Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Ed, taco salad sounds good. I've switched mostly to eggs and a vegetable for breakfast, and one morning made a banana cinnamon egg, sort of like a banana pancake. Beautiful daffodil!
    Jo, I've really missed you...sorry for your schedule change. I hope Sophie's ok. I hope your health is good. Just wondering why you have a new primary care Dr. I was having some doubts about mine after my visit last Friday. I hope your skin check and ortho appts go well. I am looking into hip replacement. The ortho I went to see has been doing anterior for the last 10 years. She was the first in her hospital to do it, and does a lot of them. I'm still working on questions before I go and tell them to set a date. I'm chicken about any medical procedure, and this is a big one. I've been waking up in the middle of the night with questions. Writing them all down before I call back.
    Hi to Irene and Jan.
    It's currently 54 and mostly sunny today with a high of 67 expected!!! Warm and Spring-like! Will definitely spend some time in the sun outdoors. I read for a while yesterday on my porch in the sun. It was nice.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    Jo good luck with Sophie. Hope your Dr visit go ok
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    edited March 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! It's 47 sunny degrees right now, with a partly cloudy high of 75 expected this afternoon.

Being Thursday, Lilo has the day off from any medical procedures or shots. I wonder if she looks forward to Thursday or to the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) because of that? Then again, if there are no medical procedures or shots, then no extra treats either so maybe she would rather have something every day. Somehow I doubt it.

Nothing major on today's agenda. I might try to get out to the international market, if I can get there early enough, to look for exotic fruit and a few cooking sauces I try to keep on hand from there that are very difficult to find anywhere else

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning.
    It's currently 51 and sunny with a high of 74 expected. Wow!!! Beautiful Spring day ahead. Yay!
    I forgot to take my car for a drive yesterday, so will do that today.
    I'm just going to see what the day brings.
    Have a good one, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2021
    I will have to find something special to do for Orion today because March 11, 2021 is officially his third birthday! We don't actually know exactly when he was born, as he's a rescue cat, but this is the day we approximated with the veterinarian.

rxw2pnhw0z0b.jpg
  • eku0
    Aw, pretty cat....happy birthday Orion!
  • parityanimal
    Finally! I can start nosing around for an appointment to be shot.

The Georgia Department of Public Health announced yesterday that beginning Monday, March 15, 2021, patients with chronic health disease, such as diabetes, would become eligible to receive the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID) vaccine.

I did make it to the market this morning, and had a somewhat late lunch because of time slipping away. I got a little bit of fruit, a lot of noodles for J, in different vegetarian flavors, two bottles of our favorite vegetarian oyster flavored sauce, some dried beans, a couple of cans of soup, some skin on, bone in, chicken thighs that had a good price, and an inexpensive bottle of dark red wine, Pinot Noir. $66.37 later, it all came home with me, got unpacked and put away or eaten.

Some of the fresh chicken found its way into my lunch, which took a while to bake, and the rest is packed away in portion sized bags in the freezer, with the date marked.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

46 sunny degrees out there now, with an expected partly cloudy high of 78! That's swimming weather!

The only critical thing on today's agenda is Lilo's Friday night fluid treatment. I may get out in one of the cars, but there's no rush.

Dinner last night was fish and chips for me (steelhead trout) and breakfasty stuff for J.

Don't forget to SPRING FORWARD Sunday morning if your area does that!

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Congrats on being able to get a vax, Ed. I will feel so much safer after the 2nd one. Won't it be great when people can get together again.
    Fish and chips sounds good. I haven't had that in a long time. I had grilled salmon and a small baked sweet potato last night. It was delicious.
    We have a cloudy day today, currently 59, with an expected high of 66, so still pretty warm.
    I did a little cleaning yesterday, will probably do a little more today.
    I'll see what the day brings. Don't need to go anywhere.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

It's 52 degrees out there now under partly sunny skies and we expect a high of 74 with overcast skies and a decent chance of rain.

I may get out to Kroger today. I may not. LOL.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    I finished my jigsaw puzzle. Will start a new one soon...I have 1 left that I haven't done yet.
    lez0gxeay0bc.png
    I really liked all the bright colors in this one.
    I spent some time on the porch yesterday, enjoying the warmth of the sun.
    It's currently sunny and 39 with a high of 55 expected.
    A few chores to do around the house and will see what else the day brings.
    Happy Weekend, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    That is a nice jigsaw puzzle.

Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday!

