Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    So glad Annie is home! Continued prayers!! Those meds may work wonders with rest! Hope so!! <3
    Vix, what a week end! Congratulations to the whole family!! Val, Rest as you can!! Ed..I do not envy your walking!! The rest sounds fun!! Looks like you may get some rain!! Jo you posted as I wrote!! Hope you get some rest and a day off!! Saw post!!! Lots of days off!!!! Yay!!! :#
    Have a good and safe Labor Day weekend!! <3
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    I’m Still dragging along. Weaning off pred. I swell like a blowfish.

Is Annie’s heart disease congenital? She’s quite young. I hope the medicine helps. And hope the cost is reasonable.
    Tramadol for my Oscar jumped from $27 to $76 for 3 weeks. Plus he’s on about $100 of CBD oil monthly. He’s weaker and sometimes struggling to walk, but has the happiest of tails...and he’s always been the best listener.

Weddings are an exciting step. Wish the couple and their families a happy life!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    My daughter and I went for a 5 mile hike. We saw a deer in the woods, every exciting! We usually only see squirrels and chipmunks.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    Happy September Sunday! Still at the con. Not much to say about that today but that the downtown mall food court is pandemonium!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    happy labor day, well we ended taking Annie to the er again yesterday they did say the meds are helping her heart rate and took more xrays and put her on anxiety med to try and calm her down even though she is 13 years old still a lot of energy. I think I need some also. I just can't concentrate on any thing take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Happy Labor day!
    Irene-praying for Annie and you. I hope the anxiety meds help. Is heart disease common in this breed of dog?
    Ed-sounds like you are enjoying the Con.
    Vix-How was the wedding? I am sure you will need a few days to recover.
    Hi Jan and Val.
    This morning hubby pruned some of the trees in the back yard. My job was to haul the branches to one side of the yard. Hubby will cut them into manageable lengths at some point. He hates yard work, so I don't push for too much at once. :)
    Now for a shower and to get on with the rest of my day.
    Enjoy your day!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Back home from DragonCon. I will post a few pictures later. I think I'll take a nap.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Hi all. The wedding was amazingly wonderful. The rehearsal dinner was perfect too.
    Am tired after the busy weekend. My sister is here til tomorrow.
    Ed, sounds like you had a great time.
    Jo, you are always so busy!
    Irene, hope you and Annie both feel better.
    Val, hope you are feeling better.
    Jan, hi!
    Thanks, everyone for the congrats. We had a great weekend and are so excited for the happy couple.
    Wishing you all a nice relaxing labor day. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's terrific Tuesday! Need to give Lilo her Tuesday shot (and the subsequent REQUIRED treats) and need to feed the cats. I also need to get more 1 ml syringes with needles as I will be using the last one on her today, so a trip to the vet is in order before next Tuesday. And I need to feed the brats...er CATS. We have out of town company (old friends) who fly back home tonight. They were at DragonCon but didn't need to stay downtown for last night, so stayed with us and we will be dropping them at the Marta station tonight so they can fly back to their waiting cats.

I will eventually get to posting the few con pics I took.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Taking my sister to the train station in about an hour. It's at the airport.
    We had a nice visit. Now she's on her way to see an old friend in NJ.
    Getting back to normal after all the fun and excitement.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, well Annie had a good day yesterday. I am not sure if heart disease is common in gsp's we do take her back on sept 13 for another cardio echo but her lungs are clear and the dr fells the meds are helping. Vix so glad the wedding was nice. Ed sounds like you had a good time hi jo, Jan and val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!!
    I had a semi quiet Labor Day. I did get to stay home except for Sunday so May May and I just relaxed and enjoyed. Sunday was fun. We had worship and small group got together for ham and just traditional country southern fare. Last of the fresh garden vegetables as it is so warm, everyone's gardens are drying up. It is going to be in the upper 90's to 100's this week with no rain in sight. Dorian helped steal it. Praying for the poor Bahamas. It will be devastated for years to come. And praying she stays off the coast. :'(
    Irene, sorry you had to take Annie back. Hope the meds kick in and gives her some relief. It does take a few days for the meds to kick in well. Hope she and you can ride out that time. It is hard during that time! My Chester was my most stoic of dogs, but when he really was sick, it was so hard on him. Those watching back and forth days can be rough on everyone.. GSD are very resilient. <3
    Val, hope you are getting caught up and doing better!! Jo, I sympathize!! I have an acre and a half of branches to pick up..I have managed to avoid doing this for about a month now!! Ed, looking forward to the pics! Glad you are home and resting!! Vix, sounds like a wonderful couple of days!! You can rest up too!
    Dr appts and med refills this week and homecoming game where my daughter teaches. Then filling in my chores and my "peeps". I see a busy week, lol.
    Take care all!!! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's wonderful Wednesday! Another hot one, and no chance of rain. I didn't take many pictures at DragonCon, as it was just too peopley for my social anxiety (part of general anxiety disorder in my case) and, while I did have my tranquilizers with me I prefer to only use them for more...real?...situations, and depend more on just my daily "let's not go bats*** crazy today" pill, as the tranquilizers can be addictive, and are not really intended, in my case anyway, for several times a day, general use. I can go for weeks without needing any, and then might need to take one or two in a day, in very stressful situations. Sometimes if it's not too bad, just knowing that I have them available can get me through slightly less major situations, without actually having to take one.

So... DragonCon. I DID see Elvis!

hmatjpco95ib.png

3oju35qj78nz.png

fdt5gskl5ka0.png

criaqfgbd0s1.png

9l7aj6c8cudh.png

5n6nbxl1o90j.png

tn4nr9dc51ml.png

jn5vcorevecz.png

scd3g8c7jw2j.png

za7lrzr2798g.png

kvv4ncjb23se.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    Options
    I did buy one creepy sword cane. Well more of a dagger cane, to add to my collection.

cvpz196zly9w.png

jdrcd5t3b1w7.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    In prior years, I did sometimes dress up for the con, but I haven't in years as it is just too awkward and hot.

Harry Potter style wizard!

rowzx6jt2es6.png

gxjt6rd8ffjr.png

Obi Wan Kenobi!

acsb934cre6g.png

788y56ztjui1.png

I also have pictures SOMEWHERE of me as a Star Trek commander, and even one as a penguin, but the penguin wasn't done for DragonCon. If I find them, I may past them as well, and a better one of the Obi Wan costume showing more than just the outer robe.

• IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Ed cool pictures. nothing really planned maybe a nap later I was up a lot last night Annie's med kicked in so we were outside a lot when you have to pee . take care everyone
  • parityanimal
    Options
    va0xceuylu4z.png
  • parityanimal
    Options
    tlsape3avlx1.png
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Great pix, Ed! Looks like a lot of fun. (I'm not good in crowds either.) Interesting cane.
    Irene, I hope Annie improves a bit every day, and that you can get a good night's sleep.
    Jan, the destruction in the Bahamas was awful. Hope you all stay safe.
    Hi Jo and Val, hope you 2 are doing well.
    I am doing some laundry, exercise, have a massage scheduled for today.
    It's going to be a hot one, up to 91 but cooling off tomorrow.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Ed, really cool pics..you look like you could have been on the set and paid for Star Trek!! That is a LOT of people. I would have had to have a couple mudslides, B/P meds or not!! Cane would be perfect for visiting New Orleans! :)
    Irene, glad Annie is doing better. I sympathize being on diuretics..I have to walk myself! Vix, sounds like a good day!
    Jo and Val, hope you are doing good! I have a Dr appt just for refills today. Probably will not get much done...as usual.. :#
    Take care all!! <3