Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,156 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Sunny, high of 91 expected today with t-storms later.
    I heard back from Mike:
    "the doctors are going to do a reassessment on his case early next week. I am not sure what that means exactly. He had a bad ( restless ) night and has tried to remove his breathing tube and so they have limited his hand / arm movements to prevent this sort of occurrence.?? still on the thinners and antibiotics. the surgical ICU staff said that the growth ( pneumonia ? )
    is beginning to clear up. White blood counts were north of 39k. now down to 32.9k today which is a indication of infection clearing up a bit. seemed to be a little more aware today when awake..... think he sees me and knows I am there.That is still a bit of a question mark as he cannot easily let anyone know. He does seem to be calmer during and after visits"

So it seems Roger is fighting this the best he can. Keep the prayers and healing thoughts going out to him.

Glad you got your AC fixed Jan.
    Hi Jo, Irene, and Val.
    The seamstress is coming today for the dress I'll be wearing to my son's wedding. I bought a petite, but it still needs to be shortened! Going to get on my eliptical and maybe do some PT exercises before she gets here. No other special plans for today.
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,120 Member
    Options
    good morning, wow we had a bad storm yesterday the rain came down fast and hard a thunder poor Annie was so upset if she could of crawled in my skin she would of but thank goodness it only lasted about 2 hours and then was gone never saw my yard flood but everything is fine. Just had some large puddles in my yard. Val your ladies group sound like fun enjoy your hike. Jan glad your ac is fixed . Jo pretty cool that they caught the person how stupid to put on social media. vix yet us know if you hear anything about Roger. no big plans for today need to go and pick up a few items at the store . take care all
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies;
    Vix-thank you for the update on Roger. Once the infection is cleared up, I hope they can take the breathing tube out. Healing vibes and prayers being sent.
    Jan-I am sure you are happy to have your AC fixed and under warranty. I don't shop at the store where I work. When I get off work, I want to get out of there ASAP. I shop closer to my house at the competition. :p
    Val-enjoy your hike. What movie are you going to see? I usually fall asleep at the movies, in those comfy reclining seats.
    Nothing planned for this afternoon, just relaxing in the AC.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good day!!

Jo, I love you shopping elsewhere like the competition!! I so understand the need!! My son and daughter both worked at Walmart. Andy will not set foot there to this day!! He did carts in the 110 degree asphalt surfaces for about a year. Then lucked out and worked security at his college during school. Jenny worked there longer getting her teachers BA and part time while getting her Masters! She shops there to be frugal..but still can have Walmart nightmares!! Hope your job is better!! :#

Irene, sorry for the storm! I hate to see dogs when they are afraid like that. May May has some weird phobias, so I get those moments!!

Thank you for the update Vix! Roger had this pegged as to how it would go. I know at some level he wishes he would heal and be home, or at least in a reg. room. This must really be hard on his brother too. Still praying. I am reading again a book on prayer written by Dr David Cho. He has several churches in Korea and occasionally sounds a little over the top. But this book was recommended by a very dear man who preached all his life and was an elder in our church. Just stepped down due to health. It is called The Fourth Dimension. This is where Cho believes prayer reaches God and Jesus..One thing I love is he says we do not ask enough. We should be very specific for what we pray. And what to do while envisioning it. Easy, yet hard! Good read for any denomination. And good for Roger, too!

