June Challenge - Me vs. The Binge

Options
mae918
mae918 Posts: 742 Member

Hey y'all. I copied the intro from what IsMollyReallyHungry wrote since it's the 3rd of the month and we've been really wanting to get started!
~Mae~

Welcome!!

Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

So the objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountiability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than the The Binge. One day at a time.

Current month 2015:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

***** ATTENTION *****
This request is not meant to offend anyone. I am requesting that people please refrain from mentioning specific foods on this particular binge thread. This is what is used in most therapy groups for BED. When I was in BED therapy in 2011 we were not allowed to mention specific foods. It could lead others to think about foods that they otherwise would not think of and can trigger binges for others. Hope this makes sense.

Again this request is not meant to offend. It is requested as a means of support and consideration for others using this thread. Please note this request is for this thread only and not for other threads within the BE Support Group.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Molly

P.S. For more support please see below thread also:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10040420/binge-eating-support-group-conversation-thread-2015

Replies

• mae918
    Options
    Me: 3
    The Binge: 0
    Days Binge-Free: 15
  • kadizia
    kadizia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    me - 3
    The Binge - 0
    Days Binge free - 12
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mae! I really appreciate you getting June started for me!! You rock! :)<3o:) Life is very busy for me right now and struggling with a handful! Have a good month and keep up the good work!
    mae918 wrote: »

Hey y'all. I copied the intro from what IsMollyReallyHungry wrote since it's the 3rd of the month and we've been really wanting to get started!
    ~Mae~
    Thanks Mae! I really appreciate you getting June started for me!! You rock! :)<3o:) Life is very busy for me right now and struggling with a handful! Have a good month and keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    June 2015:

Mollie - 1
    The Binge - 2

Days I did NOT log it all - 2

body-mind-spirit_balance.jpg

887823.png
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Binge: 0
    Days binge free: 16
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    me: 3
    binge: 0
    days bige free: 4
  • JonathanP1962
    JonathanP1962 Posts: 111 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    me : 2
    the binge 1
    days binge free 1
    but i did log (most) the binge day - came in at 2550 calories (goal 1570) I was on track til 8 PM then basically ate everything snackish I could find.

Strange thing was it was tuesday when I recorded my lowest weight since the 80s and got a stack of compliments at work. No idea what happened - it just did.
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi All, thanks for starting this again mae :) and it's nice to see all of you again here.

me : 4
    the binge 0
    days binge free 35

This week I stopped restricting for a while. I found that I am kind of craving certain foods again and in certain amounts. Sometimes, I go over my calorie goal, sometimes not. Like I said, I stopped restricting to give way to cravings but avoiding binging at the same time. I think what leads to my binges sometimes is if I try to restrict so much while my body is crying for some certain food so I kind of let loose a little. I felt victory everytime I stopped when I think I am already almost full or full enough. I was also only allowing myself to eat what I want when I am already having hunger cues. It felt good not feeling my stomach hurting and almost bursting from binging. My weightloss can wait. I just don't want a binge relapse when I am doing so good these past few weeks. I did weigh myself after each morning though and I am glad to say I am maintaining. I am back to restricting now though that my cravings have calmed finally :)

Good luck guys!
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    the binge 1
    days binge free 1
    but i did log (most) the binge day - came in at 2550 calories (goal 1570) I was on track til 8 PM then basically ate everything snackish I could find.

Strange thing was it was tuesday when I recorded my lowest weight since the 80s and got a stack of compliments at work. No idea what happened - it just did.

Well, we have fallen off together! Totally binged today and, like you, I had just reached my lowest weight since I don't even know when, and I seemingly had no reason to binge. Ugh :(

Binge: 1
  • kadizia
    Options
    the binge 1
    days binge free 1

Well, we have fallen off together! Totally binged today and, like you, I had just reached my lowest weight since I don't even know when, and I seemingly had no reason to binge. Ugh :(

I've done that before! Something about weighing in and seeing a new low weight can be very triggering for me. . .but I also get triggered by gains. I'm sort of on the fence as to whether I should weigh myself at all! I worry though that if i stopped I'd balloon up super fast. . .
    me - 4
    The Binge - 0
    Days Binge free - 13
  • sothgo
    sothgo Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    me: 4
    binge:0
    days binge free: 5
  • JonathanP1962
    Options
    me: 3
    the binge: 1
    days binge free 2

back on track - I put on 3.5 lbs the day after the binge (water retention mostly). Its now friday morning and I am back to tuesday weight. Sighs - 3 days repair work for pigging out :(
  • stepawayfromthebiscuits
    Options
    June 2015
    Me:0
    The binge:5

Tomorrow is a new day (fingers crossed)
  • JonathanP1962
    edited June 2015
    Options
    June 2015
    Me:0
    The binge:5

Tomorrow is a new day (fingers crossed)
    Hi stepaway - posting here is the first step - We are rooting for you.
    Friday evening - all good about an hour to bed time - just had a bottle of wine (logged) with my wife and no cravings :)
    me : 4
    the binge : 1
    days binge free 3
    days without logging 0
  • mae918
    Options
    Me: 5
    Binge: 0
    binge-free 17
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    me : 5
    the binge: 0
    days binge free: 36
  • Pudding1980
    Options
    Jonathan, mmm, wine! :)

Me: 4
    Days binge free: 1
  • kadizia
    Options
    me - 5
    The Binge - 0
    Days Binge free - 14
    My friend got married yesterday and I definitely overate at her reception, but I didn't binge when I got home which was really really hard.
This discussion has been closed.