Quarterly Posts Ending June 30, 2015.

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    Helene--It sounds like quite a procedure. I know there are the implants which are designed to affix a tooth permanently and there are those designed for the tooth to be removed as needed and then replaced. Also some are designed to affix a partial, etc. to for good securing but the partial can be removed. Others are more permanent as the tooth is designed to be part of the gum without removal from the post.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,787 Member
    Options
    What I'm doing is permanent. After the crown, it will look like a real tooth. I never discussed a bridge with my dentist but I'd only do one if I wasn't a syndicate for ma implant. He's treated me for decades and had all my X-Rays and thinks I'd be a good candidate. I'm glad I wasn't an emergency and had time to consider my options with his advice. I'm not in any pain but I realize the tooth is on borrowed time. The endodontist agreed I had time to think about it but advised me not to let it go for months in case it became an emergency. It will be abotu 5 weeks after my visit that I start the procedure.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Helene--You have put much thought into this, so I'm sure that the process will go well.
  • Helene610
    Options
    Looking back, I see I need to [roof read more. That should have said candidate rather than syndicate. Oops!
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Helene, as you may recall, I had my two front teeth pulled last year and implants placed after I fell and hit my mouth on the pavement. I required some bone grafts, as well. It was a lengthy process, but I am very happy with the results. My advice would be to go where you feel most comfortable and where your followup care can be done or at least coordinated. My new teeth definitely look better than my natural teeth did. In addition, I was finally able to close the gap I've always had between my two front teeth. On Lauren Hutton and Michael Strahan, it is charming. On me, not so much!

I'm busy prepping for my birthday dinner for a friend tomorrow night and I need to get back to work. Just wanted to weigh in on Helene's dental situation.

Jean, I think you have done a great job keeping this thread going and I wanted to say thank you. If it remains just the three or four of us, I'm ok with that, though of course new people would be welcome, too.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Pam--Thanks for the comment. I got excited when 22 people joined this group when NS abandoned its discussion forums. Silly me should have known better. After all, how many people stay with NS after two months? Not many but NS has their money by the time they leave to focus upon getting new people into the fold. I guess part of my disappointment lies in my having a history of getting people involved and increasing membership, etc. until I got involved with NS. It just doesn't translate over to here. I used to put much energy into finding info, etc. and posting it but to no avail as it didn't meet their needs.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    The new discussion for the third quarter has been started. You can find it under our group name or use the following link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10199865/third-quarter-posts-july-1-september-30?new=1
  • Helene610
    Options
    Pam...I can see why your DH was scared by you passing out. Offering you chocolate was interesting. Maybe it was to bring your blood sugar up quickly? DH's appointment was canceled last minute yesterday. we were supposed to get the stress test results. The doctor and his staff were called to the hospital for emergency cardiac surgery. I hope the patient survived. So we're waiting for a call to reschedule. I'd hoped to head south in a week but it's wait and see for now.