Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    HI guys. Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. Some of you had asked if there were any plans for slowing down in my near future. Sorry my speedometer is stuck at 85. Shaundra has been promoted from ballet 7 up to ballet 8 and that includes junior company as well. She went from 9 1/2 hours a week to 11 1/2 hours a week. She has not been doing very well in school all fall so I have removed her from high school and I am now home schooling her. If she can prove to me that she can buckle down and complete her in class assignments for the 2 classes she is remaining in we will let her try and return in September to the high school. But at this point there is way too much unsupervised usage of the computers and Internet during class time and she wasn't doing any class work. Since she has failed all the important classes (English, math, science, health) she has to start from the beginning of the year. She must complete one unit of each every 2 weeks if she is going to pass her freshman year of high school. She is really hating Mom's Boot Camp right now. As soon as she is "done" at least in her eyes I have chores for her to do. I don't have to sweep, mop, dishes, or laundry right now. Yay me!!!! However she will stay in band and PE. She really doesn't need the PE with all the dance she does but it gives her the opportunity to prove to us that she is willing to get her act together to stay in high school. Soon she will be gearing up for the first 2 performances before Valentine's Day. She will also have 2 band concerts in that time as well. I guess I will rest when I'm dead B) And that is just with Shaundra. That doesn't include Iris. She still has ballet and swimming. She also wants to try indoor soccer. She is in the waiting list for that. Not to mention I am going south again for the knee. Hubby is also coming with me. He is going to "get violated" (colonoscopy) while I am across the street at the knee doc. Kinda nice we are able to kill 2 birds with one stone. Sorry to ramble on like this about my life. Hope everyone has a happy new year. See y'all in another post!!!

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Marie..I have not added any beans back yet, but I do miss them. I have watched Forks Over Knives the documentary. It was eye opening.

Janice..that sounds yummy! I need to get my crockpot out. I have a cauliflower ham soup recipe I need to try.

Shirley..I like black chai tea and have it every morning with a tablespoon of butter, coconut oil, cream, and a sweetner.

Nancy...that turkey breast sounds good and easy to have several meals with it.

Esther..you have your work cut out for you.

I think I will go shopping in my closet today. I found the smaller size by accident and tried them on. The thing about black pants is that I have them hanging together in a assortment of sizes so I'm not sure which ones fit. I need to purge them once and for all. We're having issues with the house, so if we don't buy it, at least my closet and house will be clean and organized! ;)

Stay strong, losers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Well i lost my post. hey that's not what I need Its weight i need to lose.
    I will be back real soon Jerry ready to go grocer shopping
    marie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies! had a contractor at the house yesterday that asked to use our bathroom. I couldn't believe the disgusting mess he left behind. I live with a house full of men and boys and none of them make that kinda mess. I am still nauseous thinking about the clean-up I had to do. grrrr

moving on to happier things///the sun is shining and I am staying on track with food and exercise!

Make it a great day!
    Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    It's a beautiful, crisp morning in MS.

Connie, Sorry you are having issues with your new house. I know that
    must be a big disappointment.

Looking forward to getting this weight going in the right direction!!!
    I want to get some new healthy vegetable recipes. Hope I get new ideas
    and not get in a rut of eating the same thing over and over.
    Have a great day.

Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie, I hope things work out for you and your new house. Shopping in your closet is fun, and a whole lot cheaper. I still have a black short leather jacket that is too small. Hopefully next year it fits good.

Ruthie-That is so gross that contractor made a mess in your bathroom. You have to be careful of workers in your house, alot of times they like to look in medicine cabinet for drugs. Also I always check my windows to make sure they are locked when they leave, in case someone decides to break in. I am alittle paranoid, I think I have watched too many tv shows. Sorry you had such a mess.

Nancy-I am glad to hear good news about your husband, Ben. It has to be alittle bit of relief having one down. I like turkey breast alot, my husband, Sonny is not a big fan of turkey. He is okay eating a couple times and then he is done. Good thing he likes chicken, I have been cooking it alot.I like the boneless skinless chicken thighs, I bake them in the oven and in my crockpot, I make a creamy chicken ranch dish that is real good. It was on shrinkingkitchen.com, they have a section for crockpot recipes. I make meatloaf too, with some ground turkey and ground chuck, but thats in the oven. Theres a couple of ideas for you. I also like to put roast potatoes, onions and carrots in the crockpot with some spices and beef broth. All this food talk I am doing is making me hungry, I think its time for lunch.

