Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Even after the freezing and snow and ice this week, we too have daffodil sprouts coming up. My indoor plants are blooming...orchid, peace plant, and Christmas cactus.
    Ed, those iris are gorgeous. The cottage pie looks delicious. I have to eat much lighter than that, but a small taste would be great, I'm sure!
    It's currently 39 and sunny with a high of 48 expected. Nice. Yesterday was sunny and went into the 50s. I spent about an hour on my porch in the sun. It was so wonderful.
    Picking up a book at the library this morning, and may attend the mindfulness meditation zoom this afternoon.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday! It's rainy and cool at 49 degrees, and only expected to get to 51 today. We are expecting rain all day until, perhaps, about 8:00 this evening, for a couple of hours that might be a bit dryer, and then back to rain until the wee hours of the morning.

Dinner last night was Thai delivery. I controlled myself fairly well, as did J, so the leftovers will be lunch for J today and I will have the last bit of the cottage pie from the other night. Breakfast was one egg, one sausage patty, one piece of whole wheat toast, with butter and a small amount of no-sugar-added cherry jam, and one small Mandarin orange fruit cup, also no sugar added.

If the rain lets up, I may hop out to Lidl for a few items, but likely not. I don't want to get out in this. I may do some house cleaning today. And it looks like a great day for a nap.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    It's currently 38 with a mix of clouds and sun, and a high of 47 today....rain later.
    Ed, I love Thai food. yum.
    No special plans for today. Always have things to do around the house, cleaning, etc.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Woohoo! Friday afternoon wine delivery! This was the President's Day weekend special from my wine club, with the 3 bottle add on pack, making it an 18 pack of wine.

hl1pavnwshg0.png

• parityanimal
    edited February 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday! It's 42 cloudy degrees out there, and we are looking toward a partly sunny 69 degrees this afternoon.

Dinner last night was Brooklyn style pizza, chicken bites, and salad. Breakfast this morning was some penne pasta with Italian sausage and marinara. Lunch will be the rest of the pasta dish.

I woke up early with a bit of a headache, but probably would have slept longer but for Lilo starting to hack up a hairball. She was right by my head, but I got her down to the floor in time to keep it off the bed anyway. Then I decided it wasn't worth trying to go back to sleep and I will just have to hope for a nap later.

February 27th is National Pancake Day. I may have to do something about that for dinner.

I might do some laundry today.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Cool that you get all that wine, Ed. Do you have any favorites? I hope your headache goes away quickly.
    It's raining here, rained all night. Currently 34 with a high of 55 expected. At least it's warming up. There is still some leftover snow.
    I requested more books from the library...turns out I've already read the last one I requested. I'll do my regular Saturday chores today, and see what else the day brings.
    Happy weekend, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited February 2021
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Cool that you get all that wine, Ed. Do you have any favorites? I hope your headache goes away quickly.
    It's raining here, rained all night. Currently 34 with a high of 55 expected. At least it's warming up. There is still some leftover snow.
    I requested more books from the library...turns out I've already read the last one I requested. I'll do my regular Saturday chores today, and see what else the day brings.
    Happy weekend, everyone.

I like dry red wines the most, and really don't like sweet wines much at all. I can take a few sips, but sweet wines tend to give me a headache. Semi-dry is about as sweet as I care to go, and even then probably a smaller glass. Dry or at least semi-dry whites are OK, though I have found that most white wines seem to tend toward a bit more sweetness than most reds that I have encountered.

In the reds, some favorites are Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Tempranillo, Bobal, and Syrah.

In the whites, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier, Pinot Grigiot, and dry versions of Riesling or Muscadine.

Good old generally popular varietals like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, etc. are fine, but I have consumed those for so long, as they ARE so popular, that I currently tend toward other, maybe less known, varietals and blends, just because they aren't the same old things.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I did "do something" about National Pancake Day...sigh. Wait, I can blame this on Eduardo! Yeah, that's the ticket...But with some sausage it made a nice lunch. And there will be at least a couple left over that I can freeze for a quick fix breakfast.

3vumredev3a4.png

57lslc2wd1oz.png

ytjwee6si04e.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! We have 53 foggy degrees out there now, with partly sunny skies expected and a high of 76!

I may get out to Lidl today for a few things, and need to drive the cars around a bit anyway. And I definitely need to get the laundry started today!

