fit into soon.
    We had rain in the afternoon yesterday. It was a light rain. It is chilly here today, 34 degrees compared to yesterday's temp of 60.
    Today I am running a few errands and getting a pedicure.
    Have a great week. :)

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    Hi all...
    Been busy. Thanks...the brunch for my son was nice. I made a mediterranean frittata, and an oreo chocolate chip cheesecake...decadent. It was cold out today. Had a massage and spent some time with my daughter and grandson.
    Tomorrow will be busy too.
    Have a great night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More is already posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not one cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 33 degrees. Yesterdays breeze is gone and the walking was more comfortable than Monday's walk.

My brother got me yesterday, when he told me he had a winning lottery ticket for $500 I believed him, Then April Fools.

Today I am moderately busy, Bank, Grocery store, Dollar Store and send a problem report to Amazon. I ordered a 6 pack of A23 batteries. The padded envelope inside of the Amazon padded Envelope indicates 6 batteries and contained two 2 packs of the batteries for a shortage of 1/3 of the total. The A23 is a small 12 volt battery that fits the remote to control 3 remote power on and off switches.

Just wrong In My Opinion, Or just another ploy to get control of more money.
    https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/03/murphy-enacts-law-for-new-jersey-to-create-automatic-enrollment-retirement-plan-for-private-sector-workers.html
    Governor Murphy enacts law for New Jersey to create automatic enrollment retirement plan for private-sector workers
    The law requires employers with 25 or more employees to establish an automatic payroll deduction for their employees, who will be enrolled at 3 percent unless they opt out or choose a different contribution level.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/27206/the-russians-just-did-a-fly-by-of-area-51
    The Russians Just Did A Fly-By Of Area 51
    Russia's specially equipped Tu-154M Open Skies aircraft is doing a grand tour of America's most sensitive military installations out west.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/cow-toilets-in-netherlands-aim-to-cut-e-moo-ssions/ar-BBVqSMl
    'Cow toilets' in Netherlands aim to cut e-moo-ssions

https://www.timesofisrael.com/two-tiny-first-temple-inscriptions-vastly-enlarge-picture-of-ancient-jerusalem/
    Tiny First Temple find could be first proof of aide to biblical King Josiah
    Rare seal impression from 8th century BCE, bearing the name Nathan-Melech, found in dig at large Iron Age administrative center in Jerusalem’s City of David

https://apnews.com/1c1a52f6dca44861a6e1145c729198fa
    US man charged with trying to steal item from Auschwitz

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    hi all, we got in 2 walks yesterday ,we had rain in the morning but we did get another walk in later in the afternoon. Roger I think it is going to take awhile for her paw to heal. Jo great on donating . Roger the fire isn't near us . hi vix
    Hello Irene
    The rain was enough to get things wet without causing any flooding so it could have been worse.

I was wondering if the fire or the smoke from it was bothering you.

Good Luck with Annie's Paw
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I just finished going though all the boxes of clothes. I have 1 box to donate and 2 boxes went back into the attic. One with clothes that are too big and one that has clothes I hope to fit into soon.
    We had rain in the afternoon yesterday. It was a light rain. It is chilly here today, 34 degrees compared to yesterday's temp of 60.
    Today I am running a few errands and getting a pedicure.
    Have a great week. :)
    Hello Joanne
    I can understand holding onto those, Insurance just in case and Good Luck fitting the smaller ones. I did get rid of a lot of the biggest clothes and held onto some that were one size to large for one reason. They could be used if something caused a problem with the laundry.

Yesterdays rain amounts were around 2/10ths of an inch.

Cold here IMO for April.

Have a good day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all...
    Been busy. Thanks...the brunch for my son was nice. I made a Mediterranean frittata, and an oreo chocolate chip cheesecake...decadent. It was cold out today. Had a massage and spent some time with my daughter and grandson.
    Tomorrow will be busy too.
    Have a great night, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    Is there ever a day You do not keep busy ? Frittata is something that has never really attracted me to eat, I can see where it would (Should ?) be healthy OTOH.

