CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    not a drop here.
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang

Not much to report here today

I had a good gym session today to the point my legs were wobbly and I could barely lift my arms to feed myself after!

Legs and arms back to normal now!

Reading about the kittens makes me want one! I am just worried that living on 19th floor it will fall off the balcony!

My goodness I miss a garden!!

Stay strong folks

Faye
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

Barbie..I bet the mailman's look and/or his thoughts were priceless!

Faye..you can get a gate for the kitty to keep him/her inside!

Janice..your sis will probably pick up some weight soon as she is in her home and can eat what she wants. Mashed potatoes/gravy would be a good staple, too.

Another hot and humid day here with a small chance of rain. Cooper gets groomed today and he's hiding under the bed. I need to get him walked before we go. Oh yeah..his growth was benign so no worries on that front!

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits,
    Hope your Thursday is going great.
    -Barbie, 52.5 dumbbell??? T
    -Connie, Glad Cooper got a good report.
    I am trying Burst Training and hoping it will help burn some fat!!!
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Misfits.............. we got rain last night not much But I have a sweatshirt on this morning and feel great

Barbie 52.5 Be careful that's a lot of weight to lift.

Connie great report on Cooper

Nancy What is burst training?

Faye A kitty would be wonderful to keep you company. But I too will be worry about the balcony They are great climbers. I can't Picture living 19 stories up maybe you just need a stuffed toy Kitty. Ours learn something new everyday. They have took the hint our bedroom is off limits to them.

Janice your sister will need to gain some weight. Shouldn't be too hard now that she is home.

My meals today.
    breakfast... Baked sweet potato, black yes peas 3 stalks of raw asparagus. coffee

Lunch. ....Great northern beans. Baked potato, crock pot cabbage, steam asparagus, tea

Dinner... Oatmeal and fruit coffee

have a wonderful day.
    Hugs Marie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    -Marie, Burst training is exercising at your max for 40 seconds then resting for 20 seconds and repeating for 20 minutes. It is supposed to burn fat for a long time after you are finished with your exercise. Just trying to see if something will work for me.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    something to think about

I think it's important to mention that it is the carbohydrate that fuels the body therefore athletes need to consume healthy complex carbs for optimum performance as per sports and exercise nutrition courses. Also of note, protein comes from plants, not animals. Animals contain protein only because they ate plants or ate an animal that ate plants. Animals are not capable of synthesizing protein to meet their needs. Plants however are capable of synthesizing protein to meet their own needs and animal's needs as well.

Thought this was interesting
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Misfits,

We had rain today and it was pouring. We had anothe challenge sleeping last night but today should be better. All the
    humidity if out of the air and it feels good.

I had my second Yoga class today and enjoyed it. I did some shopping and picked up a top, a bathing suit and some
    underwear. All the Falls clothes are out now and I couldn't find any shorts. So I have to wait until next year.

I caught a bass doing some casting tonight and the guys got none. :p

Have a good night.

Shirley
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) Marie, the dumbbell are adjustable so they can be adjusted from 5 pounds to 52 pounds...that's much better than buying lots of pairs of dumbbells in different weights.
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    -Marie, Burst training is exercising at your max for 40 seconds then resting for 20 seconds and repeating for 20 minutes. It is supposed to burn fat for a long time after you are finished with your exercise. Just trying to see if something will work for me.
    Nancy

That's an interesting concept Nancy! Are you doing it on your exercise bike?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey I may tried I could walk for 40 second ready for20 seconds I almost doing that when I do walk
    ok I have something to do tomorrow. that is my goal/ Thanks Nancy Don't know if I could last 20 minutes tho. But whatever is better than none.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy going to try that burst training this morning. As soon as it gets daylight. These cool morning are wonderful Makes you want to get out.
    hugs
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Friday!

Marie..enjoy your exercise! Be careful.

Nancy..love that you are trying something new. The burst training is a winner..very much like interval training. Are you using dumbells?

Faye, Barbie, Shirley..good to see you guys!

Gym day with trainer for me.

Make it a great day losers! Stay strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Steph here is a cookie recipe that looks so good. since you are our cookie al. thought you might like it

http://bakingbetter.com/2012/06/07/coconut-pecan-cookies/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

here is a brownie cheese cake I plan on making for the family for Thanksgiving. I have never made a cheesecake and this one looks out of tis world
    http://bakingbetter.com/2012/11/26/brownie-cheesecake/

Hugs Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Happy Friday!!! Seems like the weeks fly bye.
    Have done my exercise for today and resting for a little while.
    -Connie, I am using some Dumbbells. Only 3# right now but will increase soon.
    This is a real work out for me!!!
    -Marie, Way to go!!
    We are in the process of packing up my mother-in-laws independent living apartment, which
    is packed full, as she will not be able to return to independent living. Not sure what we will
    are facing right now.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Nancy - We are at my MIL's house which we call the cottage before she moved here and made it their home.
    Now she can no longer come here by herself so we are taking care of it for her, my hubby and myself for now.
    She is in an apt. by our house right now year round. We took her up here twice now this summer so she can
    have some time here too. She also has a lot of stuff.

The weather broke and it is much cooler today. The guys went out fishing and I went for my walk around the lake.
    My daughter, SIL and grandson will be coming around 9PM tonight. Our friend Tom will be leaving for home after
    dinner.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My day was pretty busy.

First off I did not do the walk.

Second we went grocer shopping pick up a bunch of veggies for the weekend.

Then we went shopping for Jerry a hat to wear to the wedding. We found a Red one looks like a Girls. he painted it black and looks like a derby hat Like Bat Masterson wears now. It will do., we found it at goodwill.

my meals today.
    Breakfast...., Oatmeal banana and coffee, small glass of tomato juice

Lunch...Roasted veggies , Salad, 1/2 c Beans.

Snack Grapes

Dinner more roasted veggies. salad Black eyes peas.

I did not eat much for my these veggies really fill me up/

I found a barging at the grocer store. The had a pack of veggies k BobsWhat ever it is call. (veggies on a stick) I cook 2 of them but one was all I could eat. So had the other one for Dinner Now Have 3 more for tomorrow Oh me. but was really good. all for 2.99 regular price was 5.99 If I don't want them tomorrow I will freeze them and add to a soup

Marie

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Sorry. I've been a little quiet lately. Been busy getting ready for school to start and company to come and Iris's birthday party. Then to top everything off I found lice on the girls!!!!!!!! I have been swamped with picking through hair and washing everything in sight and spraying down what can't be washed. And I just got the girls registered for ballet too. We now have 10 1/2 hours of dance each week. Here is a pic you ladies might enjoy. Shaundra's first pair of pointe shoes. d8pk7dqh2bzq.jpg
    Glad I own a shotgun!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

Esther..looks like you will be busier than ever this new school year!

Marie.. Your menu looks yummy! When is the wedding?

Shirley..glad it's cooler for you.

Nancy..prayers for the decisions ahead of you and hubby. I know how taxing that can be.

I'm just peeking in for a moment while I take a break from housework. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Stay strong, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Still enjoying this nice cool weather at night time still pretty hot in the afternoon.

Esther I see you will have another busy school year. Is that your husband in the photo
    . Lovely picture of your daughter and you

Nancy growing old is not for the weak

Connie don't work too hard.

Janice, Ruthie Stephanie , Hello, Ray I know you are busy with getting ready to moved.

For those I miss Good morning
    and have a wonderful weekend.
    <3 Marie