Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Ed, it's nice that you enjoy gardening. My husband does most of it. He planted another tree out front yesterday.
    We have all kinds of things blooming now....daffodils, crocus, hyacinth, anemones. Indoors, the orchid, Christmas cactus, and peace plant are still flowering.
    I have no special plans for today. Need to email my dietician. Do some laundry. Change/make some more appts. Other things around the house.
    It's currently 39 and sunny, with a high of 65 expected and some cloudiness. Maybe some rain overnight into tomorrow.
    I'm enjoying the time in the sun on my porch. I had to come in yesterday because it got too hot!
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Vix we are doing good thanks for asking
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,327 Member
    Howdy all y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! It's quite nice outside, about 59 degrees and sunny.

I went out between mugs of tea and finished sweeping off a portion of the driveway, in case the lawn guys show up. I know where I wanted these particular sweepings to go. We still have a lot to do, but yesterday involved quite a bit of cutting of roots and overhanging branches, and I took down a small pine tree in the front that we decided we didn't want there.

We are expecting a partly cloudy high of 75 today. I need to give Lilo her Wednesday fluid treatment after lunch.

And I may get out to the store for a few things, but am trying to avoid that.

————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

• eku0
    Good morning.
    It's raining...started overnight, very heavy at times, currently 52 with a high of 60 expected. Glad I got out yesterday to enjoy the sun.
    Not much on tap for today, I should probably take my car out for a drive. Maybe do some cleaning, etc.
    I'm currently reading The Binding by Bridget Collins, sort of Dickensian. And have been piecing together my last new jigsaw puzzle.
    The week rolls on, have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2021
    Well, today's supper turned out to be a triumph for Eduardo.

Braised bottom round in a rich red wine gravy with mushrooms and onion, served over a small serving of mashed potatoes, with very lightly buttered whole kernel corn on the side.

rbc9p7p0a3jm.png

And here is a picture from earlier today of Orion attempting to become one with the shadows.

ti9booxz68e6.png
  • eku0
    Dinner looks very rich, love mushrooms and onions. Orion is a cutie!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Ed-Orion looks just like my Sophie. Your dinner looks good.
    The weather here has been beautiful. Today we are expecting highs of 70 with rain.
    I go for my first vaccine shot tomorrow afternoon.
    Vet still thinks Sophie has a fungal infection, so we are trying a new medication. I really hope this one works.
    Today is my late day at work, 8pm. I also have to go to a 2 hour meeting from 4-6.
    This has been a busy week.
    Have a good day! :)
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's thrilling Thursday!

It's a rainy 60 degrees out there now, with an expectation of 80 overcast degrees this afternoon. I guess Spring has sprung all right, and the usual early summerish temperatures are quickly overtaking us.

I delved more heavily into next month's grocery budget (not that I really do well at all budgeting) at Kroger yesterday, but got everything we needed. To be fair, a good deal of what I got will be used during the next month, so it's not as bad as it sounds on the budget. All the same, if it were challenged by Ricky Ricardo, I might have some 'splaining to do.

And, of course, there are already a couple of things on the list for the next trip or delivery order, which, I think, will be next month.

Congratulations on finally getting an appointment for your shot, Joanne. They really should have gotten to you front line workers much sooner, but this vaccine rollout has been a big mess all along. It does look like it is finally settling down to a steady flow, so we can be thankful for that.

As it's raining, I don't think any yard work or gardening will be on the agenda today. Maybe some housework and a nap.

I had a Mary B's frozen biscuit thin, with added butter and sugar free marmalade, as part of my breakfast. It was heavenly. As long as I can control myself and bake only ONE biscuit thin in the toaster oven, I think they can be a breakfast treat for me, as long as I am not adding other carbs. Of course I can make buttermilk or cream biscuits myself but it's hard to make only one tiny one. That was one of the benefits of the NS baked breakfast goods, that that they were pre-portioned to a proper serving, but I just got to where I was tired of all of them, and didn't want the expense any more. It just became easier to manage on my own with the food.

Anyway, on to my coffee as I have finished my tea.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo, so glad you're getting your vaccination! I hope Sophie's new medication works. I hope you get a chance to relax.
    Ed, it's good to get a bit ahead on shopping. I stopped buying NS food about 10 years ago. I think I like sharing meals. I can still control what and how much I eat.
    Well I've completed my online pre-surgical education class. Hubby joined me. It was good, let us know what we're in for, what to expect. We got some questions answered.
    It's currently 57 and cloudy with a high of 71 expected....balmy!
    I think I will attend the meditation zoom this afternoon. And with my usual daily exercise and minor chores, my day will be filled.
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    edited March 2021
    Howdy all y'all. It's fantastic Friday!

There was some break in the rains yesterday, in the afternoon, but they came back with a vengeance in the evening and overnight, with thunder and a tornado watch. We had one power blink in the storms, but other than that it seems we made it through OK. Even during the afternoon break in the rains, the sun never came out.

It is 62 cloudy degrees out there now, and we are expecting a high of 75 with partly cloudy skies, and a 17% chance of rain today.

It is probably too wet, from yesterday, to even consider any outside work this morning. When it gets lighter, I will go out and peruse to see if anything needs cleanup from the storms.

Happy National Spinach Day!

hubkbt1kmcbu.png

• parityanimal
    Looking through memories, I found a recipe that I recall liking a lot. A flourless pizza recipe! As I recall, I had to bake the crust longer than listed below, to get the texture I wanted, and it still had to be eaten with a fork. But it was quite good.

NO DOUGH PIZZA

Gluten Free, Low Carb, Diabetic Friendly

For when you absolutely want pizza but not all the carbs

Crust

1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping

1/2 cup pizza sauce
    1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
    Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.

With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined.

Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown.

Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust.

Top with cheese and toppings.

Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder.

Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Ed, glad you are safe after that storm. Apparently it did a lot of damage in parts of Georgia.
    I am being very careful with calories at the moment, so that no dough pizza is not in the cards, though it is probably delicious.
    It's currently 68, a mix of clouds and sun today with gusty winds and a high of 75! Warm!
    No special plans.
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • parityanimal
    Well, I made the no dough pizza.

Dinner was delicious. I did also serve salad before, with home made Thousand Islands type dressing.

pibkyqn2yfyt.png

tkq83jn6t8be.png

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning
    Happy Passover!
    Ed- your pizza looks good. I am glad you made it through the storm.
    I hope Jan did also.
    Vix-Do you have a surgery date yet?
    My arm is a little tender, but no other side effects from the vaccine. I get my next dose April17. My work is offering a $10 discount store coupon for each shot and $100 upon completion of the vaccine.
    Have a great day!
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's satisfying Saturday!

62 cloudy degrees out there but I think the sun is peeking through already. We are looking for an afternoon high of 80 under cloudy skies. Needless to say, I had leftover pizza for breakfast. It was quite good cold. I think this recipe, being low carb, tasty, and filling, is a keeper.

Having said that, however, making two recipes, since I am married to a vegetarian, does require some time, as well as a lot of dishes. To be fair, I could have re-used the bowl for the crust, rather than making each one in a separate bowl, but I would still have needed two large baking dishes.

Part of the appeal of our pandemic pizza Friday has been the lack of effort and minor cleanup needed for dinner, since it usually involved ordering pizza for delivery or just taking frozen pizza out of the oven to bake.

Last night, I really wanted pizza, but NOT all the carbs. I have really been watching my carbs the last week or two, and it shows in my weight, that is slowly creeping toward the right side of 200 again. My pants also fit a bit looser, and that's all good. I have had it hovering between 205 and 200 for quite some time, with an occasional dip below 200, that never lasted more than a day or two. I will feel triumphant if I can get it below 200 and keep it there for a significant time period.

So...I used a lot of dishes last night, but it was worth it to make rich tasting pizza with very few carbs.

I may get some house cleaning and maybe laundry started today.

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Jan glad you were fine after your shot i was the same way ,second shot i had a little headache not sure if it was from the shot or just headache take care everyone
  • eku0
    1p1.jpg

Good morning,
    Irene, glad you didn't have side effects from the vaccine.
    Jan, hope you got through the storm ok, and that all is well.
    Ed, that pizza looks delectable! Congrats on the scale going down!
    Jo, congrats on getting your first shot...I guess you got the Pfizer. That's good, supposed to be less side effects. Nice that your work is rewarding you for that. :) I'm going for my 2nd shot on Monday...I got the Moderna, 4 weeks between for that one. I'm so glad they are becoming more available. It will be great when everyone can be vaccinated.
    I've got the date for surgery...May 24th. It gives me time to try to lose a few pounds, get things prepared, and to get used to the idea. Time has been going by so quickly, it's not really that far off.
    Our family is going to stop by tomorrow for a little while, my son's birthday is Monday, so we're going to have a little celebration. Looking forward to seeing them.
    It's currently 47 and partly sunny with a high of 71 expected. Rain overnight into tomorrow. I hope it doesn't linger tomorrow, it'd be great if we could spend time outdoors.
    Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

• parityanimal
    Our wood hyacinths are starting to bloom.

guaj0ynejigt.png
  • eku0
    Pretty! Our regular hyacinths are blooming...they smell wonderful.
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's sumptuous Sunday! 69 overcast degrees now, and we're looking for a partly sunny high of 70, with a 68% chance of thundershowers.

I probably do need to take J's car for a spin this morning, though there isn't anything I really need to buy anywhere. I could run to a Kroger and check out the manager's specials, or, if a certain Indian grocery is open today, perhaps run there to shop around.

The dishwasher is running now, and I may get some laundry started. I say that a lot, but do it less often. LOL.