Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. (Thanks for the prayers).
    Irene, it would be fine to send the cards to the house. I'm sure Mike would be happy to take them in. Are you going to post it here or send us a pm? I'm so glad to hear about any improvement for Roger....that's so good.
    Hi Val and Jo...hope you aren't working too hard!
    Jan, it just seems that things happen in bunches. I'm very busy right now. Today I'll be helping my art teacher gather and label paintings for the county fair. Then this afternoon will be seeing my dentist about the chipped crown. Then after that going over to the fairgrounds to help my teacher get the paintings registered.
    Tomorrow I have acupuncture in the morning, and then going to my gp about my ankle and some other issues. The next few weeks seem to be filled up like that. Since being retired, I'm used to a much more leisurely schedule with only occasional appointments.
    Any way....wishing everyone a happy Thursday. :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good day!!

Today is my day to get some meds filled. By then I may be pooped, lol. As a retired person where does my time go? Can not seem to use my time wisely! :#
    Excited about Roger's liver function being better! Slight improvements are great!! Keep those prayers coming!! <3
    Hoping all news is good news this week.
    Take in the meteor showers! Always fun.
    Take care All!! B)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    Irene-that is good news about Roger. Congrats on losing another lb. and finding 2 cents.
    Vix-Sorry to hear you are having a rash of troubles. I hope things improve soon. Praying for a good outcome on Pete's tests.
    Hi Val-I hope you are not working too hard.
    Jan-I think as we get older it just takes us longer to do things and time gets away from us.
    Remember when you were little and everything seemed to take so long in coming, your birthday, Christmas, the last day of school? Now time seems to fly by, soon it will be fall.
    One more day of work for me and then I am off for 3 days.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, thanks jo. Today I will send Mike a message and get Roger's address . Vix do you think I could just put his address on here or should I send each one of you pm just let me know what you all think no biggie any way we do it. Today I am going back to hospital to help a friend give communion which is fine . Jo is right it seems Van the older we get the longer it takes us to get things done. Hi Val! take care everyone
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I have Roger’s address and will PM everyone. Jan and Roger have years of hearing about my crazy stressfuljob. Tons of unpredictable (unpaid) overtime. Couple that with Duke (dog) needing surgery, teen getting shots for school, both of us getting our eyes checked, and my annual physical. My A1C is excellent at 5.0! Today I resumed my treadmill routine and am restarting keto. Household repairs are just going to wait (we have other sinks and lights). I get very bad anxiety when trades folks need to come to my home. I completely know it’s not hard to schedule and almost all just do the work without causing issue. Logic doesn’t always help anxiety.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Morning!!
    Val, hope it slows down! What is going on with Duke? great A1C!
    Irene, Nice loss!! Nice of you to help give communion too!! Means so much!
    Jo, 3 days off!! Wow!! Enjoy!!
    Vix, hope you hear test results soon, and hope it is good news. Hope things settle down for you!!
    As long as I am sitting in the A/C it looks like fall outside. Leaves dropping like crazy from drought. Al. needs some hurricane rain..Then I go out and it is 95 degrees and I remember it is only Aug. My flowers are about done for the season and seeding already. Ready for fall!!
    Prayers, Roger, Mike, and Pete! <3
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Val-thanks for Roger's address. Congrats on a low A1C.
    I managed to back into the garage door after work today. I chipped a little paint off my car and bent one of the panels on the garage door. Hubby thinks he can fix it. If not we will have to replace the panel. The only excuse I have is that I am still getting use to the backup camera in my new car. :p
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Jo sorry that happened!! I find my camera not as useful as I had hoped. If it is the least bit sunny, I can not see it. Ican not see it with the prescription sunglasses either. My depth perception is really bad, and between all the mirrows showing different perceptions...I never feel too secure. My camera needs a little reallignment to boot..but I always forget. I think it is simple to do!! Hope the damage is minimal!!
  • eku0
    Options
    Hi all,
    Val, thanks for the address. Congrats on your good health report and losing 40 pounds...amazing! :)
    Irene, thanks for doing all this. I'm sure people appreciate your visits too.
    Jo, enjoy your long weekend. I'm sure you'll find something great to do. Sorry about your car and the garage door. I love my backup camera, now that I'm used to it. ;)
    Jan, our flowers are blooming like crazy. We're still getting some rain, and it's not quite as hot here. Hope you're staying cool.
