Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi gang. Finally finding time to post. I am sitting with a hair dryer in my hand drying the starch on my angel for the top of the tree. My grandmother made it probably close to 30 years ago now. It was a little limp so I washed and starched it. It's funny how I own a hair dryer and never use it on my hair.......... It thaws frozen locks very nicely. And dries paint. Defrosts freezers. Sorry it's a handy man tool in my house :p

Been keeping really busy here. We are finally getting to decorate the tree. Until my hubby stood on the end table that holds all my plants........needless to say he has spent the better part of the afternoon fixing his oops while I sat on my butt drying the Angel with the hair dryer.

Christmas is going to be hard for me this year. I guess I will just have to keep the train empty. It is our family tradition to have a train under the tree that is filled with candy. Hubby thinks it's stupid but funny how he eats the majority of the candy........

We interrupt this post to turn the Angel over.

I am such a dork. As I am typing this out on my phone I keep bumping it with the dryer and then I think someone is texting me.......

Sorry I haven't been posting more but it has been crazy busy here. This week Shaundra has her high school band Christmas concert. Iris had her Christmas play. One of Shaundra's best friends had her Christmas concert. We are going to the singing Christmas tree tomorrow. And we are still recuperating from Nutcracker. The band kids did a beautiful job. We have 3 high school bands and 2 choirs. We have freshman band. Ensemble (with strings). Jazz band. Then we have the concert choir and a women's choir. Everyone sounded nice. We also had a Girl Scout gift exchange. Bring a gift under $5. We have crap in this town so I crocheted a little reindeer in under 48 hours for that. The girl that got it loves it.

Well I guess I have rambled long enough.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful Sunday. It's very warm here and totally NOT December-like. I am not complaining too much as once the rain comes next week, it is supposed to cool down.

Nancy...when our normal schedules are disrupted with stressful situations, it is hard to do anything. Just do what you can do right now and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Stay strong, losers!
    Connie
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. A great Sunday so far. Seahawks won so hubby is happy. Singing Christmas tree was beautiful. Here is a pic of my tree with the candy train underneathpcafi2stn6ed.jpeg

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I think I was MIA yesterday. So much going on in the crazy house whole and football game Connie love your new phpto. Is this a recent one. ? We wear our hair a lot of like love your tree Esther Jerryand I do put a tree up. We enjoy the
    Girls trees..

I cook a half of a roast beef

in my little crock pot the. Best and tender I ever cook. And did if a new way for me. We had plenty for dinner and enough left to cook a roast beef and veggies soup for me.

And plenty for the freezer.

Got my I P yesterday but have not read a thing on it yet.

Have a great day.

marie

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, losers! Happy Monday!

Yes, Marie, that is a recent pic. Glad you are loving your new crockpot. How big is it?

I just got back from Aquazumba and plan to relax here at home today.

Hope to see our other losers soon.

Have a good one and stay strong.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, I don't have any big plans for today, my husband is off, it was a rainy night and morning. To wet to do much work in the mud. I will check back later. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Connie, Lovely picture.
    Marie, Glad your crockpot meal turned out good.
    I like making soups in my large crockpot.
    Dr. started Ben on antibiotics yesterday hoping this will help with pain and swelling.
    Hope everyone will have a good week.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Our concert was a success yesterday, we sang 17 songs with no intermission so my back as well as
    the other ladies are sore today that was a lot of standing. We marched in singing and then went
    onto the alter of the church in our line up but someone managed to step on the back of my shoe
    so I had to be cool and raise my leg up there and pull down my show and I could feel my leg going
    into a cramp but nothing serious. Dave, my MIL and my sister attended as well as other family
    members and friends. We went out for dinner after that to Swiss Chalet.

I managed to get to Yoga class even though I was really tired, partly I think from the antibiotics which
    are working and I am feeling alot better. I have made two batches of rocky roads so far and now today I plan on almond crescents. One batch will be going to our choir Christmas party on Tuesday night.

Thank you for the compliments on our tree I call it a memory tree, the kids ornaments plus ours.
    Some people have theme trees and others I call it designer trees. I did buy some new ornaments
    at Frankenmuth on our trip.

