Introduce yourself

Replies

• Shylah24
    Shylah24 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm looking to lose around 15lbs,I'm at my highest weight and would like to just get back into shape and into the clothes I used to be able to wear. I have a very hard time staying motivated to exercise, I would rather not eat and not have to burn those calories than eat regularly and try to burn off dinner. I don't overeat or eat too unhealthy, I just don't enjoy working out, like at all. I've tried a lot of things, zumba, spinning, swimming, aerobic classes, pilates, yoga, home videos,wii fit even, so I'll just have to keep trying. Good luck everyone
  • reannalynne
    reannalynne Posts: 25 Member
    Hi! I've attempted to use mfp off and on for years with no luck. I've attempted paleo in the past but my husband isn't willing to try so I never stuck to it. I finally have a slightly better paying job so I think I can afford to make two meals now so I want to try again. I also gained 18# when I quit smoking. I already didn't like my body, now I loathe it. I am 30 years old, married to my high school sweetheart, and live south of Pittsburgh in the Mon Valley. I am treating myself to a personal trainer after the holidays to hopefully jump start myself. I suffer from fibromyalgia. I am 5'1" and 178#. I wear a size 12. I would like to eventually get to a size 6 or 117#. (This is where my Dr wants me) I'm hoping to find local groups on here for workout support but am still learning the search function.
  • onyijk
    onyijk Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. My name is Onyinye from Lagos Nigeria. I will be turning 32 this year and I have decided to be serious about eating healthy and keeping fit. I try as much as possible to keep an active lifestyle as my job is pretty much a desk job. Feel free to add me
  • FitGirl_Lotus16
    FitGirl_Lotus16 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone and Happy New Year! My name is Krystal. Just turned 30 late last year. I'm not new to MFP, I'm re-booting my fitness in 2016 and beyond. The heaviest I have ever been was 280 pounds. That was at the start of this year, 10 days ago. I've been doing the Fit Girl's Guide and have been doing very well on it. The exercise however, is a bit on hold until I can figure out what is going on with my foot.

Looking forward to connecting to other individuals.

103225902.png
  • DaniDani82
    DaniDani82 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi, :D
    I'm not sure if I ever introduced myself, so I'll do it again. My name is Dannielle & I've used MFP for a couple of years now. I'm a native Chicagoan, but I now call Central WI home. I have three kids of my own & two step kids. I use MFP to try to set an example for the kids. I was diagnosed with MS at 25 years old & on top of this, I'm a horrible yoyo-er & have been my whole life. This helps to keep me on track. & even if the weight is up, there are still changes that I've noticed in my life. My dependence to the scale & my food choices, just to name a couple.
    I love to make new friends & chat when I/they need someone to talk to, so feel free to add me! The more, the merrier!
    :p
  • AtomicCupcake1
    AtomicCupcake1 Posts: 65 Member
    Hi guys! I'm Ashley, 32, mom of 3 and 2 stepkids, from Arkansas. Just getting started and hoping to lose 43 lbs (lost 4 of that so far), and get my figure back. I'm tired of having a mom butt! Lol! I want to say I'll exercise, but I'll pretty much a couch potato, besides the usual chasing my 11 month old around and running errands all over town. Right now I'm taking it slow... Less eating, watching what I eat, and that's about it. I now have diabetes, as well as other health issues, so I'm just tired of this lifestyle and who I've become. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • JTanker66
    JTanker66 Posts: 19 Member
    Good afternoon. I'm Jeremy. I'm 35, married and we have 5 daughters between us ranging from 2 years to 19 years and we live in Park Rapids Minnesota. I'm prior service Marine Corps and Air Force. Since i graduated high school fitness and wellness have been a roller coaster for me. I'm tired of being fat and out of shape. It's time to make changes in my life. I'm weighing in around 250 and would like to live my life around 225. I know I can do it but need help. Please add me as a friend and help keep me accountable!! I am using a Garmin VivoSmart HR and my username is JTanker66 if you want to connect.
  • HealthyFitJess
    HealthyFitJess Posts: 16 Member
    Hi! I'm Jessica of Wichita, KS. I am a FitBit Charge user and would like to connect with other people with a goal to lose 50 or more pounds, as well as those who use their FitBits religiously. Feel free to add me!

Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 191
    Goal weight: 150

Really looking to make a whole lifestyle change; not just eating healthy and exercising, but in all things.
  • akyonder
    akyonder Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I'm Jill, living in East Lansing, MI. I'm a veterinary student and a single mom. I've always struggled with weight but have been losing the battle lately.
    I'm 31, currently 181#, goal is 145. 5'7"
    I have a Fitbit Flex, add me as a friend here and/or on Fitbit and we can set up challenges.
  • akyonder
    akyonder Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2016
    oops double entry
  • gkingbr
    gkingbr Posts: 292 Member
    Hi y'all,
    My name is Gerrit and i live in Baton Rouge. I am 31 (almost 32) and am trying to get my weight under control. I am 6'2-3" and at the beginning of December 2015 i was over 430 Lbs. I started trying to exercise some and watch what i eat and for Christmas i got a fitbit and it has been really motivating to track my steps. I am currently down 26 lbs and am hoping to be out of the 400 by the end of this month.
    Feel free to add me.
  • paddgirl21
    paddgirl21 Posts: 154 Member
    Hi, my name is Jaye. I am 35 years old. I live in Buffalo NY. I lost 60 pounds about a year and a half ago and gained back 40. I'm here to lose the weight for good this time in 2016 because this is my year. I started at about 260 (probably a bit more) and right now hovering around 240.
    I started a DietBet on January 4th, school, work, etc. and at the moment, I'm stressed out on how I'm going to make weight, but I'm down from the 4th about 6 pounds.
    I run most of the time and tried swimming for the first time as a cardio exercise. I can't really swim but I was trying at least.
    I have started to prep my meals and plan them out for the week and that seems to be working.
    My downfall always is craft beer. I love the stuff, but I'm trying to stay away and only have one or two.
    My goal at the end of the year is to be below 200 and I signed up to run my first Half Marathon in Maine in December.

I have goals, I plan on sticking to them. Wish me luck!
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Hi, I'm Carol, I'm 35 y/o 344 pounds currently. I'm working on my 2nd, of 15-20, 10 pound goals. We'll see where healthy leads me. I'm optimistic with using MFP and having family support at home and my MFP friend along for the ride I can accomplish anything.

I have a Fitbit and love the motivation factor it provides. I recently had surgery and can't workout right now so it's helped me focus on eating properly, something I severely stink at, but I've been doing good and am down about 20 pounds so far. I'm hoping the weight will fall off once I can workout again since I'm cleaning up my eating now. I can't fall back to old eating once I go back to the gym.

I'm always looking for friends who can help motivate me. B)
  • Hello, my name is Charity. I turned 36 on Jan. 6th. I was not over weight growing up but while pregnant with my son I gained 76lbs. Was able to drop 40lbs of that before I got pregnant with my daughter, but i gained another 76lbs with her. Not sure why 76 seemed to be my magic number lol

I have been thinking about my weight for nearly 17 years. I have been a yo-yo dieter but really only lost a significant amount of weight twice. From 2004-2005 I lost 36lbs and then in 2014 I lost 29lbs.

Unfortunately 2015 was a very rough year for me, I had a lot of medical issues that resulted in my putting back on the majority of those 29lbs. I had a hysterectomy in September and I feel great.

In November my husband and I started a challenge of losing weight. Now he doesn't need to lose much at all he was 175 when we started with hopes of getting down to 155. I started at 256 and my end goal is probably around 160.

I have noticed with my hysterectomy I lose much slower then I used to but I am losing. In the last 2 months I have lost 10.2lbs (husband is down 11.4)

I use MFP to track my eating and try and get to the gym 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I work seasonally at the local zoo (guest service manager) I am on my feet a lot and I know that will help me for sure.
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Hello, My name is Brandeis, I live in Topeka, Ks, I'm a 35 year old wife and mother of 3 great kids. I have been on this site since June of 2015 and lost 100 pounds with a total of 116 pounds since March of 2015. My goal is to lose about 35 pounds more. I'm just looking to make some friends on here.
  • ChutneyFerret19
    ChutneyFerret19 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone, well this is my second time back on my fitness pal. My original plan was to be fit before 30 and hit my target weight but unfortunately didn't make it, although i did lose weight using this site, i slipped back in to old habits. So now i'm in my 30s its time to try again, so here i am. First week in so lets see how i go from now on.
  • slyce0flife
    slyce0flife Posts: 19 Member
    Hi, I'm Marci. I fell off the fitness and healthy eating wagon in November after running a half marathon... I can't seem to get back on track, so here I am. I need to drop the self loathing, dust myself off and get back to the healthy lifestyle I've been on hiatus from. I hope some fresh faces will help get me out of this hole I've dug for myself, I mean goodness I am so disappointed! I go from being a runner to a bump on a log! :neutral:
  • bebegurl808
    bebegurl808 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone my name is Celeste and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I reached my highest weight a couple of years ago topping out at 280 pounds. I have been working at losing the weight for a while now and am down to 233 pounds as of today. I know that I have a long way to go to get to a healthier weight. My goal is to get to at least 200 pounds.
  • luvleephilly
    luvleephilly Posts: 41 Member
    Hello everyone my name is Phillipa I am 31 and I am from Jamaica. My highest weight was 235 I believe. I am now 205 lbs and I am 6 lbs away from my next mini goal. I must admit I am not exercising as I should but I make sure that I consistently eat at a deficit. My goal weight is to get to 140 and move from there.
  • scottsteurer
    scottsteurer Posts: 20 Member
    My name is Scott and I am 32 years old. My girlfriend and I both use MFP. I have a 3 year old daughter from my first marriage. I have recently lost 22.5 lbs in the last 4 months from weightlifting, road cycling, running, and swimming. Im training to be a triathlete and love doing obstacle courses like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder.