Introduce yourself

Replies

• 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Clarissa. I live in El Paso, Tx. I am 322 lbs, down 25 lbs since May! I have been on and off mfp for years. I decided right before my 30th birthday, in May, its time to get serious. I currently mainly do Zumba and walking for exercise. Looking into joining a gym again. I am seeing someone for weightloss and am on a low carb diet. I have cut sugary drinks down to very minimal and drink mostly water, goal of 64oz a day. Anyone feel free to add me. I'm always looking for more people to friend on here.
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Rosie and I live in England. I started using MFP back in March and I have lost 46 lbs so far, looking to lose about another 67. I do walking for my exercise. I have cut all caffeine and pop out of my diet, made the switch to herbal tea and water
  • ItsJustJayChi
    ItsJustJayChi Posts: 6 Member
    Chicago guy here 31 years old looking to lose anywhere from 70-100 lbs and could really use some friends to help motivate
  • kcmom03
    kcmom03 Posts: 3 Member
    Rheameg wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Megan. I'm a 30.5 year old (so barely 30). I'm at the point that I want to get my life together. I'm 100lbs heavier than I was in highschool when I thought I was fat. So I'm hoping to lose 120lbs at some point. So far I've changed my diet and actually love it, but I'm about to throw in some exercise. I'm start small and make habits before jumping to hard too fast.

Personally, I'm a writer in my free time and work with the elderly and disabled professionally. I'd love to find some friends who are interested.

• MakGun
    MakGun Posts: 10 Member
    My name is Ashley and I'm from virginia! This is my first time in this group and I am 33 with two kids. Looking to get fit through positive motivation. I use MFP a couple of years ago and it was hard but now with the new upgrades I'm really impressed and starting over with it.
  • allyj128
    allyj128 Posts: 12 Member
    Hey y’all!

I’m Ally, 33, from VA. I’m getting back into MFP after a multi-year absence. Beginning in 2010, I lost 99 pounds, ran my first 5K, 8K, 10K, and half-marathon before the weight started to creep back on. This year it came back on with a vengeance. I was laid off, then hospitalized with a clot in my leg and clots in my lungs. I’m FINALLY recovered (and have been in a great job since almost immediately after being laid off) and am looking to restart on MFP. I’ve signed up for two 5Ks in November. One is the first 5K I ever ran back in 2010 and is on Thanksgiving, so am really looking forward to that.

Looking for support and friends as I get restarted!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Welcome Sheila, Clarrisa, Rosie, ItsjustJayChi, Ashley and Ally! It is so great to see more people getting involved with this group. We just started a September Miles tracking thread. Feel free to join and comment throughout the month. Also, our summer weigh in Challenge wraps up this week and I plan on starting one going through until Thanksgiving. The thread for that should be posted over the weekend. Otherwise, feel free to join in any current conversations or start a topic of your own. Hopefully we can get this board a little more action to get us through the fall months ;-)
  • Qvr11
    Qvr11 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi there! Looking to make new friends for motivation. I love reading about everyone's accomplishments:) I love in NB , Canada. Feel free to add me. Thanks! :)
  • ShinyCourtney
    ShinyCourtney Posts: 19 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Courtney. I turned 30 this past June, my son turned 1 this year, it's been a few years since I seriously tried to lose weight and I think I'm ready now. I'm sick of being so sedentary! One day I'd love to be fit enough to do something like a Tough Mudder, but for now I'd settle for actually getting to the gym a few days a week.
  • itsshannyb
    itsshannyb Posts: 13 Member
    Shannon. East coast. Late 30s gah! 2 babes 4 and 1. Work full time and mid divorce. Busy girl trying to simplify life, get healthy and more active. >:) Friends please?
  • Kristy_218
    Kristy_218 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey!! My name is Kristy, I'm 34, and from Illinois. I'm new to MFP and learning the ins and outs of how it all works. Motivation, inspiration, and accountability is what I need! My goals are to get fit, toned, energized, and be in the best shape of my life! I love being surrounded by positive people and spreading that onto others :)
  • dariuswedge
    dariuswedge Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Dariusz Wedge and I'm 35 so getting closer to big 40. I'm happily married to an amazing guy Christopher and we have a sweet little jack Russell her name is Nanya. We live in Scotland, Edinburgh. I just recently decided that I have to do something with my weight before I get to the point of no return. I was 107.2 kg before I've lost 2 kg so far. But I feel temptation to eat a lot of bad things every day. So I need some some support. My goal is 82 kg. wish me luck

