Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    And here is the bean stew as served, for Saturday night supper. Eduardo made it considerably spicier than what we had at Medieval Times.

eink5owuqdhd.png
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous soggy Superb Owl Sunday! It's a cold, wet 34 out there now, but supposed to get up into the 50s this afternoon. While it is wet, the rain ended just a while ago and we are expecting a clear, sunny day.

I had thought of just making snacky stuff for today, even though neither of us cares about the football game. Sometimes I do that anyway, just because a snack type meal can be fun once in a while. I may make some snacky things for J, if we eat all the leftover stew at lunch.

For me, I have decided to go ahead and make the pot roast for dinner. It's handy, it's not frozen, and it's fairly easy to get together in a crock pot. Bottom round will make a change from the chuck that I usually use for pot roast, but I like round too, and it was, after all, marked down. Brisket can also make a lovely pot roast, but I rarely see that marked down, and usually only have it as corned beef for St. Patrick's day.

I may even use some of the red potatoes I bought for the stew, though I usually prepare Russets with a pot roast. I like the light, fluffy texture they have and use them a lot. But, since I have red potatoes on hand as well, I might switch up this time, just to be different, and to go with the different pot roast.

Breakfast was a small omelet, with cheese, and sausage links, along with a mandarin orange fruit cup.

Nothing major on the agenda today.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Nice cooking, Ed. I made bean and veggie soup yesterday.
    This morning everything outside is covered with snow and it's continuing to fall in big thick peaceful looking flakes. It looks like a Christmas card, very pretty. It's currently 33 with an expected high of 40 today. The precipitation is supposed to stop around noon. So don't know if it'll turn to rain before then or not. I don't have to go anywhere. It's nice to watch the snow, and the birds at the feeders.
    Will see what the day brings.
    Have a good Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Well that worked out very nicely. My Sunday dinner plate of pot roast and vegetables, next to my pan of crusty, buttery home made rolls. Yes, I let Eduardo peek out to help with dinner rolls. LOL.

Leftovers for probably at least three more meals.

q3r7vknp2olp.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed, as always your food looks so good.
    Vix-I noticed a few days ago that my Christmas cactus is also in its second bloom.
    It snowed all day yesterday. I enjoyed it from the comfort of my living room. It was so pretty.
    We got about a foot and hubby cleaned most of it up last night. I will go out today and see if I can clean up the rest. It turned very cold last night, so it may be too frozen to shovel. There is also some snow in the forecast for Tuesday.
    Irene-I hope you are doing better.
    Hi Jan.
    Have a great week! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's a sunny, frosty, 31 degrees right now (feels like 27) but a few clouds are expected to roll in shortly and scatter around for the rest of the day. The expected high is 56.

Breakfast was leftover pot roast. I haven't been having a lot of pot roast in the pandemic, because I rarely see a chunk of suitable beef in the manager's special bin, not getting to the store as often, and not at the right time of day to catch the markdowns before they get snapped up. I am really enjoying this. It will likely be a while again before I can get another so I may as well enjoy it while I can!

I need to take Kiara by the vet today for her annual stuff.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Hubs pushed most of the snow off the sidewalks and driveway yesterday, and it warmed up and melted a lot of it. There are still some piles here and there and some on the grass. We may get a light snow or freezing rain overnight, enough to cause icy roads in the a.m. Then more snow showers starting Wednesday and into the next several days. It's currently 22 and sunny with a high of 35 expected, probably clouding up later.
    Jo, I love having blooms in the house in winter. That's a lot of snow! It is pretty, and somehow calming to watch it.
    Were you able to get your vaccine yet? If not, I hope you get it soon. We're still waiting, but I'd rather the people in the prior group get it first.
    Irene, hope you are feeling better.
    Jan, how are you doing?
    Ed, the pot roast looks delicious, and the rolls!
    My days seem to fly by even when I have no plans.
    It's another new week. Wishing everyone a good one.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Cool and cloudy out there at 49 degrees. It's supposed to get to 65 partly cloudy degrees this afternoon! That is way too hot for February.

I have given Lilo her Tuesday morning shot, and I have a visit with my endocrinologist this afternoon. These last six months have been more stressful than usual, and my daily glucose averages are showing it. I expect to be scolded, if not during the visit, then in a week or two when the bloodwork comes back from the lab.

Other than that, not a lot planned for today. I may stop at a Kroger store on my way home from the doctor, since I will pass right by two of them on the journey.

• eku0
    edited February 2021
    Good morning.
    Good luck with your doc, Ed. All this stress is not good for anyone.
    It's currently 28 here, mostly cloudy (I see no sun at all), with a high of 47 expected, pretty warm. I'll probably wait til later to take my car for a ride to avoid any possibility of ice.
    I wanted something different for breakfast, so fixed myself a small sweet potato. I can't seem to find food satisfying.
    One of my neighbors across the street is putting their house up for sale. They're going fast around here and the prices seem really high.
    I'm feeling tired again this a.m. I didn't find CVS or Giantfood had any appts available for vaccines. I'll probably end up waiting until one of the 3 lists I'm on contact me.
    Will see what else the day brings, what I feel like doing.
    Have a good day, everyone. Stay healthy.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, had my first vaccine yesterday
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-I have not gotten the vaccine yet. I am on 2 waiting lists.
    Ed-I hope your dr. visit was uneventful.
    Irene-are you feeling any better?
    Yesterday's snow was about an inch and it was light and easily removed.
    Our next snow forecast is for Sunday.
    On a funny note, I have a smart watch and it tracks my exercise. I must have hit a button in the middle of the night and I managed to do 41 minutes of exercise while I was sleeping. :p
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Cool and sunny out there now, and we are expecting a high of 66 today.

