Introduce yourself

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Welcome Ashley and Becca!

@Ashley- kids are draining on energy and definitely make this journey a little harder (IMO). I have an almost 5 year old and 2.5 year old and I feel like I am just constantly exhasted. Good Luck!

@Becca- I also have a desk job. That really makes activity during the day tougher. I do my best to get up and walk around when I can or even stretch at my desk (with some strange looks from my coworkers). It is tough when you can't easily build activity into your workday. The hours are limited before and after work so it is a constant struggle to figure out how to fit it in.
  • Hi there I am from New Zealand and am 30 and determined not to go into my 31st year (which starts in Feb) so overweight and tired like I am now.
    I am 176cm and 11.4 kg long term goal is to get down to 77kg which puts me in the healthy BMI range but basically BMI aside its about taking my life back for me. I work for government here and spend a good 15 hours a week commuting which kicks my behind. My focus going forward is sticking to my calorie limit here in MFP and fitting some workouts into my day - my punishment of choice is the gym for strength training and running (well drunken turtle like shuffling). I have a ten km run coming up in October that I have been coerced into doing and now publicly committed to so watch this space! I would be really grateful for any friend requests/adds as I am going to need all the help I can get.

• jtwinkles
    jtwinkles Posts: 3 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm Jen - 33 (for another 2 weeks), married mom of one little guy. I wasn't overweight until my sophomore/junior year of college when life got super stressful and I started overeating. I joined MFP a while ago but didn't really use it until now. I need to lose a lot. But I'm focusing on 10% right now, and then I'll go from there. I'm trying to lose weight and get healthy to be a good example for my son, to maybe try and get pregnant again next year, and because my job as a Home Health Social Worker has me terrified of being old and fat. I have a Fitbit and I'm trying to be diligent in tracking everything! I've tried other diets (ww, Atkins, south beach, etc) but this time I'm determined to make it work!
  • Geekette
    Geekette Posts: 2 Member
    My name is Trudy. I am 37 years old and live in North Carolina. Due to having horrible stomach issues for the past year, I recently went under for a colonoscopy and a endoscopy. I was diagnosed with diverticulosis and my doctor also found two ulcers. My goal is to lose around 40 pounds and maintain healthy eating habits. I am a network engineer, so I have a desk job where I sit most of the time. I have a fitbit which really motivates me. Feel free to add me! I am always looking for new friends. :)
  • emilyjaneelizabeth
    emilyjaneelizabeth Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! I'm Emily. I'm 30 (until November) and I just had my second baby in June. I also have a three year old daughter. I'm ultimately trying to work back down from 175 to my pre-baby weight of 135 and I'm excited to start. In the past, I've been a runner. I'm doing C25K to get back in the routine.

I've used MyFitnessPal before, but I tend to stop after a few months. I hope joining some groups helps with my follow through. Please add me!
  • JustinDuffey
    JustinDuffey Posts: 15 Member
    Hi im justin and im 30 years old. Im from spokane washington originally from louisiana...im currently on a high protein diet and in the gym 6 days a week with a personal trainer guiding towards my goal...i started using this yesterday and hoping it works well for me...im tryin to bulk back up to where i used to be...feel free to add me everyone needs motivational friends nice to meet everyone
  • CJBasque1977
    CJBasque1977 Posts: 40 Member
    Hi! I'm CJ. 37 year-old mom from Eastern Canada. I've lived in Halifax, Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton and Belgium but moved back home with my husband and son. I've started Simply for Life (similar to Weight Watchers) on August 19 2014. I've lost 76.5 lbs so far. Joined MFP recently to keep motivated and get new ideas. I've got another 25 pounds or so to go! Trying to focus more on fitness now while keeping up my new eating habits.

I welcome new friends :)

Good luck to all of my fellow 30 somethings!
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Leizel and I'm 32 years old. I'm born and raised in Los Angeles. I joined MFP 2 years ago and focused my weight loss through running but I struggled. I did Herbalife for awhile then realized that I needed actual food in my life! Also it was getting expensive. I incorporated strength training beginning of the year and slowly shedding the weight. I'd like to lose about 10 more pounds but really want to focus on decreasing my body fat % by at least 5%.

Feel free to add me!
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    My name is Danielle (Dani) and I am 35 years old. I live in Central Mass, am married and have 2 kids (5 and 2 1/2). I have been a member of MFP for 4 years and am constantly amazed at how much this site has helped me change my life. I used to think that health was all about being skinny and weighing less. I know longer believe that is true. I want to be strong, physically and mentally. As much as I would love to meet my goal of 150 lbs, I am happy with the progress I have made thus far.

For exercise I run, hike, and compete in Obstacle Course races (Spartan, Tough Mudder and other less known local races). I have found a passion for OCR. It has helped me become a more confident person and to start to view myself as an athlete. It is a total body workout that requires both physical and mental strength. I have met some amazing people and found amazing support through the races as well.

In my "spare time" I enjoy boating (or anything water related, reading, and cooking.