    I went for acupuncture this a.m. and saw my GP today. He said I should probably see the podiatrist about my ankle. I miss the old days when you could just go to one Dr and have him tell you what to do.
    Anyway...Happy Friday night everyone. Have a great weekend. :smiley:
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi. Duke had a small puncture wound...just like Boudreaux had right before vacation. I removed what i think was the culprit...temporary fence around the cucumbers. My dogs go bonkers for cucumbers!
    My best friend (who lives in Indiana) just had surgery to remove kidney stones. I feel helpless so far away in Texas.
    Tomorrow’s my birthday. Will probably go out to dinner with my kiddo. 5quh9n1nt3wa.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Jan-there are just a few scrapes on my car's rear bumper and only one panel of the garage has a small buckle in it.
    Val-sorry to hear about duke, poor baby. I hope he heals quickly.
    Vix-I also miss going to one doctor. I hope the podiatrist can give you answers about your ankle.
    Hi Irene.
    Yesterday we went on the cog rail train that took us up to Mt. Washington in New Hampshire.
    It was 52 degrees on the mountain and very windy. It was a pretty clear day, so hubby and my daughter took lots of pictures. I took a few then my phone died. It has not been staying charged for very long lately. It may be time for a new one. Today I am doing a little housework and relaxing.
    Have a great day! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Val-Happy Birthday! Wishing you a wonderful day!
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    imageproxy.jpg
    Val, hope you have a great birthday. Sorry about Duke...at least you found what caused it, so it won't happen again. Funny, I never heard of dogs liking cucumbers! Best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery.
    Jo, you always find such interesting things to do on your days off! So much fun. I think I need a new phone too. (The GPS stops working when I need it, and the battery runs down quickly).
    Hi Irene and Jan.
    I wrote out the rehearsal dinner invitations yesterday...need to drop them at the PO today. Will see what else the day brings.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning everyone, I didn't have a chance to get on yesterday I was at my church helping to make perogies for the church carnival it is a really big thing here we made 1000 of them . I did get an e-mail from Mike it sounds like one day Roger is doing and the next not so good. Val I hope you had a nice birthday. Vix wow everything is starting to happen fast but it sounds like you got it all under control . Hi jo and Jan sending prayers to all the poor people who have gotten shot in Texas and Ohio
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    I never got Rogers address . not sure if I am looking in the right place can some one tell me where to look?
  • eku0
    Options
    Irene...at the top of this page in the blue line, click on "my home". When you get there, look at the top of the page on the right side across from where it says my fitness pal, and there is an icon for a little envelope. Click on that and it will take you to your messages.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I bought a drain auger and watched a YouTube video...and my clogged drain is now clear...and i put everything back together correctly! It was really easy once you know how. But i never saw it done before. Contemplating whether i think i can replace the light fixture that broke from the ceiling. Currently feeling accomplished. 😁 in addition to my anxiety about strangers in my home, I’m fundamentally cheap. 🤗 frugal.
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Val-Good for you fixing the drain. I am sure you can fix the light fixture also. Isn't YouTube great! My husband uses it all the time to make repairs on his MG.
    Irene- Wow, that is a lot of perogies!
    Hi Vix and Jan.
    Yesterday I washed my car. After the ride to NH, there were bug guts splattered all over the front of the car. I also bought a sunflower plant and put it on the deck. Later that afternoon it attracted a goldfinch to eat its seeds. We usually only get sparrows, blue jays and an occasional cardinal.
    Today on my agenda is going to the gym, getting a pedicure and buying new work shoes.
    Wishing everyone a great week! :)
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Congrats on fixing your drain, Val. The most important thing with the light fixture is to find the right fuse/switch to shut off before working on it!
    Jo, we planted a lot of sunflowers this year...they've sort of overtaken our yard. We get lots of birds...the goldfinches espectially love the sunflowers. The last couple of days we've had some kind of flock of brownish black birds in our yard....they're pushing out the others. Hubby said he would put out more seed after they go.
    Hi Jan and Irene.
    Off to join my future DIL and her Mom for her hair dresser. Should be fun.
    Happy Monday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, vix thanks for the info but there was no address, but Mike sent me the address for the hospital is that the address you all have if not let me know and I will send it. Vix it sounds nice that you all get a long so well. Jo enjoy getting pedicure I love it when I get it done. Val I am so impresses you tube is so awesome to fix things. Hi jan