Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    good morning, well it was chilly on our walk this morning it was like 50 I could of used light gloves. Today I plan on voting and then mowing the yawn it sure is nice and green. My friend is doing good she might be coming home soon. Roger before you know it you will be up and walking just do everything the dr says. hi vix and Jo
    Hello Irene
    It could have been worse according to the local weather report there were parts of NJ that were in the 30s with the lowest one showing 32 degrees.

If I had felt up to walking I do have light gloves that can fit into a pocket when the day warms up :smile:

My brother surprised me when he appeared in my doors shortly after 6 AM, He decided to go vote in the primaries early and beat the crowd. Depending on which party You are affiliated with most of the positions had one person running.

Then he returned home, Had Breakfast then edged the sidewalk since he mowed the grass Monday.

That's good news, Can I take it that they found the cause of the problem that hospitalized her ?

I hope You are right with the timeline.

I need to call NS and ask them to suspend the account for two or three months since I will have a 5 to 10 pound weight lifting restriction. That may be a problem since I already delayed it to July for the same reason and if they say no then I have no choice but to cancel and ask how long before I can take advantage of new customer offers.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Hello Vix

Hello Joanne
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    good morning, Roger I went and voted around 9am no line. I came home and took Annie for her second walk and then mowed the yard it is looking better still have a couple of bare spots but it is getting better. My friend is still in the hospital but getting stronger she doesn't know when they will let her come home. hi jo and vix take care everyone
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,148 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, I hope NS cooperates with you...they should make exceptions for medical reasons. haha, so sorry about your fingers. ;) Waiting is the pits.
    Irene, sounds like you're keeping busy! Always yard work to do.
    Hi Jo....I know you're enjoying your visit.
    I worked on stained glass and clay yesterday. Went for acupuncture this a.m. and am going to my future DIL's dress fitting and veil buying this afternoon. I know we'll have fun.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday! :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have posted more humor already

Hi
    Currently It is 71 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is for the 80s :(
    Our streets are still drying off from the overnight rain, That would be the rain that my brother predicted we would not get :wink:

I have Pre-admission testing on the 11th and surgery is scheduled for the 21st. What seems strange to me is that I will be called on the 20th and given a time and location for the surgery.

Today's To Do list, Call NS and see about a extra 2 or 3 month delay, resign as moderator or see about Emeritus status at a forum and drop off the keys while they are open and the car later on at the Car repair facility we use. The car is due for its every 2 year inspection, an oil change based on time not mileage, Lube the driver door hinges, Fix the Drivers side window switch (Change ?) and repair the speed control on the fan, the lower three speeds have died :(

On the weird news items this one is included
    http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/ketchup-battery-578926
    Man Arrested For Domestic Ketchup Battery
    Beau covered sleeping victim with condiment

Just sad that there are people like that walking the streets.
    http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/woman-busted-for-mcchicken-rage-assault-203718
    Woman, 21, Busted For McChicken Rage
    Pregnant McDonald's manager attacked by customer, cops say

http://news.trust.org/item/20190604191207-d4d52
    Satellite data shows Amazon deforestation rising under Brazil's Bolsonaro

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/04/sun-reached-solar-minimum-surface-ominously-calm-9805282/
    The sun has ‘reached solar minimum’ and its surface is ominously calm

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, Roger I went and voted around 9am no line. I came home and took Annie for her second walk and then mowed the yard it is looking better still have a couple of bare spots but it is getting better. My friend is still in the hospital but getting stronger she doesn't know when they will let her come home. hi jo and vix take care everyone
    Good Morning Irene
    I am not surprised that there was no line, it was only (??) a Primary. The reason my brother went early was the parking can be bad.

Are You mowing the grass high to promote root growth ?

I hope Your friend gets home soon, Getting stronger is a good sign. The previous hospital stay was OK since I was in a single room and had a decent size TV and the food was OK once I was able to order the days meals and not get whatever the default meal was.