Wow, Oreo and Choclate Chips in the cheesecake, hmm... I should talk I like Cookies and Cream Ice Cream :wink:

Yesterday I noticed that we have Miniature Daffodils, What I remember as a Anemone, and Hyacinths blooming.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, still chilly here. Our walk was nice .Today I am going to the Christmas tree store and Costco so I will be a little busy. Vix your brunch sounded nice .Jo I am the same way I gave lots of clothes away. Roger we never got any smoke or anything from the fire. take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Busy day with stained glass, clay, and family time.
    Roger, a frittata is a lot like an omelette, just thicker and with the ingredients mixed in. Good for groups because you can put it in a baking dish, and it's ready for everyone at the same time.
    Irene are you Christmas shopping already?
    Jo, always good to give away things you're not using. I kept some smaller things that I like. Hope to fit back in sometime.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have already posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not one cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 42 degrees. The possibility of rain overnight did not happen here and the forecast breeze is starting up with higher wind gusts in the forecast.

Monday I got a notice from The Town Property tax office that the NJ Property tax rebate was being credited against the upcoming quarterly property tax, $167 for my half of the house and my brother had a check for the same amount recently, Every little bit helps

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6871411/Colorectal-cancer-vaccine-prevent-tumors-people-genetic-risk.html
    A vaccine for colon cancer? Experimental shot may prevent tumors for over a million people at high risk for the disease, study suggests

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-impossible-foods-ceo-burger/vegetarian-patty-gets-the-burger-king-whopper-test-idUSKCN1RD1WO
    'Impossible' meatless patty gets Burger King Whopper test

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article228546264.html
    Do you pay red-light camera tickets? You’re in the minority

https://news.yahoo.com/catholic-priests-burn-harry-potter-books-poland-131950572.html
    Catholic priests burn Harry Potter books in Poland

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, still chilly here. Our walk was nice .Today I am going to the Christmas tree store and Costco so I will be a little busy. Vix your brunch sounded nice .Jo I am the same way I gave lots of clothes away. Roger we never got any smoke or anything from the fire. take care everyone
    Hello Irene
    Hang in, Warmer weather is coming, sooner or later :wink:

My Brother likes the Christmas Tree Store and for different things Bed Bath and Beyond, and will never go to CostCo even though he has no problem with using the paper goods I buy there. Another thing he will never do is go through a Drive Thru be it fast food, Bank or whatever.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all.
    Busy day with stained glass, clay, and family time.
    Roger, a frittata is a lot like an omelette, just thicker and with the ingredients mixed in. Good for groups because you can put it in a baking dish, and it's ready for everyone at the same time.
    Irene are you Christmas shopping already?
    Jo, always good to give away things you're not using. I kept some smaller things that I like. Hope to fit back in sometime.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    Busy, busy, busy seems to be Your motto :wink:

Thank You for the explanation, I had a feeling it might be something like that and making it in a baking dish for that reason makes a lot of sense, I would not have thought of doing that. being that I use the Microwave a lot I have made Scrambled eggs in it, with a little butter and salt they come out OK, One thing I learned by looking on the Internet is never try to make hard Boiled eggs in the shell in a Microwave, Luckily I learned that be researching to see how long to MW them before I tried it :smiley:

Christmas shopping, I know some people that start right after Christmas ends, Myself I tend to wait until November.

