Quarterly Posts Ending June 30, 2015.

Options

Replies

• PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    It's been a relaxing day for me so far. Yesterday was pretty busy so I've enjoyed relaxing with my iPad and spent time finishing a very sad book I've been reading for the past week. Glad to be done with it, even though it was very good. I'm ready for some lighter fare now.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Pam--Glad you had a relaxing day. Sometimes we can really wrap ourselves up in a good book and let our concerns disappear for a period of time. I like diverse reading material from the light to the intellectual. I'm reading a mystery now that is very good.

1191435.png
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    Pam - I usually try to avoid books that are too sad. I see/hear enough sad stuff through CROM. I've got two adoption applications to deal with in the next few days. I'm really excited about one of them!
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,594 Member
    Options
    I feel scattered. The cat group seems to be moving to delphi (which I admit was my suggestion). You guys are here. I like the format of the NS refugees board and see familiar faces. So I have everything bookmarked and hopefully won't lose anyone!
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--I also signed up for the Refugees board. There are so many options. Right now, I have Refugees and groups here.

I must be exhausted. I remember last reading shortly before Midnight. I didn't get up until 9:30am, I do remember my fur baby trying to get me up at one point but I went back to sleep. I didn't even go to the bathroom. This is definitely not me as 6 hours is the norm and at least one bathroom visit.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I sub tomorrow or Monday. Planning ahead is important, so I already know what I will be having for breakfast and while at school. I'll be having the usual Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with strawberries added. For a mid-morning break, I'll have greek yogurt. Lunch will be a Pure Protein bar and an apple or a banana from the school fruit bar.
  • PamS53
    Options
    I've been trying unsuccessfully to add a photo to the NS Refugees site. Any ideas or tips? I've tried every option I can find on the site but nothing seems to work.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a short break from packing. It's slow going and boring. we have to decide what items we should leave here for future visits. That means figuring out if we'll need the item up north. I'm sure we'll make the wrong choice on some items but we're trying to cut down on having to bring down items we use frequently. In that case, I'll buy duplicates.

I looked at the refugee site and couldn't log in. I used my NS user name MA_BookBabe and my password and it didn't recognize me. It said not to use special characters so I tried dropping the underscore with the same results. Did any of you have a problem logging in there?
  • PamS53
    Options
    Helene, the only problem I had in joining was that the confirmation email that was sent went to my spam folder so I had to search for it before I could retrieve the activation code and complete the process of joining the site.
  • KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Helene--You will have to register as a new member on the Refugee site before you log in using your user name or email address.

Pam--I'll look at the photo issue on the Refugee site. I thought I had uploaded an image and just checked. The info on how to do it is under the User Guide Link and sub link dealing with avatars:

https://www.proboards.com/user-guide/avatars/linking-uploading
  • PamS53
    Options
    I get an error message every time I try. I've tried using an existing picture as well as the option to take a picture while in the edit box. No luck either way. I tried to link back to my Facebook account and use my avi picture from that site but it tells me that is not a valid address. I guess I'll have to stick with the generic avi.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Are you wanting to use the pic you are using on this forum?
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life is a phrase often heard. It is the choices we make today that can make a difference. We cannot change the past but today provides us with multiple opportunities to make good choices!
  • PamS53
    Options
    Yes, that is the pic I was trying to use.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I think you should try again. I remember when I uploaded my image, it had one of those options to upload from the computer which is what I used.

https://www.proboards.com/user-guide/avatars/linking-uploading

I have also done my signature at the Refugee board, but there is a limit to how many characters can go into the signature. It will be a choice of using a ticker or using something personalized. I had to cut my personalized one down.
  • sneuffer330
    sneuffer330 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody. Thank you so much for setting up this group, and providing access to us NS refugees. I just came back to NS in March 2015 after a few years hiatus, so I should introduce myself. Thanks for posting the official announcement. Wow. May 11 - next monday!! I was wondering if they were getting rid of the chat with the dietitian. guess they are! I always found that helpful.
    I'll try to be supportive and helpful, like the other lovely people posting useful information. in the meantime, i have been copying some really great posts from the BB.
    BTW, my name is Susan. sneuffer330 is the username i ended up with on MFP.
    Talk to you soon. Sending love and support to you all!!
  • Helene610
    Options
    PamS53 wrote: »
    I've been trying unsuccessfully to add a photo to the NS Refugees site. Any ideas or tips? I've tried every option I can find on the site but nothing seems to work.
    I couldn't figure it out either. Every photo I tried, including the one I'm using here gave me the message the file was too big. I ended up customizing the default avatar so now I look like a cartoon character. LOL. I'll stick with that until someone can tell us how to get a real photo in there.

• Helene610
    Options
    PamS53 wrote: »
    Helene, the only problem I had in joining was that the confirmation email that was sent went to my spam folder so I had to search for it before I could retrieve the activation code and complete the process of joining the site.
    I ended up registering as a new person so I used Helene610 just like here. I guess new site/new name can work.

• KonaKat
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I guess I was lucky in uploading my picture to the refugee site. I just went by the instructions in the link I gave earlier. If you have a pic you prefer to use and want it resized to be smaller so the amount of bytes used is not too much, I will do it for you.