Have a Good Day
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Roger, I hope NS cooperates with you...they should make exceptions for medical reasons. haha, so sorry about your fingers. ;) Waiting is the pits.
    Irene, sounds like you're keeping busy! Always yard work to do.
    Hi Jo....I know you're enjoying your visit.
    I worked on stained glass and clay yesterday. Went for acupuncture this a.m. and am going to my future DIL's dress fitting and veil buying this afternoon. I know we'll have fun.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday! :)
    Good Morning Vix
    I hope they do, OTOH if I have to cancel and rejoin later, I'll be OK with that too. Maybe I could take advantage of a new member deal that is better. I saw a Advert for 50% off with free shipping with Autodelivery.

I am not a good wait for things to happen type :(

You are so busy, I'm impressed
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, vix sounds like you had fun yesterday it's nice that the bride is including in everything. Roger good that you got dates when I went in for my knee replacement they called me the day before to tell me what time so I guess that is normal. Roger I don't even do a plan any more I just order ala carte it works for me and it is a lot cheaper I only order what I want and they have really good specials so that is something to think about. No plans for today I might spend the day in the pool since it is going to be hot around 86 take acre everyone. Jo I am sure you are having a great time
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Enjoy the pool, Irene...sounds like a great plan. :wink:
    Roger, it does sound odd to me, but I've only had surgery a couple of times. I guess they're allowing for emergencies? Anyway, sounds like a lot of things to take care of today. None of them sound like fun, so I hope they all go easily and well for you.
    Hi Jo!
    I'm off to painting class today. Will probably spend a lot of time hanging paintings as we are having an art show next week. Yesterday was a lot of fun. The wedding gown was gorgeous, and she found a beautiful veil to go with it.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I found 2 penny's yesterday on my second walk. I have a lot to do today I have pt today at 8 then food shopping then come home take Annie for our second walk and then visit my friend in rehab she got moved to it yesterday so much closer. Take care everyone
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor has been posted

Hi
    Currently It is 66 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is for the 80s :(

We had a really short rain yesterday, however due to the previous days rain no watering will be needed until Saturday or Sunday and then more rain at some point Monday and/or Tuesday.

Today We meet friends at Brunch Time AKA 10 AM.

Yesterday I had a phone call from the surgery scheduling person that due to schedule changes by the surgeon that my surgery was being moved from the 21st to the 14th. Since I still do not know what time I may or not be posting next Friday. I will ask my brother to use the email list to update You with the results once he has them.

https://news.yahoo.com/humans-consume-tens-thousands-plastic-pieces-000029145.html
    Humans consume 'tens of thousands' of plastic pieces each year

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/05/15/potrero-hill-shack-2-5-million-863-carolina/
    Shack On San Francisco’s Potrero Hill Hits Market For $2.5 Million

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-taco-bell-customer-calls-cops-after-restaurant-runs-out-shells-20190605-g3tvqvgieraxniidn75k7swste-story.html
    Taco Bell customer calls cops after eatery runs out of taco shells

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-landlords-rent-regulations-building-improvements-report-20190606-akdihwpuavbvxd3aa65udulirm-story.html
    Rent reforms will be too damn costly, New York landlords warn state
    lawmakers

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/06/04/hi-tech-gadget-will-used-relieve-severe-headaches/
    Hi-tech gadget will be used to relieve severe headaches under raft of new NHS treatments

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, vix sounds like you had fun yesterday it's nice that the bride is including in everything. Roger good that you got dates when I went in for my knee replacement they called me the day before to tell me what time so I guess that is normal. Roger I don't even do a plan any more I just order ala carte it works for me and it is a lot cheaper I only order what I want and they have really good specials so that is something to think about. No plans for today I might spend the day in the pool since it is going to be hot around 86 take acre everyone. Jo I am sure you are having a great time
    Hello Irene
    Calling with the time could be the new normal but also where to go seems strange to me.

I thought about that, The specials would be through Numi if I am recalling properly ?

I have thinking about going A La Carte too.

Thursday was too hot and the house only cooled down to 75 degrees overnight :(
    good morning, I found 2 penny's yesterday on my second walk. I have a lot to do today I have pt today at 8 then food shopping then come home take Annie for our second walk and then visit my friend in rehab she got moved to it yesterday so much closer. Take care everyone
    Congrats on the money found. Good luck at PT.

