edited May 2015
    Options
    whoops double
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Rows 5x5 - 1005lbs - easy

for realz? damn :p:p

i get it. holy cow, though - 225 squats.

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Yeah, awesome on the 225 squat. I'm still hoping just to deadlift that some day, can't imagine squatting that high.

Long day and kind of off night at the gym. I didn't have any little pony tails for my hair as the sides are still shoulder length and get in the way. Then I hadn't charged my iPod so it wouldn't have lasted the whole sessions, so I went without my music. Tried to get increases on most of the lifts since it's the last one for Stage 3 but I skipped a couple things. An okay time considering but could have been better overall.

NROLFW Stage 3 - B4

warmup with squats, 3x5 @ 110 - these were okay but it starts feeling heavy on shoulders above 100

bar romanian deadlift/bent over row 3x6 @ 80 - okay for deadlift but hard to row

goblet squat 3x6 @ 35 - still pretty easy
    wide grip lat pulldown 3x6 @ 80 - tried again but it's heavy, don't think I will get to 90 any time soon

back extensions 3x6 @ 25 - had the plate already there so went with it, more challenging this time
    YTWL 3x6 @ 7.5 - kept this time as I didn't want to go to 10 yet, maybe stage 5

prone cobra 1 @ 70, 1 @ 90 and 1 @ 120 - struggled, realized it wasn't improving so forced myself to try for longer on the last one but blah

deadlift 1x5 @ 135 and 1x5 @ 175 - left hand calluses started aching during these and could barely do the 175

Need some sleep. I'm doing a 10 hour shift at work for mother's day. Fun times.
  • Anniel88
    Anniel88 Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    225 squats? Awesome!

Thanks for the info on the plates. Both 120 and 135 lbs seem like so far away! I accidentally slept in this morning and didn't make it to the gym. If I don't get back too late tonight, I'll try to go tonight after going to my mother's to help garden. Otherwise my gym schedule will be off again this week.

Also, I forgot to add, Happy Mother's Day to any mother's out there.
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thank you guys for responding my question about the OHP. I will play with the reps until I feel the 5x5 45lbs is coming closer!

Had a tough weekend and really felt that in the gym this morning.

Squats: 1x5 1x4 88 lbs. Then deloaded again to 83 lbs for 3x5 because my form wasn't feeling/looking too good.
    Bench: 5x5 55 lbs. Same as last time and they felt slightly better too.
    Rows: 5x5 66 lbs. For some reason they seem to go really well. Hey, not complaining :)

I sometimes wonder whether I should just push myself more to get the weight up or I should be slower and practice my form until perfection.. It's like I don't know in what "range" I can be with my form to count it as a rep or a fail. (Damn, this is hard to explain in English, considering it's not my first language!)

This is my fourth week in SL and I think I'll take my measurements again at the end of this week. Curious if I'll see a difference.

Also going for an extra swim after work today. Will feel good (I think) to do something else but lifting for a change :)
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Lifted yesterday because I had company over Friday and Saturday. It just dawned on me that I struggled with OHP last time because I was doing 65 instead of 60. Oops!

Squat 125 5x5 which was suspiciously easy. Going to stay here for a bit anyway.

Row 80 5x5. I dropped it back to 80 because my form wasn't very good at 85. 80 was a little easy so will try 85 again.

Bench 90 5x3. Still hard but I'm getting more reps in. App told me to de-load so I told the app to de-load its face. Going to keep at 90.

Assisted dips -25 3x5
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning feeling weak as a baby kitten. It really was quite sad and pathetic. Just what I wanted for a start to Deadlift/OHP 1 Day.
    Even the bar felt heavy getting ready for Deadlifts but I got through it somehow.
    160 lbs x 5, 185 lbs x 3, 205 lbs x 1
    OHP this was a little better since I just deloaded it
    55 lbs x 5, 65 lbs x 3, 70 lbs x 3
    Then superset of
    Rows 70 lbs
    Pushups
    Negative pull ups
    5x5 for it

I just want to eat and sleep. Not sure why I am so blaah since I have been eating at or above maintenance for the last week or so.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Woke up this morning feeling weak as a baby kitten. It really was quite sad and pathetic. Just what I wanted for a start to Deadlift/OHP 1 Day.
    Even the bar felt heavy getting ready for Deadlifts but I got through it somehow.
    Then superset of
    Rows 70 lbs
    Pushups
    Negative pull ups
    5x5 for it

I just want to eat and sleep. Not sure why I am so blaah since I have been eating at or above maintenance for the last week or so.

