Options

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    May 27

Me: 24*
    Gremlins: 3

They tried to get me while I was watching my Blackhawks win last night, but I beat them down like the sad little critters they are! :D
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    They got me today, but I realized that now when I go overboard I still eat less than I used to on a "regular" day. Its progress anyway. :neutral:
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    They got me today, but I realized that now when I go overboard I still eat less than I used to on a "regular" day. Its progress anyway. :neutral:

That is progress!

May 27 and 28

Me 6
    Gremlins 2

Tomorrow they die.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 28

Me: 25*

Current streak: 4 days - going to try to finish the month off on a streak!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 29

Me 3
    Gremlins 1

Little demons.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 29

Me 3
    Gremlins 1

Little demons.
  • mommasrecipes
    mommasrecipes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all, just joined a day or two ago, but I'm going to join this thread even if I'm late to the party:)
    Goals:
    1. stay within calorie budget
    2. log everything I eat
    3. walk at least 30 minutes a day.
    OK. Better post now, since I'm sure the Gremlins will get me if I try for more goals than these. Cheers!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Hey Y'all, just joined a day or two ago, but I'm going to join this thread even if I'm late to the party:)
    Goals:
    1. stay within calorie budget
    2. log everything I eat
    3. walk at least 30 minutes a day.
    OK. Better post now, since I'm sure the Gremlins will get me if I try for more goals than these. Cheers!

Welcome aboard, those little guys are everywhere! It's great to have more of us scaring them off.

May 29

Me: 26*
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 30

Me 0
    Gremlins 4

I had the worst day in all the time I have been on mfp. I ate like a lunatic. Chips? Cookies? Three helpings of mashed potatoes? Breaded, fried chicken cutlets and not just one small one either. Didn't walk or exercise. Didn't measure. And certainly didn't stay anywhere close to goal. I willfully ate KNOWING I was making poor choices. I was a reckless, wanton jezebel of an eater today. The gremlins won today. Tomorrow they die.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Nikki, sorry to hear about your bad day. Try to determine why it happened and then move on. Were you pushing yourself too hard, was it emotional, or did you just decide to take a break. Rebooting and starting fresh is the key. It's a new day!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 30

Me: 27*
  • mommasrecipes
    mommasrecipes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    May 30
    Me: 1*
    Gremlins: 0
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we need a day like that Nikki to remind us why we are here. You got this.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Nikki, sorry to hear about your bad day. Try to determine why it happened and then move on. Were you pushing yourself too hard, was it emotional, or did you just decide to take a break. Rebooting and starting fresh is the key. It's a new day!
    marekdds wrote: »
    Sometimes we need a day like that Nikki to remind us why we are here. You got this.

Bill, I was just plain hungry. And feeling a little sorry for myself. And just in one of those eff it all moods. Not my usual. MO but it was like I was possessed. Gremlins!. Today I am much better, eating and exercising like a sane person. As Jen says, I got this. Onward and upward.
  • BRaye325
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey Nikki - maybe try one of these next time!

2nkhqmw.jpg
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 31

Me: 28*

I finally made it through a Sunday night - streak is currently 7 days!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Hey Nikki - maybe try one of these next time!

2nkhqmw.jpg

That's the ticket!

June 1
    Me 3
    Gremlins 1

Always a work in progress.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    After doing the weekly goals last month, I thought I would raise the bar and try to set up a daily goal thread to help us stay on track. I borrowed this idea from Mike (HappyTrails7) and a thread we joined last month that went after late night snacking and it really helped me.

Here is how it will work:

You set what you feel are attainable daily goals you think you can do everyday. For example, exercise commitments, calorie settings, snacking rules, etc. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many days you stuck to it"
    Gremlins: "number of times the gremlins got me"

Example:
    Me: 2
    Gremlins: 0
    indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - Gremlins: 1*
    if Gremlins won the 3rd night.

You can also add a line after your daily score sharing some of your tricks and rules to help everyone.

You can just start your count on your first full day after you join the group. I am starting tomorrow for May 1. This thread will be continuous and won't have an end date so you can do it for as long as it helps.

It's as simple as that. I'll post first so you can follow my lead.

Welcome! And don't let the Gremlins get you! >:)>:)>:)

Anyone that reads this and wants to join, can just jump in at anytime. Maybe we can get a couple more tracking daily goals. :smile:
  • BRaye325
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My daily goals starting May 1
    1. Stay at or under my calorie target
    2. Only eat measured portions while sitting down (No open bags or containers)
    3. Exercise at least 20 minutes/day
    4. Make at least 3 positive or fun comments to my MFP friends in my news feed
    5. Pre-log if I am eating out

June 1

Me: 29*

Streak - 8 days
  • BRaye325
    Options
    2rvzd00.jpg