Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I did not sleep last nite at all. (Sunday nite). I had taken a nap Sunday but set my alarm wrong. In true post- night shift nap action I slept for 3.5 hours. So did May May!! Explains me up all night!! But, I did get my car to the shop, and was worthless today! :D I just took advantage of that and read and played with May May who probably thought I had abandoned her for the week-end. Glad to not be so busy!! I may get a rental after all since the shop called back and they have to order parts.
    Sounds like Val got on her way. She so deserves a great vacation. She puts in just horrendous hours in a very stressful company. :| Roger always has solid cheers and advice for her. Missing him!!
    Irene, sounds like a quiet wonderful weekend! Vix, you sound super busy. Hopefully the fact the florist was not quite ready will have a silver lining of the discount there..nice! Reminder of what my fridge looks like... :s Jo, hope you enjoyed your days off!! Hope we hear a little bit on Roger soon. This must be so tough. I am assuming he might still be in ICU. that is a very long time. He may not still be strong enough for a next step. Prayers... <3
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Jan-Sorry you didn't sleep. I worked night shift when my kids were little. I was a zombie most of the time. I could only sleep around 2 hours during the day. I would then go to bed again at 7pm and sometimes get a few more hours before I had to get up and go to work at midnight.
    I worked full time, sold Avon part time and trucked my kids to school and all their other activities. My Husband drove truck at that time and was sometimes gone for 15 or more hours a day. Now I only have one job, hubby is home by 3 and the kids are on their own.
    I hope we hear something about Roger soon. I am really worried.
    I am off to work in a few minutes.
    Have a great day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, I did get a message from Mike yesterday it doesn't sound like Roger has made that much of an improvement. I am not sure if he is still in ICU or not but . The dr wants to try dialysis to help his kidneys. poor Roger he does need prayers . now when mike goes he has to wear the gown to cover so he doesn't get any germs or that is what I am thinking. Roger still is a little confused with thinking Mike is not sure if Roger understands stuff. I was hoping for better news. Well take care everyone .Val hope you are enjoying your vacation
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, I'm glad you heard from Mike. It doesn't sound good, but Roger is hanging in...more healing thoughts and sunshine his way. I'm so glad he has Mike.
    Jo, your earlier years sound hectic like mine...very little sleep, working full time, running the kids around. Now we're both retired, kids on their own.
    Jan, I didn't sleep well last night either...hope your car is fixed soon.
    I'm off to work on stained glass and clay today, and need to do some shopping, didn't get it all done yesterday.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!
    Glad we heard something about Roger, but wishing it was better, too. This must be pretty hard on Roger's brother also. Just the worry and traveling to the hospital is hard at any age. I wonder if his brother can make those trips. It sounds like he is in reverse isolation for Roger' own protection. Continued prayers!
    Jo, wow..those were some trying times. I was lucky, my kids were older and I could sleep well. I woke around 1230 or so and took care of my horses, and stayed awake till after supper. Then slept well from 7-1030 pm ish. You sound like my friend. She does on such little sleep (still working!) !! I do not know how you all did that!! Praises..
    Kind of having that heart attack when I saw both Jo and Irene posting at 430 and 455 am. I am so not a morning person still. Lol, in fact I have become a night owl! Never was till those night shifts..And Vix..before 7am!! Respect!!
    They had to order a part for my car. I am going to get a rental after all. Things to do just keep popping up and I hate to keep bothering my daughter. I go for a prescreen for my colonoscopy on Thursday. probably schedule the procedure for next week. More afraid driving a rental up and down the parking deck, as it is wicked, than the Dr visit, lol!! Vix, I hope you sleep well tonite!!
    Have a good Weds!!! Take care!!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, I am a morning person ,I get up around 3:30 am sometimes earlier. Jan hope you get your car back soon . Went to Costco yesterday got some fruit and veggies also stopped at a fruit stand and got some white corn and jersey tomatoes ladies these are so good eat one with a little salt take care all
  • eku0
    Options
    hello
    I went for acupuncture this morning, and then baby sat for a couple of hours. No other special plans for today.
    Jan, I have a colonoscopy scheduled for July 29th. Not looking forward to that at all, except for it to be over with. Good luck with your prescreen and procedure.
    Irene, I used to love fresh corn and tomatoes! Yum. They are off my list now. :(
    Hi Jo!
    Val, hope you're having a great vacay!
    Prayers out for Roger and Mike.
    Have a good Wednesday, everyone.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!!
    They gave me a cute little kia to drive. Good thing it is not my car..I would be getting a ticket all the time with it's get up and go!! That's so funny, Irene! I stopped for corn and cantaloup on the way home!! I love fresh summer tomatoes!! Still have a few. Getting up at 3:30 sometimes I did not find amusing!!! :# Do you nap?
