Daily Goals vs The Gremlins

Options
1293031323335»

Replies

• Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Stick with it Nikki. Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Stick with it Nikki. Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels.

I know but it sure doesn't feel like that some times. So long as I keep getting back on the wagon and roll down the right track I will be fine in the end. I just have been falling off a lot more. I didn't expect the holidays to be as difficult and I hate January anyway. I started dieting last January and did so well. Then it occurs to me that the enthusiasm of starting last January and early success has not transferred to the "a year on and it's just not as much fun" of this January. Still we persevere.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ nikkib0103, in the two and a half years I've been doing this I can't even tell you how many times I've either given up temporarily or wanted to give up completely. It's a difficult journey when the alternative is so easy............but you want this and you will get back up and dust yourself off and keep going. Our motivation ebbs and flows but our determination is what gets us to our goal! Keep going!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It's not that I want to give up, but sometimes it's hard ...
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    If this was easy everybody would be doing it. When we're all skydiving on our 90th birthday, we can look down at the graveyards full of people who didn't stay the course. That may sound a bit extreme, but for me and the others here with a heart attack behind us, the choices are just that stark. Fit or dead. To a lesser extent, we're all facing the sme choice. Our last decades can be enjoyable with a short, fast decline to a full stop, or fewer years spent dying slowly. But, as the big Lebowsky said, that's just my opinion man.
  • luluinca
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    If this was easy everybody would be doing it. When we're all skydiving on our 90th birthday, we can look down at the graveyards full of people who didn't stay the course. That may sound a bit extreme, but for me and the others here with a heart attack behind us, the choices are just that stark. Fit or dead. To a lesser extent, we're all facing the sme choice. Our last decades can be enjoyable with a short, fast decline to a full stop, or fewer years spent dying slowly. But, as the big Lebowsky said, that's just my opinion man.

That's pretty much where I am too.........trying to make the last years as good as possible!!! At the end of the journey I'd like to look back and say I tried!!! Sometimes it's hard but what choice do we really have if we want to stick around a bit longer and enjoy it!!!

Me: 2
    Gremlins: -1
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    We should do a group jump! I don't even want the short decline. I want to go from being overexcited by something and keeling over then and there. But it won't get to the end firing on all cylinders if I don't get in gear now. You folks do me a world of good.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Jan 19

Me 1
    Gremlins 2

But I am happy to have come in under. It's enough for today.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I literally forced myself yesterday to get up and out the door for a walk/run, but this morning I couldn't make it to the door..........LOL. I haven't been sleeping very well and I can really tell how badly that affects my energy and mood. Soooooo, today it's a clean the kitchen counter tile kind of day and I'll call it a draw with the Gremlins. Tomorrow I'll beat them though.

Me 1
    Gremlins 1
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    I feel a little Gremliney.

Because I can't move around too much, with the painful ripped ligaments, I'm not that hungry anymore. And if I eat something that my coworker brings in from his bakery, I can't finish my breakfast and/or eat lunch too.

I only eat the best things that he brings in, and in the 6 weeks that I've been out of it, I only had treats twice, but I don't want to gain weight and I do want to eat healthful and nourishing foods !!!!!

Argh.

• luluinca
    Options
    Made it to the gym this morning and now we're taking off to shop rental chairs and tables for the wedding so I'm winning today!

Me 2
    Gremlins 0
  • telynau
    telynau Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Gremlins you say... Gremlins ate my entire postie :o
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    No points for me the past few days. them gremlins. Ugh.

However, I am feeling pretty good and slowly getting back on track.
  • luluinca
    Options
    I've been clobbering the gremlins the last few days and hope that continues! With the exception of one day last week of feeling sorry for myself....LOL.....I haven't even seen them around!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Have lost a little since I weighed myself so the Gremlins definitely lose !!!