It's 53 sunny degrees, looking for an expected high of 78 under partly cloudy skies. I may pop out to get eggs and milk, though I think I can wait until tomorrow if necessary. We will see.

And I think I may need to get some laundry started.

Did everyone remember to Spring Forward?

• eku0
    Good morning.
    It's 47 and sunny with a high of 58 expected and a red flag warning. We just started to get these...red flag...low humidity and gusty winds, precautions for fires.
    I didn't change my clocks yet. I don't know why I thought it was tonight...but I saw the change on my phone and computer, so will fix the other clocks when I'm done here.
    Enjoy the nice weather and the rest of the weekend.
  • parityanimal
    I got out to Kroger, incidentally giving J's car a good run to maintain the battery, and bought a couple of Red Baron frozen pizzas, on sale, though we need pizza like we need holes in our heads. I also bought the stuff on my actual list, which included corn chip cups (only used for Taco Tuesday salad or nachos), eggs, milk, stevia sweetener, toothpaste, ketchup, sweet pickle salad cubes, Morningstar Farms vegetarian "bacon" strips, and spreadable butter with olive oil and sea salt. And, of course, a run through the meat department where I picked up some marked down top sirloin, bottom round, ground 80/20 Angus, and a package of nice looking cod filets.

I think that was a successful grocery run. I didn't quite spend ALL the grocery money left in that account. LOL.

I have some chicken thighs, that I had thawed in the refrigerator, baking for my lunch and left a small package of sirloin tip up to do something with for supper. I may cube that up, pop it into a crock pot, and cook it on high for several hours, to shred and have over noodles. Or...Edweirdo, I mean Eduardo, may have some other ideas by the time I finish with baking the chicken, and who knows WHAT that sirloin might turn into?

• parityanimal
    Well, Eduardo thought my meager plans for the sirloin were boring, and so it got turned into delicious beef Stroganoff with leftovers for a couple more meals.

990io40xrnb5.jpg
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! It's 60 partly cloudy degrees out there, with an expected high, still partly cloudy, of 64.

My morning weigh has been hovering just barely on the right side of 200 for a few days now, so I am feeling good about that.

I had a plate of the Stroganoff for breakfast. I do need to get to that laundry today, as the bin is full. I never got around to it yesterday, and am still feeling a bit jet lagged, without the fun of jetting anywhere.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, that stroganoff looks mouth-wateringly great.
    Our crocus are blooming and some of the daffodils, and anemone, the hyacinth have sprouted. Indoors, my peace plant, christmas cactus, orchid, and hibiscus are blooming.
    It was still nice enough yesterday to sit outdoors in the sun for a while. Cooled off today.
    It's currently 33 and partly cloudy with a high of 46 expected, and another day of fire spread threat.
    I have to make a quick run to Walmart to pick up some hair color and a few other personal items. And will see what the rest of the day brings.
    Another new week, have a good Monday everyone.

• parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 47 cloudy degrees out there and we don't expect to see the sun today. The high is expected to reach 53 and overall we have a 98% chance of rain.

I have noticed that, until recent months, rain, well, precipitation chance was always rounded to a 10 so it was 10%, 20%, etc. But in recent months they have changed that to more exact predictions.

I don't think it makes them any more right. They still seem like they are sticking a hand out the window and calling for precipitation if it comes back wet.

I have the dishwasher running, and I need to get to the vet to pick up Lilo's next bag of fluid for her treatments. While out I may run to Kroger for a few items, weather permitting.

• parityanimal
    edited March 2021
    Well I got to Kroger, after picking up Lilo's fluid, and spent the rest of the grocery budget for the month. OK, I overspent the budget by $0.63 but I managed to squeeze in a bargain in the meat bin too!

I will open this package at lunch time today and have some for lunch, repackaging the rest in portion sized freezer packs. I have 80/20 ground beef in there already, but it's portioned into one pound packs. It will be nice to have some ready to cook burger patties on hand too.

And, of course, I picked up some eggs, cereal, crackers, shredded lettuce (for taco salad tonight) and a couple of other things.

If I have to buy more groceries this month, it will be overbudget, but it wouldn't be the first time. LOL.

jcesk8sub4oz.png
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Hubby got his 2nd vax yesterday....mine is in 2 weeks.
    It's currently 37 and cloudy with a high of 46 expected today.
    I'll stop by the library to pick up some more books. I'm enjoying the one I'm reading now "The Flatshare" by Beth O'Leary.
    Have a good Tuesday, everyone.