Slower Weight loss at 50?

Options

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,148 Member
    Options
    hello.
    Babysat early this a.m., and have been visiting on and off today.
    Glad you got through the tests well, Roger and that the traffic wasn't bad.
    I just finished my chickadee suncatchers, and will start a new project in stained glass. Will decide before class on Tuesday what I want to do.
    Irene, that sounds like a good amount of exercise. The builtbars sound good...I checked out their website, pretty healthy ingredients. Good you found something you like.
    Hi Jo.
    Art show tomorrow. I need to bake something.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Good evening;
    Irene-Glad your dr. visit was good and congrats on finding a dime.
    Vix-Do you have a painting in the art show?
    Roger-Nice that you didn't have any problem with the drive. My husband had to use the same
    cleanser when he had surgery. I think the Dr. just wants the area as clean as possible, so there is less change of infection.
    I went after work and got my haircut. It was looking a little shaggy.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    More humor was posted, I may post Fridays stuff late this afternoon since I will need to look at the online map to locate where to go

Hi
    Currently It is 64 degrees outside. The predicted high for today is below normal. I am not looking forward to the drive tomorrow mainly because I will not know when or where until this afternoon.
    There is rain in the forecast for this morning, so far it is still dry outside,

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/10/pentagon-eyes-ketogenic-diet-bid-build-more-lethal/
    Pentagon eyes controversial diet in bid to build more lethal warriors
    Top Pentagon officials say research has shown that human bodies in ketosis — the goal of the popular and controversial ketogenic diet

https://myfox8.com/2019/06/11/106-year-old-nc-woman-credits-longevity-to-faith-in-god/
    106-year-old NC woman credits longevity to faith in God

https://www.axios.com/what-apple-knows-about-you-fa7fa529-05af-48fa-bc51-54c15a6f5fbc.html
    What Apple knows about you

https://www.axios.com/coffee-prices-consumer-impacts-7224a652-519f-4f1f-afa4-48582ce51139.html
    The staggering impact of falling coffee prices
    In an unusual market twist, the falling prices of coffee beans could lead to higher coffee prices for Western consumers.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/10/frightening-number-of-plant-extinctions-found-in-global-survey
    ‘Frightening’ number of plant extinctions found in global survey
    Study shows 571 species wiped out, and scientists say figure is likely to be big underestimate

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/06/electric-blue-night-clouds-are-invading-the-u-s/
    Electric-blue night clouds are invading the U.S.
    Over the next few weeks, mid-latitude observers might experience the best noctilucent cloud viewing of their lifetimes.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/06/10/danny-feltwell-cancer-alternative-drug-jakafi/
    ‘I’m Feeling Great’: How New Treatment Saved 10-Year-Old Boy’s Life After Two Bouts Of Cancer

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, well I increased my time so yesterday I did 22 minutes on the treadmill today I did 28 minutes need to get over this stalling of the weight loss. Annie really doesn't want to walk that much after her swim and chasing the stick so I need to up my treadmill time. Today I go to the hospital for the sick my friend is still in rehab so I will go early which I prefer. Roger glad your drive was ok. Hi vix and jo
    Hello Irene
    Plateaus happen, I had one that was caused by not eating enough if You can believe it, when I brought my calories back to where they should have been the loss resumed. Since You buy NS why not call a counselor ?

You are so good to people with Your visits.
    hi all just wanted to tell you I ordered the built bars they are so good real chocolate 110 calories they are a protein but are so good I ordered mine from builtbar.com
    I never heard of them, were they expensive. I also wonder if they are available retail ? I sort of hate putting credit card info all over the place.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    hello.
    Babysat early this a.m., and have been visiting on and off today.
    Glad you got through the tests well, Roger and that the traffic wasn't bad.
    I just finished my chickadee suncatchers, and will start a new project in stained glass. Will decide before class on Tuesday what I want to do.
    Irene, that sounds like a good amount of exercise. The builtbars sound good...I checked out their website, pretty healthy ingredients. Good you found something you like.
    Hi Jo.
    Art show tomorrow. I need to bake something.
    Happy Wednesday, everyone. :)
    Hello Vix
    That traffic was OK due to the roads drying off.

I am sure that whatever You decide to do it will be awesome.

The art show equals You need to bake something or am I missing something here ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Irene-Glad your dr. visit was good and congrats on finding a dime.
    Vix-Do you have a painting in the art show?
    Roger-Nice that you didn't have any problem with the drive. My husband had to use the same
    cleanser when he had surgery. I think the Dr. just wants the area as clean as possible, so there is less change of infection.
    I went after work and got my haircut. It was looking a little shaggy.
    Have a good night. :)
    Hello Joanne
    I can understand that but from neck to toe and all freshly cleaned Bedding, and clothes and tonight and in the morning seems like a bit of overkill to me. I understand wanting things clean but why not just swab the area with Betadine before the surgery ? My sister speculated that it is to keep MRSA out of the hospital.

I do not really need a haircut, however when it is shorter it is easier to shampoo.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    Roger, we are hosting the art show and reception, so we're all bringing things for the reception. I ended up baking a banana bread (quick and easy and delicious!).
    Best wishes with all your preparations today, and will keep sending the healing thoughts for you.
    Jo, I have a few paintings in the show...there are over 80 pieces of art work this time. Some of us did versions of impressionist paintings, so there's a section on that in addition to the other pieces. It'll be fun. My daughter and husband will be coming. I asked a few friends too, but I think they're mostly busy.
    Always nice to get a haircut!
    Hi Irene!
    It's raining here today, with only a high of 70 expected. It didn't get very warm yesterday either.
    Wishing everyone a good Thursday! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    good morning, it is raining here coming down pretty hard glad I got my walk done before it started to rain. I also got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Roger It is my fault I am stuck I sometimes have more to eat then I am suppose to like some of the fried potatoes when we go out for breakfast on Sunday's . Roger the only way that I know to get the bars is by ordering them on line if I hear of any other place I will let you know. Jo I love when I get my hair done it just feels and looks so nice. Vix enjoy yourself at the art show take care everyone Roger you are in my prayers
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have posted humor already since I will be out the door super early

Hi
    Currently It is unknown degrees outside.
    The Hospital called and I need to be there at 5:30 AM Friday morning.
    Thus I shall be brief as I am thinking I need to be up at 4AM the latest.