• dariuswedge
    dariuswedge Posts: 3 Member
    Just to add. I don't have many friends that use this app so please feel free to add me
  • missie0611
    missie0611 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone. My name is Missie, I'm a 35 and have had this app for about 2 years. This last week, I have really buckled down and started documenting EVERYTHING! I have a goal in mind of where I want to be, but for now I'm doing small goals. I find that to be a lot easier for myself.
    I have always been "big". I'm tired of being "big". I want to healthy. To have the energy to keep up with my kid. To work to the goal of being able to be a jogger. I've always wanted to do a 5k. I will Get there! This app has so many positive people, how could I not?
  • KaiUneeda
    KaiUneeda Posts: 46 Member
    Hello, everybody. I am Kai from North Texas, mid 30's. I have been maintaining for about 4 years now. I came across this app by chance, which introduced me to recomposition. I wish I would have known about that 2 years ago. Looking to cut down about 10 pounds and will start at recomping. I have an event in 2 weeks, so I am going to healthily destroy myself in the meantime (I know I wont lose 10lbs that quickly).
  • v1477
    v1477 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I am Veronica 38 going on 39 very quickly. I have done MFP before with success but never maintained after leaving , but I have also never added friends. Now with 40 yrs old quietly sneaking up so has my weight and then I added quitting smoking over a month ago and my weight jumped 10 more lbs. So long story short I am 5'4 and most I have ever weighted at 197 lbs last time I weighed this I was due with my second child. I am not pregnant now and that boy is 7. Time to get serious and bring in a healthy me at 40yrs. First goal is to lose 25 lbs and then set a second goal! Feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Im amanda 33 from Minnesota
  • jcbenes
    jcbenes Posts: 9 Member
    I'm Joshua and I turned 30 in October. I'm married to GGKatie89 on MFP with twin 2 year old boys (thankfully not identical). I've been using MFP for about 10 days now, loving it, and prior to this I was using Noom, meh, for about a year. I got out of the Marine Corps in 2009 after 5 years and have slowly gone from my fighting weight of around 205 to 295 over the last few years. My goal is to get back down to that weight. I lost about 50 lbs earlier this year and then gained about 30 back. Now at the urging of a coworker I am running a Tough Mudder with him and my boss (and anyone else we can find) in May, as well as a Warrior Dash with my wife sometime next fall. It's time to buckle down lose a bunch of weight and get back into a shape that isn't round. It'll definitely be the toughest thing I've done since bootcamp, but it will be fun. My 20's were filled with a lot, especially all the globe trotting I did in the service, and I am looking at this next decade as being even more action packed and adventurous. It's time to get out of my comfort zone and stay out of it.
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Hi every one my name is Tamara, I'm from the beautiful mountains of Kootenays, British Columbia Canada. I love where I live and am continously working towards being more active in getting to the climbing of peaks (i.e. challenges ) ! Ive been on here since last February with up and down success but I always enjoy the camaraderie of keeping each other motivated. I tend to eat super clean, get on a exercise lifestyle roll and then hit a bump, like all of us I guess to some degree, but whats so great is the awareness we gain on here of seeing our patterns and relationships to food :) I love food ! I love good food .. but there is a time to put the fork down and deal with life head on instead of eating thru it lol ... well anyways thats my synopsis in why I joined pal..I have many other aspects to a wonderful life.. but thats the reason that got me here.. thanks !
  • Stephen_AN
    Stephen_AN Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! I'm a soon-to-be 35yo husband and father of three. I have a lot to lose, but I want it gone. I can't let life deter or stop me. Let's do this.

89468883.png