Val, hope the hiking went well!! Everyone have a good day and stay safe!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the update of Roger. Hoping and praying that he heals and feels better soon. Such a hard struggle. Hoping he can feel the strength of our love and support.
    Today’s hike was lovely. I even ran in to one of my favorite former bosses who retired a few years ago. After the hike a bunch of us went to breakfast. Then i took my kid to the mall and walked. Then we went swimming. Very relaxing and fun day filled with bonding and laughter.
    In the picture, I’m in the turquoise shirt next to the lady in red with the dog. I left my dogs home so I could go out to breakfast.
    Tomorrow we go to see Aladdin.
    1kn868n0q6ww.jpeg
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, val nice picture sounds like you all had fun. We had another storm yesterday so today George is going to have to drain off some of the water. My side steps are almost done just the railing left to do it has been raining almost every day so it is taking longer. No plans for today maybe some pool time . We already took Annie to the lake so she got her hour in now I am waiting on George to get off the treadmill so I can get on . I do need to start doing the bow flex so I can get stronger. Vix thank you for sharing Rogers up date hoping he starts to improve. Jan are you already on vacation. Jo hope you enjoyed some down time, I don't blame you I never go back to target but my reason it is just to far to go when there is store's that are closer take care all
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, it's been raining a lot here too, but it sounds like they should be finishing up the work for you soon.
    Nice picture, Val. Looks like a good group of ladies, a lot of walking buddies! Lucky you. And the park behind you looks nice too.
    Jan, I never worked night shift, but I worked swing shift at a couple of places when I was in college. I always felt like I couldn't go directly home and to sleep. It was nice to work regular hours for a while, except for the traffic. I did an early shift the last 30 or so years that I worked, usually in at or before 6a.m. So didn't get much sleep then either. Sleep is really important!
    Jo, glad you're taking some time to relax.
    I haven't been to a movie in a really long time...mostly just watch at home. Anyone have recommendations on good movies?
    I'll check in with Mike every few days if I don't hear from him. It's hard not knowing how Roger's doing. He seems to be putting up a good fight, and I hope we keep getting better news.
    No special plans for today. It's cloudy, high of 85 expected with possible afternoon t-storms.
    I've been cleaning out drawers, which is tedious, but necessary. Hope to get out somewhere later today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    We had a thunder storm last night. It knocked a few tree limbs down in my backyard. I guess yard clean up for today.
    Yesterday after work, I ironed curtains and hung them, put summer bedding on the bed in my room and the guest room. I am now washing all the spring bedding so I can pack it away.
    Val-I hope you enjoy Aladdin. I love Will Smith, he is so funny. Nice looking group of ladies.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Happy birthday Jan!
    I enjoyed Aladdin more than i was expecting. I like movies where i can be drawn into the story.
    Emily (my teenager) and I leave for Ireland next Monday. I’m excited and need to start packing.
    Hope everyone has a great day.
    Roger - sending love and strength for your comfort and recovery.
  • eku0
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    Happy%2BBirthday%252C%2BJan%2BPrice%2B%2528L%2529.png
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

You must be getting excited for your trip, Val...sounds great.
    Jo, must be that time of year...haha...I just did that a few days ago(bedding).
    Hi Irene.
    I woke up to t-storms this morning and it's still raining. I have a massage scheduled for this a.m. We'll see what else develops today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Happy Birthday, Jan! I Hope you have a wonderful day. :)
    Val-I am glad you enjoyed Aladdin. I hope this week flies by for you.
    Vix-Enjoy your massage.
    Hi Irene
    I went to the gym this morning and came home and washed the kitchen and breezeway floors.
    I also went to the Christmas Tree Shop. I have to take Vinny to the Vet this afternoon for his semi-annual check-up. Other than being diabetic and all skin and bones, he seems to be in good health.
    Have a great week everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning ,well it is raining here again today hoping it stops soon I would like to take Annie for a second walk . I did get on the treadmill I am now up to 63 -65 minutes it feels good. Happy birthday Jan. Val only another week and you go on vacation I am sure you will have a great time. No big plans for today. I can not remember the last time I went to the movies I enjoy watching movies at home. Take care everyone . Jo good luck with Vinny at the vets
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Vix thank you for the card post!! I am not that savvy, so I appreciate it!! <3
    I had a nice quiet day with a friend, just going to lunch and then coming home and sitting talking and catching up for a good while!! Fell asleep for about 20 minutes by mistake in the evening, so here I am ...up and wide awake..
    My daughter gave me a great present early. She cooked about 12 meals for me, international types, and froze them. No shopping or cooking for like 12 days. She is a sneaky little devil and a good cook! My son has a week with freshman students coming in for the the fall, so he is at the college from about 645 till 10pm all week. So..at some point I will get another celebration..Two are good, lol...