Rehab sounds like a step in the right direction for Your friend and being closer too, Winner winner.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Enjoy the pool, Irene...sounds like a great plan. :wink:
    Roger, it does sound odd to me, but I've only had surgery a couple of times. I guess they're allowing for emergencies? Anyway, sounds like a lot of things to take care of today. None of them sound like fun, so I hope they all go easily and well for you.
    Hi Jo!
    I'm off to painting class today. Will probably spend a lot of time hanging paintings as we are having an art show next week. Yesterday was a lot of fun. The wedding gown was gorgeous, and she found a beautiful veil to go with it.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    One thing that was not on my to do list was have my date moved up a week. I'll gladly take the change however.
    It does mean I need to get some things ready to go, Earplugs so I can sleep in a noisy environment, books to read etc.

Good Luck at the Art Show
    Roger

Hello Joanne
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, so glad your date got moved up! Next week...will keep you in my prayers, my friend. Have fun at brunch.
    Irene, happy your friend is doing better...did they ever figure out what it was? Are you almost done with your pt? And Yes!, I'm so happy my future DIL is including me. We've felt she's been part of the family for a long time now.
    Hi Jo! :)
    We've been getting some rain overnight too, and into the 80s during the day.
    Going to the chiropractor this morning, and spending time with the family in the afternoon,
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    We are back. We had a wonderful time and the weather was perfect, only a few showers that were over almost as quick as they started.
    Roger-I am happy for you that the date for your surgery was moved up and you don't have to wait so long. I will be keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.
    Vix-It is very nice that your future DIL is including you in all aspects of the wedding.
    Good luck with the art show.
    Irene-I am glad that your friend is getting better. Congrats on your money find.
    I actually found 3 5pence coins and a Mexican cent in London.
    It is good to be home and sleep in my own bed.
    Have a great day!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted the Humor earlier than usual, I could not get back to sleep, therefore.

Hi
    Currently It is 65 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is once again in the 80s :(

I called NS yesterday and the person I spoke to adjusted the order as follows. Processing On: 09/05/2019

I got the car back $402.60, Considering the List I had not that bad
    1. State Inspection
    2. Oil change and filter using Synthetic Oil.
    3. Lubed the Door hinges, the noise was atrocious.
    4. Replace failed fan speed resistor, I only had the top two noisy speeds left.
    5. Replace the Driver side power window switch.

I should be hitting 17,000 miles on the car soon, I already filled the gas tank once this year :smiley: I suspect that a lot of the repairs were due to really short trips with the car since it was new in 1999 :wink:

Scary stuff
    https://news.stanford.edu/2019/06/05/edit-video-editing-text/
    Stanford engineers make editing video as easy as editing text
    A new algorithm allows video editors to modify talking head videos as if they were editing text – copying, pasting, or adding and deleting words.

https://www.studyfinds.org/soldiers-us-army-worse-heart-health-than-civilians-study/
    Soldiers In U.S. Army Have Worse Heart Health Than Civilians, Surprising Study Shows

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/u-s-home-flippers-are-cashing-out-before-profits-get-slimmer-1.1269342
    U.S. home flippers are cashing out before profits get slimmer

https://www.apnews.com/cd654537064a40adb97fe7bd1c63ba3e
    Stressed out? Your dog may feel it too, study suggests

TSA allowing illegal migrants to fly without proper documents

Boom in electric scooters leads to more injuries, fatalities

https://www.today.com/health/irregular-sleep-routine-linked-higher-health-risks-study-finds-t155636
    Irregular sleep routine linked to higher health risks, study finds
    Having an erratic sleep schedule can do a number on your health.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, so glad your date got moved up! Next week...will keep you in my prayers, my friend. Have fun at brunch.
    Irene, happy your friend is doing better...did they ever figure out what it was? Are you almost done with your pt? And Yes!, I'm so happy my future DIL is including me. We've felt she's been part of the family for a long time now.
    Hi Jo! :)
    We've been getting some rain overnight too, and into the 80s during the day.
    Going to the chiropractor this morning, and spending time with the family in the afternoon,
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    I had been trying to get the doctors office to work on getting it moved up a while ago, I wonder if that helped ?