I suspect we all have clothes we hope, expect to fit back into.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    May go to the stained glass store today, I need to pick up some of the casing that goes around the work. Of course, I forgot what it's called...haha...so may be tricky.
    Ah, it looks a little warmer here today, 48 and sunny, with a high expected of 64. Come on, Spring! Daffodils, anemone, and hyacinths are starting to bloom.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, vix I did pick up a couple of things for my sisters that I found after the 1st of the year oh and I did crochet an afghan for one of my sisters but that is as far as I got . I am thinking you got that idea when I mention the Christmas tree shop it is a shop that has all kinds of stuff not sure how they got that name. The trip to Costco was ok I got 5 more ns gift cards I am set for a while I have like 10 of them. I change my ns plan I only do ala carte now it is so much cheaper at least it has been I have been getting 50 % off sales which is pretty nice and then of course I use my gift cards. take care everyone.hi jo
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have just posted some humor, The Cat and the Dog ones are really Good IMO

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and not one cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 41 degrees. Despite being 41 degrees there seemed to be a bit of a bite to the air.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/04/01/hofstra-university-students-demand-removal-of-thomas-jefferson-statue/
    Hofstra University Students Demand Removal of Thomas Jefferson Statue

Nope
    https://www.lmtonline.com/lifestyle/article/Would-bringing-back-extinct-animals-turn-out-as-13731918.php
    Would bringing back extinct animals turn out as badly as it did in 'Jurassic Park'?

https://nypost.com/2019/04/02/russian-candy-bars-have-disturbing-secret-ingredient-blood/
    Russian candy bars have disturbing secret ingredient: blood

https://nypost.com/2019/03/28/six-in-ten-americans-struggle-to-keep-up-with-day-to-day-tasks/
    Six in ten Americans struggle to keep up with day-to-day tasks

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-boeing-737-max-sensor-20190402-story.html
    Faulty 737 Max sensor from Lion Air crash is linked to a Florida repair shop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6876275/Israeli-woman-feared-irreversible-brain-damage-three-week-fruit-juice-diet.html
    Woman is feared to have irreversible brain damage after going on a three-week fruit juice diet in Israel

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/snack-chip-rage-assault-285039
    Cashier Choked Over Way He Bagged Groceries
    Cops: Attacker thought his chips got crushed by canned goods

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    May go to the stained glass store today, I need to pick up some of the casing that goes around the work. Of course, I forgot what it's called...haha...so may be tricky.
    Ah, it looks a little warmer here today, 48 and sunny, with a high expected of 64. Come on, Spring! Daffodils, anemone, and hyacinths are starting to bloom.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I am sure that they can give You what You need, Could it be Cane or maybe it's called Came ?

I also see a few Grape Hyacinths, What happened to most of them I do not know, Last year they were all over including big clusters in the lawns.

FWIW The Free Hams at the local Shoprite were once again a no show Sunday and the butcher told my brother they should be in this upcoming weekend, Ha, Same thing he said the week before. It seems to be a store problem, Tuesday I went to a different ShopRite and picked one up from a small selection, They had Shank, Butt and Spiral at that ShopRite.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    hi all, vix I did pick up a couple of things for my sisters that I found after the 1st of the year oh and I did crochet an afghan for one of my sisters but that is as far as I got . I am thinking you got that idea when I mention the Christmas tree shop it is a shop that has all kinds of stuff not sure how they got that name. The trip to Costco was ok I got 5 more ns gift cards I am set for a while I have like 10 of them. I change my ns plan I only do ala carte now it is so much cheaper at least it has been I have been getting 50 % off sales which is pretty nice and then of course I use my gift cards. take care everyone.hi jo
    Hi Irene
    A hand Crocheted Afghan is a heck of a gift IMO.

It is my guess that the name may have come from being a specialty shop that expanded their line of goods beyond Christmas Items ?

Whee, 10 Gift cards is a good stock, once I add another to the upcoming order I will have one left so I need to order 5 more while the sale is on.

Could You explain how You are getting 50% off, If I could do that I would also change to A La Carte as the Two Snack sections that the men's plan has is too many snacks.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Roger it is an offer on Numi .got another offer this morning at 60% you might want to go on and check it out, I have too much food to take it. There was a controlled fire yesterday and it really is smoking now. Hi vix and jo. Today I have a dentist appt it is for a cleaning I go every 6 months take care everyone