I recently bought a new smart watch, but my old one would interpret my picking blueberries as swimming, so I always managed to get in some exercise credit for that. To be fair, it IS exercise, but I always got a laugh at that.

I won't really know for sure about the doctor visit until yesterday's blood work comes back, but he didn't say anything about my weight or anything else so I have high hopes for the all clear.

I did stop at a Kroger store on the way back, but nothing in the manager's special meat bin called out to me, so I just got eggs, milk, fruit cups, a few canned items, and salad. The canned items could have waited but since I was there anyway, and in that aisle, I picked them up.

Today, not a lot on the agenda but Lilo's Wednesday fluid treatment that I will administer after lunch.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, jo i am doing so much better thank you for asking. We also were on 2 different waiting list take care everyone
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Congrats on getting a vaccine, Irene. Glad you are feeling better.
    Jo, I hope you get the vaccine soon. As of yesterday I am on 4 waiting lists (I signed up to be notified by Walgreens if/when they get some vaccines in). My county is getting very few vaccines, so it'll probably be a while. That's so funny about exercising in your sleep! 😂
    Ed, I hope your tests all come back with good results...yum, blueberries! That's exercise!
    It's currently 36 here with an expected high of 37 and partly (mostly) cloudy. Some rain turning to snow late afternoon and overnight (1-3inches). More snow showers tomorrow morning and Friday.
    I've got things to do around the house.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

It's cool and cloudy out there and I don't expect to see the sun today. The forecast is calling for rain and a high of 61 this afternoon.

Today is February 11th, Lilo's 18th birthday! It also happens to be my parents' wedding anniversary, so my mother may be celebrating it today, albeit solo.

I will probably open a can of tuna later and make tuna a la king, tuna casserole, or tuna salad so Lilo can drink some birthday tuna water from the can.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, yesterday was my parents' anniversary. They are both gone. I hope your Mom is ok, and has happy memories.
    Happy birthday to Lilo...that's a ripe old age for a cat! Good to celebrate with tuna juice!
    It snowed here overnight and is snowing on and off this a.m. fine, light snow. The road is clear. I don't know if the plow came by or if it's the salt from the last snow. Hubby fed the birds this morning, so our maple tree out back all covered in snow and bird feeders, is also covered with birds, like a Christmas tree with bird ornaments!
    I may try another Zoom meditation session this afternoon....ironic, but I don't have the patience.
    Some of the drugstores are starting to get vaccines, but have been all scheduled up when I check. Guess I'll have to start checking earlier in the day.
    All is well. Hope everyone has a good day.
  • parityanimal
    And here's the birthday girl!

3sqmh4dqjfn9.png
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2021
    Well, for Thursday night dinner, Eduardo had a triumph.

I had accidentally ordered a 26 ounce can of condensed cream of mushroom soup last week.

Honestly, I didn't even know they MADE a 26 ounce can. I found out after it was delivered, and then checked my order. I had, indeed, ordered a 26 ounce can of Kroger condensed cream of mushroom soup. It was only $1.79. I had though it seemed a bit pricier than what I remembered, and that was why! The regular can would have been only $0.85 but it wasn't visible on the page when I selected, as I would have had to scroll down further.

So I had to ponder what I could make with that, something that we could both eat, as neither of us is fond enough of cream of mushroom soup to want to eat THAT much. Besides, if I want to eat cream of mushroom, I can make a much nicer one. I buy the cans because they can make a recipe a bit simpler at times.

So...tonight Eduardo got to it, tossed some things together, and made a HUGE casserole of cheesy scalloped potatoes, or creamy potatoes au gratin, whatever one wants to call it. I had some tuna salad for my dinner, with a side of some of the potato dish, and J just had cheesy potatoes.

It turned out much better than I had envisioned, which is good as there is plenty left! J will definitely be having some for tomorrow's lunch, and I probably will have a small serving as well, with some salad to fill out the lunch.

Here's what the result looks like, in a large glass sheet cake dish that is pretty full of food! Between us, we ate maybe...a bit more than a quarter of the pan full, so my serving was maybe 1/8 of the dish or so and J's was a bit bigger, being vegetarian and not about to eat any of my tuna salad.

b02i3adpplud.png

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic foggy Friday! It's supposed to be dreary and damp all weekend here, but I will still need to get the cars out for their runs.

Lilo had a great birthday, and she enjoyed her tuna water. I let her taste the sauce from the potatoes and she liked that as well.

Not a lot on the agenda today. Maybe a nap if I can get one in. Rainy days are great for naps. I will do a little house cleaning.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Looks, delicious, Ed. Glad Lilo had a good birthday.
    Not much new here. Gloomy out today, overcast and cold. There was a light snow shower earlier of no consequence. Snow is still on the ground from yesterday. It's currently 25 and cloudy with a high of 29 expected.
    Lots of snow showers and wintry mix in the week ahead.
    I have no special plans for today...the usual, some housework, and some relaxing activities. I did the Zoom meditation meeting yesterday, but I was late getting there. It's hard to want to sit and do nothing for an hour!
    Have a good day, everyone.