Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sending healing thoughts out to Roger. Hope he's feeling ok and getting some sleep.
    Mostly cloudy here today with a high of 83, t-storms expected in the afternoon.
    Jo, hope you enjoyed your puttering and got a chance to relax and read.
    Irene, hope you get to enjoy your pool today.
    I didn't get to the grocery store yesterday, but went to Frederick and picked up my dry cleaning at Zips. Also checked out a Burlington Coat Factory there. It was kind of a mess, but picked up a some cute shorts onesies for my grandson.
    We're going to my daughter's for Father's day this evening. It will be great to have the whole family there.
    fathersday759.jpg?w=759
    Happy Sunday! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    I have an acupuncture appt today at noon. Will babysit later. 71 with an expected high of 86 today, t-storms later.
    Had a nice Father's Day with family.
    Wishing everyone a good new week. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    good morning, It is really muggy here. Yesterday I did get in the pool till it started to rain it only lasted a few minutes but I already put the solar cover back on. Not sure when I will be getting more pool time in. Vix its so nice you get to spend so much time with your grand son. I did get my 34 minutes on the treadmill plus we did walk take care everyone . Sending prayers to Roger hope he is doing better
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    I heard from Roger's brother today. Here is what he sent me.
    To Joanne

I am Rogers Brother, and he has asked me to let some of the folks he is in contact with on the food forum and let them know what is happening. You are on the list. please overlook the cut and paste, as I am doing it to save the time it would take to retype it several times for the others he has asked me to contact

So here we go. He was admitted friday morning to rwj new brunswick. His operation took around 9 to 10 hours. According to the doctors they removed a bit over half of his liver, the gall bladder, some lymph nodes, a very large tumor, and he lost a lot of blood as the tumor had grown blood vessels that were attached to other areas. The tumor size the doc told me on the phone friday eve was " very large" when pressed, stated although a irregular shape, about the size of a small watermelon. When I saw him sunday he was sleeping a lot and very weak. still on IV drips and a epidural for pain control. The DR. was away for the weekend and covering Dr say little

Do not know how long he will be there or what sort of prognosis there is as yet nor do I have any idea what if any follow up protocols there will be.

Mike T.
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all,
    I got the note from Mike too. It'll probably be a while before we hear from Roger, but it was nice of Mike to let us know. Sending more healing thoughts up to Roger.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Off for another day of stained glass, clay, dentist appt. More hot weather, possible afternoon t-storms.
    Wishing you all a good Tuesday.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I also got a note ,sounds like he had it pretty ruff but hopefully he is on the mends. Wow vix sounds like you have a busy day. I did walk and then did 37 minutes on the treadmill . Today I have the plumber coming over to replace 2 bathroom and a kitchen faucet they are pretty cool they have led lights on them when you run water it lights up. take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    It has been raining all day. We are back at the gym this week. I didn't gain any weight on vacation but have been stuck at the same weight for about a month. Ideally I would like to lose another 20 lbs. but I will settle for 10.
    Roger- you are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you are feeling better every day.
    Vix-you were a busy girl today. :)
    Irene-do you walk or run on the treadmill? The one I use at the gym has a program on it that I can do laps. I walk a lap, run a lap until I reach 2 miles. I am slowly trying to build up to running a mile.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, jo my treadmill has laps also but I walk on mine I did 2 miles today I am afraid of hurting my knee so I just walk. Hi vix . I really miss Roger hope he is sending prayers for him
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Healing thoughts being sent to Roger...miss him and his early morning posts.
    Irene, that's pretty good on the tread mill.
    Jo, you're doing good too...great that you can run on the treadmill.
    I'll probably use my eliptical today, maybe some pt exercises, and some cleaning.
    Nothing else planned.
    Hubby's gone for some blood tests today, and tomorrow he's going to get one of those internal camera tests, so he has to fast later.
    Another day into the 80s today with expected t-storms this afternoon.
    Have a good Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Off to painting class for me this morning.
    Raining here for now, will be hot again today.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, vix enjoy painting class as for myself I have a nail appt then I will do some shopping while I am out hi jo
  • eku0
    Options
    How fun, Irene. :) Enjoy your shoppig too.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening
    It has been raining here all day.
    One more day of work for me and then I have 3 days off. Saturday my daughter and I are going strawberry picking at a local farm.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, we have had so much rain a lot of places are flooded. yesterday 2 of our bridges were closed but noticed today the one is opened . It did rain again last night I think after today it should clear up. George has taken off a couple of days so that will be nice a lot of pool time. Jo so nice that you will be off of work for a couple of days. Hey vix that are you planning today? Well today is the day Roger is suppose to come home hope he is doing good take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Cloudy, warm, and windy here this morning. Forecast shows partly cloudy with a high of 79.
    Enjoy your 3-day weekend, Jo. Strawberry picking sounds like fun...are they organic?
    Irene, nice that George has taken off some time. Yay for pool time. :smiley:
    I'm getting my car serviced today...oil change, tire rotation, etc. Not fun, but necessary.
    Tomorrow afternoon, we're going to see the florist set up another wedding. That should be fun.
    I hope Roger is doing well. Maybe we'll get another note from Mike.
    Anyway, have a good Friday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    I am up early doing some housework, so I can have the rest of the weekend to myself.
    Vix-have fun checking out the flowers. I am not sure if the strawberries are organic.
    Irene-enjoy your pool time.
    Enjoy your weekend. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    god morning, Jo the strawberries sound yummy I love strawberries. Since I started eating the built bars for my afternoon snack my weight loss has started again between that and the treadmill so I am 1 happy person here. Vix looking at the flowers sounds like fun. We have no plans for today except hopefully we can get in the pool 1st day in a while that it hasn't rained. Jo enjoy your days off take care hope to hear from Roger or Mike soon.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I need to get in a little exercise this morning, and maybe a nice hot soak. Maybe a little housework too.
    Enjoy your long weekend, Jo. Good to get the housework out of the way to free up the rest of your time off. :) Have fun picking strawberries.
    Irene, congrats on getting the weight loss going again...enjoy your relaxing weekend, and the pool.
    Looking forward to this afternoon.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Heard from Mike today...Roger is in a bad way. He could use some extra prayers and healing thoughts. I think you are both getting the emails too, but just in case you haven't looked. I really hope he comes through this.