Hi Dani! I signed up for my first Spartan (Sprint) Race this December. Have any tips for me?
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Facundo, and I live in Chicago. I reached my highest weight of 230 lbs a couple months ago, and with a hard work I am down to 206 (Between 206 and 209 depending on the scale's mood, but hey I take that over 230 any day). I started to run a couple weeks ago, and I am getting ready to run my first 5K in two weeks. Feel free to add me.
  • BJG7_UK
    BJG7_UK Posts: 61 Member
    34 yr old IIFYM'er... Was 237lbs dropped to 179lbs.. now on my second cut at 187lbs after a little bulk..
  • lookinggood1979
    lookinggood1979 Posts: 2 Member
    My name is Joe, I'm 36 and weigh 260 lbs I would love to get down to 220 lbs. Over the last year I've lost 30 lbs, but have taken a break from dieting and exercise. I've just started back and excited to hear your success stories. Thanks and God bless
  • gadgetive
    gadgetive Posts: 18 Member
    Hi all! My name's Rachel. I've always carried most of my weight in my stomach. I've been called pregnant WAY more times than I'd like to admit. My weight loss journey started about 5 years ago when I started eating better and lost a lot of weight (I wasn't necessarily trying, I just stopped drinking soda and eating more vegetables). I was down to 130 and was finally in the normal range for my BMI. A year later, a lot of stuff happened so I put on about 40 pounds which was my highest weight ever. I put myself back on track and lost some weight and kinda fluctuated between 150-160. Then this past October, I got a herniated disc and gained all the weight back because I could barely move. I put on all the weight again and I got some blood work done which showed I was insulin resistant. So i decided to get serious about making meals at home, eating better, and tracking!

When I officially weighed myself a few months ago I was at 174, but I have a feeling I was back at 180 even before then (I was too scared to step on the scale). Right now, I'm at about 156. I just reached my 100 days on MFP. I'm getting married in two months and doing a couple long term Diet Bets, so hopefully that will keep me motivated. Since I've done this before I know running out of steam can be a challenge, but I'm determined!

Look forward to getting to know you all better :)
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc wrote: »
    My name is Danielle (Dani) and I am 35 years old. I live in Central Mass, am married and have 2 kids (5 and 2 1/2). I have been a member of MFP for 4 years and am constantly amazed at how much this site has helped me change my life. I used to think that health was all about being skinny and weighing less. I know longer believe that is true. I want to be strong, physically and mentally. As much as I would love to meet my goal of 150 lbs, I am happy with the progress I have made thus far.

For exercise I run, hike, and compete in Obstacle Course races (Spartan, Tough Mudder and other less known local races). I have found a passion for OCR. It has helped me become a more confident person and to start to view myself as an athlete. It is a total body workout that requires both physical and mental strength. I have met some amazing people and found amazing support through the races as well.

In my "spare time" I enjoy boating (or anything water related, reading, and cooking.

Hi Dani! I signed up for my first Spartan (Sprint) Race this December. Have any tips for me?

Have fun! The biggest thing with any of the OCR races is to not be afraid to ask for help and know your limitations. Everyone in the community is very helpful and most are willing to give a boost over a wall.

Spartan races like to carry heavy things. Practice carrying weight and walking 0.5 miles. Sometimes is a pancake sandbag that you can put on your shoulders, sometime it is a big bucket full of rocks. If you have anywhere to practice rope climb and monkey bars they are pretty standard at every race. Also practice burpees since Spartans penalty for failed obstacles is 30 burpees.

Run your race and set reasonable goals. You will be fine. Which race are you doing in December?
  • sarahhembra
    sarahhembra Posts: 40 Member
    Hi all I'm 37 and live in Kent UK . Feeling about 67 at the mo! So that needs to change :-) How's it going peeps, I just started properly today . What about you folks?
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Hi there! I am not "new" to this group, but haven't really been active - so here is my "re-introduction"!

I've been on MFP since April and have now lost 28 lbs. Before starting on MFP I was at my heaviest I've ever been (even pregnant!). I was starting to buy 2x clothes and feeling unhappy with myself. I tried a lot of quick fix diets (cabbage soup diet, etc) and nothing worked. I was out of shape and diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Fibro flare ups had me laid up and a constant couch potato. Now that I am working out more, I find that exercise is helping with the Fibro pain management (plus I have less weight to carry around which I'm sure helps too).

And I am now a "runner"! I never thought I would say that, but I started C25K and thought I was going to die during week 1. Now I am half way through week 7 and feeling good about the possibility of finishing the program! Even if I can't finish it, I know that I can run for 25 minutes straight :)
  • mamarundrc
    Great to see so many people, new and old looking to be active. We have a summer weight loss thread and an August miles tracking thread pinned at the top. Feel free to join! I am looking forward to supporting everyone on their journeys.
  • crazydoggirl
    crazydoggirl Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I'm Tiffany 30 years old. Going on 31. My weight has been creeping up on me these last 3 years. After my divorce i met a guy whom i am very happy with. Happy=beers and good food but also = 30 pounds. Hahaha. So i am finally living a healthier lifestyle. Counting calories has always seemed like a chore but this time I'm approaching it differently and it has been a great tool in keeping me on track. Its only week one but i see it continuing
  • mamarundrc
    Hi! I'm Tiffany 30 years old. Going on 31. My weight has been creeping up on me these last 3 years. After my divorce i met a guy whom i am very happy with. Happy=beers and good food but also = 30 pounds. Hahaha. So i am finally living a healthier lifestyle. Counting calories has always seemed like a chore but this time I'm approaching it differently and it has been a great tool in keeping me on track. Its only week one but i see it continuing

Welcome! I completely understand Happy = pounds. When my I met my hubby I weighed 146 lbs, when we got married 2 years later I was 175 and a couple years after getting married I was over 200. Luckily, hubby is 100% on board with getting healthy (he has never been overweight but has lots of health risks due to genetics) so this journey has been an adventure for both of us.
  • fatladysings13
    fatladysings13 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! I'm Sheila 33 years going on 34 in two days...yikes! Since I haven't invented a time machine yet to tell my past self to stop eating chips, I figure now is the time to stop ignoring the excess pounds and actually do something about it. So, whole-foods with an eye on the calories and moving my butt is the plan. I'm looking to create a lifestyle I can sustain indefinitely...or at least until that time machine is finished...

I would love some friends on here - I make a cheerleader!