    Vix, sounds like a nice relaxing day!! Hope your day was a good one Jo!
    First day in a while there is no rain! Hot, but terribly humid, even for Al.
    Take care all. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    Jan, fresh cantaloupe sounds delicious. I bought some mangos which I hardly ever do, but they were good.
    We had a couple of t-storms last night, and more possible today. I'm mostly staying in the air conditioning...too hot for me outside, and supposed to be even hotter this weekend.
    I'm off to painting class this a.m.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. Stay cool.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Ireland. More than 24 hours of travel to get here (never using that travel agency again). My sinus infection and my daughter’s air sickness, plus screaming children the entire way made that even more draining. Never use Enterprise Ireland (car rental)...got reservation wrong (luckily I had everything printed out); “enterprise can was unmarked gray van— waited there a long time while drivers chatted with each other...until Budget driver asked who we were waiting for and told us thise gray vans were enterprise (enterprise drivers rude); tried again to not honor my reservation for automatic car but i insisted; navigation didn’t work...they finally provided a Garmin; had reserved a 2-person car knowing the streets are congested and too barrow...large 5-person car.
    First hotel (Lyrath Estates, Kilkenny) beyond fabulous!!!! Unfortunately i was quite ill, and beyond exhausted with the travel.
    Kilkenny was quaint, castle lovely! Driving stressful because streets too narrow and congested.
    Second hotel (Viking Hotel, Waterford) is dreadful. Dusty, no A/C, paper-thin walls (currently listening to nextdoor neighbor snoring), marginally helpful front desk, far from town with only car dealerships in vicinity.
    Dunbrody Famine Ship was fabulous! Hook Lighthouse was fabulous (and great food at the cafe).
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Jo and Irene!!
    Good to hear from you Val! Sorry to hear about the bad parts of the travel! But happy about the beautiful parts. First trips somewhere are always hardest! <3
    So glad I have my car back!! It is so beautiful, lol...Hope everyone avoids me in the future!!
    My colonoscopy is scheduled for next Thursday!! Vix, we are practically scope sisters.... :#
    Take care all!! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Val, good to hear from you. Hope you are feeling better and are through with all the bad parts of the trip! May the rest of it be beautiful and fabulous. ;)
    Jan, glad you've got your car back. Such a good feeling. Not looking forward to the colonoscopy. Actually, my husband has outpatient surgery on Thursday...so I'll be taking him for that. The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy, with a lot of not-fun stuff.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    I'll be running some errands today, have to contact the restaurant about the rehearsal dinner, and will be babysitting tonight. Busy day.
    Happy Friday, everyone. Stay cool!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, val sorry your trip started out ruff hopefully it gets better. Yesterday I mowed the lawn before the storm came but it was warm but it is all done and it looks nice . vix so nice you will have your grand baby tonight. hope everything with the restaurant is ok. Jan I had one a couple of years ago I didn't have any problems drinking the stuff was the worst and that was alright. this Sunday we are going to have a pool party having a few of our neighbors over . hi jo
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Just got caught up with everyone's posts.
    Val-Sorry the start of your vacation wasn't good, but glad that you enjoyed some of it. I hope the rest of the trip is great. I don't think I would like driving a car over there.
    Jan-You must be happy to have your car back. I am also a morning person, come 6 pm and my eyes automatically close. ;) I think the worst part of the colonoscopy is the prep. I have had two and am not due for another 5-10 years.
    Vix-have fun babysitting.
    Irene-how fun, a pool party. Enjoy.
    Busy week, Wednesday after work I went and had my hair colored and cut. Yesterday I was so tired after work that I took a nap. Today I am trying to play catch up on everything I didn't get done for the past 2 days...laundry and other household chores.
    Prayers for Roger and Mike.
    Have a great weekend and try to stay cool. :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene...a pool party sounds like a great idea for tomorrow...it's going to be so hot!
    Jo, I hope you like your new color and cut. I'm pretty happy with the last one I got. Hope you are able to get in some relaxation time!
    About the colonoscopy...you can skip this.
    The prep for the colonoscopy is awful...I was trying to find out if there was a way I could modify the prep a little, maybe spread it out with less intensity, but no. I am going on a liquid diet the day before the prep day to see if that will make it any easier, and the office said I could take gas pills if I get too bloated the day of. Last time I had a terrible time drinking all that fluid. And the taste of the gator ade was making me gag. I'm going to use smart water this time. Hopefully that will be better when I mix in the Miralax. Yuck...I'm getting sick just thinking about it. :(
    Hi Jan and Val.
