Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

I am going to the gym this morning and will come back to chat a little later.
    Hope you all are doing well despite the cold.

Stay strong!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Another beautiful cold morning.
    Not much going on with me today. Need to go to Kroger for a few things and then get my exercise in for today.
    Hope it's a great day for you.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hi all. going to b a nice day here in Texas. up to 60's Was yesterday too. but rather chilly early in the morning. Cookin me some lima beans Hope they get ready in time for lunch. I did not get any beans yesterday and I miss thems. Stayed hungry all day. And thats not good.
    Want to look up polenta and see how you cook it.

I am ready to pick up my lottery money.
    Off to check my beans
    Marie

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Lol Marie! I'm ready to pick my lottery money up too!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    No money for me no numbers matching, thats okay there's always Saturday. I went to the nursing home today, and went to Walmart to get my husband some new sweatshirts for work. I can't wait for spring, I hate cold weather. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursday!

Janice...how is your sister doing? You are so right about those old jeans. Although I can wear them, I am not crazy about them anymore.

Marie..how were the beans?

Steph..hope you got some sleep!

Nancy..it's been cold but beautiful here, too.

I am down a pound this morning and will gladly take it!

Make it a great day losers!

If not now, when?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies!

hope everyone is braving the cold, it is actually getting warmer here today and I can probably walk the poor pooch. I feel so bad for his little paw pads:(

I am having my sister for dinner tonight and think I will just make a big salad, steaks, potatoes and veggies. sounds easy enough and everyone will eat it which is always challenging!

Janice, hope your sister is hanging in there.

connie, great news about the lb. my extra lbs seem to like me too much to go away, lol! it has been a week on plan but not much change. I did get a great night sleep last night!

marie, shirly, nancy, and ruthie, have a great day and stay on plan!

valentines day is around the corner and I have set a mini goal for then!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Congrats to Connie!!! You are doing so good, it's amazing that you have stayed the course under the stress of building your house!!!

Steph, I understand the pounds not wanting to leave!!! Mine just love hanging around but they gotta go!!!!

Marie, Hope you have your beans ready for today. Glad you are happy with this plan.

Ruthie, Guess you want get to pick up your $1.5 billion!!! What a bummer!!! I must admit I was very disappointed too!!!

Shirley, Your little guy is growing up fast. I know he is a joy to your family.

Janice, Hope your sister will improve soon. I know you are weary seeing her in this state for so long and spring will be here before long.

Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Can I warn you all up a little? It is 45 here in southeast Alaska today. We have had a week of rain which is ok because I don't have to shovel it.

Steph.........have you thought about booties for your dog? There are fairly inexpensive ones out there. It is kind of like a baby bootie that velcros around the ankle. It protects the feet from the ice and rough ground.

It has been fairly nice here weather wise. We had a week of 20-30 degree weather which is nice. Not super cold. Then it warmed up and rained. We had a big wind storm here the last couple days. That's when my dog hates to go out. When the door opens and the wind blows his ears back and he is still in the house he tries to turn and run but I am quick enough to put a foot behind him and nudge him out.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Thanks everyone for asking. My sister is bedridden and wears diapers, its awful. She is on pallative care, where they just try to keep her comfortable. They don't give her any physical therapy and haven't since she broke her hip and the same time she was switch to trying to get medicare, from the insurance running out and was put on the pallative care. I found out that they dont do physical theraphy on people on that. All is connected. I need to find out more she needs therapy, especially after a broken hip, I found this out yesterday.

It is getting to 55%, its already 49. Its been alot colder lately. Maybe me and the dog will go for a walk.
    Connie-Congrats on the loss, my weight has been flucuating, still up since mid December and new scale ordeal.

Steph-I think my weight likes me too much, to leave to, lately, something better kick in, I saw swimwear out already yesterday, that makes you think.

Atleast 3 people get to split the powerball jackpot, 3 people in Ky had 5 numbers and get a million.
    Gotta run, Janice.

• batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Janice, I think you mean they gave switched your sister to the state Medicaid plan since that is the one that pays or residential care. The Medicare is the one that pays for therapy, at least that is the way it was with my father in law. You could talk to the social worker at the home and see what she says. Hope you can find out more. billieann
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sorry i did not win. Oh well had a nice time dreaming getting a new house , a housekeeper and a cook. too old to think about doing any traveling Just before the drawing i realize since I don't travel well these days I would never make it across the pond.

I have butter beans soup made for today
    connie congrat on the lost. What an inspiration you are to us all.
    In fact you all are.

i.giff.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gift.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gifw.gifempty.gifw.gifh.gife.gifn.gifempty.gif

Marie
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    I love your decoration Marie! How did you do that?
    Be back later to chat.
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Be back later to chat.
    Ruthie

Ruthie by going to this site

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/ if you need any help on getting around on it Andd i will try to help you. connie knows how to
    marie
    i.giff.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gift.gifempty.gifn.gifo.gifw.gifempty.gifw.gifh.gife.gifn.gifempty.gif

• janiceclark08
    Options
    It got up to 60 degrees here, I walked the dog alot, I have over 11,000 steps in so far today.Tomorrow its suppose to rain and turn real cold again over the weekend, so glad we got a nice day. The dog liked it too, even though he has run of the yard and garage. I made a meatloaf and green beans, and also have some chicken cooking in the crockpot, to do something with later. Gotta run. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Evening,

We had a great time with Isaac the last two days. He is making faces now, thinks he's funny, and
    is interacting more with us. So cute! We gave Kathy her birthday massage gift card and she was
    thrilled. It was for a hot stone massage but she can change it if she wants. It really snowed while
    we were there and Dave got out the snow blower and did the driveway. It's -3C today.

I took chili and salad with us for dinner but Wednesday after leaving and going to the Toronto Boat
    Show eating was not as good. I am trying today to stay on track because tomorrow is weigh in day.
    I did 47 mins of Leslie Sasone HIIT today so hopefully I sweat some off. 

We did buy one of the Powerball tickets but alas we did not win. Today was haircut day and
    found out my general doctor had a detached retina and was off work for 10 days and had surgery......
    Always get the latest news from the hairdresser.  ;)

Connie - About a 2 hr and 15 min drive. to see Isaac. Not close but not in another Province anyway. The weather was not the greatest.
    I can't have those ice cream bars in the house either, too much temptation.

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    JLoRuthie wrote: »
    Be back later to chat.
    Ruthie

Ruthie by going to this site

http://www.glitter-graphics.com/ if you need any help on getting around on it Andd i will try to help you. connie knows how to
    marie

Thank you Marie! So fun!!
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Shirley..that sounds like quick little trip when the weather is nice and so worth it to see the grandbaby.

Janice..we had warm weather yesterday, too, and expect rain today as well. I very rarely get 10,000 steps on any given day, but I am getting closer. On pool days is when I get the most. When we move, I will have access to walking trails so I'm hoping that will improve my mileage.

Nancy..there are days when I am almost driven to the brink of doing some serious cheating because of stress. I just refuse to be sucked into doing it.

Steph..how was dinner?

Esther/Ruthie..hello!!!

I am going to the gym this morning but not sure what else since it will be raining.

Make it a great day, losers! Stay the course!

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

connie, dinner was actually great, thanks for asking! I have really developed a love for shredded brussel sprouts roasted with a little seasoning on them. I am also happy eating steak! it was nice to see my sister and I think she enjoyed herself. I was going to make a desert but decided against it as I always take a little, and a little more, etc...until there is NO MORE!

I am going to the trainer this morning. I really have been so tired this week, I am looking forward to sunday as it is officially my day of rest! I am also going to try and stick to plan this weekend because I finally can!

have a great day everyone!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Barbie missing you
    1587769yijatd84p6.gif

marie