I went to the show for Wonder Woman last and Mary Poppins Returns since my daughter goes sometimes. I had not been since all the Lord of the Rings. I would rather be at home myself. I do luck out. If you do not go like the 1st week, the theater will be practically empty during the day..It is like a private screening. But prices are ridiculous...and I sneak in my own snacks...To be fair I was doing keto at the time..and there are no keto snacks to be bought at the movies!

Glad everyone is doing their exercises and spring cleaning.. I am trying but what a slow process. Things get messy before I can get thru it seems. I blame the dog...Surely 1 person cannot create such havoc in a house!!

Take care all. Hope Roger gains some strength and shows some more improvement. I guess the next bit of planning his care will not be an easy task. Sure miss you, Roger!!! Healing thoughts your way!!!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Mostly sunny today with a high of 87 here.
    I spent some time with my daughter and grandson yesterday. Fun. And ordered the rehearsal dinner invitations for my son's wedding.
    Jo, you always seem so busy! Hope Vinny's vet visit went well.
    Irene...that's a long time on the treadmill!
    Jan, sounds like you had a nice birthday. :) I know what you mean about the house getting ahead of you. I'm always behind in housework.
    Hi Val.
    I'm off to work on stained glass and clay today.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, this morning Mike sent me a message he spent quite a bit with him the nurses saw a little change he still is draining about 2 liters in 24 hours . Mike feels that's a lot he will let me know more. Always in my prayers. Vix it is amazing how fast the time goes on the treadmill I Alexa put on some good music and there I go no one is home so I can sing as loud as I want the dog has not complained yet(lol).Jan glad you had a nice birthday . Ladies I am with you it is amazing how fast your house can get messy. Well my big plans for today is to mow the yard
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good evening;
    Jan-Sounds like you had a good birthday. There is nothing wrong with 2 celebrations. :)
    When I go to the movies(which is rare) I bring my own snacks. Snacks are too expensive at the movies.
    Irene-thanks for the update on Roger. My cats make most of the mess at my house. ;)
    Vix-Vinny's Vet visit was good. The Vet called today and said all his blood work came back normal. He did lose a little more weight. Before getting diabetes he weighed about 13 lbs.
    He now weighs 7.8 lbs. Thankfully he is healthy and still active at 15 years old.
    Hubby and I went to the gym after work. I managed to walk a mile on the treadmill and use some of the weight machines. I am just too tired to do much after work.
    Hi Val- you must be busy at work and packing for your vacation.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene...it's nice to be able to sing! I'm trying to use my eliptical more. Still haven't gotten past 25 minutes for a while. Thanks for the update on Roger. I hope he continues to get better.
    Jo, that's great that you are still going to the gym. It's hard after work. Kudos.
    Hi Val and Jan.
    I think I'm going through a flare the last couple of weeks...I've been very achy and tired. It's been hard to push myself to do anything some days. I got a text from the dietitian yesterday and should be getting an email today to answer some questions about the diet.
    I have an appt today to get my hair colored and cut. I'm excited about it. I'm going to a new hairdresser and I want to darken up my hair again. I need a change.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-sorry that you have been tired and achy. I have been a little achy the last couple of days, especially my hands. I wonder if it has something to do with the weather.
    Enjoy your hair cut and color. It is nice to have a change once in a while. :)
    Irene-I sometimes sing in the car, but only when I am alone. :p
    Have a great evening. :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good evening!!

I am thinking the weather is making us achy..(and me eating a few too many carbs!!) Hope it goes away soon for everyone!! All of you are much more active than I am!! I really admire everyone's efforts and will!

Glad for an update on Roger, Thanks Irene! Smiled at you treadmill singing...and you have the breath to do it!! Jo, glad the vet visit went okay. That is a very good age on Vinny. :) Vix, you stay pretty busy, your classes sound wonderful!!

I am delivering some Meals on Wheels Thursday and Friday!! Hopefully I will not get lost!! ;) Not alone, so I will have company if lost, lol...!

Stay cool!!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I have a busy day today I have a nail apt and then to get my hair done. So I will be gone most of the day last 2 days I have been in the pool great weather for the pool . Sorry to hear you ladies are achy hope it goes away. Jan that's so awesome that you do meals on wheels hope you don't get too lost, that sounds like me I can get lost so easy. take care everyone