Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    yes it is.
    it is time for Jerry to renew his car and he is driving me crazy. He rereads all the paper work over and over all day long. he is a type that has to pay his bill the day he gets its.. Kathy will be here Friday to help him get it done.. Most of the time he act normal but any changes made it throws him for a loop. he will not let me take over in paying the bills and I am afraid he might go on a overdraft. For he does not keep his listed.. But so far so good.

Thanks for listening to me.
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    You can vent anytime here, Marie. You have always said that growing older is not for sissies, and you are right. Maybe you could check the checkbook when he goes to bed or outside.

I try to keep busy every day because I live with a negative person and that drives me crazy. I take care of my grandson a couple of days a week, and it’s an hour drive. I love the drive and spending time with him. Sometimes I spend the night if I’m needed the next day. Wish I could get away for a week!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, Glad you girls are able to help you out.
    Prayers for you and Jerry.

We also didn’t get good news from our Oncologist last week. Ben finished his 2 year treatment with Rituxan in January and since being off treat his blood count has nose dived.
    Wanted to start treating with a new drug but having trouble getting things worked out. With our insurance the Co-Pay is around $3500 a month. We decided to go to the beach for our heads to clear.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Oh Nancy so sorry to hear that. 3500 a month is unreal. Best of luck .to you both sending my prayers for you
    I deloped a new pain my right knee hurt to bend it/ having to get Jerry to help me get up, after I am up no pain.
    My girls will be here Saturday for a Garage sale. We have the best location right off a main road Close to town of Mesquite

Love Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Wow, Nancy, that’s awlful! The beach is the best place to go to think about next steps...especially early morning sunrise walks to talk with God. He has a plan for you guys.

Marie...good luck with the garage sale...hope the weather is good.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    It is going to be cool. in the 60's after a high

of 8o's today But pretty windy

nancy Maybe a second opening

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi Connie and Marie,
    Hope all is well with you.
    We are still in limbo regarding Ben’s treatment. Have not heard a word from Diplomat who is the specialty pharmacy we have been turned over to.
    He was denied by the VA and he is Service Connected for Non Hodgkin Lymphoma for which the drug was ordered. We have Medicare and Federal Blue Cross. The drug Imbruvica is very expensive ($12,000) a month and with our FEPBLUE the copay is 30%per month. NHL patients do extremely well on Imbruvica and that is our Oncologist first choice for this stags of Ben’s treatment. Not sure where we go from here.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy exactly what is it Ben have ? That's is terrible that he can't get his medication at a reasonable price..

I am really enjoy having Walmart ship my orders to me and love the pick up orders from Walmart neigorhood grocery store. And a little over a mile away., So is very handy. Poor Jerry cannot remember how to get there. So I have to tell him where to turn at to get there. But he is still a very sweet guy and I love him he takes very good care of me except cooking. But Alice and I are working on that. We went grocer shopping yesterday and the salads stuff is really bare guess I will be eating a lot of zucchini salads now. for a while Making some Sweet potatoes cheese sauce all plant base style to go on my noodles. Vegan style.

I am following a starch solution plan now. I just started today and i go for 7 days and weigh in and if I like the results I will continue if not I guess I will just stay fat.

Marie

• eyegirl777va
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Marie,
    Ben has Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia and Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma. Talked with Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy yesterday and
    they said they are still working with our insurance and it takes awhile to get thes expensive drugs approved. Just praying that it gets
    resolved.
    Sounds like you have been great thing going with your Walmart delivery. That is a Blessing!!!
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Nancy...hoping they will approve and continue the drugs.
    Marie...You and Jerry are a team...he can drive and you know where to go! ;)

Have a great day, ladies!
    Connie

• CALIECAT
    edited April 2018
    Options
    yes we are Connie.
    Nancy do ope you hear someting soon.. must be nerve breaking for you both

my plans for today Cook some Pinto beans, brown rice. and make some sweet potato cheese sauce for some mac and cheese . I had a good Starch solution food yesterday . Jerry is helping me get my meals ready to cook.
    Breakfast this morning was 2 serving of oatmeal with apple sauce
    lunch..... and dinner will be rice, bean and cheese vegan sauce with avacada and taco sauce,Bell peppers jukinni salad yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm can harly wait

have a great day.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a PTL!!! The Specialty Pharmacy call this afternoon and told us they had worked things out with our insurance
    and our Co-Pay will be $35 a month. We were so excited and thankful that God’s hand definitely working this out for us.
    God is good all the time!!! We fell so relieved.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    happy Days Nancy So happy for you and Ben and thank you for keeping us inform
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Nancy.... so happy that God worked it out! Yes, He is good ALL the time! Praise His holy name!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Amen!!! Don’t know how people do Life without the Hope we have in Him.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi 'yall
    marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Hi, Marie.... hope you are doing well!
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi Marie, How are things going in Texas?
    Did you get your Walmart order this week?
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yes I did Nancy My frozen food was missing but they quickly refunded my money to me with in minutes.. no questions asked.

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    do hope you all had a blessing Sunday. We sure did. Nice warm day spent the day with Alice. We went out to eat at a new restaurant to u s. It was nice had a vegan lunch and roasted beets. Yesterday was nice too. Kathy had her yard sale out on our front yard. she sold about everything she put out. An old friend came by who we have not seen in many years Her mother and I was best of friends But she has passed years ago Good night Marie