Daily Goals vs The Gremlins

Options
BRaye325
BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
After doing the weekly goals last month, I thought I would raise the bar and try to set up a daily goal thread to help us stay on track. I borrowed this idea from Mike (HappyTrails7) and a thread we joined last month that went after late night snacking and it really helped me.

Here is how it will work:

You set what you feel are attainable daily goals you think you can do everyday. For example, exercise commitments, calorie settings, snacking rules, etc. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many days you stuck to it"
Gremlins: "number of times the gremlins got me"

Example:
Me: 2
Gremlins: 0
indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - Gremlins: 1*
if Gremlins won the 3rd night.

You can also add a line after your daily score sharing some of your tricks and rules to help everyone.

You can just start your count on your first full day after you join the group. I am starting tomorrow for May 1. This thread will be continuous and won't have an end date so you can do it for as long as it helps.

It's as simple as that. I'll post first so you can follow my lead.

Welcome! And don't let the Gremlins get you! >:)>:)>:)

Replies

• BRaye325
    Options
    My daily goals starting May 1
    1. Stay at or under my calorie target
    2. Only eat measured portions while sitting down (No open bags or containers)
    3. Exercise at least 20 minutes/day
    4. Make at least 3 positive or fun comments to my MFP friends in my news feed
    5. Pre-log if I am eating out
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    My daily goals starting May 1:

1. Don't go above calorie target
    2. Log every morsel as accurately as possible, measure/weigh all.
    3. Continue daily morning walk
    4. Eat slowly. Remind myself that I am not a vacuum cleaner
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Already the Gremlin got me. I did my morning walk plus another this afternoon. But I made a stupid choice at lunch, another less than clever choice at dinner, too, considering I knew my sins at lunch. Plus i ate my dinner like a Hoover. I did however log every last mistake.

So for today, we are at a 2-2 draw, the Gremlin and I. The first day and look at the state of me. Oh, The Gremlin dies tomorrow. >:)
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 1
    Me: 1

Challenging day as I had a business lunch at a restaurant and pizza for dinner. I managed to pre-log and stay within my calories.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 2... Me: 4. TheGremlin 0. Did what I was supposed to do!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 2

• BRaye325
    Options
    May 3
    Me: 3

Today's challenge has been a road trip. I'm on a business trip which would have derailed me in the past. I pre-logged as I went and even checked out the restaurant menu and logged before going for dinner.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 3
    Me: 4
    Gremlin: 0

The Gremlin is going to be utterly defeated by monthly end.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this a red hot go :)

My daily goals starting May 1
    1. Stay at or under my calorie target
    2. 10,000 Fitbit steps per day
    3. Dont eat in the car
    4. No more than 3 coffees per day

Ok I'm gonna hit post now :blush:
  • Luthien007
    Options
    May 1-3
    Me:3
    Gremlins: 1

Yesterday I ate mandarins in the car on the way home from shopping. From now on, ALL shopping goes in the boot of the car so I cant reach it.

This feels like a confessional ....lol
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Luthien007 wrote: »
    May 1-3

Yesterday I ate mandarins in the car on the way home from shopping. From now on, ALL shopping goes in the boot of the car so I cant reach it.

Gremlins can do such odd things. Like munch on the ends of baguettes while you are transporting them home from the supermarket. And they open cookie bags too. All while YOU, wonderful you, are driving sedately down the road not realizing what havoc they are wreaking... leaving you puzzled as to how the ends of your bread are gone along with half a sleeve of cookies. And they scatter crumbs down the front of your shirt as if YOU were the one doing the eating. Gremlins MUST die!
  • Luthien007
    edited May 2015
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    May 1-3

Gremlins can do such odd things. Like munch on the ends of baguettes while you are transporting them home from the supermarket. And they open cookie bags too. All while YOU, wonderful you, are driving sedately down the road not realizing what havoc they are wreaking... leaving you puzzled as to how the ends of your bread are gone along with half a sleeve of cookies. And they scatter crumbs down the front of your shirt as if YOU were the one doing the eating. Gremlins MUST die!

lol........mean little buggers they are :smile:

Today I ticked all the boxes

Me 3 (yesterday should have been 2)
    Gremlins 1

• BRaye325
    Options

LOL..... Yes confessional or victory posting!
  • BRaye325
    edited May 2015
    Options
    May 4

Finished my road trip and back home tonight. I made really good restaurant choices and got my workout in after I got home.
    Take that gremlins!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 4

Gremlins: 2

You're doing good, Bill. Me? Not so much. But tomorrow is another day.
  • Luthien007
    Options
    May 5
    Gremlins 1

Very busy day - did a leslie sansone dvd in front of tv to bring my fitbit steps over 10,000 - showered and fell into bed. Still it is done. Dont know if I would have pushed myself to do that if it wasn't for this thread. I really didnt want to let the gremlins win today.

You guys are going great. Thanks.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about the score. I was good all day, even logged 4 Dove promises, someone ate 10. ugh! At least the scale didn't move this morning.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 5
    Gremlins 1

Very busy day - did a leslie sansone dvd in front of tv to bring my fitbit steps over 10,000 - showered and fell into bed. Still it is done. Dont know if I would have pushed myself to do that if it wasn't for this thread. I really didnt want to let the gremlins win today.

You guys are going great. Thanks.

Great day! Glad we can help motivate you. :smiley:
  • BRaye325
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I am not sure about the score. I was good all day, even logged 4 Dove promises, someone ate 10. ugh! At least the scale didn't move this morning.

Ahhhhh, chocolate is my cryptomite. I have some only on my special reward shelf, only bite size morsels and never when it puts me over my calories for the day. If someone leaves some out in the open, it's not safe for me or the chocolate!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    You're doing good, Bill. Me? Not so much. But tomorrow is another day.

Hey, just keep taking it on one day at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day!