Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 20,692 Member
    Options
    Howdy. It's wonderful Wednesday! Heating up some today, with no chance of precipitation. I don't think I HAVE to get out anywhere today, so hopefully can do as little as possible.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,169 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Good morning.
    Cat-astrophy! good one Ed! Hope you're feeling better.
    Val, I imagine the plumber should be obligated to do work that will pass inspection. Glad your infection is clearing up. Hope you get some sleep.
    Irene, vegetarian dishes are usually pretty good....I haven't quite gotten there yet, but I do try to get in more vegetarian meals. It's pretty healthy and good for the planet.
    Hi Jan and Jo!
    My podiatry visit went well. I have more exercises and he gave me a referral for physical therapy. Today I have acupuncture and a yearly mammogram. And it's hubby's b-day, so want to do something special to celebrate.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
    Oh...and if anyone can convince Mike to come on here....it's so much easier than getting emails, and it's nice to hear from him...I think he would like it.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Plumber repairing no added cost. Electrician here now. Sick kid improved... and is back to school.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Happy birthday, Pete. Good news on the dentist and podiatry visits. Good luck with your mammogram, (a necessary evil). :) I will try again to get Mike to join us.
    Val-good news on no extra cost and your daughter and you feeling better.
    Ed-good thing you didn't step in the Cat-astrophy. I have done that a time or two. :#
    I hope your headache is gone.
    Jan-I hope you are all rested up.
    Irene-Have you closed the pool yet?
    I am going to the hairdresser this afternoon to have my roots touched up.
    Yesterday was a long day. I worked 9-5. I get up at 4 so I did laundry, washed the kitchen floor and a few other things. By the time I got home from work I was exhausted. Today will be another long day, as I will not get home from my hair appt. until after 5.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hello All!
    Waiting for some dryer air coming! Yay! Though warm and humid, there is a feeling of fall coming...ever so slow. Watching Dorian with interest. Hate the destruction. We could use the rain. I just feel we are going to get two landfalls with this one..Spent the day reading and relaxing with a few chores intermingled!
    Animals leaving presents, lol. It happens, Ed to us all, lol...
    Val, glad you and Em are feeling better! Jo, if I did all that before work, it would sure be hard to be excited about work! Evening shift I did get more housework done though. :) Vix, you are really getting close to the wedding now!! Happy late B-day to hubby! Hope you have a great celebration! Irene, I try to do more veggies, too. I like good veg recipes!!
    Take care all!! Jan
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's thrilling Thursday! And it's going to be another hot one, with no chance of rain. We'll be heading to downtown Atlanta tonight to get started with this year's DragonCon. My "attendance" here may be spotty, through Monday, or may just be a quick, daily wave. I always get plenty of walking exercise during the convention, but the odd angles of some of the sidewalks and the hilly streets are really hard on knees and hips. I will be bringing a cane. Maybe the one that has a fold out seat.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Val, glad you and Em are feeling better.
    Jo, always feels so much better after the roots are done! Your days sound exhausting...I know you're looking forward to the weekend and some well deserved relaxation. I hope Mike will join us here.
    Jan, hope you are safe from the storm. Thanks for b-day wishes for hubby.
    Hi Irene.
    Ed, I'd never heard of DragonCon before, but just looked it up...sounds like fun. Do you get dressed up? Science fiction or comic book characters? Have a great time. :)
    I have painting class this morning...I may cut it short depending on what else is going on. I am picking up my sister from the airport this afternoon, and the rehearsal for the wedding is tonight (just the walkthrough).
    Wishing everyone a thoroughly enjoyable Thursday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    good morning , I need prayers for Annie she is in the emergency dog hospital she collapsed when we got back from the walk/swim not sure what happened. The vet wants to keep her for a few days they are going to run test to see if it is her heart or if it is cancer. Vix tell your husband happy birthday. Val glad you and Em are feeling better. Jan hope the storms pass you by. Jo nothing like a clean house and Ed that sounds like fun you will have to tell us all about it. Take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Aw, sending prayers for Annie, Irene...I hope she's ok. Hugs.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hugs and prayers for Annie. Hoping for all the best.❤️

I’m struggling so much the last 48 hrs. Almost went to ER. I think its a side effect of pred, so im weaning off. Work is too much.

I got a very sweet card from Michael. ❤️
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Annie!! That is frightening!!! Hoping you found out something and praying it is not too serious. <3

Ed might be seeing Dorian before me depending on it's course. Prepping for Cat 4 is no joke. Prayers for people and animals in Florida. They are still rebuilding from the last few. Lots of animal rescues in the path. :'(
    Lunch with friends. No wonder I cannot lose weight, lol. Lazy day and slow moving. Heading to the Greek Orthodox Festival on Monday. Who can resist..
    Val..Rough going..Prayers!
    Vix, enjoy the week!! Dragon-con sounds cool Ed! Walking, not so much! Atlanta seems all uphill, lol..
    Not too sure Mike can transfer his pics to this format. I think that is why he is comfortable with emails.
    Hi Jo!! Hope you get some rest!! :)

Irene, have the vet check about the swimming..Some dogs have been collapsing due to algae and amoeba growths due to the heat. Praying for good news... <3
  • parityanimal
    Options
    And...all checked in at DragonCon, in our hotel room, and we had dinner at a big diner here in downtown. Cooling down now, and will likely go to bed in a bit.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy from beautiful downtown Burbank...er, I mean Atlanta! It's fantastic Friday! Expecting a hot, clear day.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Val, sure hope you start feeling better. Don't you get any sick time from work...seems like there are laws requiring that.
    Jan...so many parties! That would make it difficult for sticking to a meal plan.
    Irene...I hope Annie's doing better.
    Ed...have so much fun in Atlanta!
    Hi Jo, almost weekend. :)
    I picked up my sister from the airport yesterday, and we went through the wedding rehearsal at the winery. My sister and I have a lot of catching up to do.
    No special plans for today...trying to relax before the parties tomorrow and Sunday. Will probably spend some time with my daughter and grandson, and maybe show her our cute little downtown area.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)

• Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Checking in and thinking about Annie. I will check back later. Prayers!! <3
    Ed..sounds like fun!! Have a wonderful time. Val, Bless you..it is hard for you to catch a break with those hours! Vix, have a wonderful time. Happy , lol.. and stressful at the same time. Remember that well! Jo, are you off some for Labor Day, lots of stores that is a busy day? I am home and watering and trying to clean.
    Take care all. :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I have available sick time, but nobody has capacity to help cover my deadlines. I survived this past very difficult week. That alone is amazing. Lots of work to catch up on over weekend.
    Hope everyone is safe from the storm and has a great weekend.
  • parityanimal
    Options
    Howdy. It's satisfactory Saturday! Another hot one looming, with no chance of rain. I am definitely getting the walking in this weekend.
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning. Busy day today, getting nails done at noon, rehearsal dinner at 6. :)
    Happy Saturday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Annie is finally home but she has heart disease not good she is on 2 different meds she needs lots of prayes
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    Irene-I am so sorry about Annie.I hope the meds help her and I will be praying. Hugs. <3
    Ed-have a great time at the Convention.
    Vix-Best of luck to the Bride and Groom, wishing them many years of happiness. <3
    Val-I hope you get caught up over the weekend.
    Jan-Eating out is not good for our weight loss. Hubby wants to eat out at least one weekend night. I have no will power, so usually don't make healthy choices. :#
    I have Sunday and Monday off, work Tues. and Wed., off Thurs.,work Fri. and then I am off for 10 days. We plan on doing work around the house and yard.
    Enjoy your weekend. :)