Brunch, Well I overate.
    Chopped Steak with Onions, Cream of Broccoli Soup, Onion Rings, And since the other vegetable selections were not ready, Mashed Potatoes with gobs of butter and Mushroom Gravy and last but not least Coffee.

Total bill for the three of us was $36+

I am not that happy with the weather. When I get up and see the rooms are in the 70s around sunrise I know it will be another AC day.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    We are back. We had a wonderful time and the weather was perfect, only a few showers that were over almost as quick as they started.
    Roger-I am happy for you that the date for your surgery was moved up and you don't have to wait so long. I will be keeping you in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery.
    Vix-It is very nice that your future DIL is including you in all aspects of the wedding.
    Good luck with the art show.
    Irene-I am glad that your friend is getting better. Congrats on your money find.
    I actually found 3 5pence coins and a Mexican cent in London.
    It is good to be home and sleep in my own bed.
    Have a great day!
    Hello Joanne
    How nice for You, good weather is a blessing.

A Mexican Cent :smiley: I never sleep as good as in my own bed which is one reason I am dreading the hospitalization, I know my sleep will be poor and that is without them coming in and drawing blood, checking blood oxygen levels and BP.

Have a Nice day
    Roger

Hello Irene
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well I am done with pt yesterday I was told I am at 100% I am so happy it is over. yesterday I went and visit my friend in rehab she is doing very good ,maybe she will be home soon. Roger that is awesome news that you are going in sooner will be saying prayers for you. Welcome home jo glad you had a nice time with your son and his family . hey vix you are always so busy take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Welcome back, Jo! So glad you had nice weather and a good visit! Always good to come back to your own bed. :wink:
    Roger, about the hospital stay....I've only had 2 operations, but both times I was so knocked out from the anesthesia, that I slept like a log for a couple of days. It probably did help that you asked them to move it up. I keep reading articles about how we have to be our own advocate. Will keep sending healing thoughts your way.
    Irene, so glad you are finished with your PT and back to 100%! And glad your friend is doing well.
    It's going up to 82 here today, I think mostly sunny with clouds coming in later. I have a baby shower to go to this afternoon. A grandchild for one of my friends. I love happy events. :)
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I posted more humor a little while ago, Enjoy

Hi
    Currently It is 60 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is once again in the 80s :(

I'm not so sure I like our forecast for the upcoming week. Currently they are predicting rain on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday being the day I have to drive through rush hour traffic for the pre-admission testing and little ole me not having driven through rush hour traffic since the 90s :(
    The last job I had where I started working in the mid 90s and lasted 16 years I could leave home at 9:50 AM and be at work for the 10 AM open and the return home was after the rush hour so I am not looking forward to rush hour in the rain.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/unfinished-city-future-arizona-desert
    This unfinished Arizona 'futuristic hippie commune' has a problem

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/retirement-four-in-10-americans-don-t-see-it-ever-happening-1.1269777
    Retirement? Four in 10 Americans don't see it ever happening

Hmm...
    https://ny.eater.com/2019/6/6/18652268/burger-king-impossible-whopper-nyc-fake-order
    Brooklyn Burger King Delivered Beef Whoppers to Customers Expecting ‘Impossible’
    One vegetarian ate two before realizing he wasn’t eating the popular fake meat, which won’t hit NYC outposts until later this year

Passcode, My Flip phone doesn't have one. Right to privacy ?
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/give-your-password-or-go-jail-police-push-legal-boundaries-n1014266
    Give up your password or go to jail: Police push legal boundaries to get into cellphones
    “The world should know that what they’re doing out here is crazy,” said a man who refused to share his passcode with police.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jun/07/sleep-apps-backfire-by-causing-anxiety-and-insomnia-says-expert
    Sleep apps backfire by causing anxiety and insomnia, says expert

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/06/radio-silence-how-the-disappearance-of-rural-stations-takes-americas-soul-with-them
    America's rural radio stations are vanishing – and taking the country's soul with them

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger