Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!!
    Wow Irene..57 degrees. That sound so nice! when does it get too cold to swim? The water can feel really cold here when the air temp drops for fall. Ed your cats sound like a hoot! I would love to get one, but May's prey drive is a little strong..I would be afraid she would eat it! May looks around sometimes at nothing and freaks me out in the house, lol...Vix, nothing is a reminder I am getting less energetic than chasing kids, lol...Good luck this week and enjoy!! Seems like the time went fast preparing for the wedding!! Val, it is so wonderful you get to hear you are well thought of. Sometimes your superiors do not echo that..and they should. Wow on the classes. I was not that good in math so that load would have been impossible for me! Hope her teacher are good and can interact well. That can be a make or break too. Jo, the trend now is to keep that pressure very low. What was your B/P running before the meds? I know I feel kind of too tired if the B/P drops to below 120 over 70. Also there are articles that show older people do not really do too well with too low a blood pressure. However I do not think you are quite in that category! :# I took Lisinopril for about a year. I had developed a habitual clearing of my throat and then a slight cough. Drove my co workers (nurses) a little crazy. I thought it was allergies. Actually was a side effect of the Lisinopril. So watch for that if you are on it longer term. I hope you can get off the meds too. No fun!! Camomile tea can bring mine down quicker than clonidine which they give in the ER routinely when needed. Of course it tastes like drinking grass. But if you can get off your meds, would be good to stay off. Every one is different though. I have been on B/P meds for about 30 years. Weight and heredity. My B/P can run 280/110 if a med stops working and I need to find another mix. (Probably TMI, but May doesn't discuss these things, lol!) :D
    Shopping for small group lunch and dog treats (most important!) .....Take care all!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi all! I’m about 85% better, which i GREAT compared with how far down i got before getting to the doctor. I really waited too long. Yesterday he added prednisone to my meds to reduce sinus swelling to get everything out.
    Emily is a junior. She really wants to take this heavy load...so...hoping it works for her.
    Since I’ve been sick and working stupid hours since returning from ireland...the house has just suffered. I hadn’t mowed, my light fixture is still hanging from the ceiling, etc. and today I discovered the water heater is leaking badly! So I have a plumber coming Monday.
    Today I worked from 3am to noon. Then got em a desk, chair, and organizational stuff from Ikea. She assembled everything herself!!! I picked up groceries (Walmart did the shopping and brought to the car!), and got my osteopenia meds refilled. Went to sears for the water heater but they no longer sell them. Then moved furniture, cooked lunch and dinner, mowed the front and side yards, added softener salt, and now I’m resting. I need to work all day tomorrow! And need to mow back yard and clean the floors. Take stuff to Goodwill. Ugh.
    I love it when I’m off all meds, but i had my ovaries out in 2003 so I’m already approaching osteoporosis, so I will take this for two years...and it causes horrific heartburn so I’m on a ulcer prevention med too. For the sinus infection, on antibiotics, pred, budesonide, pseudofed, and musinex. I’m grateful for them...but look forward to being done.
    Sorry so wordy. 😬
  • hope4change_val
    aajxf57n50bb.jpeg
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    Today my daughter and I are going to see the Downton Abby Exhibit in Boston. We are going early, so we can walk around and my daughter can take pictures. She is an amateur photographer.
    Val-you must be feeling better to do all that you did yesterday. I got tired just reading about it. It is amazing what we can do when we have to. Congrats! Love the analogy. Good luck with the repairs. We have replaced the water heater in our house 3x in 30 years. Life expectancy is 7-10 years.
    Jan- my BP was running about 130/80. I was taking my BP at the gym after a workout. I don't think that was a good idea. It always runs a little high when I go to the Dr. Hubby calls it white coat syndrome. :) I have been monitoring my BP for the last 3 days and it has been in the 120/70 range. I have not taken any meds for the last 2 days. I will continue for a few more days before I call the Dr. I have been feeling less tired and achy since I stopped taking the meds.
    I got a nice card from Mike yesterday with a prayer card of Roger.
    Hi Vix,Irene and Ed.
    Enjoy your day! :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,273 Member
    Howdy. It's sumptuous Sunday! Significantly cooler today, with 30% chance of AM showers. I can definitely go with that forecast! I think I will get out to the store today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,354 Member
    Good morning.
    Hi Irene...it's been cooler here too, I didn't realize it was down into the 50s at night, but starting to warm up again.
    Jan, those are some swings in your BP. That must be scary, when you have to change meds.
    Val, wow...no wonder you're exhausted. Way too much to do! I tried hormone replacement once, but gave it up (after a few months). It made me crazy and I got GURD. The crazy went away when I stopped taking it, but it took me a year to get rid of that heartburn.
    Jo, how was the Downton Abby exhibit? What were they displaying? Your BP sounds pretty good. :)
    Ed, enjoy the cooler weather, and your trip to the store.
    Doing some housework today, and have to return some sneakers I bought online.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,159 Member
    good morning, wow you all sound so busy . Val you must be feeling a lot better that is a lot of work you have done. Isn't there anyone around that can help you? Jo I also received a card from Mike yesterday the prayer card is really nice. I know he mention he didn't have everyone's address I couldn't help him with that because I didn't have addresses either. It is still on the cooler side here more like fall weather which is fine with me because I like fall also. Jan I do have a heater for the pool and it is nice we do use it a lot not sure if we will have time to go in it today . We normally go for a ride on Sunday's Jo hope the exhibit was nice. hey ED
  • hope4change_val
    Today I feel seriously sick. No energy.
    Jan and Roger have heard about my ridiculous job. They have reqs to higher more people in that department. But short answer: No...nobody will help.
    Joanne- so happy for you the see Downton Abbey exhibit! Enjoy ! I really hope it vomes to Texas.
  • Buttons61
    Hi All!
    I did not even realize there was a Downton Abbey exhibit! How interesting! Guess I need to google that!! Such a great show, I can not wait to see that too. It really struck chord with so many people!
    Val, you will catch up! Take some mini breaks as you can and eat healthy to cope with the stress!
    I keep thinking about getting a jacuzzi..but I am kind of leary of flesh eating bacteria and algae born illness no matter how careful...the South seems rampant... :#
    I love fall! Ready for cider and pumpkin and acorn squash! And firepits! :)
    Irene, We loved doing drives when I was little. I miss that! Not sure a lot of people do that anymore.
    We are a little cooler, Ed, too! For the south anyway! I had an inch and an eighth on Friday and a glorious rain tonite. Too lazy to check the gauge tonite and too dark.
    Vix, that is kind of awful it took that long to clear up your heartburn. You have to love the Pharmaceuticals curing one drug with another and giving you side effects to perpetuate the cycle. On the other hand there are many drugs to be thankful for. Mixed blessings!
    Jo, hope your B/P stays down. What a great place to take pics for your daughter. Bet they turned out some neat shots!!
    Take care all!! :) Have a great Monday!!
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, wow can't believe the change of our weather here it is like 57 outside the high is like 72 usually a lot warmer. Well today I am going to get my nails done they sure need it .Val hope you get more help take a big breath hopefully you can get back to feeling better. I think I am the only one that hasn't seen down town Abby. take care all
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,109 Member
    Good morning;
    Downton Abby was good. They had the kitchen set up and the dining room. There was a room with all the costumes, a showcase of some of the jewelry worn in the show and a few rooms with large screens where you could watch clips of the show. Here are a few photos.
    nee3a95oh2tk.jpg
    xf78w6j3bc1y.jpgxrbbra7hjc3a.jpg

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo. that's so cool. Your daughter takes nice pictures. That kitchen pic is great! I loved the costumes the women wore. So glad you got to see that with your daughter. :)
    Irene, it's warming up here , supposed to go up to 79 today and then 80s later in the week.
    Have fun getting your nails done. :)
    Jan, I love Fall too. (I usually get side effects from meds, which is why I try to avoid them). We had an outdoor hot tub at my old house, but you do have to take care of it and clean it often and keep it covered when not in use. I don't really miss it. Now I just take a regular soak in my tub, when I want. I put in Epsom salts or some other bath salts and just relax in the hot water which is just about as good (and much easier!)
    Val, sorry you feel so ill....I think you do too much when you're not feeling well. Maybe you could get some help with the chores around the house, or maybe you could let some things go until you feel better. Please try to get some R&R. Your health should be priority #1. Hope you feel better soon.
    Ed, hope you had a good trip to the store.
    I did a lot yesterday...ran some errands, got those sneakers returned to the store, caught up on paying my bills, balanced the check book, made some almond pulp cookies, did some laundry. I have a 4 hour dental appointment this afternoon. I chipped a crown and the tooth next to it, so they will both need new crowns. I am not looking forward to sitting there that long, but it will be nice once they're fixed.
    Have a happy Monday, everyone...enjoy the cooler weather while it's here. :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy. It's marvelous Monday! Still cooler here (relatively speaking anyway) with 40% chance of rain. I got some of the groceries yesterday, including some hard to find vegetarian "oyster" sauce at an international market. I had been putting off going to that market because it is always WAY too peoply and I did get a headache while in there. There was one other item I never did find but I gave up, bought what I had in the cart, and puttered on to the Aldi near our home, where I picked up most of the rest of what was needed. If I go today, it will be either a short trip to the nearby Publix or, perhaps, a somewhat longer one to Ingles, or the even longer trek to Kroger. Or I may just stay home and wait until tomorrow.

