Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Morning, misfits! Happy Friday!

I hope you guys have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend as we honor our nation's fallen heroes. We are going to our son's home for a cookout tomorrow and I look forward to that. I won't worry about having the right food as I am taking a veggie and fruit tray and once I pair the veggies with a chicken breast, I am set.

It's gym day for me so I better get going.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    sounds like a nice well prepare plan Connie. Good for you.We are not planing on anything. I will just eat my regular potatoes. I may try to make some potato salad vegan style. with no salad dressing. Alice will be out to Saturday or Sunday.I do not plan on doing no heavy cooking this weekend. Going to bake some sweet potatoes here soon. Baked enough to last a few days. Getting too hot here to have the oven on much.

So great to have you all here I hope this time next year we will all be skinnier. aand still posting here. You all are just like part of my family.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Morning,

Ditto to what Connie said about honoring our fallen heroes this Memorial Day.
    Thanks to our veterans we can enjoy and celebrate this holiday.

I have gotten in a 35 min walk in the neighborhood and it was rather pleasant
    since it was overcast not too hot. Gotta go to grocery store today.

Have a great Memorial Day.

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Barbie so sad to hear of Jake losing his daughter thru Breast cancer
    hugs to you both.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Barbie so sad to hear of Jake losing his daughter thru Breast cancer
    hugs to you both.

t4426.gifthank you...Jake is doing well..spending a lot of time on the phone with his other children and granddaughter and son in law
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good to hear Barbie.Is he able to make the trip. I am glad he did get to spend time with earlier.So sad. Hugs thru this difficult time.She is the one that lives in Calif.
    I love you both.
    Marie

1652195q5lz4taocp.gif
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Barbie, Sorry to hear of your and Jakes loss of his daughter. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Barbie..prayers for you and yours at this difficult time.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Barbie, sending prayers for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your families loss. Janice
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :)<3 Thank you for your kind thoughts. Jake's daughter lived in Ohio. He went there for a week in September when she was feeling good and they could do all sorts of things together and finish saying all the things they needed to say. He had called her once or twice a week for quite a long time. He will not be going to the funeral. His daughter knew that and agreed with his decision.

<3 Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You know Barbie I much rather for my kids to come see me while I am alive than at my funeral. Jack did the right thing.Blessed him.So glad He got to spend time with his dauter My kids are pretty good about coming by Bruce not so often but at least 3 or 4 times a year. he is still a Texas boy.Even tho St. Louis is his home. His job is there so is his family
    Alice every 2 weeks and Kathy every week.
  • CALIECAT
    edited May 2016
    Options
    url8uezpsngu.jpg
    Here is my first attempt at frying french fries in my no oil cooker
    They got good and done on the inside but they were not crisp on the outside. . I cook them at 10 minutes at a time and thew in the mini sweet peppers 10 minutes the last 10 minutes. My reactions Will have to get used to it. after all I have been eating gresy french fries for 85 years But I recalled most of mine I had when I was a kid was good old fry potatoes.But all in all a nice change of my breakfast this morning I qill rate this a 5 out of 10 points . If anyone has any clue to make them crisp will appreciate the tips. Oh I did put them the fryer basket raw
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie your plate of food looks really good and delicious. I don't have any experience with no oil cooking so sorry I can't help you.

Barbie - sorry for your loss. <3

It looks like everyone is doing well and still at the battle. My daughters and myself were on a talk show
    here in Canada, in the audience, and had so much fun. We came home with a bag full of goodies from
    the show. My SIL taped it so we could see it when we got home. It was a an early morning of getting up at 5:30 am this morning but it was worth it. We also had our picture taken with the host Marilyn Denis.

We are spending quality time with Isaac and my daugher and son in law went to the Blue Jays baseball
    game and we are babysitting.

Tomorrow we are heading to the cottage to clean it and open it up for the summer.

Our boat is in the water and cleaned on Friday, and I did wrench my knee some how, I don't how,but its swollen on the side and I am wearing an ace bandage and using ice. I will see how it goes and maybe
    a trip to the chiropractor....when I get back.

Have a good weekend.

Shirley

• CALIECAT
    Options
    I good morning misfits,
    Good healthy eating day to you'll

Marie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning!

Ditto what Marie said! It's gym day for me. The scale is holding on and so am I.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day.

Now back to my daily routine. Scales not moving although I am watching, weighing and doing extra exercise???

Marie, Your food looks great. I have not heard of the no oil fryer??? I admire you for trying the new appliances.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    We had a good weekend, it flew by. We had a nice fire Saturday and also Sunday, plus we cooked out on our charcoal grill, we like to use it when we're not in a hurry instead of our gas one. My daughter, and her husband and my grandson came over to enjoy the fire, she brought marshmellows to roast. I did avoid them. The weather was really hot and nice, the rain stayed away.

Today I am going to the nursing home, it's been a month since I have been there and her 61st birthday is Wednesday. Thursday is the day of my leep procedure.

I hope everyone is doing good, have a nice day.Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Janice...enjoy your sis today and you are in my prayers for a good result on the procedure.

Heat and humidity is finally here....not complaining, though. I have walked the dog and have a pedi appointment later this morning.

Make it a great day, losers!

If not now, when?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

sorry i have been MIA. i got bit by a tick:( i am going to the doctor today but i am hoping it is just a bite as i have no other symptoms. the problem is i am not 100% sure when it got on me. it was on the back of my leg toward the bottom. i am trying not to worry but so much about the lyme disease and it was a deer tick.

hope everyone had a good holiday. i an holding steady.

Stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Yes, the heat and humidity is here!!! Just got in a 45 min. walk at 9am and it's hot even early.

Janice, Hope your procedure goes well tomorrow.

Have a good day.

Nancy