Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-The St Patrick Challenge does not have hardly any participation either. Maybe at the beginning of the week this will pick up. Join another one too.I seen one for women over 50, that started a week ago, it looked like. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @janiceclark08 ...yes, I saw that. Barbiecat started that one for the new year, I think.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Let me know gals what you doing about this thread or closing it. It doesn't matter to me.

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I sure hope we all stay together whether here or over at st pattys day.
    Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi misfits,
    I think everyone has been busy and have not taken the time to check in as frequently as they normally would.
    Would like to stay with this group but will do whatever is best for everyone.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Where did all this talk come from.? I love this group. As for me. i am staying here. No matter what.I will post on the comunity and give this address Link and see if we can pulled in some more lovely ladies. if that is Ok with Connie

Well connie i hope it is fine with you and the rest of you for i just did. It is under motivation and support i used the name of Misfit Callenge. I just gave them a link to get to us on our Misfir losers chatting station. We may get a few new ones bu even if we get more they will diddle down soon We are still
    misfit losers chatting station. Here. No changes here just trying to draw in a few more Members.
    marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I am more comfortable on this site, the other one is pretty dead and not an option, in my book, to cl I se this one. But everyone can what they want. We just need to concentrate on what helps us lose weight. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Janice I love this group too. This group was not plan. It just happen. as if it was plan.

We are a unique group . I think we were meant to be. I treasure each one of you.
    i lost a lb this morning make it 191.0. if I get down to the 180's I am not going to mess up again. This high carb diet. is working it magic on me. by eating whole grains,Beans, veggies ,fruit and no fat no sugar no dairy. I dearly love steel cuts oats in the morning with no milk, I may get me some almond milk to used. no sugar just a good helping of berries.I do not get hungry or do i get any .cravings. i do not have to count calories or watch my portion control . I just eat till I am full. My blood sugar is staying in a healthy range so is my blood pressure my BM is good. to just like clockwork. i feel like i am living my life free. I am lucky that i do not have to cook for Jerry. He has a list of what e eats written down and go by that list. I wish I could get him on the plant life food. But no way.he is no veggies person. and I respect his style. to each his own. i am glad I do not have to cook for him.
    Didn't mean to dwell on this but that's why i love the Misfit we can express our thoughts
    Love Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfits! Happy Sunday!

I love this group..there is none like it anywhere on this site. Since it is a new year, I just wanted to see if you guys wanted to do something different, and that's why I asked for ideas.

Janice, ditto that! We need to be able to come to a group where we are comfortable listening/helping others and can share our struggles without judgement.

Marie..love the new pic!

Getting ready to go to church. I'll be back later.

Connie
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad we are staying together!!! I like our little group here, no need for new people. Stranger Danger hehe
    Ruthie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    maybe you are right Ruthie ws came here to get away from the mob.

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all!!

hope everyone had a great holiday! we had a fantastic time in mexico and I brought 1 lb home with me:( will start weighing in again on tues or wed and hope it is gone!! happy new year!

stephanie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Happy Sunday, new year, new start, and new plan, at getting to our goal. Spring will be here before you know it. I plan on cleaning out, and organizing the house and my clothes, too. Also I would love to lose 10 pounds by my birthday, March 28, which is also a few days before Easter. Thats about a pound a week, sounds doable. This is the time of year we got started with our original Easter thread, we have went through alot in a year. Have a great week and lets do this. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Glad we are staying together here. We have strong ties in this group. I care about everyone in this group and we have been through a lot together!!!
    Made some cabbage with turkey sausage that Connie mentioned and really enjoyed it.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Nancy...glad you enjoyed the cabbage/sausage. Before doing low carb, I used to add potatoes. Can't say I miss them.

Janice..I am pumped on getting this weight off, too. We CAN do this.

Marie..congrats on the loss! No pity pot parties for us this new year!

NSV..I am wearing a smaller size dress pants and jeans. The scale is doing its bouncing back and forth, but I feel confident I am moving in the right direction. My goal is to get under 200 by summer and that's 15 pounds. Sounds doable to me.

Knees feel good so I am going to Aquazumba this morning. Back to strength training Wednesday and Friday.

Make it a great day, losers!