Marie-I hope you found some goodies at the grocery, I need to go pick up a few things later.

Have a happy day, everyone. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Janice, Thanks for the ideas, sound really good.

Ruthie, You being nice enough to let him use your bathroom and him to make
    a mess like that is so gross and thoughtless!!!

Nancy
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    The worst is that he was only here for a total of 15 minutes! I won't be having him return.
    Janice, those are all good things to remember. I'm a bit paranoid as well because my husband travels a lot so I don't like having strangers in or around the house.

Connie hope your house troubles resolve quickly.
    Nancy glad your husband has that behind him and one less doc.
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options

I am on my word pad. Lost to many post so will copy this and post on our group/
    janice i did find a goodie at Walmart. A pkg. of little potatoes That wash and completely ready for the microwave even have a little pack of spice to put over them. you just add Butter or oil if using the, At this me I am not using any fat. no dishes to wash. Talk about convenience WOW

Ruthie so sorry about that nasty old man. God I would hate be his wife. I hope you reported him to his boss if he is the boss Don't used him anymore

Stephennie I am still waiting to hear all about your trip to Mexico. Did they have good Mexican food? As the rest of the group is too.
    Nancy so happy you are getting back on your plan.

Shirley. We have been posting together now I think About 5 years. Lets get off of our pity pot and get in the groove. i am glad to hear you are going back on SBD. Your Husband help you a lot to stay on it.

Connie you and i have been together 1 year. along with some more losers. Thanks for all of your help. I knew there was something special about you after just a few post Back in Dec of 2015 Could not have ask for a better friend.
    Thank you all for sticking together. Lets give each other a helping hand this coming year.

I have not seen barbie around here lately

Esther its aways a tiring time to raise teenaers

Marie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean Marie I am getting so tired of putting the weight off and taking it off
    all the time it gets really borning after while. We have the information and know what to do so we just
    have to do it!! I am back on South Beach again and tweaking it a little so I don't get bored.

Had an xray on my right foot today. I had surgery a few years ago because a bump formed on the top
    and it was hurting and I couldn't get a shoe on. Anyway, the bump has slowly returned, no pain this time
    and my doctor said it may not get any larger, so he wanted me to get it xrayed. I don't see him until
    February so will wait until for the results. I think its arthritis and they did tell me what it was, but it was
    some long medical name so I still don't really know what it was.

We skyped today with Isaac, I got a lot of smiles but he was only interested in playing with the keys
    and the screen. We will see him next Tuesday and then I can hold him again.

Have a good evening,

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,

ok I finally have some time to post! I have been so busy since we got back doing laundry, grocery shopping and getting kids ready to go back to school. I feel like the last month has been slightly out of control for me, way too many outings and treats!

so mexico was great! we have been going there the last 10 years with my kids over the holidays. for the first 4 years, we went to cancun and have been going to Nuevo Vallarta for the last 6 years. my kids love it there and both kids are pretty advanced in Spanish, especially my daughter who is fluent. the food is great, we have several favorite restaurants. I try to eat as well as I can but it is hard because we are out for every meal but breakfast. the only good thing is there really isn't any great desserts there that tempt me. the hard part is the guacamole and chips, I try to just eat the guacamole but eventually I cave for the chips. there actually is a lot of Italian there as well. my kids love the pizza at a couple places. now we are home and it is business as usual, time to start logging, exercising, and losing.....

I hope everyone had a great holiday! happy, healthy new year to all!!

stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I learned something about our food diary post.
    It will not post if you are below a 1000 calories a day. Go figure!!! I am starting out this new year with around 1000 calories for now.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Nancy..I just don't close mine out anymore even though I am eating more than 1000 cals a day. I just got tired of seeing their wrong prediction about what I would weigh in 5 weeks!

Steph..good to see you and glad you had a great holiday.

Shirley..hope your foot does not cause too many issues for you.

Ruthie..can't believe the nerve of some people!

Marie..yes, my friend, it has been a year since I restarted on MFP and stumbled upon your 20 pounds by Easter thread! You have been a blessing and it was you and the thread that kept me going. Your perseverance and strength to never give up or give in is an inspiration!

