Recent NSV?

Options

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha I'm super-impressed! I probably run about 10-15 miles a week. I need to step that up as i get closer to half in October and full next April.

Did you switch up distance and pace on different days?
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    @Aztec4Life I do mix it up based on how I'm feeling. I'm not terribly structured. My usual run is right around 10 miles but I cut back both pace and mileage to do this every day run.
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @Ultima_Morpha - Nice job!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    @cjcarter77 Do me a favor, stop putting things like, "This will not seem like much..." in your comments. Accept your victories as your own. Accept that we all were where you are and know how important every little victory is. There are still days, even after running a 5k, that I am still amazed by how many times I'm able to walk up and down my stairs without needing a rest. There are days I walk into my pantry and stand up shocked that I fit inside it because at one point my thigh would barely fit. There are days I still pull my jeans out of the dryer, amazed that they will fit me! We get it. Accept all your victories with utter excitement. When you add comments like that, it's like a comparison, and "comparison is the thief of joy"! Congrats on running up them! Keep those victories coming LOUD AND PROUD!

What she said...
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Ultima_Morpha
    You're right, it doesn't seem like much. IT IS MUCH...it is everything. We know exactly how you're feeling because, despite what we can do now, we all remember that liberating feeling of those early victories. You're at the start of the rest of your life. You're going to go from "Yay me, I ran up the stairs!" to "Yay me, I ran a 5 or 10 or 20K or a marathon"![/quote]

Yes ma'am, that is the plan! I can't wait to see what all I can do! Thanks for the encouragement!