Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!
    Busy week end with church. I got a little tied up cooking for someone else for guest lunch and serving. I was just plain tired. I visited my daughter's school room too as the kids start coming today.
    Wow!! 1000 pierogies!! I am so impressed- and want one Irene!!! :#
    Val, I hope your B-day was a nice one!!! You are really good at doing home repairs!! That is so great!! My cable guy is coming tomorrow to fix my intermittent internet issues. Of course it is in the room totally torn apart. I have one bag of clothes for donations and one bag of spring cleaning trash. This is due to me procrastinating to clean the modem room, as I just found the petrified remains of the lizard I never found. Have I mentioned I hate Al. bugs and creepies. I do not mind the lizards- I would rather encounter them alive however. Hate people coming to my house too for repairs! Smooch Duke for me!! Glad it was not worse, though that is quite a "scratch!!"
    Jo, you do do fun things on your off days!! Sounded wonderful!! So does your sunflower and birds!
    Vix, sounds like you have a great yard!! I love sunflowers!! They are like daisies!! Happy!!
    Absolutely terrible about these shootings. You would think such tragedies would inspire some protections by now.
    It would be better to try something and change it than to do nothing. Mental Health here Al. and U.S. is so underfunded, undertrained and understaffed. Just hardly words...
    Prayers for the whole situation. Also for Roger. I just wish he was stable enough to be able to get home.
    Take care all! <3
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Hi Irene
    I sent you an email with Roger's address.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    Irene, we have his home address....I'd appreciate if you would send the hospital address. Might be nice for him to get some cards there.
    Jan, nice of you to do so much for the church, and the people there. Good luck with the cable guy and getting your internet fixed. I agree...we need better gun laws, and better mental health facilities. (My yard is very small, but filled with flowers!)
    Hi Jo and Jan.
    I had a fun day. Tomorrow will take my car in for the recall, and the rest of the week should be a breeze.
    Wishing everyone an easy week. :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    My visit to Ireland made me want to have a divers garden of greeery and flowers. Then I realized that I’m not good with plants...so I should try to keep one plant alive before getting a bunch.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning, vix sent the hospital address to you , but I was speaking to Rogers brother Mike and he said he thinks the dr might want to transfer Roger to like a nursing home or some where he can get more care I will let you know if I hear any thing since this is a basic address I could just post it here if any one else wants the hospital address. Jo thank you for sending me Rogers home address . Wow Jan you do so much for the church I am sure they apricate it. take care everyone
  • Buttons61
    I have been sending to Roger's house. I guess I will wait and see if he gets moved. Sounds like Roger might not be strong enough for rehab? I wonder if he still has the breathing tube..Someone may have posted and I have forgotten.
    I am not being humble, but at this church I am the" least of a servant!" (Other than those who never do, lol!) So many people have done great things. (like build churches, colleges, minister to other countries, start foundations, ect. They have grown up for generations together and share history. I am kind of ready to not volunteer as much and do some things for me. I may not volunteer with the most joyful of hearts. I do not want to not do, but feeling the pinch of getting old and weary. I really need my alone time (Practically unheard of in the deep South) and would like to read more and get back to playing my piano, and all the things I put off thru the last 30 years or so of volunteering. Which people here did not share in so kind of not in my "credits". I really struggle with this. If I would lose this weight and not keep rollercoastering I know it would ease some of the difficulty. Thinking I have been overweight for like 55 years and thin about 11 years, lol.. :D
    My group is in their 70's and 80's so not so much sympathy since I am but 66. They can run some circles around me for energy and giving!! :)
    I guess most of you are a little younger..and I should be lining up energy wise with you all, though, lol!!
    Now if I can just get up and finish cleaning! o:)
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Got the recall on my car fixed this morning. Waiting for my grandson to wake up from his nap, and maybe we'll go over to the county fair.
    Val, haha...good not to buy too many plants if you're unsure whether you can keep them alive.
    Irene, I guess I'll wait til we know if Roger is staying in the hospital, or just continue to send cards to his home.
    Jan, I don't think Roger is ready for rehab. And you do plenty. Sometimes it's important to put yourself first. You're not old. Take some time to just enjoy what you enjoy.
    Hi Jo.
    Wishing everyone a happy Tuesday.
  • hope4change_val
    Hi all!
    Jan - you can’t pour from an empty cup. Taking care of yourself is important and necessary.
    It’s Tuesday and I’ve already logged 30 hours this week. Lots to do but nothing bad. Sorry so brief.
    Take care, val
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Jan Roger has tracheotomy the one that they put a hole at the base of his neck. I couldn't remember so I asked Mike and that is what he said . He didn't go to the hospital yesterday so I have no news, Vix you are right I don't believe Roger is in very good shape. Jan you do so much more than I do, I also am amazed about the women in my church now these ladies are in there 80s and so much energy they run circles around me and I am only 63 . Well today is Wednesday so today I go to Deborah hospital to give communion I always come away feeling so blessed. Vix I am just going to send the cards to Rogers house so Mike can take them to him and read them to him but if anyone wants hospital address just let me know. Jo you must be busy working. Ok what is divers garden Jan? take care everyone
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Irene, thanks for keeping in close touch with Mike and letting us know how things are going. It's wonderful that you found a way to help others that also makes you feel good.
    I usually try to find helpful things that don't require a long term committment...like helping my art teacher with the fair. She's in her 80s. When the fair is over, I will go back and help her gather all the paintings from her classes, pack them up and load them into her car or probably my car and take them back to the Senior center. It makes me feel good to help her.