Stay strong!!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi Connie You will make it. All this diet business is cutting those calories. an we both seems to be doing that. even tho i am eating more carbs my calories remain low. here is my report from the 1st of January
    ****************************************************************************
    Woke up at 5 AM. January 1,2016
    Blood sugar readings 113..... Blood pressure 119/52,,,,weight 192.5 Fee

woke up 730 Am January 4,2016
    Blood sugar readings 98..... Blood pressure 98/56,,,, weight 189.8
    ******************************************************************************

Making headways my blood pressure is low but my doctor said as long as I feel good its Ok.
    Weight 2,7 lost it is coming along nicely

Had 1/3 cup dry steel cut oats cook , with fruit cocktail in fruit juice.coffee and glass of water/
    Lunch wiil be a hearty bowl of soup with pinto beans. fruit/ tea
    Dinner will be the same. in fact all of my meals will be Pinto beans soup except Breakfast which will be steel cuts oats and fruit

cooking some butter beans for later this week. That's it
    This Fork over Knifes is a nice guild line for me. i like it for i can used canned goods. makes cooking much easier for me.
    marie
    will report in again when i start a new bean soup
    marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-Great job on your loss, you are off to a great start. I have never heard of Fork over Knives, I take items that you don't eat meat. I have to cook dinner for Sonny, and he is a meat eater, but so am I, not ready to stop eating meat.But if it works for you thats wonderful, I do need to cut down on my meat.

Connie-Congratulations on fitting into smaller clothes, that is always a victory. I like the cabbage/ sausage too. I still add potatoes. I made cabbage with a few potatoes in it for new years day and a pot of beans and chicken. I still have some cabbage and beans left. I have started cooking beans in crockpot, that way I dont have to keep watching them on the stove.

The key to making beans in the crockpot is to put scolding hot water in. I do not soak them either. I put in 6 cups of the very hot water, a pound of beans, seasonings, minced onions, and a big ham bone, that I had in the freezer. They cooked on high about 7 hours last time with great northern beans. I did get the bone out near the end, so there weren't bone pieces and gristle in them. With larger beans alittle more water and longer cooking time, try not to lift lid too many times. I love my crockpots, I cook alot of food in mine. Lately I have been cooking my green beans in my smaller one with ham seasonings, minced onion, little salt and alot of pepper. That way again I don't have to watch constantly to add water. In the crockpot you dont have to keep adding water, just whats in the cans and a dab more when you start it. I usually cook 2 or 3 cans at a time, and I buy low sodium ones. I like green beans that are normally cooked along time and dont taste like they just came out of the can. I also cook these on high for several hours. I thought I would share these ideas, anything to make life easier and just as good.

Well have a great day, I need to get busy. Janice

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Misfits

Sounds like we are staying here and that is okay by me. Got on the scale this morning and gained 5-6
    pounds over the holidays. When I don't weigh in everyday things happen and it did. I changed my
    weight on here again and will be starting from scratch. My arthritis has been acting up in my hand
    and othe places too because of my weight gain. Time to get it down again.

Going back to South Beach Phase 1 again and see if I can get going on losing again.
    I did 75 mins of Yoga today and starting some laundry. Going to make some egg fluffins for
    our breakfasts too.

I started drinking some teas in the afternoon too like Oolong.

Cold and snowy today and the roads were not great for driving.

Good luck Marie on your new plan and everyone here who is starting over again.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good afternoon misfits,
    Connie, Good for you getting into a smaller size!!! That is such a good motivator!!!

Wish I could say the same but I can hardly get into my clothes. I gained at least 4 pounds and am so unhappy about that but getting thing in order to remove those pounds.

I cooked a turkey breast in crock pot, green beans and sweet potatoes cooking so that will get me started in the right direction also got in a walk today and 17 minutes on bike.

Marie, Sounds like you are doing well on your new plan. Keep up the good work.

Ben was released from the surgeon today so that's one less Doctor he has to see.

I am ready to get this weight off, let's kick off this new year with goals and reach them as I know we can!!!
    Nancy :D
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So good to hear from all of you.l, I cooked my bean in there crock pot too. tI do add foil under the lid. Seems to make them more tender and faster cooking.

For years I always Pick my

Beams to be sure no rocks or other stuff is in the before I rinse thru to but it been a long time since

I found thing like they used to

I just rinse them , been doing this for about a year and No problems.

We will be going out to see the new baby next Sunday.
    Love Marie