Me: 3
    Gremlins: 1
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Dec 11 and 12 amd 13

Me 0
    Gremlins 9

A horrible weekend. Ah well. At least I had a good time...
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Dec 12 & 13

Me: 6
    Gremlins: 2

Saturday was perfection.... Sunday not so much. :neutral:
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Dec 14

Me: 4
    Gremlins: 0
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    December 14 15 16

Me 3
    Gremlins 6

• BRaye325
    Options
    Dec 15 & 16

Me: 6
    Gremlins: 2
  • BRaye325
    Options
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Dec 17

Heading into stormy seas, two birthday parties, three Christmas parties. Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    Dec 17

Heading into stormy seas, two birthday parties, three Christmas parties. Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Better put your seatbelt on and hang tight!
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My left Achilles is sore from running too much, my right hip is sore since I started running again, my right shoulder is always sore. Love to limp to the gym and stomp on these gremlins. Use it or lose it. I know I will be sore if I exercise or if I don't. Would rather give my body a reason to be sore and challenge these gremlins.
    Me 1
    Gremlins 0
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    It has been a disaster of a week. I thought I had zero social events until I ended up with four. You know what? It is what it is. I will just do the best i can to be careful meal by meal and if I have too much chocolate or champagne on any given day, well, I wll just have to take the consequences and get back to a better routine once the holidays are over. I will just be grateul that people invite me to things and are kind enough to put out spreads of stuff I don't allow myself to have at home or in the general course of daily life. i just am not the type to bring hummus or crudite to munch on when I know darn well I am going to eat the lasagna or chocolate cake anyway.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    It has been a disaster of a week. I thought I had zero social events until I ended up with four. You know what? It is what it is. I will just do the best i can to be careful meal by meal and if I have too much chocolate or champagne on any given day, well, I wll just have to take the consequences and get back to a better routine once the holidays are over. I will just be grateul that people invite me to things and are kind enough to put out spreads of stuff I don't allow myself to have at home or in the general course of daily life. i just am not the type to bring hummus or crudite to munch on when I know darn well I am going to eat the lasagna or chocolate cake anyway.

I am a firm believer that all eating should be done with a smile on your face. There are a lot of reasons why you can be happy while you eat at these gatherings. There is a difference in the body when you feel guilt, shame, remorse or anger versus happiness. Celebrate with the knowledge that this is not something that continues after the holidays.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,972 Member
    Options
    Mccmack wrote: »
    nikkib0103 wrote: »

I am a firm believer that all eating should be done with a smile on your face. There are a lot of reasons why you can be happy while you eat at these gatherings. There is a difference in the body when you feel guilt, shame, remorse or anger versus happiness. Celebrate with the knowledge that this is not something that continues after the holidays.
    That is a refreshing idea... taking joy from the food; expressing gratitude instead of negative emotions.

At supper this evening, the extended family gathered and chatted. Plenty of food to be had and those of us who were trying to be careful of portions, skipping dessert, etc all conceded over-eating was pretty easy. Someone offered the comparison of dealing with other bad habits like smoking or drinking alcohol. I rebutted that saying if someone quits smoking or drinking, it is a struggle but neither alcohol nor tobacco are essential for life. One cannot simply quit eating without consequence.

The dietitian who I'm seeing talks about changing one's relationship with food. Refining how I view meals has proven difficult for me but perhaps I am approaching it from the wrong mindset. "Food" for thought.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Once the holidays are over, I find that I don't eat certain things. I don't eat my beloved Lindt truffles except for Chrsitmastime. I rarely have alcohol, except for super special occasions if it isn't December. So I am just going to roll along and at least eat like normal for breakfast and lunch but enjoy my outings. Because I tell you, once January rolls in, nobody wants to do anything much and I am back to yogurt and almonds for snacks. Both of which I like anyway. I sometimes wish I was like a friend of mine who is a horrible cook and actually does not really enjoy food.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I had a challenging weekend as I had two birthday parties and holiday prep to do, but I managed to get through it and do pretty well.
  • Karen_8992
    Karen_8992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It is the beginning of the work week and I just saw this Goals vs. Gremlins. What a perfect day to participate.
    1. 10,000 steps (easy to do when I am not on vacation)
    2. Log food
    3. Exercise even if it is only a little bit each day.
    4. Find 15 minutes for my choice for me (ex.: read, sit outside, or puzzles, etc.)

I'm ready: GO! :_
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    We all need to realize we are human. We aren't on the website because we have been underweight all our lives. I will manage the best I can, not eat too horribly and try to get in some exercise. Just being aware will make this holiday season much more successful than my "eat everything in sight" holidays of the past.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Karen_8992 wrote: »
    It is the beginning of the work week and I just saw this Goals vs. Gremlins. What a perfect day to participate.
    1. 10,000 steps (easy to do when I am not on vacation)
    2. Log food
    3. Exercise even if it is only a little bit each day.
    4. Find 15 minutes for my choice for me (ex.: read, sit outside, or puzzles, etc.)

I'm ready: GO! :_

Welcome Karen! You've got some great goals. Congratulations on hitting the 60 pound loss mark, you are doing awesome!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Dec 21

I even survived the annual cookie baking party put on by my daughters. I kept busy playing with the grandkids, they wore me out!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Dec 22

Me: 3
    Gremlins: 1

First Christmas get-together starting tonight - may the force be with me!