Daily Goals vs The Gremlins

Options

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fine day in Sydney. Exhausting, but fun.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    May 10

Me: 9
    Gremlins: 1*

They got me last night. I went to see the new Avengers movie with my wife and kids. I did great at the theater, no treats, but sitting next to everyone else munching away got to me. Starting a new streak today!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    May 10

Me: 9
    Gremlins: 1*

They got me last night. I went to see the new Avengers movie with my wife and kids. I did great at the theater, no treats, but sitting next to everyone else munching away got to me. Starting a new streak today!

Sneaky monsters. You will slay them today.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 11

Me: 10*
    Gremlins: 1

Back on track and killing those little bastrds!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 12

Me: 11*
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My daily goals are simply to measure and log everything and to stay within my calorie goals. I tend to get lazy with measuring...the 'ol "I'll just eyeball it" problem.
  • BRaye325
    edited May 2015
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I tend to get lazy with measuring...the 'ol "I'll just eyeball it" problem.

I have that exact problem too, the ole optimistic eyeball.
    I'm really pretty good at estimating, but I find I need to be spot checking my portions. I also go there first if the scale isn't showing what I expect.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 12
    Me: 2
    Gremlins: 2

May 13
    Me: 3

I was feeling unusually tired and the gremlins took advantage of my weakened state, being the rat bastids that they are. I am back to full strength. I can feel their disappointment. ha!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    ...being the rat bastids that they are. I am back to full strength. I can feel their disappointment. ha!

^^^ Love that!

May 13

Me: 12*
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    ...being the rat bastids that they are. I am back to full strength. I can feel their disappointment. ha!

^^^ Love that!

May 13

Me: 12*

They are being thwarted by you everyday... Soon they will feel the full scourge of your wrath and will never show their demonic faces to you again.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 14

Me 4
    Gremlins 0

Die, suckers, die!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    May 14

Me: 13*

fng5xg.jpg
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Your gremlins should have gremlins for indulging in soda and popcorn. Nice pic !!
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 15

Me 3
    Gremlins 1

Enjoy it while you can, Gremlins, tomorrow you're going down.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    That picture was me at the movie last night. Managed to stay in my calories though, so take that we creepy little varmin!

May 15

Me: 14*
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I think the Mexican gremlins got me last night. Mexican food is one of my downfalls, scale is up, hope it is just all the salt. :smile: D
  • BRaye325
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Mexican is one of my favorites too. I'm sure it will be gone in a day or two.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    My daily goals starting May 1
    1. Stay at or under my calorie target
    2. Only eat measured portions while sitting down (No open bags or containers)
    3. Exercise at least 20 minutes/day
    4. Make at least 3 positive or fun comments to my MFP friends in my news feed
    5. Pre-log if I am eating out

I am pleased with my month so far although the scale isn't moving much. I'm killing the exercise and have been staying very active with MFP friends.

May 16

Me: 15
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    May 17

Me 0
    Gremlins 4

It was an awful day. I had a bridal shower to attend at one of my favorite restaurants. Need I say more? I did okay in the appetizer round... 2 chicken meatballs, a piece of eggplant rollatini that was 2 bites and half of a half piece of Italian bread. Then I had the other half with butter. Then I had a puny portion (1 cup, if that) of penne alla vodka. It was too salty but did that stop me? No. Then chicken Francese. Not a huge portion like you get when you have dinner there, but enough. Then I had a small piece of sheet cake because it had cannoli filling. I only drank water and one cup of coffee, except for a small 3 oz glass of champagne to toast the bride. Plus I didn't walk this morning. Plus I hoovered my food. Dang it, I'm hungry sometimes, especially now that my calories are cut to 1260. So while I had a good time, the Gremlins had a better one.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Yea Nikki I feel for you. Events like that were there is so much open food you have no control over are the toughest. The only suggestion I have is to ask ahead what will be served and then prelog as much as possible. It gives you permission to have some of what you like and can help keep those damn gremlins in their place.