Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Really worried about Roger. Sending extra prayers and healing thoughts.
    The visit to the venue was nice yesterday.
    No special plans for today, trying to get back on the diet and exercise straight and narrow.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    good morning, jo I didn't get the e-mail if I did I must of delete it. Sending extra prayers for Roger . Vix its nice that everything was good are they planning on going with this venue or something different. Good luck on getting back on track I know how hard it is. I am now able to do 40 minutes on the treadmill . Take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    I also heard from Mike and will keep praying for Roger's recovery.
    Today I went for a walk and out to lunch with my daughter. I had fish, veggies and salad.
    Then I caved and had chocolate cake with ice cream. :(
    I really have to get back on track. :(
    Irene-Good job on the treadmill and the weight loss.
    Hi Vix-good luck getting back on track.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Thank you Vix for keeping Jan and I (from the 100+ group) informed about Roger’s status. We’ve been really worried about him, but neither of us received Mike’s emails. That is so much for him to go through. ~Val
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Got through the 1st day back keeping track of food and exercise. Did ok.
    Not much planned for today. Cancelled my massage, but I have to go and return some probiotics to the Vitamin Shoppe, and maybe I'll stop at TJ Maxx while I'm there.
    Jo....chocolate cake with ice cream...yum. I think we have to have something like that once in a while.
    Irene, that is the venue they are going with...we mainly went to see the florist in action, and how it looks when it's set up. It was lovely.
    Keeping up the prayers and healing thoughts for Roger.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • eku0
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Irene and George!
    Anniversary-3.jpg?resize=640%2C398&ssl=1

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Vix-today is my first day getting back on track, wish me luck!
    I have a dentist appt. this morning, then I am going to get a pedicure. After that we will see what the day brings.
    Hi Irene.
    Sending healing vibes to Roger.
    Happy Monday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, thanks vix can't believe tomorrow we will be married 42 years time sure has gone by fast. Jo cake and ice cream sounds good. enjoy your time off. Vix sometimes we all need a push to get us moving in the right direction. I am worried about Roger sending prayers
  • eku0
    Options
    Good luck, Jo! We can do this! Good luck with the dentist and enjoy your pedicure. :)
    Irene, I put that here today in case I don't get on tomorrow a.m. Congrats on 42 years! We'll have 44 in December. Time really does fly.
    I know we're all really worried about Roger, haven't heard from Mike since the 22nd with Roger hanging by a thread. Sending more prayers and healing thoughts.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, vix and jo I know the both of you will be fine getting back on track. Vix I so appreciated it thank you again. No big plans for our anniversary , George wanted to take me out to celebrate but I would rather stay home and he was fine with it I will throw a steak on the grill for him and Annie I plan on having my ns turkey dinner no guilt this was .If you guys hear anything can you post it for me. sending prayers to Roger and hugs take care all
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Vix- just keeping an eye here on the postings for Roger. Prayers here too. Val and I miss his postings so much. Thank you again for when you reached out! It was really appreciated. :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Checking innto see if there’s any additional news on Roger. I feel so helpless.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-Happy Anniversary! I will be married 44 years in Sept.
    I have not heard anything on Roger. I will reach out to his brother for an update.
  • eku0
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi all, I sent an email to Mike this morning to ask for an update. I know we're all worried about Roger. Haven't heard back from him yet. I'll post as soon as I do...or Jo if you hear anything.
    I went to my classes today, and babysat for a little while. Almost ran out of gas in my car because I forgot to look, but just filled up the tank, so am ok now.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok.
    Tuesday already.
    Val and Buttons...check in anytime, you are always welcome here.
  • eku0
    Options
    Just got a note from Mike... to summarize, he's still very weak and out of it. The doctors are "still trying to eliminate clots and improve liver function.... not really a lot of improvement but the doctor is using the phrase cautiously optimistic."
    Keep sending those prayers and healing thoughts.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well vix hopefully roger is on the mends . Hi Buttons and Val . George and I had a really nice day what's really nice no guilt. Jo thanks . It sounds like we all have been married a long time. I really miss Roger and his messages sending prayers for him. Well take care everyone Vix thanks for letting me know . I don't have Mikes contact info so until he sends something it helps that you let us know what's going on take care everyone
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Since I’m visiting, i can update you on my weight-related journey. For decades I was more than 100 pounds overweight (18 years...currently 54). In 2015, with NS, i lost 80 pounds and felt phenomenal. I was wogging (walk-jog) 3 to 10 miles daily. That ended January of 2016 when my dog and i were attacked by a loose Doberman. For a year and a half, i was in unbearable pain, I was 100% dependent on a walker, I became socially isolated (had to work from home, couldn’t clean house so didn’t want visitors, and ashamed of the walker). I could get no pain relief so I turned to food to cope. Roger and Jan saved me by suggesting a TENS unit. None of my doctors offered or suggested that, and i was unfamiliar. I bought one and was so grateful to get relief.
    In 2017, i had ulcer surgery. I didn’t feel well after...said that daily for 2 months until I ended up in ER with abdominal infection/sepsis. Hospitalized and was just dead for 6 weeks , and did not fully recover for about 6 months.
    January of this year, I realized how much happier and able i was when i had lost that 80 pounds, so I started again. I’m down 43 pounds since January and I’m committed to taking care of me. Im off blood pressure meds, and feeling good. Still have 60+ more to lose. Thanks, Val
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all,
    Irene, so glad you had a nice anniversary.
    I didn't copy the entire email. Roger really needs all the prayers he can get. He's such a good friend to all of us. His brother and sister are both with him, so that's good.
    Val, sorry you had to go through all that. It's so important to take care of ourselves. Congrats on the 43 pounds lost since January! That's amazing. WTG!
    Hey Jo.
    Babysat for a while this morning, and will probably go back later. My daughter has things she has to take care of. Easier if she doesn't have to take the little one with her. (And I love staying with him).
    Have a good Wednesday, everyone.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    So glad his family is there with him! Thanks for the update.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Vix-I also emailed Mike and he sent me the same message. I am so glad that Roger has family to be with him. I will continue to pray for him.
    Val-Congratulations on losing 43 lbs. and getting off the BP meds. I am sorry you had such a hard time, but glad that you are doing well now. It is important to care of yourself. Stop by any time and keep us posted on your weight loss and life events. :) We are a small and supportive group, Vix,Irene, Roger and myself.
    Hi Irene-I am glad you and George had a good anniversary.
    I had a small Japanese maple tree planted in the spot where I had the big tree taken down last year. It shouldn't grow too tall, so I won't be worried about it hitting the power lines.
    Also had the bushes trimmed in the front of the house. It looks so nice. Next on my list is new front stairs. I will have to save my pennies for that.
    Have a good night. :)