Kathy's tree is up and they put large cardboard boxes in the front with Christmas wrapping to
    keep Issaac busy and not getting at the ornaments. Smart thinking.

Esther - Your tree is lovely and great idea for the candy train. Let hubs eat all
    the candy and the kids.
    Connnie - I really like your new picture and keep up the good work on losing.
    I will start full stream ahead after the holidays.
    Nancy - I don't know if I mentioned it but my MIL has the same condition as your
    husband and maybe a little longer now but she is hanging in there. She sees
    an oncologist every 3 months.

Well I better get baking.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I went to weigh today and my scale is not working, it has a, r o n, on screen. I called Conair, because thats who its made by, and they said they have never heard of that before, they told me to take battery out for 4 hours then put back in and see if it resets. I had already changed batteries before I called. If it still does not work, they will send me a new one, mine is still under warranty. But it will take some time, the other will have to be sent to them first. I like having a scale it keeps me on track.
    Shirley- I love your tree, that is the way I normally do mine, I have alot of memorable ornaments from my children, and also some that were special for me and my husband starting with our first Christmas and several more for each Christmas with the year on them. This year I still managed to put some of them on the tree, mixed in with my new design. 2 are special Mom ornaments my children made when they were in kindergarten.

Nancy-I hope the antibiotics help your husband, I am a big fan of them, to heal.
    Marie-You got me in the mood to make a pot of soup.
    Connie- Hows the new house coming, any new pictures. Gotta run. Janice
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Here is my tree from last year81hal1zwzg5y.jpg
    No theme just all my ornaments I have collected over the years.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    very pretty Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Not much going on today, but it is warm and sunny so I'm going to get out and enjoy it! Down .02 today so will definitely should make the 25 soon.
    Janice..I will get a new pic of the house up. It is all bricked and wired and the dry wall should go in next.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Been busy today.

Connie i can see your face is a lot slimier. it really show up. Sweet Christmas present to your self so this year has been good for you.We are having colder weather coming is soon. We have some little rose buds on our Rose bushes

Love Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am up early this morning. have lots of things i want to do today Hope to get a sample block made of Minnie mouse. Need to do some laundry, want to start some dry black eyes peas for dinner tonight. And here i sit checking out quilts on pinterest / Better get off the computor

Bye for now

<3 Marie
    have a wonderful day Connie what was that word we were going to used this coming year I done forgot
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Ladies!
    I've been busy with school projects (my kids) and getting teacher gifts together. My kids do their own work but I have to monitor/offer guidance.

Another busy day ahead.
    Stay strong and eat mindfully, Losers.
    Ruthie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

I just got back from the gym. Going to have lunch with friends today. It's easy to eat out when it's low carb..meat and veggies! We are going to Red Robin so I'll have a lettuce-wrapped burger and side salad with no croutons. Not interested in fries..eating those mean knee pain! ;)

Marie...we said no sitting on the pity pot!! :)

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, its another nice day here today, I really need to go out and get some more Christmas shopping done. I havent gotten gifts for everyone yet. Yesterday, I went to the nursing home, and I took my sister, Christmas cookies. I also visited my oldest sister. I took her some ham and some sausage stuff pork chop, plus some vegetable dip and Ritz bacon flavored crackers.They both are doing okay, my sisters hip is feeling better. Now to get my things done. I 'd like to take the dog walking to later. Have a great day. Janice
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It was another beautiful day here and I had lunch outside. I really enjoyed the warmth. Overnight we are expecting rain causing floods and then colder temps.

So...remember that cul-de-sac party I thought we weren't invited to? Turns out the whole street was invited but the invitation was a tiny little piece of paper stuck in the mailbox. I guess I threw it away. I'm so glad I didn't let that cause me to lose focus of my goals.

Off to cover some of our outdoor decorations before the flood.

Connie...way to stay focused and steadfast. You are an inspiration, not because you are perfect but because you are honest and don't give up.

Ruthie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Ruthie-Glad you found out you were originally invited, go and have a good time.Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    We had our post-op visit today and didn't get the report we had hoped for, pathology report was
    Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma which the surgeon said would require Chemotherapy.
    Will see Oncologist on Friday.
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Will check in later.
    Nancy