Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Wow, so strange to see a picture of Roger after all these years. He does rather look as I pictured though. Thank you for making it available, Party animal. Beans for 50..wow there too!
    Val, hope you feel better! Sinus infections are no fun, as you know unfortunately. Poor Oscar. That must have been a terrible night!! He is lucky he has you for his Mom.
    May used to go out even is it was lightening thru her doggie door when she used it. I would have to get her in and shut it till the storm was over. She has gotten more clingy now though. She cracks me up though. If she does not want to do something, she just looks the other way and tunes me out completely. No mistaking that "no ma'm!"
    Vix, glad the podiatrist helped you so much. At least you went in before the wedding!
    Jo..you are inspiring!! Keep it up!
    Continue to have a great week end!! :)
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,705 Member
    Options
    The pool party was great! I had NO baked beans to bring home.

Just on a side note...it's true that broken cookies have no calories, right? Asking for a friend...who might, just maybe, have eaten a broken cookie or two at a pool party...

:wink:
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for Roger’s photo! It’s good to see him after knowing him for years. πŸ’›
    Pool party sounds great! Your friend should be fine with those broken cookies. πŸ˜‰
    I’m bedridden with fever and super dizzy. Even getting to restroom is difficult because so dizzy. Didn’t have time for doctor Friday. I work from home so I keep germs to myself.
    When Oscar panics like that I wouldn’t be able to put a shirt on him...he’s just too powerful. The doc prescribed CBD oil for him (before storms or fireworks). There is no way I can get medication into him once he is already panicked. He has absolutely no aggression, but his fear reaction is becoming dangerous to both him and me. He runs into the sliding glass patio door, and everything. I lasso him with a leash and then just hug him; dragging me around slows him down which prevents him injuring himself but there is nothing that comforts him except when the noises stop. ☹️ yes, that sounds crazy. But when he’s not in that state, he’s a wonderful loving doggo.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    partyanimal- thanks for the picture of Roger. It was nice to see his face after all these years. :)
    Of course broken cookies have no calories! ;)
    Val-Sorry you still aren't feeling well. Poor Oscar.
    Jan-I know that look well. :) It is like if I don't look at you, you can't see me. Animals are funny.
    Irene-I am sure you enjoyed your pool time yesterday. Does Annie go in the pool?
    Vix-I am glad the brace and exercise seem to be helping. How was the pool party?
    Hubby and I went out to dinner last night. We had Italian food. The restaurant serves huge portions. We brought the leftovers home and made seven more meals. Hubby is set for the week for lunch.
    Today I am going hiking at Blue Hills Reservation with my daughter.
    Enjoy your day! :)

• parityanimal
    Options
    At least I didn't take home any leftover cookies from the pool party.

One of the hosts offered two, unopened boxes of tasty, chocolate chunk cookies, saying, "If you take those home, would you eat them?" I replied that, yes, I WOULD eat them, which was why I wasn't going to take them home!

I think they worked out the idea to take them to church (after church coffee) or to work Monday to share. Better than my taking them home!