    Went to the chiropractor this morning, and have a massage scheduled for this afternoon. A little pampering will be nice. :)
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    I totally forgot about the actual wedding rehearsal being on Thursday evening, and I'll be picking my sister up at the airport Thursday afternoon (of course the opposite direction!), so I'll probably have to hustle to get to the rehearsal on time. So much for not rushing around! Everything else is going surprisingly well. (Knock wood!)
    So happy my cleaning person is coming today. My art class is cancelled with the teacher being at the county fair, and she cancelled next week to recuperate.
    Glad I have nothing else scheduled for today...I get to spend some time with my daughter and grandson. Yay! :)
    Happy Thursday, everyone . :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, wow the wedding came up so fast. Vix I am sure you are going to have a great time. I never realized your art teacher was older that is so nice that you help her. I did get an e-mail from Mike they had there conference call with the dr. Rogers sister and lawyer was also on the call . They are going to put him on Diltiazem(Cardizem) it is suppose to regulate his heart. Mike says he was not responsive while he was there. but he feels it vary. from day to day. Roger still has an resistant to infection in his lungs. I don't thinks are looking all that great but you ladies know I don't know much about all the medical stuff. now for some happy stuff. I have reached my weight goal but decided I want to lose another 10 pounds at least. I have finally reached not being over weight on the bmi chart. hi jo, jan and val
  • Buttons61
    Good day!!
    Irene, good for you reaching your goal weight!! That is such a remarkable accomplishment!!! I know it took a lot of discipline and hard work!!
    Vix, so wonderful you get to have your grandson to stay! Weddings are sure hard on all the details, but so so beautiful!! Enjoy!!
    Jo, hope your work days are going well!!
    Val, you are so right..Need to enjoy more of my time.
    I think Val was the diver's garden...not too sure on that either!! Either it is something special or short for diverse?
    Prayers for Roger continue. I guess I have an accurate picture...just wanting more.. <3
    Take care all!
  • hope4change_val
    Hi all. I had no internet for a couple days. AT&T dug a trench on my property right next to my cable/electric input and severed my cable line while they were installing the neighbor’s fiber optic.
    Sad for Roger-lung infections are hard to treat and hard to go through...especially since he’s bedridden.
    Congrats Irene on hitting goal weight!!!
    Since vacation I’ve still been eating everything in sight. Need to get back on track.
    I probably did say something about Irish gardens being more diverse. I post from my phone so sometimes my fat fingers hit unintended letters.
  • eku0
    edited August 2019
    Good morning.
    Irene!!! Congrats on reaching your goal weight!!! That's super! I haven't done that in decades. I sure hope Roger starts doing better.
    Jan, I am very lucky that my daughter lives around the corner. I love seeing them. I'm getting as much time in as I can before my daughter goes back to work, and my grandson off to daycare. I know we all wish Roger's condition will improve soon.
    Val, we are so used to having internet that it's really disconcerting when it's not there! Good luck getting back on track. As to diverse gardens...there are some perennial bulbs and things that you can plant in the Fall, and there are always seeds to plant in the Spring. If you mix perennials and annuals, your garden can look different every year with less work than only annuals.
    Hi Jo, hope you have the weekend off and you're not working too hard.
    I need to organize my thoughts today! The wedding is Sept 1, so it's not here yet, but coming up soon. The actual rehearsal is Thursday, Aug 29, and the rehearsal dinner is Aug 31. People are starting to respond to the rehearsal dinner invitations, so that's moving along. I think I need to put things on my calendar, and make a list of what else I need to do.
    Wishing you all a happy Friday. :smile:
    Prayers for Roger and Mike.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, not good news for Roger he is on oxy @ 100% they wanted to do a chest scan but he is too unstable to do it. he is being treated for ards which means he is having problems absorbing oxygen through his lungs, he is become hypo thermic so they are heating things up with a blanket. Dr talking in reference to a dnr order which means if gets worse no new protocol just the things he is on now. I hope this makes since pretty I typed everything Mike has sent me poor Roger hoping he gets better. Oh vix I thought you meat this weekend and sounds like a good plan to make a list,so nice you get to visit with the baby. val sorry about your internet it is hard when we loose it. jan sometimes we just need to take time for ourselves. hi jo
  • Buttons61
    Good morning,
    Sorry for the news on Roger. Ards is not good...Sounds like not good news all the way around. My heart just goes out to Mike too. That tumor was just so large and intertwined. Too much time to not due damage. Hopefully his pain management is spot on. :/ Prayers for both.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-congratulations on reaching your goal. :)
    Val-Sorry about your internet. It is amazing how much we depend on it.
    Vix-Wow, the wedding is coming up fast. Baby time...priceless!! :)<3
    Hi Jan.
    I am so sad that Roger doesn't seem to be improving. I will continue to pray.
    The sunflower plant that I bought last week got eaten by I believe were squirrels. I came home to just stems and what was left of the flowers all over the deck. I guess I will have to google what kind of plants that squirrels do not like and get those instead. :(
    Have a great weekend.
  • hope4change_val
    Vix- i live by lists...I’m sure everything will go well. Enjoy the time with your daughter and grandson. Thanks for reminding me about perennials...i love them!
    Irene - thanks for the update. Very sad. Such a wonderful man to be going through this.
    Joanne - sorry critters ate your flowers. But thanks for giving them a meal with good protein.
    Jan - ❤️
    Today was my baby’s orientation for 11th grade. Then I bought us new phones because hers didn’t have service and Virgin Mobile was no help, but kept billing me. I’m really struggling with so many passwords. Brain gaps. 😬☹️
  • hope4change_val
    Two days ago the scale reminded me that when I eat everything I want including a batch of cookies in 2 days, I will gain weight. Yesterday I ate healthfully and am downnone pound. I needed that wake up call (even though i knew that premise without it.