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, the alien abduction comic made me laugh out loud this morning! Pancakes look delicious. I generally like mildly sweet wines. Malbec is one of my favorite red wines, reisling and pinot grigio for the whites, and roses are usually good. I like Brut, very dry champaigne, which is the exception. I don't think I've tried all those you like....maybe someday. ;) Enjoy the nice weather.
    I've already put the sheets in the wash. Oatmeal for breakfast today. yum.
    It's a rainy day in MD, (made me think of the song Rainy Night in Georgia-great song!) Currently 43 degrees with a high of 44 expected, and looks like rain into tomorrow.
    Happy Sunday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I got one car out for a run, but the other can wait until tomorrow I guess. It has been out fairly recently. I got REALLY lucky at the Kroger store I stopped at, and spent exactly $100.

These meat bargains ought to feed me for a while.

And I just spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what the heck KRO CRP CRL is on the receipt.

It's Kroger Crispy Rice Cereal. LOL.

And I have, of course, broken all the meat down into smaller packages and put it away in the freezer.

8dvhju8hjoge.png

bj0jp1z29gjm.png

ll3ulhmrho77.png
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

It's 56 mushy degrees out there now with light rain. I heard more rain during the night. We expect a day with no sun added, and a high of 60.

My dinner last night was a small piece of tenderloin steak, a medium small baked potato, some steamed, lightly buttered broccoli, a glass of no-sugar-added tea, and a 6 ounce glass of red wine. After dinner "dessert" was a small serving of Cajun sesame sticks. Not at all sweet, of course, but it was a nice snack for nibbling an hour or two before bed. Breakfast was two eggs, one sausage patty, one slice of buttered toast with a smear of no-sugar-added cherry jam, and a small mandarin orange fruit cup, no-sugar-added, of course.

I have given Lilo her Monday morning fluid treatment, a tedious chore that neither she nor I am fond of, but necessary. I should fold the laundry today and put it away. Note the "should" there. Whether it actually happens is up in the air.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    It's currently 44 with light rain, supposedly becoming partly cloudy this afternoon with a wind advisory.
    Having my warm blueberries,cinnamon, and apple for breakfast then I'm off for my 1st vaccination.
    I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm feeling nervous, couldn't really get to sleep last night. Will be glad when it's over.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    I just finished folding laundry and putting it away. My smart watch buzzed and congratulated me with "Workout Finished"...

OK. I'll take that.

LOL.

I'll admit, I did work up a bit of a sweat.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 42 cloudy degrees out there now, with an expected high of 52, and some chance of rain.

Dinah and I did get the laundry folded and put away.

0i57hiae37bd.png

And we have more bloomers!

2xgg58hvqlg5.png

9k9v8d5p8y4m.png

I don't have anything critical on the agenda for today, and I am expecting a package that I have to sign for anyway. So I guess I will stay home and await delivery.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Haha, is Dinah shy, or just bumping heads with the laundry? :) Your daffodils are pretty...ours are still just sprouts.
    I went out for a blood test this a.m. I have a physical scheduled for Friday, and they didn't send me a reminder, so I called yesterday. Luckily, I can get blood tests in their office without an appointment....so, done.
    My arm is just a little sore from the vaccination yesterday, a lttle hot, with a hard lump...I usually get swelling, redness, heat and a little soreness from vaccinations, so no biggie.
    Today is sunny and cold. Currently 26 with a high of 43 expected.
    I need to do some research today on selecting a surgeon, not the most fun thing to do. Nothing else special on the agenda. I'll see what the day brings.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! 38 chilly degrees out there under partly cloudy skies, with an expected high of 62 under mostly sunny skies.

I have the dishwasher running, and my only other mandated chores today are to give Lilo her Wednesday fluid treatment, put the clean dishes away, and put away the grocery order I placed yesterday, that should arrive early this afternoon. Oh, and get the chili started in the slow cookers. I thawed a pound of ground beef, and soaked a small bag of cranberry beans overnight. I need to get that started around 10:00 or so this morning.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, I seem to learn a lot about food from you....I've never heard of cranberry beans before, milder and creamier than pinto beans, it seems. I didn't realize that Lilo needed more than 1 treatment per week, poor kitty. Chili is great cold weather food.
    It's currently 42 and sunny here with an expected high of 55 (nice!) before cooling down again by tomorrow.
    I'm feeling really tired, so will probably have a slow day today. May cook up a butternut squash for soup.
    Have a good Wednesday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Well, the clean dishes are put away. The Wednesday plant watering has been done. I forgot to mention that earlier, but my calendar would have reminded me if I tried to forget. The chili has been started, and now I get to ponder lunch options and wait for the grocery delivery. Oh, and the garbage bin has been rolled back up, but the recycle bin hasn't been emptied yet.

Maybe just a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch...

Chili con carne y frijoles, y chili con frijoles, sin carne.

d9ao52pbelap.png

dl4l0taaqj22.png
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, George and i both got our second shot on Monday no problems