    Babysitting was fun last night. Will is such a sweet baby.
    I didn't get a response to the email to the restaurant, so I'll probably call this afternoon, if I don't hear from them by then.
    My seamstress is finished with my dress and will bring it back Sunday afternoon. :)
    I have to get those baby presents wrapped and mailed today, and other household chores, so will keep busy.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    hi all, been a busy day I did get on the treadmill and did 4 miles. I got a new cell phone yesterday I got an s-10 really nice I do use my cell phone a lot gotta go take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    It is currently 91 degrees. I am sitting in my nice air conditioned house.
    Irene-congratulations on the new phone. Is it the one with face recognition?
    Vix-I like my color, but can't seem to get the cut right. It is a work in progress.
    Hi Jan-hope you are staying cool.
    Hi Val.
    I am not doing much today. I feel lazy.
    Have a great evening. :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello,
    Jo, Sounds like a great plan to be "lazy" and enjoy the day! you deserve it!!
    Irene, you sound like you have your phone in stride and figured out!! I am still getting to know mine haltingly a year and a half later.. :D I did trade in my flip phone eventually, lol...
    Vix, you sound like you are enjoying the preps for the wedding! So easy to be stressed, but sounds like you are a good organizer!! Thanks for the info on the colonoscopy. While the prep for it is easier, I did find it seemed a little harsher as I get older! I had pre cancerous polyps removed last year, So I have to do this again in a short time. I have a family history also. Hopefully, I may not be doing this every year!! If I look ood, I may get to go for three years instead.
    You would think I would lose weight to avoid the humiliation, but I am again at my heaviest, regaining my 30 lb. loss. :s
    Prayers for Roger as always. I hope he can make some progress and improvements and he can be feeling a little better.
    We have a cooling streak at 89 and 90 due to so much rain! We are also expecting a cold front giving us low 80's and drier air for a day or two!!! Gratefully, miraculously accepted!!
    My hair will rival Al Sharpton's soon if fall does not come early, lol...
    Take care all!! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Indoor activities for me today. The florist came to my daughter's house with some samples....they were beautiful. Got to spend some time with the family. The bride's mother and I get along so well...we both said we were going to miss these planning get togethers.
    The seamstress is on her way here with my dress, so hopefully that will fit well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone....stay cool!!! (so hot out there, yuck.)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi,
    Can I pretend I am posting early and not late?
    Hope your dress fits well, Vix. Glad you were happy with the flowers! Wonderful that you Mom's get along so well! :)

Beyond tired. Helped a friend with a celebration for her husband who turned 90. We were guests and were going to just watch the trays of food and fill them so they did not run out. Well believe it or not, his daughter in law from a first marriage (his wife had died) planned it and we found out we were serving with plans like we were at the White House. There were like 150 people. She wanted us to walk and fill everything in the kitchen, replacement things prepped by us in advance, so the trays were not empty. There were only 3 of us, so we each made easily 20 trips or more a piece replacing cupcakes, cookies. cheese straws, m&m's, crock pot of smokies and meatballs, cups,napkins, tooth picks, and 2 bowls of punch. Only 1 tray was out at a time with like 10 pieces on it... Mind you I am 66, one lady was 85, and the other is 74. We were on our feet the whole 2 and 1/2 hours and never sat. My 85 year old friend just smiled at me once and said they must have used all the money up on food and decor, and had none left to cater it.. lol...She is nominated for Sainthood!!! I did not mind as I love the B-day guy and wife, but I can not understand just not setting out more at a time, leaving a little back for the last bit. I really think no one would have minded us refilling from a nice platter. About half way thru, I just shook my head. People were afraid to eat because it looked like that might be all with so little put out at a time. The daughter in law never gave a word of welcome. I had to ask her if we were starting due to the hot food, and ended up going around to tables telling them to please join in and enjoy the food. None of us 3 ladies saw a bit of the party we were invited to. :#
    Then I shopped for guest lunch for church Sunday, cooked and did it all again. (With less people than 150 who mostly knew to help themselves, thank goodness...!)
    ...AND my alarm had died and I woke an hour late..missed half of church, and missed small group as I was afraid
    I had left my oven on at the house..Thankfully did not...
    I am officially refusing doing ANYTHING till my colonoscopy....being like tired... :D
    This is where if Roger were here, I would apologize for being long winded...and he would give me therapy, lol!!

I sure miss him!! Hope your pool party went well, Irene!! Sounded like fun!
    Miss you Val!!
    Jo, hope you get a great rest and enjoy your days off...
    Take care all!!!