Quarterly Posts Ending June 30, 2015.

Options

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    Ouch, Jean, so sorry for the painful fire drill!
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    Jean..Your days have to get better after too such awful days. Did you report your fall to the school? You should in case you did more damage than you realized. You must have been shook up when it happened so the knee was probably all you felt at the time.

The scale didn't budge today but I'm hoping it moves tomorrow. Sometimes that happens to me. I know I've been on track all week so it should move soon.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I have no desire to log food on here but I do need to get back to using my spreadsheets! I did some damage in the last couple weeks.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging food on here, although I have done so I the past. I find it rather cumbersome because I cook so much from scratch. It's rather tedious to have to enter every recipe in order to calculate the nutrition info, so after awhile I gave up. If I used more prepackaged foods or cooked the same things all the time it wouldn't be so bad, but I like to vary things and change up my menus to much.

I've been to the gym three times so far this week with plans to go again tomorrow. My friend and I added weights to the routine this week and cut back on the cardio some. We will see if it makes any difference for my weight and shape.

Jean, you are fortunate that you weren't injured and that the kids were kind to you afterward. What were the administrators thinking holding a fire drill on the last day or two of school, anyway? Helene's suggestion about reporting the fall is a good idea, in case you did injure yourself more than you realized.
  • Helene610
    Options
    Pam...I can see why you wouldn't use the logging feature. I tend to eat the same food frequently. I do frequently cook dinner but I make salads, eat yogurt and toast sandwich thins which repeat through the week. I guess that's why the food diary works for me. I only entered one recipe since I started. For salads, I enter separate components to get a total.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    School has been very busy this week. We still have one more week of school for students. I get to miss that because of the procedure. The school knew about the fall. I'm doing fine; no aches or pains today.

I'm having a Lean Cuisine pizza for dinner. I'll have some veggies later as the pizza alone fills me up. I haven't logged food this week as I haven't spent much time online. I definitely won't be logging food next week if I get stuck in the hospital
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I should check out those Lean Cuisine pizzas. Sometimes I do get a craving for pizza.

Since we just got the new microwave I've been doing frozen. I sometimes try to do "matching" dinners. Full calorie for DH; diet meal for me. Good and bad. I sort of feel like we're eating the same thing but OTOH his looks SO much better most of the time. Last evening we both had fettucini alfredo with chicken. His Stouffer's red box and me Lean Cuisine. Also "nuked" a box of green giant green beans with almonds. I give him all the almonds - that doesn't bother me and it makes him happy! I'd rather have fresh green beans steamed but every once in awhile I give him what he prefers. Just once in awhile.... hee hee....

Need to get to the pharmacy to pick up my first prescription filled under the Medicare Part D. It's taken 3 trips. Geesh!
  • Helene610
    Options
    The scale is playing with me today. I hopped on and the one pound weight blinked on and then the scale settled on last week's weight. That tells me I'm on the verge of losing that pound but it will take another day or two. meanwhile, I'm continuing to log my food. I weigh daily just because I like to see where I'm at. I know some people freak if it fluctuates. Normally, I don't move at all except if I'm going to drop down a pound.

I made a Hungry Girl Egg Mug for breakfast. It was fast and filling and it's in the food diary on MFP. I've been doing more cooking since I started logging and I've been scanning recipes to find new things. Variety keeps me interested. I alternate my cooking with NS items.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I haven't checked the scale all week. This has been one very long week. We had an outdoor educational activity today with 95 degree temps.

I was on a roll with logging and checking weight, etc. but something blew the routine and once I deviate, it is hard to return. There is no truth to the 3 weeks makes it a habit for me.

The thermocouple went out on my hot water heater, so I had the repairperson in to take care of that, and someone caressed my car and put a deep scratch in the front along with some lesser ones. Of course, they didn't tell me or perhaps didn't know it happened. That will be an estimated $375. Oh well, the work this week after everything is taken out will take care of that.

Tomorrow will be my last day of subbing for this school year as next week is the scheduled procedure if I choose to go ahead with it.
  • Helene610
    Options
    Jean...I hope you can get back to logging once all the medical procedures are behind you. I know what you mean about losing motivation and how hard to get it back. On the other hand, you were doing so well. I hate to see you lose that.
  • Helene610
    Options
    My missing pound showed up on the scales today along with a bonus 8/10. I'm just short of 4 pounds. At that rate, I should make 5 pounds by the end of the quarter. We do have a 4 day trip to NJ so I'll just have to be careful not to undo all my hard work.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--Great job on the weight loss. You are in the right mindset now.

I am officially home for the summer. If it weren't for the procedure next week, I would still be working next week. We start the second week of August, so this is a long haul when the days have to be made up. We would have been going to the last of June if we hadn't used Spring break to make up 5 days.
  • Helene610
    Options
    One of my friends works in the local High school. They have 5 make up days to go and she said everyone is in a cranky mood. Kids love snow days in the winter but having to make them up is no fun. Enjoy your time off. When will you decide on the procedure?

I had lunch at a Greek restaurant in town. I thought for sure I'd used up most of my calories for the day but I'm pleasantly surprised it came in at 524. I had half a gyro, steam green beans and my friend and I split a baklava. Even though the baklava was 250 calicoes, my other choices let it fit in. And I still have plenty of space left for dinner tonight. I parked in a distant lot, walked to the post office after lunch and then back to the car. All in all, it was a very good day.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--The procedure is a "go" for Wednesday. I go for Pre-admission testing on Tuesday, and have started the process of cutting out the heart meds and blood thinners.

You made a great selection while eating out and also got some exercise in. Good job!
  • Helene610
    Options
    jean...Good luck for next week. I hope all goes well. I'm so pleased I started using MFP for logging. It even inspired me to dig out the food scale I used years ago when I did WW. I find I often eat different amounts (usually less) of the foods I find in the database. This helps me be more accurate in my measurements.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--This site is working well for you. Logging here is as easy as it was at the other site I have used for years, but now has the convenience of the NS people hanging out here.

I went to the city today and got my hair cut, colored and styled. I ate at the Outback and then ventured home, getting caught in a horrible storm which made it difficult to see the road. With country roads that are crooked with few berms, there is little one can do but reduce speed and proceed cautiously. It took me an extra half hour to get home.

I guess all those NS people who joined us didn't bookmark the group page. I have to admit that I was looking forward to their contributions and interactions...but that is just me.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Right now, it is sunny but as of 8am the week ahead looks as if we will have scattered storms.

I'll be giving Midnight some extra TLC today as I'll be taking him to the vet an hour away for boarding tomorrow morning. I'll then return home and pack some things for the "vacation" at the medical spa.

Right now, I'm having a Special K breakfast sandwich for 180 calories and 9g of protein.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    KonaKat wrote: »
    Helene--Great job on the weight loss. You are in the right mindset now.

I am officially home for the summer. If it weren't for the procedure next week, I would still be working next week. We start the second week of August, so this is a long haul when the days have to be made up. We would have been going to the last of June if we hadn't used Spring break to make up 5 days.

School starts the second week of August???????????????????? Geesh!

Will be thinking good thoughts your way this week for a great outcome!!!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Helene610 wrote: »
    My missing pound showed up on the scales today along with a bonus 8/10. I'm just short of 4 pounds. At that rate, I should make 5 pounds by the end of the quarter. We do have a 4 day trip to NJ so I'll just have to be careful not to undo all my hard work.

Sounds like you're doing great!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    The NS refugees board is sort of blah. I think none of these new sites is going to get much (if any) new traffic which means many will wither. We can keep each other going and if anyone stumbles on a site that has active ongoing challenges, etc. and new folks coming and going we can let each other know.