Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    We have a dusting of snow and a weather advisory until 10 a.m. this morning. It's currently 30 with a high of 40 expected today and totally cloudy.
    Yummy rolled oats for breakfast this morning. I'll be going for a steroid shot in my hip this afternoon. I think I may do some cleaning before I go, so I don't have to do it tomorrow.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    still sick but i do have an appt for covid vaccine next tuesday
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,326 Member
    Hope you get better soon, Irene!

Today, being Taco Tuesday, Eduardo got out and made taco salads for each of us.We both had the same, meatless salad, with cheesy refried bean mixture on bottom, then a layer of spicy, taco seasoned rice and then a big pile of salad. Around the bowls, enough tortilla chips to give some nice crunch and flavor, and on top a sprinkle of Mexican style shredded cheese, some HOT red salsa, and a drizzle of Eduardo's honey mustard dressing with oregano.

It was a very tasty, and filling meal.

0c914pjh7jpt.png

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Sounds delicious, Ed!
    I hope you feel better, Irene. Nice that you're getting the shot so soon. We're behind in MD. They said we can sign up, but we're on a waiting list to register. They're working on the 1b group. We're in 1c. I'd rather the people that have to be out in public, teachers, emergency people, grocery store workers etc, get it first. So, patience.
    I'm having oatmeal again for breakfast today. I really like it.
    I have a library pick up today, nothing else planned. I'm getting a day off exercise due to my steroid shot yesterday.
    I hope it holds me over for a while. The doc said I should be thinking about a hip replacement. I'm not happy with that. Medical procedures and surgery make me totally nervous, I'm not sure where to go, how to find the best drs and hospitals, etc. Makes me want to run away!
    Anyhow...
    35 and cloudy this morning, high of 40 expected. It was frosty this morning, some ice on our deck.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited January 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful wet Wednesday!

The cats actually let me sleep in this morning, but around 7:30 Orion decided that enough was enough and it was time for me to be up and about. It wasn't about food, as I feed them about 9:30. It just didn't fit his pattern of life, as I am SUPPOSED to be up and out of bed by that time.

A cool 50 out there now, with rain, and it's expected to remain rainy most of the day, and only get up to 55.

I am expecting one minor delivery today and have to get the garbage and recycle bins back up once they have been picked up.

And I have to give Lilo her early afternoon Wednesday fluid treatment after lunch.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! Sunny and cold out there now, and today looks like it will be clear and cool. Temperatures are apparently dropping back down, as they started to do overnight. It will only get into the mid 40s today. and back down below freezing tonight.

I have a "regular" doctor appointment this morning for my annual wellness checkup. This will be my first time with the new doctor, as the old (not really that old!) one retired last year, deciding that the virus was as good an excuse as any to go ahead and retire. Can't say I blame him. J has already seen the doctor that took over the practice, so I have no great worries on that front.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Good luck with the new doc, Ed. Seems to be a year for that. Sometimes change is a good thing, new perspectives.
    Has definitely cooled off here. Currently 26, mostly sunny, with a high of 32 expected for today. Just ran out to TJMaxx, had to return something, and picked up some ginger candy. It was great. I got there pretty much as it opened, so no lines and very few customers in the store. In and out quickly.
    Guess I'll get back to exercising today. My leg seems a little better.
    Hope you all have a great day.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's Fantastic Frigid Friday!

It's 28 and clear now, but we are still expecting a sunny high near 50 this afternoon, and then dropping back to about 30 overnight. I may need to make a small grocery run, even though it's not quite the first of the month.

And I know I need to fold the laundry in the dryer. I did end up doing laundry after getting home from the doctor. I like him, and he seems to know what he is about.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Cold here too...currently 21 with a high of 31 expected today, partly cloudy. Snow expected Sunday and Monday.
    I need to do some research on hip replacements. Will see what else the day brings.
    Have a good Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    I got the laundry folded and put away. Dinah helped.

ao6tlqdk8qn5.png

mu183t9ugqhh.png

• parityanimal
    Well it's cold Friday night now, and I will be off to bed shortly.

Dinner tonight was pizza. I wanted to serve salad, and we didn't have any more in the house. I didn't feel like going out to the store today, or ordering a grocery delivery, so I ordered pizza from Marco's, and salad to go with the pizza.