Why vegetarian "oyster" sauce? Because I am an omnivore but I am married to an ovo-lacto vegetarian. I do most of the cooking, and we love Thai food, which tends to use more oyster sauce than soy sauce. We like other Asian cuisine as well. It's easy enough to substitute fried tofu for the meat, when I make it, but things like oyster sauce, or fish sauce for that matter, have to be found in vegetarian forms if I want a more authentic flavor for some dishes. In a pinch, soy sauce may be used but it just doesn't come out the same.

I have already had to clear a clog in the air conditioner drain this morning. I believe they deliberately put extra sideways bends in the route from the AC to the main drain, just to make it difficult for the home owner to work on that without the $180 service call. I always pay close attention to what any repair people do in our home.

And the poor, STARVING, cats need to be fed soon. LOL.

But first, another mug of tea.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Buttons61
    I am right with the marvelous Monday. This is my rest day to recover from church, lol..We had what turned out to be a rather huge buffet type lunch for small group. Seems everyone wanted to cook. Never my finest hour for portion control, and we had a birthday cookie in addition to some other homemade desserts. We are all too good of cooks and Southern dishes tend to be carby here. I could have done worse however. Then I met a friend for supper. I wish I could change the day as it means that Sunday is even longer! I I was not hungry!! It is her only good day though and we meet only about once a month. I slept in today and caught up and finished cleaning the kitchen. It has been a great day to just lounge with a grateful May May and be home!!! Yay!!. Rained more than 3/4's the day to the tune of 3 and a half inches in the last 2 days!! So grateful!!
    Beautiful pictures, Jo! Good to know about the jacuzzi Vix! I bet I would regret the extra cleaning!! Even if I think I won't! Hope the dentist went well!! Ed, sounds like those cats may rule!! (as they should, being regal and all!! :# ). Irene, hope your day was relaxing and peaceful! Val, hope you are feeling better!!
    Take care all!! <3
  • hope4change_val
    $4,000 of plumbing repairs including a new water heater. 😬
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, today is going to be an easy day I just need to mow the yawn . It is going to be nice to do yard work it is still cool here on our walk (3:30 am)it was only 57 oh well I believe it is suppose to warm up by the weekend. Wow Val that's a lot of money but not too much you can do about it. Hope you are feeling a little better. Jan you sure are busy but it sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Jo the pictures are awesome .Vix hope every thing goes good at the dentist. Wow Ed enjoy your cooking my husband eats vegetarian food all the time mostly veggie burgers oh I did make him a dish that had all veggies in it with pasta shells it is really good. well take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Howdy. It's terrific Tuesday! Still a bit on the cooler side but creeping upwards again. I think I can stay home today and, hopefully, get a nice nap. Woke up around 2:00 with an awful headache and feeling all sweaty. Might have had a bit of a sugar crash. At any rate, I took two extra strength acetaminophen caplets and managed to get back to sleep, after noticing and cleaning up a small CATastrophe in the bathroom, by virtue of seeing Kiara as she attempted to bury it. Not really a big deal, as Lilo, the oldest (at 16 1/2) does have occasional accidents, but rather annoying at that hour of the morning. Kudos to Kiara I guess since she helpfully alerted me to it, though I would have noticed it eventually this morning anyway.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, I'm enjoying the cooler weather too. Have a nice relaxing day. The dentist visit was long, but everything went fine, thanks.
    That's a big bill, Val, but water heaters and plumbing are both very expensive....hopefully the fixes will last you a good long time.
    Jan, sounds like you enjoyed your Sunday, even though there was too much good food! Always nice to catch up with friends.
    Ed, it's kind of a challenge with special diets, but can also bring out one's creativity. ;)
    My husband has celiac disease, so gluten free, and I have been cutting down on processed food and sugar, grains, nightshades, additives and preservatives, etc due to multiple autoimmune issues. I think I am down to just mustard, organic tart cherry juice, and shelled nuts for packaged goods, although I am noticing that the organic chicken sometimes has an additive like vinegar in it( not a problem, but I wonder why).
    Hi Jo!
    I have an appt with the podiatrist this morning, so I'm skipping my classes for today. I'll see what the rest of the day brings.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • hope4change_val
    Plumbing failed inspection. More work and more inspections.
    The antibiotic and pred make me sick but do apoear to be killing the infection.
    Work is off-the-rails.
    I just want sleep.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Aw Jan sorry it failed inspection hopefully they can fix the problems without costing you too much time and money . But on the bright side at least your infection is clearing up. Vix hope your visit with the podiatrist went well. Hey Ed it could of been worst you could of stepped in it ,hope your headache is gone. Hi jo and Val