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    pa...it was nice to see a picture of Roger, I didn't picture him at all like that. Funny with your broken cookies, but good job not taking them home! Also nice to see you here with us.
    Jo, good job taking your yummy Italian food home with you. Your hike sounds wonderful, have fun.
    Val, is there a doggie version of CBD oil? That might help if you know a storm's coming, but I know the human versions are very expensive. Hope you're feeling better.
    Jan, sounds like you've had May for a long time...that's nice, she sounds like a wonderful companion.
    Irene, so lucky to have a pool! Enjoy.
    We had a good time at the pool party yesterday. It was just two other couples and one of their grown sons. It was great being able to cool off in the pool, and they grilled some steaks for dinner. I haven't had beef in a long time, and it was delicious! And it's always fun to spend time with good friends.
    No special plans for today...will see what the day brings.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    good morning, Val I have heard of the cbd oil and it really helps them . Annie doesn't get it that bad the poor pups. Jan I think our dogs rule the house hold . Wow val I am so sorry you are so sick hope you can get to the drs you might need some meds to get over it. Speaking of meds I am finally over my chiggers they were horrible .now I know how our animals feel when they get fleas. Party animal you did good turning down the cookies I am the same way if I brought those cookies home I know I would of eaten them. Vix the pool party sounded nice. We did get to enjoy our the pool we plan on doing it again today. Jo Annie has her own little pool since ours is above ground it would be too hard for her to get in and out of the pool.Val is Oscar a big dog ? Annie is a German short hair pointer and she weights about 75 pounds. hope everyone has an awesome Sunday
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I must say, it sure sounds nice when when Irene and Vix talk about pool parties!! I miss having one. For a good while I had an above ground pool for the grandkids, and enjoyed it. I kept having smaller ones after my ex-husband left as I could not get it emptied and put up easily by myself. Finally that seemed too much. With the humidity and over 100 temps..I have to say..the thought is again becoming attractive! I bought May a wading pool. She appears afraid of water, lol...some great sporting dog, lol... :)<3
    I was assured the key lime pie I wanted was hardly any calories cuze it is so soft and jello like. I am sure the broke cookies are the same!! Great move not taking leftover home if it is not a protein or fruit/veg!!
    Jo, love the hikes you are doing! 7 meals from the restaurant is awesome!!! I am impressed!!
    Val, so sorry you are that sick. You need to see if you can sign up for that on line service. My daughter uses it for chronic things like when she has asthma problems starting. The on line doc can just call in what she needs after her charts have been reviewed and accepted as accepted treatment for chronic issues. It is covered by insurance and her pharmacy delivers. Really handy when it is of course..Friday nite or the week end!. She never has to wait on her steroid or go the ER or a doc in the box. It is kind of cool!! I hope you feel better soon!! Sinus problems are terrible!!
    Love your thoughts Party Animal!! Made me smile! :#
    Everyone have a good Monday!!....Val, hope you gets some meds!! (hug!)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    The cats are fed and meds given. I have removed all furniture from the dining room and washed the floor, just waiting for it to dry, so I can wax it. I have very old hardwood floors that are in dire need of a facelift. I have also cleaned the cat box, washed the breezeway floor and cooked spaghetti squash. I guess today will be a cleaning day since I seem to have a lot of energy. So much for a day off! :)
    When the kids were small we had an above ground pool. Once they got into high school they
    didn't use it. I sometimes miss it, but not the maintenance.
    Well, back to cleaning. Have an awesome day! :)
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Howdy. It's marvelous Monday! Not a lot on my agenda for today. I did a little bit of shopping yesterday (that took a lottle bit of money) so I am OK on groceries for a minute at least. And I got some nice beef patties with bacon and cheddar built in, on sale in the manager's special (i.e. we need to get rid of this before the sell by date) section. They will each be nice sandwiched between two slices of high fiber, low net-carb bread (two slices is only one carb serving) as something like patty melts.

