Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Blueberry and apple pies were baked by Kristina and her Dad a tradition which has happened for years.
    The meat pie (Quebec) is baked which I ordered through our choir and it looks really delicious.
    I just finished making the green bean casserole, a new recipe from Pinterest.

We picked up Kristina and John from the bus station last night so they are getting settled. We took
    them down to see Niagara Falls but it was very foggy so there wasn't much to see, they might go back
    today since its all clear. The Christmas display of lights was beautiful too.

We are planning on a chinese dinner in one of our restaurants tonight and inviting Dave's mom with us.
    We will be opening gifts tonight, first time in 41 years of marriage. We want to get a head start
    tomorrow to go see Isaac, after all his first Christmas.

Have a wonderful holiday to each and everyone!!

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Merry Christmas!

Sunnyfarm

Merry Christmas to you as well!!

It's good to see you!

Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all my MFP friends. You guys have made this year a very positive and special one. I could not have made it this far without you!!!!!! Thank you so much for all the support!!!!!

Esther
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Today I get to bake pumpkin pie, apple pie, mincemeat pie, and a chocolate peanut butter pie (special request). The last few days I have been baking the cookies. My legs are drained. Then last night after dark I went out to the neighbors empty lot and cleared the drain creek of garbage muck and dead leaves. If it slows down too much the water leeches underground and goes into the crawl space under my house. We have permission from the land owner to keep it clear but it was so overgrown by salmonberry bushes that it was inaccessible. The neighbor cleared the bushes off so now we can get to the creek. The weather here has been cold and clear for a week (under 32 degrees) so the mucky ground is mostly frozen. So I utilized the opportunity to clear the creek when I wouldn't sink up to my you know where in muck.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Merry Christmas!

Sunnyfarm
    rrr

Hi there stranger good rt hear from you
    Missed you girl. Merry Christmas ro you too.

• Shirley61
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Merry Christmas guys. Been to the country for Christmas Dinner Very nice. Kylee talking up a storm.Now. So big for her age.. She even call me grandma.We had a wonderful time. but glad to be back home. We did see a Bad wreck going out I hope whoever it was made it out alive but I doudt it/ Sure hear on the news tonight.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone! We celebrated yesterday with our children and grandchildren, everything went really good and we had a great time. The weather here was beautiful, it was 70 degree or more. Today not as warm and alittle rainy. We didn't have hardly anything leftover but some ham, glad I didn't overdo on making too much food. I did have some wine with my daughter. Gotta run, Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas Day. The turkey dinner I ordered was not as good as I remember from past years. The turkey itself was fine, but the sides not so much. Luckily, I had plenty of veggies and other stuff, but it was still very disappointing. At least I won't be tempted to dip into high calorie leftovers today because there are none! I did enjoy the hot dip I made for Christmas Eve and managed to control eating the chips that went with it. All in all, I am not regretting any food I consumed which is a change from previous years.

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie

• JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    esewa41ftwhq.png

Trying again to upload a photo. Hope it works!
    Merry Christmas,
    Ruthie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. We had a great time with our kids. They ate a lot of the food
    and I sent food with them so I don't have too much to get rid of.
    Looking forward to starting off the New Year in the right frame of mind. I finally got my bike Tuesday after
    several weeks at the repair shop.
    Have a great weekend!!!
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ruthie is that picture of your and your husband. Nice. Hope your family had a nice Christmas

Nancy concern We may be in for bad weather about you and the nasty weather soon. .

Good to see you all reported in this day after Chdristmas.

Janice/ sounds like a lovely day fodr you and your family

Connie i did not fair so well.But back on plan today.
    Merry Christmas and happy new year. to you all. I am ready for black eyes peas.

Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time with their families. We had a wonderful time too especially with Isaac. On Christmas Eve we went to dinner at chinese restaurant with Kristina, John her boyfriend
    from Argentina and my MIL. The food was delicious and we went back to our house to exchange
    gifts. We got up early the next morning and left around 9:30am to Kathy and Fraser's house and had
    some quality time with Isaac and exchanged gifts with them. The rest of the family came later in
    the afternoon and we had a wonderful dinner and more gifts were exchanged. Isaac was not short
    of presents. It was a long day and we were all tired so bed was much appreciated.

This morning we had a nice breakfast and then headed home. Dave is napping now and I am tired too.

Have a wonderful day, Isaac is going to another party on Fraser's side of the family. Yes more gifts.

Ruthie- Nice picture of the family. One of the kids in the family got a Selfie Stick to take pictures.

I didn't fair as well with eating too, I dumped a lot of the cookies today.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    What a night here at home. never heard so many sirens before.We are safe lost our TV service and have a leaked under the hot water heater
    Talk to you all laterLove Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I went to the nursing home yesterday and took my sister her gift, she had several visitors Christmas Day, so I was glad I waited. I also went to my oldest sisters house, she gave me a 50 gift card for Outback Steakhouse. My husband put brakes on my sons truck, I was glad he has them fixed and is safer. My mother in law gaves us a bunch of homemade fudge of different flavors, I'm trying to not eat too much at one time, just a couple of small pieces a day. It was warm here last night and the rain had stopped, we cooked out steak on the grill, and he also cooked some chicken too, while he was cooking for today. This weather has been crazy, today it has poured alot, with all this rain the field behind me looks like several big ponds. Have a good night. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Marie..thinking about you as they report on the horrible weather happening in your area. Hope it ends soon and that you are okay.

Janice..I am so tired of the summer temps and rain!

I don't have too much planned for today. Will take decorations down and get some housework and laundry done.

Make it a great day!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    After seeing all the photos of the tornado and realize how close we were to danger. Kind of scary But we are all fine. i still ave the lingering cold. Don't think I will get over this cough and coughing up this miscues But surprisingly i am sleeping good at night. Its after i wake up all the coughing begins. Just going have to wear off.

Take care misfits
    marie

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-I am tired of all the rain, the warmer temps I like because I normally get sick during Winter. I took down my decorations today already and vacumed. Glad thats done.
    Marie-I am glad the storms havent effected you badly, we are under a flood watch. After today I think the rain eases up for awhile. Just think if all this was snow, we would have a couple of feet of snow.
    Shirley-Glad you got to spend time with Issaac, I know you adore him. I am going to try to post picture of my youngest grandbaby.0blsc5185b9q.jpg
    She is getting so cute.7q7uj8mth6sn.jpg
    epvpnq9tn556.jpg
    I will check back in later, have a great day. Janice

• CALIECAT
    Options
    So cute Janice, whats her name and how old is she. We did not get any snow.
    Love marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-My grandbabies name is Bailee Marie, she is 14 months old. She is my husbands daughters baby, she has a 4 yr old brother named Trevor. They dont live very close, so we don't see very much. Here is a pic of the three of them.pck7t2m0dt76.jpg