Forgive me if I asked this before, but I just can't recall: Is there any reason why you don't seem to ever push for an AMRAP on the last set? Is it because the weight is too challenging to even go for 1 more rep or just because you don't want to program it that way?

Also, it IS allergy season, right about now. Maybe that's what's making you feel weak. I definitely feel a difference in my strength, sleep, and cardio.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    UBB 2.0 Conquer W3D1

I tweaked something in my left shoulder last night in bed (of all the stuff I could do, adjusting my pillow did it). I woke up this morning feeling a smidge uncomfortable but loads better so I went with it. Warm-up was okay. Doing snatches didn't aggravate it whatsoever so I went with it, but I kept it lighter and told myself I wouldn't push it.

1A) EMOTM x6
    Snatch + Hang Snatch x2
    Did 70lbs first 2 sets, missed the second "rep" on the 3rd set, managed them clean on the 4th but decided to regress to 65 for the last 2 rounds. While it didn't hurt I definitely did not have 100% power on my left side and it left me unbalanced and I didn't wanna risk it.

Also actually have no reference to what I did last week atm because my notebook is MIA. Today just wasn't my day! Ha.

2A) Squats EMOTM x4 @80% x3 - 150
    EMOTM x4 @ 85% x2 - 160
    These went well. Form felt good and I think I kept upright more than I usually do when the weight gets heavy.

3A) 3 rounds for time
    - 10 DB Front Squats @ 30 (same as 2 weeks ago)
    - 5 Barbell deadlift @ 195 (I think that's +10lbs)
    - 25 Push-ups on DB
    I finished in 11:07. Have no idea if this is better than the last time but I definitely tried.

Shoulder surprisingly felt okay on the push-ups, but then I cleaned the empty bar to put it back on the rack and the pain came back full force. I've started taking a 60s cold shower every day as part of a toughtness challenge. It actually made the shoulder pain diminish a bit, but it seems any sort of pulling movement now makes it scream. So I'll be taking tomorrow off or running only and giving it some rest. Depending on how it feels tomorrow I'll decide if I sideline myself any further. I hate to do it but the last thing I need is a serious shoulder injury less than 3 weeks out of my first OCR of the year.
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    krokador wrote: »
    Then superset of
    Rows 70 lbs
    Pushups
    Negative pull ups
    5x5 for it

Forgive me if I asked this before, but I just can't recall: Is there any reason why you don't seem to ever push for an AMRAP on the last set? Is it because the weight is too challenging to even go for 1 more rep or just because you don't want to program it that way?

Also, it IS allergy season, right about now. Maybe that's what's making you feel weak. I definitely feel a difference in my strength, sleep, and cardio.

I go AMRAP but I find once I get to the prescribed reps I am just done. And I am a chicken some times and other times I try and fail and don't bother posting about it. OHP because of a recent deload I was able to hit 3 instead of 1 but that is just because of a recent deload.
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    @krok sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it clears up fast
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've been MIA, but I haven't been doing much. A few slow walks in the last few days has been it. This week I'm taking off of lifting and will just do some cardio at will. I think it was just time for me to rest up - I've been way too tired to keep pushing so hard. I think a week off will work out well for me. I hope it's the right decision...
  • Llamapants86
    Options
    Deena enjoy some rest!

