Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• tarotaces75
    tarotaces75 Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had VSG on 18 June 2015. Have lost 75 pounds; still have ~14 to go. Haven't been on here in a long time; have a lot of NSVs!!

- clearing out the closet, donating bag after bag of clothes from size 14 to size 3X.
    - losing a full shoe size
    - wearing size 10 clothes I've had squirreled away in the back of the closet for 12 years, with my eye on getting into those size 8s and 6s!!
    - being able to wear several items of clothing that had been NWT in my closet for over a decade
    - being able to wear beloved jewelry that I'd been unable to wear for years (Thai baht necklace and pendant; rings; bracelets)
    - being able to stand on one foot in the shower and wash the bottom of my other foot
    - being able to bend down and put on my socks and tie my shoes with utter ease because my stomach is no longer in the way... meaning my arms are long enough!
    - being able to complete the C25K (Couch to 5K) app and run my first 5K - I hadn't run in years
    - not having any hip pain any longer
    - being able to get on and off a shuttle bus easily and without knee/hip pain
    - going hiking in Yosemite and Big Sur with my kids, and not getting winded
    - getting a new driver's license photo and getting complimented by the DMV lady
    - climbing fearlessly up a ladder to change the light bulb in the entry hall light fixture
    - putting in an 18'x6' vegetable garden and spending hours and hours gardening without becoming red-faced and covered in sweat
    - the feel of my bones under my skin, no longer buried in inches of blubber. My daughter actually complained: "Mom, your shoulder is BONY!" YES!
    - my family's pride in my achievements
    - being actually HAPPY to have my photograph taken; having a blast taking selfies with my kids
    - seeing respect and not dismissal in the eyes of co-workers and strangers alike
    - feeling younger, sexier, healthier and happier than I have in far too long!!

NO REGRETS!

Edited to add:
    - realizing I need to update my photo on this app cuz I'm down a good 30# since it was last posted!!

I am GREATLY anticipating experiencing those myself. All of them. Your NSV's made me cry because I KNOW I will get there too soon and it makes me soo happy I can't hold it in.

(You are inspiring to me, I'm sending you a friend request :blush: )
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Today, for the first time, a person who does not know I had surgery commented that she could tell I've been losing weight. People have commented before, but each of them knew about my surgery.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    @Mandy_1982 so sorry for your loss! Good luck on re-starting your journey!
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better about myself these days that I actually screwed up the courage to post a real pic of myself! I've avoid cameras at all costs for years, actually taking pics of myself is a new thing.

@AllisonMart - Looking good all around and your hair is amazing!

• AllisonMart
    AllisonMart Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @Lisidy - Thanks! I used hot rollers for the first time in ages and was shocked it came out so good! Super easy too.