Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Thanks for the birthday wishes. It has been a long week for me. Hubby left to go back to work on Monday. Tuesday being my birthday was cram packed. I took Iris to school first. Then a friend texted me and wanted to take me to breakfast. Then we walked around Ward Lake. It is about a 1 3/4 mile walk. After the walk I went to therapy. Then I went to lunch with another friend. After the kids got home from school I went to a friend's house and finished making some moonshine. My friend made me some chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. When I came home my oldest Shaundra made me brownies. Meanwhile I had friends texting me all day long sending wishes. Wednesday I went in the pool with the dry suit. The water sure felt good on the legs. Thursday was another therapy day. They measured my range of motion. Before surgery it was 6-92 degrees mobility. Yesterday it was 2-97degrees!!!!!!! I haven't had 2 degrees in over 10 years. And then it had only lasted 3 months. My muscles ache because they haven't been stretched that far in so long. But that is the only pain I am experiencing. However I have managed to get a minor infection at the bottom of the incision. I have been soaking the crap out of it and I have an antibiotic I got yesterday as well. It is looking good so far. And the therapist is amazed at my progress. She says I am acting like I am 2!months out of surgery not 3 weeks.

Esther.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I completed my treatments yesterday and all went well. The doctor said there isn't any visible cancer and my cervix looks like a normal one. He said my cancer is in remission. I won't be able to get a pep scan until the end of December. He seems very happy with the results, so I need to believe him.

After that my sister and I went to Red Lobster, I finally got some fish and shrimp, my lunch was very good. I haven't been there in years, my husband don't like it there. After that I came home and then after my husband got home and I seen him for alittle bit, I took a long nap, I didnt get alot of sleep, the night before and had to get up at 4.
    I really dont know what I'm getting into today, my husband is working, so I am on my own. I do plan on making stuffed green peppers later for super.
    Thank you everyone for all your prayers and concerns, while I was going through all my health issues, it has been greatly appreciated. Have a good weekend everyone. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Esther-Happy Belated Birthday, I missed that post when I was posting a few minutes ago. I hope your incision heals fast. That is great news about the motion you know have, take care. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    janice sounds good to me.

My nurse found a pinwhole . open on the my heal.yesterday so will have to valled the doctor monday morning I was so hoping it was really heal.

Mariie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - sorry about the heal acting up again, but good they found it early so you can try healing again.

Janice - Hurrah!! all is well for you and hope it continues. We are more than happy to help you get through this. I am glad you stuck it out on this thread with us. <3

Esther - sounds like you too are healing well. We are seeing friends on Tuesday and he just had a knee
    replacement and seems to be doing well. His other one gets done in the Spring.

We had such a beautiful day that we rode our bikes to next town and stopped for breakfast and then did some shopping and went to the farmers market.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    football day. Bye

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Still humid here but supposed to cool later this week. I am ready for fall!

Janice...glad this is behind you and you had a good report from the doc! Now you need some rest and relaxation!

Make it a good one!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    nurse will be bye and the rest of the day is free. yay tomorrow we go grocer shopping.
    Better get up and get dressed
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, We are finally getting a break from the heat, it is raining and has cooled off, right now it's in the mid 60's. The crazy thing is overnight our central air / furnace went out, I was sweating in my sleep, and I had to call the heating air repairman this morning. I have a couple of windows open, and it feels good in here now. The repairman won't be here till later this afternoon, but it's suppose to be cool for a few days.

Yesterday I went to Walmart to get out and I bought 4 new sets of sweats, they are so inexpensive, and I wanted some new ones. I came home and washed them in cold water to get them ready to wear.

So much for just relaxing, atleast the air hung in there until I was done with my treatments, hopefully it won't cost too much. Have a good day. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    It was sunny today but raining right now. It is supposed to cool off but so far still warm.

I didn't go to Yoga this morning instead I took a walk before the rain hit. I finished up laundry today
    and still have to put it away. I have been cooking the last two days because we are getting company
    Tuesday-Thursday. Kathy will be bringing Isaac on Wednesday for an overnight too. I hope he gets
    along with their dog. They are bringing their Australian Shepherd and she likes to herd people.

I will probably be off the grid for a few days so have a great one!

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just been so busy for the last several days that I haven't had a chance to read or post.
    Hope everyone had a good weekend. Hope we get the cooler weather soon!!!

Janice, So happy you are finished with your treatments and feel like shopping. You were so strong during your this time!!!

Have a good evening.

Nancy
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits!

A cool front is on its way finally. We should have below avg temps on Wed after months of above average. I'm ready. It was 92 degrees Sunday afternoon during my son's soccer match.

I'm also looking forward to taking my exercise back outside!!

Congrats Janice! I'm so glad this is behind you.

Happy days for you, Esther!!!

Connie...where are you? Hope you are doing well.

Marie, so happy you are able to get out and about a bit again:-)

Nancy..hi!

Shirley, glad you enjoyed time with your grand baby:-)

Well, one more day of extreme heat and then I'll be able to enjoy the cooler weather tomorrow.

Oh and not sure if any if you follow MLB, but my youngest son went to a free baseball clinic at our rec center and MLB player Brian McCann's dad was the batting instructor! And he was a great instructor.

Ruthie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I got my air/ furnace fixed today, it was the control panel. It was $472 to fix.I really can't complain atleast I didnt have to buy a new unit, this one is 21 years old. I have already replaced the inducer motor this year and we replaced the blower motor at the end of 2012 and in 2007 the A coil. Hopefully it will be good for a few years, since we have already replaced so much.

The weather is still nice and I have my windows open, even though the air is fixed. Maybe I'll save some money, lol, but I do love when I have the windows open and let fresh air in? I think it's suppose to be like this all week. I hope all of you get this nice weather soon. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    better late than never. right.

Having more trouble with my leg. a new breaking out close to were the other one was,.
    Jerry is oin to start helping me with my baths. We don't have to wrap it up in Plastic any more. So i tink we can handle it
    Just waiting to see wat the nurse says about it.
    We made it to walmar and I am cooking supper now..Will be spaghetti and chili
    Hope you are all enjoyin this fall weather.Its wonderful
    <3 Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits!

We are not feeling that fall weather yet. I just walked the dog and am still wet with sweat. It's supposed to rain late today to usher in the cooler temps. I am more than ready.

Janice...glad you are able to keep your unit alive!
    Marie...glad Jerry can help you.
    Ruthie...I am here and hanging on.
    Nancy...hope you are doing well.

Stay strong, losers!
    Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone,

The weather here is better and expected to get a lot better soon. High in the eighties and low in the fifties.

Not much going on with me today other than a dental appointment and church later today.

Hope it's a good day for you.

Nancy

• JLoRuthie
    Options
    Same here, Connie. We were supposed to have much cooler weather but I just came in drenched in sweat.....

Ruthie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Hi, I hate to brag, but we had another cool day, it suppose to be that until the weekend, then be in the 70's. It's been in the 60's the past 3 days. But that's Kentucky weather, one day warm, the next it could snow. It was nice not having nowhere to go and not waiting on the air man. Today is the first day this week, it's been that way. I just did some laundry,watched tv and made white chicken chili. My husband is still at work the past couple of days, he's had some long days, trying to work on 2 different jobs, in a day.

Marie-I hope your leg and foot heal soon, I know you can't wait either. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Lol Janice, brag away.

Today is a new day and I have hope it will be cooler.

Check back later.
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    I am jealous, Janice! 88 expected here today and still as muggy as ever!! :s We had a few sprinkles last night but not enough. I will not complain, though, because I woke up this morning, and I am grateful!

Connie