Look for something that says RE: Roger or from rogers brother in the email title.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-global-media/the-media-has-a-big-problem-reuters-institute-says-who-will-pay-for-the-news-idUSKCN1TC2WV
    The media has a big problem, Reuters Institute says: Who will pay for the news?

https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/why-targeting-millennial-consumers-might-not-be-such-a-hot-idea-after-all/
    Why Targeting Millennial Consumers Might Not Be Such a Hot Idea After All
    A growing body of evidence shows why Gen Y consumers aren't ideal: because many of them are broke

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/drug-to-replace-chemotherapy-may-reshape-cancer-care-1.1271773
    Drug to replace chemotherapy may reshape cancer care

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/12/annual-global-index-rates-us-128th-most-peaceful-n/
    Annual global index rates U.S. 128th most peaceful nation on earth
    Iceland is No. 1, some Central American nations did better than America

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2019/06/12/supersonic-speeds-could-cause-big-problems-for-the-f-35s-stealth-coating/
    Supersonic speeds could cause big problems for the F-35′s stealth coating

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/race-become-beyond-meat-fish-080036449.html
    The Race to Become the Beyond Meat of Fish

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/12/most-meat-in-2040-will-not-come-from-slaughtered-animals-report
    Most 'meat' in 2040 will not come from dead animals, says report
    Consultants say 60% will be grown in vats or plant-based products that taste like meat

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Roger-I will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending healing thoughts.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Roger, we are hosting the art show and reception, so we're all bringing things for the reception. I ended up baking a banana bread (quick and easy and delicious!).
    Best wishes with all your preparations today, and will keep sending the healing thoughts for you.
    Jo, I have a few paintings in the show...there are over 80 pieces of art work this time. Some of us did versions of impressionist paintings, so there's a section on that in addition to the other pieces. It'll be fun. My daughter and husband will be coming. I asked a few friends too, but I think they're mostly busy.
    Always nice to get a haircut!
    Hi Irene!
    It's raining here today, with only a high of 70 expected. It didn't get very warm yesterday either.
    Wishing everyone a good Thursday! :)
    Hello Vix
    Banana Bread with some butter smeared on it is delicious and delicious even without the butter BTW.

Impressionists paintings hmm...

At least the rain ended mid morning and by noon the roads were dry.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning, it is raining here coming down pretty hard glad I got my walk done before it started to rain. I also got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Roger It is my fault I am stuck I sometimes have more to eat then I am suppose to like some of the fried potatoes when we go out for breakfast on Sunday's . Roger the only way that I know to get the bars is by ordering them on line if I hear of any other place I will let you know. Jo I love when I get my hair done it just feels and looks so nice. Vix enjoy yourself at the art show take care everyone Roger you are in my prayers
    Hello Irene
    The rain started out real slow and slowly built up in how hard and then it was gone :smiley:

The only way I know of to deal with the fried potatoes that come with egg breakfasts is to tell them no potatoes. Likewise with the rice and Chinese food.

Thank You for the Prayers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Roger-I will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending healing thoughts.
    Hello Joanne
    I saw That You had posted as I was typing to Vix :wink:

Thank You they should help
    Roger
  • eku0
    Options
    Best wishes, Roger. Get well soon....we'll miss you!
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, good luck today Roger I will be thinking about you and a lot of prayers. Vix how did the art show go? Hi jo take care everyone
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    I hope Roger is through the worst of it now. Sending healing thoughts.
    Hi Jo and Irene.
    It's partly cloudy and windy here this morning. Supposed to go up to 75 later. I'm going to downtown Frederick today with a friend. Just to walk around and browse the little shops, maybe have lunch. It should be fun.
    The art show went well. There were some guests, and all the artists liked how I hung the pictures.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, vix glad your art show went well. This morning when we walked it was 52 it sure was on the chilly side . I think we are going to home depot today to look at doors we want to replace it when it rains really hard water comes in so it is time to replace it , since we are replacing our steps there we figured we would replace the door also . In time we also are going to replace the steps that go out to our patio. Roger hope the worst is over sending prayers. Hi jo
  • eku0
    Options
    Good morning.
    It's 68 here now, supposedly going up to 83 and sunny.
    No special plans for today. Need to do things around the house, maybe go grocery shopping.
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Good afternoon;
    It is 80 here with a slight breeze. After work I puttered around in the yard for a bit.
    Vix-I am glad the art show went well.
    Irene-Any pool time today?
    I am thinking of Roger and sending healing vibes his way. I hope he is not in too much pain after the surgery.
    Nothing planned for the afternoon, I may finish the book I was reading.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Options
    good morning, we had a nice walk this morning, planning on getting on the treadmill later no plans for today just going to hang out at the house we may go for a walk. We are going to have breakfast home want to see if that will help with my weight loss. It is suppose to get warm today so maybe we will get in the pool . Hoping Roger is doing ok. Jo we never got in the pool yesterday by the time we got back home from home depot it was time for lunch and then church .Vix hope you got your grocery shopping done. Take care