Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,164 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Looks like another beautiful day, sunny in the 60s with a high of 80.
    Hope the dogs are doing better.
    Hikes are wonderful. I don't go that far anymore either. I miss that.
    I'm going to take a nice soak this morning, and need to go grocery shopping. Will see what else the day brings.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,679 Member
    Options
    Howdy. It's sumptuous Sunday! Another hot one here, with no chance of precipitation. Fortunately, I DID get out yesterday and made multiple stops.

I hit PetSmart for cat food and litter, the vet for 1 ml syringes, with attached needles, for Lilo's Tuesday torture...er I mean tiny little shot (but you wouldn't think it from her), Kroger, for a few grocery items, and Taco Bell for a light, late, vegetarian lunch for J. I had already eaten. As I was bringing in groceries, the mail arrived. I couldn't have timed it better if I tried!

Of course the ever changing grocery list has grown a couple of items since I got home, but nothing that will force me to go out for it today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. I went to the movies with my ladies hiking group...Brittany Runs a Marathon. Nice movie. Life lessons, personal growth, setting goals, facing society’s stereotypes plus the ones we internalize. Then took Boudreaux to his first group training class. He did very well. He really loves interacting with me.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's marvelous Monday! A REALLY hot one here with, again, no chance of precipitation. I might get out quickly this morning for a couple of items. Other than that, just trying to be cool, something I never quite managed, socially. :wink:

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Val, sounds like a nice day. Good that you're enjoying the training with Boudreaux.
    Ed, how old is Lilo? Is that a chronic condition? Hope the heat lets up a little for you.
    Hi Irene, Jo, and Jan.
    It's cloudy and in the 60s here, expected high of 78. Nice for now. Going to my grandson's daycare later for grandparents day. And I have an acupuncture appt this afternoon.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new week. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning, well I did my 5 miles on the treadmill plus I took Annie for a little walk. I need to get out in the yard to pull weeds but I have no energy for that . I also need to clean I have some dusting that has my name on it so those are my big plans for today. Annie seems to be doing good she has taken her meds which chicken of course. Val so glad Boudreaux is doing good whit the training .When Annie was a pup we took her to pet smart for training it really helped I did learn a lot, Vix that is so cool that they are having a grand parent's day Enjoy. Hi ED ,jo and Val
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good morning;
    Went for a 7 mile hike with my daughter yesterday. This morning I had a follow-up eye appt.
    for glaucoma check. My pressure was borderline last visit and this visit it was a little higher.
    Dr. gave me a couple of options; eye drops probably for the rest of my life or cold laser surgery. The cold laser targets the outer circle of the iris and if successful it enables the fluid in the eye to drain more effectively. I have until my next visit in Dec. to decide which option I want. I am leaning towards the laser.
    Vix-have fun at grandparents day and good luck with acupuncture.
    Ed-Sorry about the heat. It is in the 70's here and quite comfortable.
    Val-I am glad Bourdeaux did well with his training.
    Hi Jan.
    Just trying to get motivated to go out and finish transplanting my daylillies.
    Have a great day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Ed, how old is Lilo? Is that a chronic condition? Hope the heat lets up a little for you.

Lilo is 16 1/2 with arthritis. I give her a weekly shot of Adequan for that, just 0.2 ml. She is a pretty small cat. It keeps her moving around much better. It is in addition to her daily sprinkle of Cosequin, on her food. It is for the joints too, but was no longer doing enough by itself.
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning everyone, well today I am going to a new hair salon I hope it turns out good it is like 5 minutes from my house where the other one is like a 45 minute drive both ways I don't feel comfortable leaving Annie that long considering it takes about 2 hours for the high lights. Our weather here has been beautiful it was high 70s I actually got out and pull some weeds out of the front yard now I need to do the side . Wow ED your cat is 16 1/2 that's so awesome. Jo good luck but I think I would lean towards laser also . Hi vix ,jan and val
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Good luck at the new hairdresser, Irene. I recently switched to one 5 minutes away and am very happy. Weather's been beautiful here too.
    Ed, aw, poor Lilo...arthritis is tough. (I have problems with that too...some days are better than others). My last cat, Roxie was small too....she had kidney problems and dementia the last few years...she made it to almost 18.
    Jo, sounds like a great hike! Sorry to hear your eye is not improving. My sister has medical marijuana for that. I guess it's less expensive than the drops. I didn't know there was a surgery to help that. Seems like a good alternative.
    Hi Val and Jan.
    I'm off to stained glass and clay workgroups today. Have to stop off at Staples...I left a pattern there to be enlarged. And I have a 4 p.m. PT appointment. Long day ahead. Partly cloudy, in the 60s with a high of 85 expected, a little warmer than yesterday.
    Happy Tuesday, everyone. :)
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's terrific Tuesday! The forecast calls for (maybe) three degrees cooler today, which still leaves us pretty hot but I will happily take the three degrees and hope for more soon. I might get out today, if the vet gets Lilo's next scrip of Adequan ready.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    It has just been a bit crazy here the last few days. Sunday was church and the buffet went well. It usually does as we have some good cooks. It was nice to see new families. Usually Monday I recover from Sunday but I had my cardiologist appointment which means driving into Montgomery. Never my favorite thing, but I found a close parking space to the medical building, so the rest was a breeze. Apparently I gave them a heart attack as my B/P was running about 90/54 and I had a heart rate of barely 50. Good for long distance runners but not me, lol..I got my B/P meds slashed in half, so today I feel a little funky, but overall I can actually walk and not feel like I am always on the verge of collapse. I have not taken it quite like they said, but am taking it a little bit of a reduction at a time. That feels weird enough. I am a little afraid it will run too high at the final reduction..but We shall see. I see phone calls in my future for the Doc there, lol..Today I went to get my refills and the base put in a new system..The explanations were non too clear, so I stood in line for about a half hour. Turns out it was the wrong line. So figured out the system and got activated. When they called me I am thinking, cool. Yep, they called me to go back after 10 am the next day to get my meds..Maybe. Apparently today's people came back twice on their pick up day. I thought maybe we had people from Florida here, but I guess they are just extremely short handed. I see us losing all our benefits in years to come. I hope not. It was not always easy being in the AF system for all those years. :#
    Vix, hope your new hairdresser is good. That other is pretty far to travel. I like doing less and less driving the older I get. People are scary. And I can tell I am getting older when driving. Jo, I love you have vacation and hope you are having a great time!. Ed, your cat sounds precious, like they rule!! Irene, do not work too hard. Luckily it is too hot to pull weeds here at the moment, lol..Val, hoping you are slowly getting caught up! I like you are still with your group of ladies!! Take care all!! <3 Jan
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, Well I think I like my new hairdresser she goes a lot slower but that's ok it was even cheaper like 25.00 cheaper my hair looks a little different my high lights have more brown in it now. Jan hope your meds work . Are you retired af? I am with you as far as driving the closer the better. Vix enjoy your classes. Jo you must be enjoying your time off. Ed it is amazing animals have so much of the same illness that humans have. Hi val
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    Yesterday I transplanted the last on my day lilies. Now I just have to plant some grass seed and hopefully I am done.
    Today we are going to get out flu shots. I got a text from our pharmacy saying they were in.
    Irene-I am glad you like your new hairdresser. I am thinking of switching closer to home also.
    I now drive about 40 minutes.
    Jan-I agree about driving as you get older. When we drove into Boston on Monday, I was a basket case. I am not a good passenger. We decided next time to take the train in.
    Good luck with your meds.
    Hi Vix, Val and Ed.
    Cloudy today with a chance of sun in the afternoon. The weather has been great so far, in the 70's. Today is supposed to be warmer high of 85.
    Enjoy your day!
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's wonderful Wednesday! Another hot, dry one here. Some indoor plant watering today, and not a lot else on the agenda.

• eku0
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    Jo, that's good that you got some yardwork done. Pete moved some things in the garden around yesterday too. Time for flu shots again....we need to do that too.
    Irene, glad you like your new hair dresser. I think we're all starting to appreciate things closer to home with less driving.
    Jan, I don't think my body could handle all those church meals...I'm up 3 pounds from 2 nights of restaurant food, and can't seem to get rid of that. Good luck with your BP medicine.
    Hi Ed and Val.
    It's 68 and cloudy at the moment here...hotter today, high of 93 expected. Thank goodness I have no appts today, but do have some errands to run. Also need to figure out a new project for painting class.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday! :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’ve been busy with work and hiking with Boudreaux.
    I’m really missing Roger today...so I’m havig a Light n Fit yogurt in his honor.
    Thanks for the reminder tgat its Fall...time for flu shots. This coming week, there are no days predicted to exceed 100! Exciting.
    Take care, Val
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, No big plans for today just going to take it easy. I might go food shopping . Jo the train sounds good. Val I do the yogurt I really like the pumpkin. We talked about getting our flu shot this weekend . take care every one
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's thrilling Thursday! Not too thrilling, actually, but it is what it is. About the same as yesterday except I do need to get out in it.

• Joanne3366
    Options
    Good morning;
    We got our flu shots yesterday. My arm is a little sore. I also made an appt. for my eye surgery,
    Oct 17th. I would like to get it sooner rather than later.
    It was hot yesterday, the AC came on. Today it is raining and gloomy.
    I think I will stay in and read a book. Hubby went back to work today.
    I burned a bag of microwave popcorn yesterday. I am still trying to get the smell out of the microwave. I am now trying water and vinegar. Any suggestions?
    Have a great day! :)