I might yet see the right side of 200 pounds this year, if I can manage to resist broken cookies. There IS another pool party planned for Labor Day, and I will be making another huge pan of baked beans for it.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Irene, so glad your chigger bites are healed. Yay!
    Jan, we had an above ground pool too when my kids were still in school. It was nice. I may join a gym so I can use a pool again. It's really good exercise.
    Jo....you are a whirlwind! You get all that done while I seem to be getting my coffee! :smiley: Try to get some chance to relax at least part of the day!
    pa, good for you for getting some bargains! Good luck with the weight loss!
    Val, hope you are feeling better.
    I have a massage scheduled for this morning. Partly cloudy day expected today with a high of 93, possibility of a stray shower or t-storm. There was a huge t-storm last night, close by lighting strikes that rumbled through the house.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new week. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    Good Morning all, I just got done mowing the yawn and it is hot out side. I also did my 5 miles on the treadmill I will be spending the afternoon in the pool. Jan if you lived closer you would be welcomed to the pool. The Dr on line sounds like a good thing especially how poor Val works ,val I hope you are starting to feel better. Jo just reading about all the house work you have gotten done makes me tired. Well Pa good luck on the weight loss we all know how hard it is. Vix enjoy your massage sounds so good every one have a great Monday. We have a heat wave going on here in nj. It is only 11:25 and it is already 88 degrees
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Well gosh, we all seem to have an energy spurt whether large or small!! (Val, hopeful you just got some antibiotics!!). Even I, queen of slowness in the morning, was out to get to the mailbox early and send some cards. I still need to stop by the bank but I do not want to totally shock my system by doing too much too early! I wish I had Jo's energy!! With 2 cups of half caff I barely break even, lol.. :D
    I can always tell how I am doing on my journey by looking at my dog! She is looking a little pudgy so we both need to do better. Luckily..I am craving salad and more veggies with the heat!!
    I would be a good neighbor and not be there all the time floating im your pool if I was your neighbor, Irene!! :#
    Pa, deals can really make a difference in our food bill! I like catching them too!!
    Vix, my mop has been sitting in the kitchen for 2 days now contemplating the floor I was going to wash and ran out of time. Enjoy your massage, glad the storm was just noisey!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Doctor can’t see me until tomorrow afternoon. I’m miserable.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, today I am going to Costco today I have some things to return. Val hope you start to feel better. Jan you would be always welcome I did spend some time in the pool yesterday until it started to storm but it didn't last long just a lot of noise. take care all
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's terrific Tuesday!

I have eaten, and I have given the oldest cat her weekly Tuesday shot. She, and the other three, are not yet threatening to eat me but I do need to get them fed by 10:00 at the latest.

A bit cooler here today than it has been, with a good chance of afternoon/evening rain. Hopefully I will be able to get an afternoon nap in, since I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, and the youngest cat insisted it was time to get up a bit before I was really ready. LOL.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    Options
    Hi all.
    Glad you've joined us, Ed. :) It was hot as heck here today...nice that you got some cooler air.
    Irene, that was a lot of exercise yesterday! I returned some things to Boscov's for my daughter today. Easier than it used to be.
    Val, I hope you are resting. Guess you saw the doc today...hope you are feeling better.
    Jan, I've been meaning to clean the bathrooms since Sunday...hopefully I get to them tonight or tomorrow.
    Hi Jo. Hope you're not working too hard!
    Busy day for me. I finished my poppy stained glass piece, worked on some clay, spent time with family. Tomorrow's busy too. Dr. appt early in the a.m. (well woman visit). And getting my hair color touched up too.
    Hope everyone had a great day! :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    I am going to say good morning as you may be reading this on Weds.!
    Val, hope you are feeling a little better if medicated and was able to see the doctor. Hope work is not piling up and you get some sympathy there!! (hugs).
    Vix, Sounds like a wonderful day with favorite activities!
    Jo if I did all those things you did on your days off..I probably could not move to get up work! LOL!
    Hi! PA hope you are doing well..Is this Ed?
    Irene, hope you and the others are not getting storms today. The North looked like it.
    I went with 2 friends from church who treated me to lunch and a movie, late B-day present...we are all so slow, lol. I was good. Nice salad on tract, no goodies at the show. Told them they were in trouble as we went to see That Learning to Run in the Rain. From the producers of Marley and Me. Good, but I cried. Getting up at like 5 am ish to go to my son's to babysit my son's house. They are at work, and they are having a couple of windows replaced. Gosh, me up that hour..it's daunting, lol!! :D Take care!!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Very sick. On antibiotics.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Mornin’. Rough night while my body expelled sinus-rocks all night. Feeling relieved that sinuses should recover. My job is in a particularly challenging phase. Emily started school on Monday.
    Happy day to all!