On my way to the gym. It's cold this morning, but this is expected in January! I was tired of the heat. i will probably continue in the closets today.

Let's continue the fight today with no pity-pot parties!

Connie
  • slw19
    Options
    good morning everyone,

trying to renew my commitment before I go off the deep end :) I too have been at this about a year! I managed to lose about 10lbs at my lowest which made me happy. still have 10 more to go. just need to stick to it which is incredibly difficult for me with so much time spent in the kitchen.

connie, hope the house problems go away

nancy, hope your husband is doing well. 1000 calories doesn't sound like a lot of food but I know a couple of woman that have been very successful on about 1000 calories a day.
    1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast
    apple for snack
    protein and veggies for lunch. omelet or salad
    small bowl of strawberries and blueberries for snack
    veggie and protein(4 oz) for dinner
    outshine bar(natural popsicle) for late night snack

my friend lost 30 lbs in 3 months.

I think I would be hungry. maybe I will try it,

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Stephanie good seeing a post from you. Hey that is great about your friend losing 30 lbs. I could never eat that much meat. First place do not care that much for it and real bad for my kidneys. I admit i do like a good hamburger occasionally but the bean burgers will work just as well and my kidneys will be happy. In fact I will make that a Friday nite meal. with baked sweet potato and coleslaw. I really like the oatmeal and also those steel cut oats. for breakfast with fresh fruit. come on spring get those berries in.
    Have a wonderful day Misfits. We can do it.
    -marie
    Shirley Connie, Nancy, Janice what are you all cooking for today. I really like the apple coleslaw I stole off of Shirley . Going to make some today.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,
    Stephanie, Missed you, glad to see you back.
    Going to be out and about today. Will get in a bike ride before we go.
    Nice to see some enthusiasm in our group again, I know we were
    an enthusiastic group last year!!!
    Nancy
  • JLoRuthie
    Options
    Hello Hump Day! Kids started back to school today. I sure did enjoy the break. I brought my bike inside and have been riding it. It's a lot harder without the coasting in the neighborhood!

Steph, I would be no fun to be around if I ate 1000. I like good food too much I guess. Mexico sounds amazing and a nice tradition to have with your family.

Well, I'm off to target for some returns.
    Have a great day!
    Ruthie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, not planning on too much today, I need to go to the nursing home and some laundry to finish. I plan on having some chili for supper, that I had in the freezer. I need to eat some of my frozen items that I have previously cooked, this week. I have some vegetable soup and spaghetti sauce I made when we grew our tomatoes, plus plenty of frozen meat I need to use.
    Marie-I have bought some potatoes like that before, I thought they were handy and good.
    Stephanie-I have never been to Mexico, what a neat place for the holidays.
    Connie-I agree that prediction at the end of the day has been worthless for me, I think most people agree its predictions are false.
    Have a great day everyone. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - I am back on South Beach and my calorie count is 1400 a day but most days I am below that.
    I made some Vegetarian Minestrone soup today which was a recipe I got from one of our Yoga
    retreats and it also has Quinoa in it.

Connie - back at the closets I see, your house will be so purged. :D

Ruthie - I have my street bike inside too for the winter. I am still keeping up my Yoga 3 times a week,
    Leslie Sasone WalkingDVD's and my bike for exercise. I stopped doing weights, it was really
    getting my upper arms sore. I get the strength training from Yoga anyway.

Stephanie - What a great vacation with your family each year. I bet they look forward to it.

Nancy - 1,000 calories isn't alot but as we age we need less calories. When I cut back on calories
    I realize I really over eat.

I hope we can all meet our goals for 2016!

Shirley
  • slw19
    Options
    good morning ladies,

I am trying to get back in the habit of posting and logging. I need to make sure I log everything, tend to grab a little and not count it but little by little, it adds up! feeling good today and going to spin class!

marie, there are vegan sources of protein, it doesn't have to be meat. not sure what effect that would have on your kidneys?

Shirley, I agree with realizing about overeating!! just need to cut it back! winter in Chicago is dreary, makes me feel like crawling back in bed.

Janice, hope your sister is doing ok, my thoughts are with you

ruthie, I need to go to target also....not sure I will make it there today!

happy Thursday!!

Stephanie