We split the salad, and then each had our own pizza. I have 3/4 of a "works" pizza left, which should cover all of my meals for tomorrow, and I think J has 3/4 of a cheese (extra cheese) pizza left. I did open a bottle of red wine to go with dinner, and half of that is left for tomorrow as well.

Some of that cheese pizza may disappear during the course of the night, as J has a lot of work left over and only came out of the home office long enough to eat, then went right back in. I have no idea, nor, I suspect, has J, just how late the work night may go, thus some more pizza may have to feed the work. On the other hand, J may just eat some cheese sandwich crackers or chips, or nothing at all. I suspect some sort of snacking, if only cereal, will occur during the course of the night. I will be asleep. LOL.

At any rate, I should not have to cook very much of anything tomorrow. Maybe dinner for J if there isn't enough pizza left by then. But that will be easy.

I stepped outside for a bit to enjoy the cold, crisp air and look at the moon and the stars. It's cold, but it's a lovely, clear evening.

See y'all in the morning!

• parityanimal
    edited January 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's cold, at 27 mostly sunny degrees now, and it's supposed to become overcast for the afternoon, with temperatures right around 50, then clear for the early evening and a 99% chance of overnight rain.

I need to drive J's car around a bit at some point over the weekend.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Dinah's cute, Ed. Pretty color. Pizza sounds great.
    I had an off day on my diet yesterday. Had a yummy little O'Dough's gluten free bagel, and a bunch of other stuff I shouldn't have eaten. It happens. The bagel itself wasn't so bad...it was all the other stuff!
    Anyway, it's a new day.
    It's currently 24 and sunny with a high of 36 expected today, some clouds rolling in this afternoon. We're under a storm watch for late tonight through Monday...so snow is expected. Might get out today, in case we get stuck inside for the next few days.
    Wishing everyone a happy Saturday.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I took J's car for a spin, and went to a Kroger store. I took off my house slippers to get dressed, then promptly put them back on, instead of putting shoes on. I didn't notice that until I was well on my way, and decided to just go with it. So I shopped at Kroger wearing house slippers. At least I wasn't in pajamas and curlers! LOL.

I got in and out quickly, and only bought items I considered essential for this trip. The rest of the shopping list can wait until after the first of the month, when I get paid. And I will probably order that for delivery.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    I took my car for a drive yesterday too, in case we get snow. The snow started about 7:15 this morning, that fine steady snow that usually accumulates. We're under a winter storm warning. It's currently 28 with a high of 31 expected...3-5 inches today, plus another 1-3 overnight with maybe some sleet or freezing rain. We'll see.
    Luckily, don't have to go anywhere.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Sunday!

It looks like it will be cool and rainy all day, so I am glad I took J's car for a run yesterday. I really don't like driving in the rain.

Today I may do some house cleaning. Or I may just be rainy-day lazy. I do plan to make a meatloaf later for dinner though. If I actually follow through with that plan, I will probably have that with broccoli and mashed potatoes on the side.

• parityanimal
    edited January 2021
    This throwback picture is with my mother and all 9 siblings, 6 years ago, right after the post-funeral luncheon from my father's funeral. My mother is the shortest one. I am peering out between two of my sisters.

lvwwi1g5c2jm.png

• parityanimal
    Sunday dinner, as planned, was meatloaf. And homemade peasant bread. I let Eduardo play with a bread recipe today, to make a very small loaf that should have been baked in a much smaller pan, but it came out very nicely. Another, larger, loaf, made by tweaking the recipe further, with a rather larger tweak, is also baked, but I haven't sliced that one yet.

ftfgdneq2c9t.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's magnificent Monday! It's a cold, cloudy 37 out there right now, and it's not supposed to get much warmer today. Maybe to 38. Cooling temperatures are expected for this evening and overnight.

I have some housecleaning to work on and may compile a grocery order for delivery. But first, I need to give Lilo her Monday morning subdermal fluid treatment.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    About an inch or 2 of snow outside....more of the same today...totally overcast...snow through the day, possible sleet or freezing rain later 1-3 more inches. Currently 24, high of 33 today.
    Yesterday, I spent a lot of time with my jigsaw puzzle, did some laundry, read,hung a couple of framed photos, puttered around.
    Maybe a little cleaning, some laundry, paperwork today. Will see what I feel like doing.
    Another new week. Wishing everyone a good one.