I went out to do sprints but runtastic crashed half way through so I figured I would just finish it out with an easy jog. Still feeling pretty tired and blah (and hungry). I am at 38.9 km for the SISM challenge of 200 km
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I ran two races this weekend. Saturday's race was 9.5 miles with almost 30 obstacles. Sunday's race was about 5 miles with 20-ish obstacles. I'm still beat today, so I'm resting instead of lifting. I want to lift, but I know it's smarter to not. Le sigh.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this really was the last dumbell workout for me today.
    General warmup sets/testing the lifts with the bar/good mornings.
    Squats 5x5 65# (felt a little hard too much warmup perhaps)
    OP 5x5 35# (used my new bar yea! and ankle weights on my wrists and felt easy so must be harder with the Dumbbells I was using)
    DL 5x2 65# (too easy so trying to progress somewhat until I get my plates - next workout!)
    I will likely increase the weights over the 5# increment if I find them too easy next workout if I feel good about form with the barbell. Ready for a challenge!! Have a great week all!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats xcalygirl on your races! That is just amazing! I would love to try something like that one day. Everyone else great work and those resting enjoy your rest you know your body will thank you for it!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all. I ran 5.5 miles on Saturday and did 5 planks at 1 minute for each plank. Definitely need to work on the core. It felt good to get some cardio in since I really love to run. As for SL, started week 8. I'm also on a strict eating regimen (okay, eating my daily macros without eating my activity calories unless I get real hungry). I'm not sure if I'm liking how I look although I know it's been only 8 weeks. I just want to get be toned and get rid of my fat and I'm sure that takes time so I'll keep at it.

Workout for today:

Squats: 5x5x 110 lbs. Felt good but felt it on my last rep.

OPs: 5x5x 50 lbs. Did well with a slight back arch but finished. Will stay at this weight for the week.

Deadlift: 5x5x 135 lbs. I increased weight by 20 lbs. since last workout was too light. These felt good.

Biking: to and from work: 5 miles total, 45 minutes.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k Week 9 Day 1 is done.

I jogged 30 minutes. Woot! Though, based on steps I'm not at 3 miles yet but still. I made it a whole 30 minutes and it was easier than friday cause it wasn't hot out and I hadn't done heavy leg lifts the night before, though I did work almost 10 hours yesterday. Definitely moving hamstring/glute accessories to saturday instead of doing them thursdays. It's not so bad jogging 30 minutes and hopefully I can increase the time as I have a month until my first 5k.
  • craftymommy
    craftymommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Week one for me is done.

Saturday's workout:
    Squats: 5x5 @50#
    OHP: 5x5 @45#
    Deadlifts: 1x5 @95#

Today's workout:
    Squats: 5x5 @55#
    Bench: 5x5 @50#
    Rows: 5x5 @50#

I took a break from long walks this past weekend. This morning I was back to 3 miles.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »

I jogged 30 minutes. Woot!

made me smile. i've been admiring how you quietly just keep doing all this big range of stuff and making all this progress; it's impressive.

i had a lacklustre workout a tonight.

squats: buncha warmup, then 7x5@75. because why? because the selfish people were in the gym, is why. and the most selfish, most loudmouthed, most intentionally offensive bro-ish one of them all came up on me when i'd done maybe two warmups and asked me how many sets i had left. and then when i told him he asked 'well, how long will you be?' and he looked like he just couldn't process the fact that he was actually going to have to wait 20 minutes or so. and then he hovered. so i did extra sets and extra reps and took my time just to spite him, because i don't know who his parents are but they should have eaten him while his bones were still soft. the squats themselves actually went pretty well. i think that chris duffin tutorial that i posted in the misc thread has fixed my mysterious form-suckery that i couldn't pin down. i've never seen the valsalva maneouvre actually explained in that play-by-play form before, and it turns out i've built myself a huge habit of doing something quite different, so it was a confusing session full of mis-fires and restarts. but while i was doing it, i got my solid-cage-all-down-outer-edges-of-body thing back. finally.

bench: i'm disappointed. i did mucho warmup and in the end still only got my 5 sets at 70lbs, the same as last time. and they were hard. but they're done and (cross-fingers) if they were hard that must mean my body will grow me more muscle for them. right?

rows: these didn't work too well either today. but i did 5x5 even if it was just at 60lbs. i don't think i ate nearly enough food today, somehow.